07: The Game pt. 2

The Rose among the Thorns

07 | The Game pt. 2
an activity where there would always be a winner, a loser or a draw.


The waters were not welcoming Sooyoung thought once she came in contact with the biting coldness of the dark lake.  She didn’t knew what exactly had happened to her; moments ago she was trying her best to reach the last set of badges to complete her ridiculous mission, then in a blink of an eye here she was being pushed, losing her balance and finally falling directly in the lake.  She didn’t even have enough time to react like the usual yell or scream, nor did she have time to look at the perpetrator who had pushed her.

Everything went so fast and her mind blanked for a moment, until her eyes shot wide open to see nothing but darkness as she felt getting numbed and breathless by the second.

 

 

Kris had a smirk on his face when he had pushed Youngsoh into the lake; he thought he had finally scared the boy off and made him the victor of tonight’s silly game.  But when seconds has passed and Youngsoh has yet to appear from the waters, Kris’s smirk turned into that of fret.

“What happened?” Suho who just arrived at the scene asked the worrying Kris.

“I…I think I…might have overdone it this time…Youngsoh…I…” Kris was stuttering as he was numbly trudging towards the lake to which Suho understood the urgency of the situation as he send a group message to the other boys for back up.

Suho knew that between him and Kris he was more of a good swimmer, since Kris knew only to swim in shallow waters not in this kind where the lake was deep, dark and most of all cold.  So Suho quickly took off his robe and other garments that will hinder him to swim deeper and rescue Youngsoh.

But on the middle of taking his heavy clothes off, a sound was heard that made him immobile on his spot.

It was the sound of someone diving into the waters.

 

 

Sooyoung had tried with her numbed limbs to swim upward, only to be continually sinking below as she really did not know how to swim. 

Thoughts of her family first made into her mind when she knew she just can’t save herself from the danger she’s in, followed by the thoughts of her girl friends and the faces of the guys who were friends, enemies or acquaintances to her bombarded her mind.

“This is stupid, this is all just a stupid game and I lost…How unlucky you are Choi Sooyoung” She had last thought before succumbing to the inviting coldness.

 

 

“Crap! Kris!” Suho ran towards the edge of the lake when he thought Kris had crazily jumped in and tried to save Youngsoh himself.  But he had found the said man on his knees at the edge of the lake, doubling the intensity of fret seen on his face.

“Tao…he just jumped out of nowhere into the lake!” Kris half whispered half shriek in disbelief as he answered Suho’s unspoken question.

Set of footsteps were heard marching their way, all the other boys sharing the same worried expression.

“What happened?” Luhan was the first to speak after huffing from the jog.  By then Kyungsoo had taken the discarded shirt and robe lying at the floor and handed it to Suho before Suho himself answered Luhan’s inquiry.

“Kris…he had pushed Youngsoh-ssi…it was supposed to be a joke–” Suho had sighed “–and now Tao had dashed forward to rescue him”

Luhan quickly walked towards the kneeling Kris and gave him a hard punch on his face “You’ve overdone it Kris!  If something bad happens to them…this is all on you!” Luhan had bellowed as Sehun and Chanyeol held him by the arms – to the shocked blond on the ground who Baekhyun and Kai were now attending.

Kris could only lay his worry filled gaze onto the lake as he knew that Luhan’s words were true and that he was to blame.

 

 

Xiumin had ran fast towards where the others were located, he had just received the frantic text from Lay just moments ago and now he’s up on his feet as he scurry through the forest.  He had not dared to inhale even a little of oxygen as he found his way near the lake.  Heart’s beating fast as anxiety hit him where it truly hurts.

He should have come he thought as images of Youngsoh floated through his mind.

He just hope and pray that Youngsoh will be fine in the end.

 

 

Tao was secretly observing the new student after leaving his hyungs.  Everything about the new student was weird for him.  And by observing him more was making him to firmly believe that this boy was not normal.  He knew for a fact that the new student’s weight and bone structure was not of a boy or even a feminine type of boy.

But he would not just go out and tell the others of his suspicions not until he could confirm it and confront the said person to learn of his motives and intentions.  

Seeing how his gege had pushed the new boy in and not appearing back made him dashed towards the lake without a second thought.

He wanted to face palm himself as he had jumped recklessly forgetting that it was as cold as ice and that it was dark as the color black in there.  But knowing that if his presumptions were correct then it must be harder for the new student who in same place as he was now. 

Good thing he had remembered the emergency flashlight he had safely kept an hour ago in his pockets.  He had searched for the thing on his pockets and fumbled for the object’s switch.

A sense of relief overcame him when he found out that the flashlight was still working even being submerged underwater.  The relief was fleeting as urgency replaced it again as he swung the flashlight in different directions in search of the new student.

Tao was starting to get frantic as he felt that his airflow was now getting restricted, after several seconds of searching, he had seen the crown of the new student’s head floating just below him.

He didn’t waste any time and dive much deeper towards the unconscious floating boy.  He hastily placed his hand upon the boy’s slim waist and swam upwards.

The moment Tao broke through the water’s surface he had greedily inhaled a lot of air to his aching lungs at the same time swimming towards the lake’s edge.

Tao had swam faster deaf to the other boys yell, upon reaching the edge he had gently drag the unconscious boy to the ground and frantically pumping the latter’s chest in attempt to take the water out of his airways. 

But upon doing so made him realize all his suspicions towards the new student was right.

Luhan and the others had rushed towards the duo at the other side of the lake to help but Tao had let out a “Don’t come near” growl which causes them to stay rooted – confusion on their faces.

“T-Tao, is he okay?” Xiumin had asked barely a whisper as he made a beeline through the confused boys as he reached them.

“Hyung…please stay from where you are” Tao hadn’t even look at the new comer as he kept all his focus towards the boy in front of him.

“Y-Youngsoh please hold on” Xiumin half cried.

Thump 1…

Thump 2…

Thump 3…

“Come on! Damn it!”

Thump 4…

Cough. Cough. Cough.

Sooyoung has coughed the water out as she slowly opened her eyes, to see the blurry face of the one who rescued her.

Upon this Xiumin had forced his way to kneel beside Tao as he looked on Youngsoh’s face.

“Damn it Youngie! You scared me! You practically made me jog all the way here…You You You”

The rest of the boys excluding Kris had also circled around the trio to check the almost drowned boy.

“Stop...Whining…see. I won” and with a tired cheeky smile she had shown them the last badges she took before she fell – pushed towards the lake.

 

Kris was too guilty to even move on his spot but he felt a sense of relief with the knowledge that he had survived.  He watched them as the boys had helped Youngsoh to stand up, but it was too late for him to realize that he was on his way towards him.

“Jerk” Sooyoung glared towards the pale Kris and gave him the complete badges “Looks like I’ve won…So you better know your place eh?” and with that Sooyoung patted his shoulders and walked off with Xiumin back to their school.

Kris who stayed rooted to his spot while holding the badges suddenly laugh upon the boy’s gesture while the still walking Sooyoung was wearing a smirk on her face upon hearing the former’s laugh.

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

While all of them were trudging back to their own quarters as they reached their dorm Sooyoung was suddenly grabbed from the wrist and was pulled in a lone hallway.

Even before Sooyoung was thinking of yelling for help she was silenced with the familiar voice.

“I know your secret”

Sooyoung widened her eyes and glanced towards the perpetrator.

“Tao-ssi…what are you talking about?” she had asked nervousness clearly seen on her voice.

“I know that Kang Youngsoh is definitely a…she and not a he” he had whispered on Sooyoung’s ear making her spine shiver in shock.

 

 


Author's Note: Hello I'm back with an update!! I'm so sorry for the short update though OTL Thank you for sticking with me I LOVE YOU ALL
So there really is (?) a phobia for rabbits and it's called Leporiphobia. Cool huh? lol XD
Anyway please do share your thoughts in these chapter okay?

Heads up for the new subscribers~ thank you ver much..

♥jilngel89
♥FransiscaaaF
♥bellasyoo
♥LoveCorea
♥Song_HanEul

So yeah please Read, Comment, Subscribe and Upvote :)
Till next update~ Babush ♥