09: The Adjustment

The Rose among the Thorns

09 | The Adjustment
making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances..


 

“Sooyoung-ah, come with me to San Francisco” Siwon had said determination on his eyes.

“W-what?” Sooyoung had gulped at the sudden invitation.

“You heard me, come with me to San Francisco”

“Why oppa? Why so sudden?”

Siwon breathed as he took long strides towards the sofa and sat on it leaving space for Sooyoung to follow and sit beside him.

“I don’t like what grandfather had forced you to do.  This punishment is beyond ridiculous.”

Sooyoung shocked Siwon and herself when she had laughed heartily on her cousin’s worried statement.

“I-I’m sorry o-oppa…it’s just that, I ‘m fine really…I thought it really was unbelievable and a torture but I guess its fine…I guess I’m learning to…accept the fact that not all men in general are…bad”

Siwon widened his eyes in disbelief.  If had he talking to the old Choi Sooyoung he knew way back, she will shudder at the mention of the opposite .  But now, she had softened.  He could feel that she was changing, and he knew he should be happy but in fact it made him anxious. 

This is too early.  Way too early for her baby sister to see things on different light.

And it scared him.

“You okay oppa?” Sooyoung asked, concerned upon seeing Siwon’s perplexed face.

“So are you no longer a man-hater? Why the sudden change?”

“I think I was being unfair.  I think I should not hate men in general just because of what my father has done before…” she smiled bitterly at the mention of his father.

Truth be told, his father did not just leave the world by dying in a car accident – peacefully.

As if learning your father died was hurtful enough, but what hurt and scarred the little Choi Sooyoung the most was the knowledge that her father died with her mistress the night her father decided to eloped with that wretched woman.

Poor guy, luck was not on their side, because only an hour after he had painfully scarred her mother’s heart and went with his woman, they had met an accident, thus ending their life.

The little girl just stood there overlooking the grave that had her father’s name etched in marble, crying silently as she swore off men till eternity.

It’s not that she hated men really.  She was just afraid that all men might do the same as her father, she was afraid that she’ll end up like her mom that night.

How her mother had begged for her father to stay, how he rejected her harshly as he dashed out of their house into the car where his woman was waiting for him.

So Choi Sooyoung, had swore it all off to protect herself…to protect her heart.

“After all these years? What changed?” He had asked persisting on the same sub-question.

“Nothing really changed oppa.  I just felt that I was being unfair.  And plus I have met good friends who are a boy… and I’ve learned that not all men are bad” she smiled.

She was sincere about saying that she met new friends.  In actuality at first she denied herself of their friendship and treated them specially Xiumin as her companion only.  But after all things and the tradition last night, she had finally accepted the friendship she had kept at bay before.

It was funny really, knowing not all of them were in good terms with her, but when her life was at risk, she could see how Tao risked his own just to save her and how Xiumin rushed towards her and how Kris looked awfully sorry for what he had done.  Not only that, the concern that was seen on each of the boys faces kind of touched her heart.

And she saw that boys too – no, men too has feelings.

“You’re not in love are you?” Siwon broke her reverie making the girl of the two widened her eyes and laughed in amusement.

“What? Oppa? Never! I just accepted the fact that not all of them are bad, but I never said that I’ll involve myself with one of them romantically” she snickered earning the latter a smile to himself as well.

“I’ll trust you on that Sooyoungie…just don’t give your oppa a heartache okay?” Siwon smiled as he patted Sooyoung’s hair.

 

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

 

“Is he okay?” Kris asked.

“Of course he’s okay…I just talked to him a moment ago and she’s fine” Tao smiled at his gege before he widened his eyes as he realized how he had slipped.

“She? Tao I thought you’ve been adjusting well here in Korea? How come you’re still mixing your words? He’s a he okay not a she? He, arraso?” Kris lectured.

Oh how oblivious his gege is.  Can’t blame him though since all he thinks is about himself.

Thank goodness.  Good thing Kris had taken his slipped up as just some language mistake on his part.

“Ahh.. Ne, I understand” Tao smiled awkwardly as he scratch the back of his neck.

“You talked to him? What were you two talking about?” To this Kris seemed to be a little bit busybodies.

“Nothing. I just asked how he was doing…after all you pushed him towards the cold lake yesterday night, so it was my responsibility to checked on him when you couldn’t” Tao huffed in irritation. 

He really hates being questioned plus the fact that Kris doesn’t have the right to interrogate his personal talks with other people specially his talks with her.

“Cool down will you, geez.  I know that was my fault…that’s why I’m asking how he was doing to you” Kris frowned at the attitude displayed by his friend.

“If you’re that concern and regretful, you should ask him yourself gege, and add an apology to it too” Tao gave his gege a small smile before leaving the older man to his thoughts.

 

 

“You need to wake up soon, gege.  If only that person hadn’t hurt you, you wouldn’t be this self centered really” Tao sighed.

 

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

 

Sooyoung sighed to herself in satisfaction when she had cleared things up with her favorite oppa.

But that smile suddenly turned into a frown when she had bumped into Kris in an empty hallway.

“Watch where you’re going” Kris had snapped not realizing who he had bumped into.

“Excuse me, you were the one who was walking aimlessly jerk” at this Kris looked down to see the owner of that familiar irritating voice – Kang Youngsoh.

The same guy that had preoccupied his thoughts – not that he was turning gay for this dude it’s just that he was so guilty and Tao’s words were not helping.

Sooyoung waved her had in front of the dazed Kris and chuckled upon seeing the former lost in his thought.

“Earth to jerk! Man, you’re weird.  Oh well then, I will go on my way, See yah later” she smiled before side stepping Kris and was about to walk to her original destination if not for Kris’s sudden hand on her wrist.

This guy’s wrist is…thin.

Kris had thought before he remembered why the hell the awesome Kris holding other dudes wrist, so he quickly let go of Youngsoh’s wrist and opt for a talk instead.

“Wait” Kris started, earning the guy’s full attention and mild confusion was seen on his face.

“What now?” Sooyoung asked, she was stunned with Kris’s sudden action, that it made her rooted to her spot.

“About yesterday…no, about how I treat you since the very beginning…” Kris halted still contemplating his words.

“What about?” Sooyoung spun herself to see Kris directly, having her eyebrow arched in anticipation of Kris’s next words.

“About that…I’m…actually I’m…geez this is painstakingly hard” Kris palmed face to which the boy in front giggled.

Yes.  The boy who was definitely feminine just giggled.  Making Kris arched his eyebrow in response.

“Woah I never knew you have a very limited vocabulary there, jerk.  Come on now, find the right word and just tell me”

Kris was irritated yet again as he rolled his eyes, how could this twerp keep on getting on his nerves, he didn’t know.  All he knows was that, he needed to apologize since he was no need denying it – at fault.

“I’m…sorry” he said barely a whisper.

Actually Sooyoung had heard him loud and clear but just to be fun she had .

“Excuse me, what did you say? Can you say it a bit louder?”

Kris huffed.  Geez he really hated this guy’s guts.

“I said. I’M FREAKING SORRY FOR EVERYTHING. ESPECIALLY WHEN I PUSHED YOU OFF YESTERDAY! There you happy?” Kris’s huffed as he folded his arms across his chest as he tried to hide his embarrassment and looked away from the prying eyes of Youngsoh.

“Gladly.  And sure I forgive you now.  Life’s too short, better not hold grudges especially if it’s this childish.”

Sooyoung smiled, to which Kris smiled as well, though Sooyoung couldn’t have seen that rare smile of his since he still was looking away.

Though another sound was heard.

 

 

 

THUD.

And this time it made Kris looked towards Youngsoh and lose his smile.

 

“Youngsoh!” he had shouted as he looked at Youngsoh who was now lying unconscious on the floor opposite to the teasing Youngsoh he was just speaking with seconds ago.

He gently held Youngsoh and gasped in surprise as he placed the palm of his hand to Youngsoh’s now burning forehead.

“.  He’s burning up”

Kris was so startled that it took him some time before carrying Youngsoh on his back as he marched his way towards the school’s infirmary.

The nurse had greeted the frantic Kris with an unconscious Youngsoh on his back as she gave way for the two boys to enter and let Kris slid Youngsoh gently to the vacant bed.

“What happened?” The nurse asked as she called for the school doctor to see the unconscious student.

“I think he is having a fever…I think it was because of yesterday where he was submerged on the cold lake...” Kris explained shakily to the nurse what had happened prior. 

“What did you do?” A stranger entered the vicinity, hot eyes directed towards the worried Kris.

“I-It was … I’m sorry”

“Get out of here this instant! Victoria-ssi please this bastard out of here please” the stranger ordered the nurse and the nurse did what was told of her as she ushered the confused Kris out of the clinic.

Kris was blanked.  Who was her? Why was he so angry? I mean yeah what happened yesterday was really awful but being that angry at him when he was just a stranger really puzzled him.

Victoria the nurse bowed in sympathy before closing the door on his face.  Kris just stood there motionless as he too was severely worried.  So instead of returning back or banged the door, he opts to just sit down on the floor in front of the clinic beside the entrance and wait.

The nurse just stayed at the desk, as the doctor was still with the unconscious patient inside the ward.

“Geez.  Is this what you call being fine Sooyoungie? I know, I should have not leave you alone here.  What I did was really the right thing to do.  If you don’t want to come with me to San Francisco…then I’ll stay here as the school’s doctor.”

 

 

 


Author's Notes: What's up everybody?! I'm deeply sorry for I have not been updating recently T^T School really is preventing me to write.  And anyway I decided to update since Yesterday...yep August 11 was my birthday! Yey for me /gets bricked/ LOL.

Anyway thank you for participating and for the first MOMENT is SOOKRIS /claps for all the SooKris shipper out there/ this is for johanboi ! :)

And since the first poll was a definite success i'm holding another one. LOL :)

so here it is...

 

Comment Below that EXO Member You want our lovely Sooyoung to have a moment with.  But this time tell me your reason (make it as chessy as possible) why this member should be paired up together with Sooyoungie.

i will chose the best 3 cheesiest explaination and their chosen exo member to be featured on the next chapter! :D

so do fire away! :D

Please do COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE. UPVOTE. AND READ :)

Hands up to our new subscribers! LOVE YOU GUYS :D

  • yulhyuklover
  • kpop143
  • chiinie23
  • MsLouiseWang
  • hae4eva
  • gmutiaradewi
  • Danzz12
  • Bellacakes
  • kpopfreak2010

And a love and hugs and kisses to our Upvoters! XOXO :3

  • KamiliaBBC*
  • Danzz12
  • Thatxx
  • LoveCorea

 

TILL NEXT UPDATE!
LET'S HEAR YOU GROWL :3

XOXO.