Fake Lovers

Dream High 3 (Love High 2025)

Note: I didn't own this chapter it was based from the asianfanfiction of GEHREL titled "Romeo N Juliet" 

I just edited some of the scenes (some cutted, replaced & added by myself) to make it flow in this fiction.

Again thanks to Gehrel...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Lying to Yoo Jin was not an option. She admitted he was the best lie detector concerning lies coming from her. Not telling him was equivalent to lying to him. So, not telling him was also not an option. There was only one thing left to do; the truth has to be told.

 

No matter what she said or do, she can never lie to him. Countless of books she had read to increase her efficiency in lying, proved futile. Once, there was a time she believed he was a secret psychic. He could always tell that she was laying her off. It took a long time for her to accept the fact that even if she dedicated a life’s worth of study for lying, she would and with no doubt, fail. However, it only took one event to convince her.

 

She sighed at her current predicament. Yoo Jin had spent countless of times making sure all JB’s romance affairs did not reach her ears or eyes, even to the extent of bringing an electrician to cut her internet connection. The memory was still fresh in her mind.

[Stomping furiously into the living room, she had one finger raised at him and a glare that could kill. He continued to ignore her and paid much attention to the iPad in his hands. “Y-you ... you, you weasel! You did this, didn’t you?”

He lazily looked up at her, hardly blinked and went back to his iPad, replying, “Did what?”

“What did you do to the cable and internet connection? There is no reason for the cable and internet connection to get cut off since I have paid the bills two weeks ago!” Rian retorted angrily.

“What makes you think it was my fault?” He raised a brow.

“Are you deaf? I just told you that I paid the bil- Argh, just forget it! Talking to you is like talking to a wall!” She retreated to her room, slamming the door close when he called out, “A wall cannot answer you back, you know.”]

She knew it was him. It had to be. It coincidentally happened at the same time that the media began to take interest in JB and his secret lover, which hinted to be a famous singer. It was very sweet and considerate of him to try and protect her from being learning of the news. A futile effort because JB had already informed her earlier that there were going to be reports of his relationship with Girl’s Day Hyeri, circulating around after a mistake on his part during his interview with a reporter. She decided to return the favor, for the next couple of days she had an impossible mission to do; Distract Jin Yoo Jin at all cost. 

 

He came out from the bathroom, with only a towel around his waist, a towel that nearly fell when he saw Rian leaning against the wall staring at him like a hawk from head to toe.

“Yah, what did I tell you about obeying rule number 5!” Yoo Jin snapped, desperately tried to cover his upper body as much as he could with his free hand. She feigned an innocent expression on her face, furrowed a brow up, crossed her arms and placed a finger on her chin.

“Rule number 5 ... don’t ever touch your guitar,” she answered, satisfied with her reply. He slapped his forehead, “No! That is rule number 3! Rule number 5 is don’t ever, ever barge in on me when I am sleeping or bathing!”

She crossed her arms, pouted, “But you’re not sleeping or bathing.”

She knew he knew that she knew what rule number 5 was exactly. Only she played dumb. She had to. It was step one to get him out from the house. The only way to get him out from the apartment was through the method of annoyance he is more inclined to do so because he wanted to avoid getting into a fight with her. (That’s right, they been living together in one apartment).

“That is not my point! My point is you should not go barge into the toilet or my bedroom when I’m half !” She just laughed at him getting all flustered. He glared at her; she immediately made a zipping motion over .

“Fine, I will turn around to talk to you, happy?” She had her back facing him, staring at the wall instead, “Let’s go out. It’s been a while since we hang out. You’re always busy with your promotions and me with my new drama,” she proposed.

He took the chance to make a mad dash for his room. He muffled something that sound like a “yes”, or at least that was what Rian thought she heard. Only to slip and missed the door, ended up banging the wall. All he could hear was when he entered into the safe comfort of his room was her dinosaur equivalent of a laugh.

Now step two already had been initiated. All what’s left for her to do is to get an answer. It was much easier to get a “yes” whenever he is embarrassed. Good thing was they had been friends for a couple of years now, which meant she knew his secrets, some of it anyway. And Yoo Jin’s number one insecurity was his body. Funny, she thought, he already had wonderful chiselled body. There was nothing to be ashamed over a good, muscular body. Weird Yoo Jin.

They eventually left the apartment after much heated debate over their disguises and Rian continued to pay compliments to his body, which the rock star never really liked her for it because it made him embarrassed with his own body. Yoo Jin put on his fake glasses on and wore a simple black cap over his messy hair and his favourite black leather jacket. She tied her long dyed brown hair into a ponytail, ditched her fur coat (under his orders) and took on green cardigan and brown leggings.

Of they went to the streets, concealing their identities well and the first place they decided was a dubbokki stall. Yoo Jin stood close to Rian, his eyes glued to his feet as he waited for her to pay, which the vendor noticed, “You youngsters, remind me of myself. When I was younger, I used to bring my wife on late night dates. It was much romantic that way,” he said, smiling. Rian only bowed politely and replied, “Yes, we have to agree with you. Don’t we, honey?” She nudged at the dazed Yoo Jin. “Ou- Yes, we do,” he returned, glaring at Rian. “Well, here let me give you kids some extra dubbokki. Have fun.”

Being mistaken as a couple was normal for her. They have times where none argue and they just get along with each other. Then, there are times where words became useless and action grew louder, like slamming his door or throwing pillows at him. Somehow, they resembled more like a married couple than a dating one. Despite that their love for each other was purely platonic and borderline friendship. Nothing can ever happen between them. That was for certain ... until that...(hmmm..)

 

After the musical, Rian stayed in Korea for a while as what said on her plan. Yes, she and Yoojin shared apartments which is nearer and easier for them to commits all their tight schedules. They are the BEST BUDDIES she can called, no romantic affair between them, only play time if they need to act as a FAKE lovers as what their fans rumored even before she left to U.S. But their fake lovey dovey moment didn’t yet ended when she returned in Korea, because of the delayed of her filming scheduled in Hollywood (w/c supposed to be postponed for 5-6 months only but the producers re-scheduled it the following year), so Rian commits other commitments/activities in Korea. She even accepted TV drama & movies on her homeland. But rumors was kicking her , she remembered when was the time they announced their fake relationship to the public 3 years ago.

 

Rumors. They always spew ridiculous stories, especially tabloids site or newspaper, hardly worth their attention. Until that one compelling article written by a website whose name escaped her memory. The article-or-rumor which indicated that she had the habit of sleeping around, based on several evidences complied with her anti-fans over the years.

“Look at this!” he exclaimed, throwing the paper against the coffee table. She gave it a quick peek before continued to read her magazine. “What’s the problem?” she asked, without looking at him. He crossed his arms across his chest, huffing as he plopped onto the single sofa and shot daggers at the newspaper. “Here! Look! It claimed that you went to great lengths to secure that controversial movie role, including seducing the director and he’s married!” he shot.

“That’s just a rumor. Nothing to get work about,” she countered, lazily. He stared at her with his mouth open, disbelief written on his face, “B-but this-

Rian cut off his words, putting her magazine down and picked up the newspaper instead. “If it makes you feel better, you were reading last week’s news. By now, most people have forgotten about it because the director pulled a press conference and clarify the matter two days ago,” she simply replied.  

“I don’t get you. You seemed to be plague with rumors all the time. Didn’t I told you to fix your princess complex?” he grumbled, snatching the paper from Rian. She just frowned at him. “This is not about my personality making me a favorite with the tabloids,” she scoffed. She came to her feet, walking up to the television and switched it on. She plopped onto the sofa, making herself comfortable as possible.

“When you are loved by the nation, sometimes, people are bound to envy and hate you because of it. Beside, it is a known fact that young, single female celebrities are prone to get bad press compared to those veterans. I’m exhibit A,” she said as matter-of-factly.

“If that’s the problem, then get yourself a boyfriend or something like that.” She furrowed her brow, now staring at him. “Are you forgetting something? You are my fake boyfriend, remember?”

“Yeah. But what I mean by a boyfriend is another celebrity dude to be your official boyfriend for the press. That way, you get less rumors like this,” he replied.

“I know. But isn’t that your job?”

“You told me earlier on and I quote, ‘It’s easy. I just need you to ward off those annoying stars or idols from pursuing me.’ That was the reason why I was the fake unofficial boyfriend and nothing about saving your from vicious rumors circulating on your non-existent habit being part of the agreement.”

Her mind started to think of a suitable candidate. For every candidate, the ending was always the same. She might fall in love with him and then she becomes the one to cry at the first sign of breaking up. Given her history with men always end in a sour note, where she was never the dumper but the dumped. So many handsome male stars, so many possibilities but … why find someone when you have the right man in front of eyes?

“Let’s become official then,” she told him. He gawked at her with bewilderment and blinking rapidly, “Are you crazy? I did not say I wanted to be your boyfriend.” She sighed, massaging her temple. “I mean, you become my fake official boyfriend. But our relationship strictly remained as friends.

“Oh.”

 

They met with her company’s PR and manager, a couple of days later. They explained the reason behind her sudden desire to come out clean. Of course, they did not include the fact that it was just a half-fake, half-truth relationship.

“So, how exactly are we going to announce this to the fans?” he questioned, staring at the whiteboard, filled with scribbles belonged to both the PR and her manager. “Firstly, we are going to imply as if you two are in relationship. You’ll be having secret dates and all.”

“Also,” the manager added, “we want to make sure the netizens gets a good impression of you. You said you are a rock star?” he gazed at Yoo Jin, who only nodded. “Have you ventured into mainstream rock yet? How many albums? Singles? Mini Album?”

“Yeah, just recently. About 2 mini albums. But I have two ballad digital singles as well. “

“I see. That means you are still new to the scene.  Not much coverage on rock stars anyway, so that’s a good thing,” stated the PR, she went to the board and circled his name, putting an arrow next to it and linking it with the word, ‘potential’.

“Next step, you two will be going for a not-so secret rendezvous and we’ll have someone tip the journalists. Ignore their presence, just continue with your normal routine,” her manager offered. Rian and Yoo Jin just nodded to show that they understood it perfectly.

“When rumors began to circulate, this is where Rian comes in and announces to the public about her boyfriend, which is you, through her choice of social network.” With that, they ended their meeting. “Not to mention, once the public learns of this, you will be attending a lot of her movie premieres and accompanying her to award shows,” the PR informed, staring at Yoo Jin, whose face fell into a frown.

Rian just snickered at him but her manager’s words made her groan, “As for you, no parties without his presence.” But then, she lit a smile on her face when he added, “For the time being, at least.”

It was ironic, really. In order to avoid creating and spreading malicious rumors, she had to craft her own dating rumors. Nonetheless, it was for her own good. And it does make a good story material for … Strong Heart. On the flip side, he proved to be a wonderful official fake boyfriend when the situation calls for it. Still is, only his title changed to wonderful official not-so fake husband.