01: The Punishment

The Rose among the Thorns

                                  01 | The Punishment
the fact of being punished, as for an offense or fault.


 

The halls were exceptionally peaceful today especially when it’s already the end of class.  The once buzzing set of students now comfortably going to their dorms, just when…

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!” a high pitched scream pierced through the once sacred halls of Genie High.

“Lower your tone Soo plums, you’re still in my office and school nonetheless” cooed by the smiling old man in a suit; apparently this old man is the principal of Genie High and the President for both Genie High School for Girls and SM High School for Boys which is just the building beside the school they are now.

“Says the old man, whose using his status to kid around” the tall slim girl with lovely long brown locks huffed while she paced back and front across the principal’s desk.

The old man who was still smiling, now laughed at the behavior of the young lady in front of him.

“Soo plums…” he started but was cut off by the young lady’s deadly glare.

“Don’t call me that, I’m no 5 year old anymore old man. I’m a high school student now for pete’s sake” she huffed again for the nth time.

The old man raised his eyebrow in an amused expression “Don’t say that, you’re always be my Soo plums to me, my cute granddaughter, and by the way who’s pete?”

And then he laughed again earning Soo or shall I say Sooyoung an exasperated sigh.  Oh how she wished she has a more matured less eccentric grandfather right now.

Apparently, the principal slash president was Sooyoung’s grandfather.  Choi Sooyoung the only heiress of the Choi household was left with only her eccentric grandfather and her workaholic mother after her father died on car accident years ago.

Her mother had left her to the care of her grandfather, since her grandfather was an owner of a prestigious set of schools, earning her a spot there while living in the school’s dorm like the rest of the kids whose parent’s where away for work.

The old man breathed in and smiled “Sooyoung, I know this is hard for you but hey it’s your punishment, and punishments are meant to be hard, you know?”  

Sooyoung raised her eyebrow at that.  Hey don’t get her wrong, she was not at the office speaking to the principal – her grandfather nonetheless because she was a troublemaker, well she is but she is the kind of troublemaker with a cause or something like that.

And it’s not something to do because she’s spoiled or because she needed attention from her surviving family members.  No not because of that, she was sure loved dearly by her grandfather although he’s kind of eccentric and she also knows her mom loves her too since her mom won’t missed her viola performances for the world.

So what’s the problem you say?  What made her scream and retaliate, disrupting the calmness of the afternoon?  Well it all boils down to this…

Choi Sooyoung – the proud Choi heiress, the independent strong willed woman, the genius viola player – is unfortunately a Man Hater.

“I did not deserve this kind of punishment gramps” she rolled her eyes, irritated that this talk is still ongoing.

“And that boy didn’t deserve that broken nose you gave him” he reasoned still a creepy smile plastered on his face.

“He deserved it! He played with Sica! That retarded, two-timing bastard” she huffed in anger as she replayed the earlier events on her mind.

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

A petite brunette kept on crying as she drowned herself with strawberry milk with her friends on the school’s ‘Friendship Ground’.

“Easy there, Sica.  You’ll get over him…after sometime I guess?” A deer-eyed lady attempted to console her friend yet failed miserably as the weeping girl wept more.

“Nice advice you got there Yoona” a blond retorted earning a ‘what-just-trying-to-help’ face from the Yoona girl.

A girl sighed and cleared . “Girls, stop it.  And Jessica, please Kris is not even worth of your tears, you know”

“I know that Taeyeon, but I just can’t help it…h-he replaced me w-with that ” and then she bawled her eyes again earning every girl on the clique an exasperated sigh.

Sooyoung who was quiet from the very beginning just observed the girls before her.  She saw how Yoona and Hyoyeon were beside the crying damsel while Yuri, Sunny and Seohyun looked like they were going to cry any minute now watching one of their friends this upset.  Taeyeon and Tiffany looked pissed, well she couldn’t say she didn’t look pissed too, because she knows herself too well; Crying besties + Men that aforementioned combination makes her blood boil so much.

When a certain blond arrogant jerk walked on the pavement like some awesome model with bunch of his lackeys (or friends which she didn’t care right now) a certain Choi Sooyoung hastily straightened her posture and went coolly to the blond with a smirk on her face.

“Oh you’re one of Jessica’s friends…” the guy was roughly cut off when a fist directly collided with his nose.  He stumbled back with much force as blood continually drip from his now probably broken nose – so much for the model liked face now.

“. What was that for wo-“

“That’s for breaking Sica’s heart you jerk” she said – in a monotonous voice with a matching poker face.

The people on both sides shared identical expressions – mostly shocked.  Although some we’re shown as proud and amused, like in Taeyeon’s and Tifanny’s faces and some couple guys on the blond boy’s end.

“wo-man” he finished his sentenced but was now at loss as he stared at the brunette’s  poker face.

“Sooyoung! god what have you done?” a worried voice was heard and in a means of seconds Sica was now beside Sooyoung.

“K-Kris, I’m sorry for what she has done…Sooyoung say your a- apology now” Sica panicked as she stared at Kris’s still bleeding nose.

But Sooyoung won’t budge.  She’ll wait for hell to freeze over before apologizing to this man, and hell she even did it because of her so why is she siding him.

The so called Friendship Grounds were now filled with gossiping students encircling the 2 groups that stayed in the middle.  Both students from SM High and Genie High waited to see what will happen next when suddenly a loud whistle interrupted them and got everyone’s attention.

It was the president.

“What’s happening here?” the old man strode forward with a smile in his face and Sooyoung gulped at the sight of her grandfather.

She knew she was good as dead, because of the old man’s stupid and creepy smile on his face.

“It’s nothing big sir, it’s just a small misunderstanding…” Taeyeon who was Genie High’s student council president tried to cover her friend up, knowing too well the President’s eccentric ways.

“More like crazy girl involved misunderstanding” a short angelic faced boy said while he walks forward and helped Kris stand up.

“Suho” Taeyeon breathed, irritated at the sight of SM High’s student council president.   Oh how she hated that guy’s guts.

“Enough.  I want to know the deal from these two young lovely students.  So Kris-ssi and Sooyoung-ssi you both will be facing me later on after school…”he paused as he did a double take on Kris’s bleeding nose.

“Well go to the hospital first Kris-ssi, that looked awful, you can see by tomorrow.  And as for you young lady you’ll come to my office by the end of class.  Understood?”  He looked at both Sooyoung and Kris, and after seeing them nod, he smiled again and whistled his way back to who knows where.

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

The old man sighed; he knows his decision is ridiculous but its fun anyway.  And who knows it might get rid of his precious granddaughter’s hatred for men.  He knows he wants his Soo plums to get married and give him lots of great grandchildren.

“If you think that this will help me get rid of my hatred for men, you’re wrong, it’ll just intensify more” Sooyoung tried to reason out.

But the old man just continued to smile creepily at her making her say more “And gramps, you’re making your precious only granddaughter to be humiliated, you don’t want that do you, for the only Choi heiress to be humiliated this way?”  Sooyoung tried to use her aegyo while batting her eyelashes on her grandfather.

But her grandfather just looked at her while he too bats his eyelashes liked some aegyo kid on the TV.

Sooyoung growled, frustration clearly show on her pretty face. “I’ll tell mom on you! Seriously, I’ll make her come here and take you precious granddaughter away, and I’ll hate you forever” Sooyoung tried her last trick on the book –which is threatening her grandfather.

“She knows and she agrees…and no you don’t, you can’t hate this lovely grandfather of yours right?” Her grandfather stated back with much aegyo making Sooyoung just wanting to kill herself badly right now.

How could her mother just sell her like that? And this pathetic grandfather of hers was making her life miserable at best.

Seeing his granddaughter’s dumbfounded expression, his smile grew wider and said his verdict with finality “You Choi Sooyoung will be starting to attend SM High School for the Boys, effectively tomorrow.  Also your dorm will be changed from now on until I see it fit for you to return to your original boring life.  That’s it, oh and don’t worry those boys are harmless, and make sure to pack your things okay! And before that, here’s your school uniform, starting from tomorrow you’ll be Kang Youngsoh.  Enjoy my granddaughter or shall I say grandson!”

And with those words Sooyoung knew her life now is in one deep .

 

 


Author's Note: Hey guys! so how was the first chapter? So let me know your thoughts on it, okay? Please Read, Write and Subscribe, those 3 are like
the water to my drying bones. Lol. Till next update, Byeeee ヽ(;▽;)ノ