Letter

Just My Imagination

 

 

 

 

 

 

Long time no post eh... Still I'm writing this through my smartphone. So sorry for the format... But here, a short one shot... Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taecyeon flinched as the door slammed. He really ed up this time. Sitting down on the empty stool, he rested his head in his hands. His mind kept replaying the words she spoke, as if it were on repeat. 

"I can't do this anymore. We're done." She had said, before walking out the door and out of his life.After what felt like hours, Taec seemed to snap out of his daze. Not wanting to upset his girlfriend further, Taecyeon called a good friend. Hwang Mi Young aka Tiffany Hwang.

"Yeoboseyo?" Asked a slightly annoyed voice.

One thing was for sure. It wasn't Tiffany. Taecyeon cringed lightly. It was official. God hated him. 

"Khun, hey. Is Tiffany there?" He asked, trying not to annoy Tiffany's boyfriend.

Taecyeon heard Khun sigh before handing his girlfriend the phone.

"What?" Asked Tiffany, possibly even ruder than her boyfriend. Taecyeon laughed despite himself. 

"Did I uhh..Interrupt something?" He asked smoothly, making fun of his best friend. Tiffany let out a heavy sigh.

"Yoona already called. She told me what happened." Tiffany said, getting straight to the point. Taecyeon rolled his eyes. 

"Yeah, so what do I do?" He asked pouting.

"Buy her flowers. Write her a song. Serenade her at your next concert. Buy her a house. I don't know. I mean, Taec, you're a singer an artist. I think you can think of something romantic." Tiffany said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Taecyeon nodded his head, though Tiffany couldn't see him. 

"Yeah, thanks." Was all he said before hastily hanging up the phone.

"Lot's of help you were." He said to Tiffany, though she could neither see or hear him. Taecyeon went over the things that Tiffany said in his head. 

"Buy her flowers." He whispered to himself. 

After pondering the thought for a good thirty seconds, he shook his head 'no'.

"She hates flowers." 

Grabbing a pen and a piece of paper, Taecyeon tried to put his thoughts down.

 

Dear Goddess,

I understand why you're angry, and I don't blame you. I'm a y boyfriend. I'm away all the time, and when I'm here, I always have to work. If I were you, I would probably dump me too. This letter is never going to be mailed to you, so I think I can tell you how I feel. I'm in love with you. That has never been a question in my mind. I can't just say it, though. When I tell you for the first time, I want it to be perfect. I want it to be something you remember for the rest of your life, even if we do break up...again. I called Fany, but she didn't help. She was telling me to give you things. I know you better than that. Superficial things don't make it better in your book. Flowers, or a puppy won't change the fact that I'm a ... and we both know that. I'm sorry I hurt you, and I wish that I could think of a romantic way to sweep you off your feet, but I can't. I think I was born without that part of the brain. I don't know how to be romantic. I'm sorry that you had to fall for me... because you deserve someone so much better. I love you, though. And as selfish as it may seem, I don't want to give that up. Writing this is making me feel better, so maybe I'll be able to come up with a big romantic plan to get you back.

Love Always,

Taec...

 

Setting the pen and paper down, Taecyeon stared at his chicken scratch handwriting. Rolling his eyes, he spoke to himself. 

"I'm soo whipped." He said.

He was knocked out of his thoughts by a knock at the door. Figuring it was Tiffany, Taecyeon stood up and walked towards it. Opening the door, he was shocked to see her. Yoona. She had red rimmed eyes. 

"Hi." Was all she said. Taecyeon stood there, shocked.

"Can I come in? I left my jacket." She said, pointing to the jacket that was laying on the couch in the living room. Taecyeon seemed to wake from his thoughts. 

"Oh, yeah. Sure." He said, stepping out of the way. Taecyeon quickly walked inside, grabbing the jacket. 

"Thanks." She said, trying to make her way out the door. Taecyeon closed his eyes before swiftly grabbing her arm.

"Yoong..." He trailed off, not really knowing what to say. Yoona turned around to face him. 

"Yeah?" She asked hopefully.

"I lo..." He began, but was cut off by a shrill ringing. It was his cell phone, which was in its charger in the kitchen.

"I better..." He trailed off, pointing in back of him towards the kitchen. Yoona nodded her head, watching him dissapear. 

Snooping around, it wasn't difficult to find a folded piece of paper with her name on it. Carefully opening it, she read the letter. Her heart seemed to melt. These were his true feelings? Why the hell couldn't he just say them? Hearing footsteps, Yoona quickly shoved the letter into her purse. 

"Sorry, that was the uhh... Jin Young hyung." He said, attempting to lie, but failing miserably. Yoona nodded her head, knowing he was lying. Taecyeon quickly began to talk. 

"Look, why don't you come down to the studio tonight? We can finish this conversation?" He asked her, almost desperately. Yoona pretended to think about it, actually scaring Taecyeon.

"Yeah, I guess." She said before walking out of the Taec's house. 

 

It was eight o'clock in the evening when Yoona arrived at the studio. Knowing that Taecyeon had some big, elaborate plan, she dressed accordingly. She was in a black off the shoulder dress, which fit her perfectly.

Opening the door, she saw millions of candals. In the center was 'I'm sorry' Spelled in red roses. 

Despite her attempts, Yoona still felt tears sting her eyes. Taecyeon appeared from the back of the room with what looked like two dozen roses. 

"How's it look?" He asked, a small smile on his face. Yoona took the flowers from his hand, throwing them on a chair.

"Not necessary." She said, shrugging her shoulders. Taecyeon narrowed his eyes at her. 

"What do you mean? This is my apology." He said, trying to understand what she had meant. Yoona shrugged her shoulders before whipping out the letter she had stolen. 

"I don't need two dozen roses, or a million candles,or a ing message in roses. It's all great, but it doesn't mean if it's not coming from your heart." Yoona pointed to the letter. 

"That came from the heart, Oppa. I forgave you the second I read that." Taecyeon took the letter from her hands, not believing that she had read it. 

"You took this?" He asked, slightly embarrassed. Yoona raised her eyebrows at him, her hands firmly planted on her waist. 

"I borrowed it. Plus, it had my name on it. Is what you wrote in this letter the truth?" She asked him, seriously. Taecyeon swallowed before nodding his head. 

"Yeah." He said quietly.

Yoona smiled a wide smile before jumping into his arms. She kissed him with all of the passion she could muster. Taecyeon eagerly returned the kiss, even slipping in his tongue.

Once it broke, Yoona rested her forehead against his. 

"Flowers are great, but I don't need them. I need this." She said, pointing to the paper. 

"I need your heart." 

Taecyeon kissed her one last time before replying. 

"Trust me, you have it."

Yoona's eyes lit up as she jumped into his arms again.

 

The next day, Taecyeon walked into the cafe with a content smile on his face.

"Wow, who are you, and what have you done with Ok Taecyeon?" Tiffany asked, sipping her coffee.

Taecyeon simply smiled. 

"You're not ruining my mood today, Fany. Me and Yoona are back together."

Tiffany let out a tiny cough, as if clearing . 

"Yoona and I." She said, trying to say it so he wouldn't notice. Taecyeon looked at her questioningly before rolling his eyes.

"Whatever." He said, slipping ear phones on his ears. Tiffany stand over to him, yanking the ear phones away from him.

"You can not come in here, say something like that, and then put your headphones on. I want details. What did you do? How did you get her back?" Tiffany asked, clearly interested in a piece of gossip.

Taecyeon shook his head 'no'. 

 

"I wrote her a letter."