Trapped Inside

Just My Imagination

 

 

 

 

This is just an idea that popped into my head and I just had to write it down. I can definitely relate it to my life.

 

Anyway, hope you like it.

 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

 

 

 

Yoona’s P.O.V.

I have this friend. His name's Taecyeon, Ok Taecyeon from 2PM. We've been friends for a really long time now. Well, that's what everyone thinks, anyway. Actually, that's a lie, too. We are friends. But if it was up to me, we'd be something more. I'm completely in love with him. And I have been for the past five years. He just doesn't know it.

Taecyeon and I aren't like other friends though. We're the kind of friends who won't talk for months, but when we do talk after that, it's like we never lost any time. And it's not like he's ashamed of me, but there's a lot of times when we're with other people that we just won't be hanging out together. It's more of a one on one thing. But we understand each other and are always there for each other, and those are the most important factors.

Sure, Taecyeon has had girlfriends over the years. They come and go. None were ever serious. Who can blame them, though? He's absolutely gorgeous. And he's got such charm. He really isn't a player either. You'd actually think he'd be the one guy who'd have the same girlfriend all years. But they tend to be short term, and usually it's them who break up with him. But it's only lately that I've started to get ridiculously jealous of them. That they could have him like that but I couldn't. So, without realizing it, I somehow manage to screw things up between him and his girlfriends. Taecyeon doesn't seem to notice so much, but the other girls do. I guess when they find out that he talks to me a lot and that he cares about me, they kind of just leave.

I really haven't had that many boyfriends. And I could probably hand that to Taecyeon, because everytime I go out on a date or something with a guy, I want that guy to be Taecyeon. So it never ends up working out well. He doesn't know that, though. I'll tell him it's because I'm picky with guys. A lot of times my friends will tell me things like ‘you should go after Taecyeon…’ or ‘you and Taecyeon would be so cute together…" but I deny it. I don't know why, but I do.

Last Friday night, I went to a party at one of Music Bank’s PD’s. I knew Taecyeon would be there, since he too, is an idol, and even though I'm not much of a party person, I went for that reason. My unnie and fellow SNSD member Tiffany and I went in together. It was just another typical party. People standing around drinking, the select few people making out against the back wall, loud music.

I immediately did what I always do in a crowd of people, I glanced around the room hoping to see Taecyeon. I spotted him chatting with two girls, that I knew. His back was towards me, but I obviously knew it was him. I instantly felt jealous, but I couldn't say anything, because, like everyone else but me, Tiffany doesn't know about my feelings towards Taecyeon.

"Oh, there's Khun." Tiffany said, waving at her boyfriend, who was across the room.

"Cool. Go over to him, I'm gonna go see who's here." I said. She nodded and walked over to him. Feeling a little bit like a loser because I was standing there by myself, I decided to see what Yenny and Min, two of my friends from JYP, were up to. Luckily, they were standing decently close to where Taecyeon was, so once I was done with them, I could pretend like I just happened to see him and start up a conversation.

"Hey, girls." I said with a smile.

"Hey, Yoona. What's up?" Yenny asked.

"Not much. Just got here. How's this party going, anyway?" I questioned.

"It's okay. There's not many people here. We'll probably bail early." Min told me. Yenny nodded in agreement.

"Yeah." I replied. They got into a conversation that I was half paying attention to, because I was busy stealing glances at Taecyeon over my shoulder. After the third time, our eyes met, and I played it cool and smiled.

"Hey, Taec." I greeted him happily. I already felt butterflies in my stomach.

"What's going on, Yoong?" He asked, giving me a hug.

"Not much, I just got here. Who were you talking to?" I asked.

"Oh, just Hyuna and Yubin." He replied. I nodded. What es.

"Yenny and Min said the party's kinda lame." I said softly. He made a face.

"Yeah. I'm probably gonna leave when Junsu Hyung does. He has to be up early tomorrow so I'm just gonna say that he's my ride and that I have to leave." Taecyeon explained.

"Yeah. Well, if you change your mind, I have my car so I can always drive you." I told him.

"Okay. Thanks. I'm gonna go get something to drink, you want anything?" He asked me.

"No, I'm good for now. But thank you." I said. He nodded and walked away. I returned to Yenny and Min for ten minutes. I hadn't seen Taecyeon come back in my direction, so I turned around. Much to my disliking, he was hooking up with Hyuna, one of the girls he had been talking to earlier. My heart sank. And so did my face. But I quickly changed it so no one would see. It wasn't like I'd never seen him with another girl before, but every time it hurt just a little bit more.

"Yoona? Yoona?" Yenny asked. I guess it was pretty clear that I wasn't focused in on the conversation.

"Oh. Sorry. I was, um, looking for...Fany." I told her.

"She's right over there." Min said, pointing at her.

"Oh. Silly me." I joked. Or at least tried to, anyway. Yenny and Min continued to talk, and I continued to watch Taecyeon and Hyuna. What the hell was he doing with her, anyway? She wasn't pretty. Or smart. Or anything really. It was beginning to make me seriously mad. After giving it all I had to not throw Hyubin on the floor and stomp on her face, I had to stop it, and walked over to them, desperate to get them apart.

"Taecyeon!" I said, as if I was surprised to see him. He pulled away from their kiss.

"Oh, Yoong. What're you up to?" He asked, fixing his white Abercrombie and Fitch shirt. Hyuna gave me a dirty look and walked away.

"Not much. What was that all about?" I questioned.

"Hyuna?" He asked. I nodded. "Apparently someone dared her to hook up with the next guy that passed her by. I guess I was that guy. I don't know if I believe her though. She probably just wanted me. I don't blame her though. I mean, I do have stunning looks." He joked and laughed. I rolled my eyes and laughed back, silently wanting to say ‘you're damn right…’ push him back against the wall and kiss him. But I clearly wasn't about to do that.

"Sorry I interrupted." I said without an ounce of sincerity.

"Not a big deal. Oh, Junsu Hyung actually left a little while ago without telling me, so is it okay if I grab a ride with you?" He asked

"Of course." I replied. I looked into his piercing blue eyes as looked back into my brown ones and smiled. , maybe? Kinda? Okay. Maybe not. Then I saw him do a double take towards the door and I raised an eyebrow at him when he looked back at me.

"Eunjung is here. You know, the girl I’ve work with. He’s hot today." Taecyeon told me, with a smirk. I nodded. Of course I knew. All the guys almost dropped to their knees in front of her the second she walked through the front doors. Just because she had sparkling eyes and huge s, they thought she was some sort of goddess. Suddenly I realized what he might have in mind.

"I'm so hooking up with her tonight." Taecyeon said. Yeah, I was right. Thankfully, he was too busy staring at her to notice the look of frustration and jealousy on my face.

"That's, just great." I told him while I swished around the drink I had recently poured for myself. I really just wanted to smack him.

"Yeah. Okay. I'll talk to you later." He said as he whisked right past me to try and be the first guy over to Eunjung. Jackass. Such a typical guy. I sighed and gritted my teeth and put some more ice in my drink to try and get my mind off of him for at least two seconds.

"Yoona?" A guy said from behind me. I turned around.

"Oh, hey, Siwon Oppa." I said to one of my good friends.

"How's it going?" He asked.

"Just fabulous." I answered. He nodded.

"You looked a little mad at Taecyeon just now. What was that over?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing. It wasn't a big deal." I told him, trying to change the subject.

"It was over Eunjung, wasn't it?" He questioned. I looked at him.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"I kind of overheard your conversation. And I saw him looking at her." He said. I nodded and glanced across the room to watch what Taecyeon was doing.

"I think someone's jealous." Siwon put out there. I opened my mouth in shock.

"I am not!" I lied. I don't think I could have stopped myself from blushing just a little bit. He laughed.

"Fine. Whatever you say. I gotta go find Soo." Siwon said, leaving me to go find his girlfriend. "Have fun."

"I'll try." I said. And he left. I continued to lean against the drink table and scanned the room. Taecyeon and Eunjung were talking, unfortunately, Tiffany was on the couch with Nickhun, that wasn't anything out of the ordinary, and Yenny and Min were still gossiping away. Yeah, this party was getting old fast.

A few minutes later, I joined Tiffany and we chatted a little on the couch while I discreetly watched Taecyeon in anger as he practically drooled while talking to Eunjung. They were about two seconds away from playing a serious game of tonsil hockey. And, not to my surprise, that's exactly what happened.

"Wow, Yoong you look a little lost and angry." Tiffany said.

"Do I?" I asked, fury in my voice. She pulled back in surprise. By this time, I couldn't take it anymore. I had watched him do this so many times, but this was gonna be the last. For tonight, anyway. I got up quickly and walked over to them, pretended to trip, and spilled my drink on Eunjung. She practically screamed and looked at me in disgust.

"Oh, gosh. I'm, uh, terribly sorry." I apologized completely sarcastically.

"What the hell, Yoona?" Taecyeon asked. His tone signaled that he obviously wasn't thrilled with what I had just done, but, hey, what did I care? I wasn't too thrilled with him tonight either.

"I'm leaving. Find your own ride home." I snapped. I stomped out of the house, tears threatening to spill from my eyes at any second. I had just run down the front steps when I heard him behind me. Damnit, why didn't I assume that he'd follow me?

"Yoona!" He yelled. I kept running towards the street. He yelled a second time. I stopped and turned around.

"What the hell was that all about?" He demanded, two feet in front of me.

"I don't know." I said softly. I wasn't sure if he heard me, but it was so quiet outside that he must have. A tear ran down my cheek, but he couldn't see it because it was completely dark out. He breathed out heavily.

"Fine. Goodnight." He said coldly. He walked back towards the house. I knew it right then that if I didn't say anything in those next few seconds, I was gonna lose him for good. Either that or I'd lose him for saying something anyway, so I figured I might as well say it. Everything that was trapped inside of me finally came out.

"I love you." I choked. He halted, his back still to me. I didn't know what was going to happen next, so I just let all of my feelings and hesitations out.

"You know, you're such an easy person to have a conversation with, yet I still can't find a way to talk to you online without sounding like a complete idiot." I began, thinking about all the times that I'd try and say something sarcastically or jokingly while talking through texts and he wouldn't get it, leaving me feeling really stupid. He turned around. More tears fell down my cheeks.

"And one day, you'll act like we're best friends and the next you'll practically ignore me and pretend like we don't even know each other." I continued. God, I hated when he did that. And unfortunately it was something that was happening all too often. He ran his fingers through his hair.

"And you're such a freakin' tease. There's times when I think to myself ‘God, you know, maybe he likes me, too.’ But then I realize that maybe you're just being the sweet guy that you are." I told him. He looked to the side, not quite sure of what to do.

"It killed me, you know, to see you in there, not only once, but twice, with another girl. It absolutely shattered my heart." I said. He was still standing in the same spot as he was before. About twenty feet away from me, and I couldn't even see his facial expression, only the shadow of his figure.

"And even though you drive me absolutely insane, I love you. And it hurts. But I finally said it." I finished. It was silent for a second. Upon not getting a response immediately, I wanted to shoot myself because I thought I had just made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. He started walking towards me when he finally spoke.

"How come you never told me any of this before?" He asked, holding his arms out in emphasis.

"I, I guess I was afraid." I admitted.

"Afraid of what?" He asked. At this point he was right in front of me.

"Being rejected. Or losing what little we have left of this friendship." I paused before speaking again. "I'm sorry. I made a mistake. I'm just gonna go." I said quickly, turning around. Before I could take a step, he grabbed my shoulder and spun me back around so I was once again facing me. This time, however, I was so close to him that I could feel his hot breath on my face.

"You'll never lose me." He whispered, pushing a lock of hair behind my ear. I sighed.

"How can you possibly guarantee me that?" I pleaded.

"Because I love you, too Yoong." He said. I could have fainted. He actually loved me back. What I had been waiting for, for five years had finally come. At the same time, I could have hit myself for not saying anything earlier. He pulled my face into his and kissed me with all that he had. I obviously returned the kiss. I couldn't think of anything I could have wanted more at that moment. Taecyeon was mine. And I was his. And for the first time in my life, my heart felt complete. What I thought was going to be the worst night of my life turned out to be the best.