05: The Lull before the Storm

The Rose among the Thorns

05 | The Lull before the Storm
a quiet period just before a period of great activity or excitement or dread..


 

Three days has passed since the incident with Kris, and everything seemed normal – what is the standard for normality in a boy’s school though? for Sooyoung.

Sure after her class that day she learned of Kris Wu’s existence in her dorm room, she had marched towards her crazy old man’s office.  But what dreaded her is that the old man was nowhere to be found, and he was not even returning her frantic calls.

Luckily for her, Kris Wu was not a bother anymore after their banter that day and that brought her a new sense of peace in her hellish life.

She still spends most of her time out either with Xiumin and Lay or meeting secretly with some of the girls. 

She still can’t fully rest with the guys in her dorm room ‘because they’re weird, and having Sehun around her makes her nervous although she had cleared his accusation with the “I’m related to her so we do look slightly alike” speech she had thrown at him coupled with an awkward painful laugh.

And Luhan and Kris are not helping, although Luhan is quite the ‘i-don’t-care-about-other-people’s-business’ type of guy – which she secretly appreciates for – he is also the type to roam around the room in his shorts only which makes her groan in irritation all the time or is she?

We don’t even need to get to Kris; he is the epitome of the word ‘weird’.  One thing he’ll get to your nerves then another he’ll be so charming and welcoming and it only makes her all the more pissed and wanting to puke in every opportunity she has.

 

Since today was a Saturday she decided to trudge her way towards the friendship park the both school shared, and smiled in delight when she saw the bunch of laughing girls she had missed dearly over the days.

She carefully pulled on her hood and looked cautiously around her to see if she can sneak towards the girls in peace.

With a sigh of relief she trudges quietly towards the girls – to this Yoona widened her eyes and run towards the approaching figure giving her the most tightly bear hug the younger could muster.

“Sooyoung unnie!” she yelped which was resulted to Sooyoung flicking her forehead.

“Aww unnie! Is this how you treat your lovely donsaeng?” Yoona faked pout as the other girls walked towards them and gave Sooyoung a hug.

“Shhhh! I’m Youngsoh remember? Anyway I sooooo missed you guys!” Sooyoung lectured after giving each of the girls a warm hug.

“We know…we missed you too!” Yuri smiled as she leaned her forearm to Sooyoung’s shoulder.

“Are you okay? You gotta tell us what happened during these past three days.” Taeyeon asked clearly worried for her dongsaeng.

“Yeah Soo, spill it out.  We keep on texting you and you always have these weird replies, it’s quite frustrating you know!” Jessica second and sat down on their usual spot beckoning Sooyoung to sit by her side.

When all the girls found their places Sooyoung began “What do you want to ask first?”

“Who was that man you said during your first day?” Hyoyeon first asked, as the girls shared her sentiments.

“That…uhm he just exited the bathroom that time and I saw him and…he just loves to stay in his shorts too and it’s uncomfortable and irritating” she said, her face beginning to redden – well although she’s a tough girl, she is still a pure innocent girl after all.

The girls sighed and throw Sooyoung their sympathetic looks but Hyoyeon unfortunately did not share the same sentiments.

“Oohhh. Someone’s getting shy!” she teased.

Sooyoung glared at the blond and shrug “It’s irritating really! He has no manners at all fortunately Sehun kept on reminding him to wear his shirt for goodness sake”

“Who’s this Sehun kid?” Sunny asked.

“Oh he’s my other roommate, and god I thought he was really into me!” Sooyoung faked cry to the amusement of others.

“What he’s gay?” Yuri asked giggling,

“No not that kind of “into” gosh guys what the hell! What I meant was I thought he knew I was a girl and Choi Sooyoung at that!”

“Wow this kid’s smart” Tiffany echoed.  “And not to mention observant too” Taeyeon followed,

“Yeah, he almost gave me a heart attack when he said I looked like me” a beat passed “Good thing my old man, refer me as his cousin’s grandson, so at least I used that excuse as to why I look like me”

“You’re a weirdo” Hyeoyeon suddenly burst out laughing with all the me’s going on.

“Did he buy it unnie?” Seohyun asked.

“I guess he did?” she breathed.

“So got any friends then?” Jessica asked.

“Yeah, I suppose I can consider them as friends” at this the girls had their eyes wide open.

“The almighty man hater Choi Sooyoung has guy friends? Has the world faced its end?” Yuri mused.

“Oooooh she’s changing pretty fast” Yoona hollered giving Yuri a high five.

“Ugh. Stop it guys, I have codes you know and that applies to all people.  And if the person’s okay I can’t be a about them.  I still hate guys who’s an and all, but gratefully Xiumin and Lay are okay”

“So you got somebody you hate there?” Tiffany asked.

“Of course it’s Kris you silly, he was the reason why our Sooyoungie was even there at the first place” Taeyeon said as she flicked Tiffany’s forehead softly.

“He’s my roommate” Sooyoung suddenly mumbled.

“Excuse me? Again?” Sunny asked as she inched closer to hear her clearly.

“I said he’s my freaking roommate! Gawd what did I do to deserve this!” Sooyoung cover her face with her palms.

“Your what? Why the hell it turned that way?” Jessica asked frantic.

“Asked my crazy grandfather or Suho-ssi”

“Suho that brat, never trust that guy Soo. Never” Tayeon suddenly interjected.

“Why? I mean I don’t really care, but why?” Sooyoung asked the pissed Taeyeon.

“Because he is sly and an and all and and and I hate him!” Taeyeon finished seething.

“Woah calm down Tae” Tiffany rubbed circles on Taeyeon’s back to bring her comfort.

Sooyoung then nodded and shrugged at the same time.  She just wants this to end seriously.

The girls kept on talking to each other not knowing a figure was watching them closely.

 

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

“Where’s Youngsoh?” Lay asked as he visited Xiumin’s room later that afternoon.

“I dunno, he’ll appear if he wants too, you know the guy sure loves his space.  Want pizza?” Xiumin offered as Lay took it gratefully showing his priced dimple smile.

Another figure entered the room and unceremoniously got a piece of Xiumin’s pizza as he plopped himself to his bed.

“Hey that’s mine give it back Kai!” Xiumin stood up but sighed as the younger one just looked at him innocently and munched his food.

“You heard?” Kai suddenly asked as he finished munching his pizza – technically Xiumin’s pizza.

“Heard of what?”

“Of  tomorrow’s new event”

Xiumin suddenly felt uncomfortable as he saw Lay’s expression turned dark.  What the hell did he miss?

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, just spill it out” Xiumin nervously said, his baozi gut told him that whatever will come out from Kai’s mouth will be bad and…

“The tradtion’s up for the new student” he deadpanned.

his baozi gut never goes wrong.

Xiumin almost choked on his saliva when Kai said that so casually.

He knew that these would probably happen but not this soon though.  He expected it to be a week from now or something like that.

“Why are you being so sentimental hyung, what’s with that new kid that you’re so caring and all?” Kai asked as he caught Xiumin’s dilemma.

“His name is Youngsoh and no I’m not being sentimental, I’m just kind and I don’t like Youngsoh to experience that when he just transferred, it’s different”

“It’s still the same hyung, I mean all of us has done that so why not him?” Kai asked getting Lay’s approval as well.

“It’s different Kai, because when we did it, we were freshmen while Youngsoh is a transferee and Kris hates him” Xiumin pressed on.

“So it still boils down to Kris” Lay intervene and added “It’s not that he’s just a transferee it’s because Kris might go overboard”

“Yes that too, and Suho…You know that kid, he loves entertainment” Xiumin affirmed.

“Well I like entertainment too” Kai stretched casually on his bed.

“What are rules this year then and why was I not informed earlier?” Xiumin asked a bit offened.

Xiumin was one of the guys who ruled the school – their group was called EXO.  Although it was Kris who reigned and Suho who manipulates everything from the back; he is still a valuable elite member of EXO.  And what he doesn’t understand is it seems like all the other EXO members knew this while he doesn’t.

“Well because you’re friends with him” Kai shrugged.  This kid is so stagnant for crying out loud.

“Well Lay is friends with him as well, but why was I the last to know?”

“Well we’re fine I guess but you’re much friendlier to him than I was to him” Lay defended.

Xiumin breathed out, clearly irritated with all those stupid dramas.

Seriously what’s up with him defending Youngsoh like that when they were just new friends?

“The rules, tell me the rules” Xiumin asked again with his eyes close.

“No one knows the exact details.  Only Kris hyung and Suho hyung knows it”

Xiumin knew by then that this year’s welcoming tradition would be different.

And he could only hope that his Youngie could handle his ground.

This – he knew exactly well – was the calm before the storm.

 

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

“You ready for tomorrow” Suho asked Kris all of a sudden.

They were now currently as Suho’s room planning tomorrow’s event or was it later?

Kris now lay at Suho’s bed as the former was seated on his swiveled chair writing down notes on whichever subject he was reviewing too.

“I don’t know” he mumbled.

“What, are you backing out?” Suho raised his brow at him.

Well Suho for one has no bad feelings towards the new kid, all he want was just some entertainment, and what’s more entertaining than the School’s or should he say their Dorm’s Welcoming Tradition.

Originally the rules are supposedly set by the top reigning 12 – which is them the currently reigning EXO.

Every year they would battle it out to be the crème of the crops, and for two years now they still got their reign.

But this time’s different; Suho and Kris didn’t asked for the other’s opinion about this year’s welcoming tradition and just set it out for themselves. 

Why?

Because the person involve has made Suho interested, plus the fact that the guy’s resemblance to Kris’s new enemy.

“Hell no, he needs to learn his place in this school” Kris breathed out.

“Hey I can’t blame the guy’s feistiness, I mean you were the one who was all too moody that day, it’s like you’re on period or something” Suho chuckled which earned Kris’s death glares.

“Are you on my side?”

“Neither.  I just wanna have some fun”

“They tell me that I’m the devil, but really Junmyeon you are” Kris huffed as Suho gave his most angelic smile ever.

“Well whatever, I’m just excited to see what will happen the moment the clock strike 12” at this Suho’s smile turned devilish and Kris just couldn’t help but to roll his eyes.

And so when the clock strikes 12 a storm will be leashed out towards the princess.

 

 


Author's Notes: I'm baek~ gawd this is too short for my liking.  Anyway thank you guys for the lovely support!  So guys share your thoughts on this chapter okay? Promise to work harder~

A big shout out to my new lovely subscribers:

♥flowfly
♥NoonMonkey
♥elisalicious
♥NanArrold
♥deathangeL_se7en

Thank you very much~
Please Read, Comment, Subscribe and Upvote :3
Till next time, Adios! ♥