In Your Arms

Just My Imagination

 

 

 

 

Inspired by the song Here In Your Arms by HelloGoodBye. You should listen to it while reading this. Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Exhausted, Taecyeon took his jacket, hanging up on the hook just as he left the JYP Building. He waved goodbye to his fellow company mates, rushing out the door only to find that he was already being picked up. He couldn't help but smile at the sight of her.

Im Yoona sat at the corner of a café near where his company located. She seemed to be twiddling her thumbs, waiting patiently for her boyfriend to get off from a dance rehearsal. He found her there almost every night now. She'd come by, wait for him and together they drove home. Most nights he didn't even want to drop her off at the Im house, but it wasn't like he could keep her from going home either.

I like when we drive
In your car
I like where we are
Here.

"Oppa!" she grinned as soon as he came into sight. She stood, running to him, wrapping her arms around him. He closed his eyes as he planted a gentle kiss on her cheek.

"You been waiting long?" he asked.

"Not really. Shall we go?"

He didn't have to reply. He took her hand, gently squeezing it and they headed for her car.

'Cause our lips,
Can touch
And our cheeks
Can brush
Our lips can touch…
Here.

"Mmmmm." Taecyeon moaned into the kiss, pinning Yoona against the car door. He couldn't help it. There was something about Yoona that made him giddy, which was not normal since he was after all, Ok Taecyeon. He was never giddy and unable to stay away from her. He loved being near her, with her, kissing her.

Yoona pulled him closer, sighing with content as she continued to kiss Taecyeon in the most passionate way she could. Her heart just screamed out the words, "Saranghae" with every beat.

'Cause you are the one
The one that lies close to me
Whispers hello, I missed you quite terribly

"Opp, Oppa." Yoona pulled back, gasping for air. She felt completely flushed. "As much as I love playing tongue wars with you I think we should get going because people might see and you know how some people are, they get offended by public displays of affection and it's late and Omuni and Abuji are probably wondering where you are…"

He kissed her again, a grin on his face. She succumbed, shrugging. Who cared about everyone else?

I fell in love
In love with you suddenly
Now there's no place else
I could be
But here in your arms.

They ended up going to Han River Park. Taecyeon was surprised that Yoona had packed a blanket and a small picnic basket. Had she been planning such a night all along? He'd never seen such a romantic side to her before and sure it felt strange coming from Yoona but was he going to complain? No way!

"I just managed to make a few kimbap and a sandwich. I put them in a cooler so they're still good." Yoona said as she handed her a ham and cheese sandwich. "I know, I know it's not much but…"

Now it was Taecyeon's turn to kiss him to shut him up. "This is perfect. Thank you. The river looks so pretty tonight…"

I like where you sleep
When you sleep
Next to me
I like where you sleep…
Here.

After finishing the food, they sat side by side, staring at the moon's reflection in the water. The pale moonlight seemed to add more to the romantic atmosphere. Yoona laid her head to rest on Taecyeon's shoulder. Without having to think about, Taecyeon slid an arm around her shoulders, like it was the most natural thing to do. It seemed with every move she made, he made another to compliment hers. He loved these simple moments just sitting together on the river park. He wished they'd last forever.

'Cause our lips
Can touch
And our cheeks
Can brush
Our lips can touch…
Here.

"You look so handsome…" Yoona said sheepishly as she stared at Taecyeon's moonlight illuminated face. She inched her face closer, capturing his soft, warm lips. Oh how she loved him.

He didn't respond, simply placing both hands upon her cheeks and returning her kiss just as passionately. He was about to lean her down on the blanket when she pulled away. He stared at her in confusion, watching as she stood up.

"Tag!" she said tapping him on the nose. "You're it!" and off she ran as fast as she could on the grass park. Laughing, a somewhat often occurrence now for Taecyeon, he stood and chased after her. The waves crashed upon the riverbanks, his heart and feet falling along to the rhythm.

Well you are the one
The one that lies close to me
Whispers Hello I missed you quite terribly
I fell in love, in love with you suddenly
Now there's no place else I could be
But here in your arms.

"Come on Oppa! I know you can run, oh my gosh!" Yoona squealed looking behind to see that Taecyeon was quite close behind. She knew he was a fast runner but she never anticipated he'd be that fast. He was mere seconds away. Laughing even harder, Yoona picked up her speed.

He didn't feel foolish. He didn't feel stupid nor childish chasing after his girlfriend on the park. He didn't find it cheesy. Hell, he didn't care at all. He was having fun, which he hadn't had in a while. And it was only proper that Yoona was the one to bring out this playful side to him even he'd never known existed within him. He caught up to her, ending up tackling her but in a gentle manner. They both laughed.

Our lips can touch…
Our lips can touch…
Here.

Yoona wished this night would never end as she looked into Taecyeon's deep dark eyes. The sadness that she'd seen their mere months before were now gone and were now replaced with desire, yearning and love. All for her. How had she ever gotten so lucky? She gently his cheek with her thumb. He gently placed a kiss on her forehead before laying his forehead to rest against hers.

You are the one
The one that lies close to me
Whispers hello, I missed you quite terribly
I fell in love, in love with you suddenly
Now there's no place else I could be
But here in your…

After a night of frolicking at the river park, the young couple decided it was time to head home, but once again, both didn't want to part. Taecyeon couldn't seem to handle going to sleep in the pool house without her by his side. Lately he'd felt that way a lot. He never, ever wanted to be away from her for long. What did it mean?

"Can, I mean I know I'm going to sound like a total but I really don't feel like going home cause Appa and Unnie aren't there but I don't want to be a disturbance to you either. I mean I know you're tired from work and…"

"Yoong." Taecyeon cut in calmly.

"Oh…" she turned to him, smiling. "Can I spend the night at your place?"

Taecyeon smiled. "Absolutely."

You are the one
The one that lies close to me
Whispers hello, I missed you, I missed you

Dressed in a pair of sweats and a plain black shirt, Taecyeon lay in bed, awaiting the return of his girlfriend who seemed to be taking forever in the bathroom. He didn't expect anything less. She always seemed to spend a lot of time in the bathroom, getting ready. Even though it was for bed. He picked up a book to pass the time. Unfortunately, having a hard day at work made it hard to stay awake. Intending to only close his eyes for a moment, he lay the book upon his chest and closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep.

Yoona emerged from the bathroom. A wide smile formed on her face as soon as she saw the sight of Taecyeon asleep with the book on his chest. Aw, she put a hand to her chest. He looks so adorable! She rushed over. She gently got into bed, making sure not to wake her sleeping prince charming. As she leaned over him, turning out the light from the lamp. As soon as it was dark, she felt him move.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Yoona apologized.

"You didn't. I wasn't sleeping." Taecyeon replied softly. She felt him close his book and set it aside. "I'm beat though."

"Mmm, me too." She snuggled close to him, resting her head to lay upon his chest.

I fell in love
In love with you suddenly
Now there's no place else
I could be
But here in your arms.

Taecyeon held her close to him, now laying down next to her. Everything seemed right in the world, as if nothing could go wrong. He loved to hold her for she fit so perfectly in his arms. Everything seemed to fit with them. The way she just fell into his arms, the way he knew just what to do with her around. He felt so, at peace.

You are the one
The one that lies close to me…

"Yoong?" Taecyeon asked.

"Hmm?" Yoona replied sleepily. She turned to face him, the light from outside the window falling upon her face. Taecyeon couldn't breathe.

He tucked strands of her hair behind her ear slowly, gently, his eyes gazing into hers. He felt so many things that he couldn't quite explain.

Whispers hello
I missed you quite terribly…

Yoona looked back into his eyes. She began to feel that strong warm fuzzy feeling again, making her giggle. Taecyeon smiled, running his fingers through her hair.

I fell in love
In love with you suddenly…

It dawned on him, right there in that moment while he stared into her eyes, seeing all the things she wanted to say but couldn't really. He saw how much she missed him whenever he wasn't around, how she worried every minute of every day about his well being. How much she truly, truly loved him with all of her heart…

Yoona too was seeing things she knew Taecyeon could never put into words. His desire for her burned in his eyes, how they seemed to scream out three words she'd been dying to hear and knew he'd been dying to say.

Now there's no place else I could be but here in your arms…

"We should, probably sleep…" her voice was a mere whisper and she turned around again. He pulled her closer. She could feel his breath near her ear. She shivered with delight. She smiled. "Goodnight Oppa."

Here in your arms…

"Goodnight Yoong. I, I love you."

Yoona turned to him, surprised. She didn't have to ask if he meant it for she could clearly see it in his eyes. "I love you too Oppa. So much." She snuggled closer to him, if that was even possible and he held her close. She could hear the steady beating of his heart matching that of her own. They belonged together and she knew they'd always belong together.

Here in your arms.