The Anticipation

The Rose among the Thorns

10 | The Anticipation
Guess or be aware of (what will happen) and take action in order to be prepared.


 

Sooyoung woke up with a throb in her head.  She forced her droopy eyes to take focus on the light – was that the sun or something else? – That was coming from her bedroom’s window – scratch that someone else’s room.

She widened her eyes as she frantically shot up for a sitting position making her head throb more.  She didn’t remember how she got there to wherever she is or why in the world was she there at the first place…all she knew she was talking to Kris when suddenly bam had the world gone dark like black dark?

Kris. She grimaced at the name, she swear if that big headed jerk had something to do with this she’ll skin him alive, acting sorry to play another prank at her.

Wait. Her eyes widened again for the nth time, she was in the bed, and her clothes were different from the clothes she was wearing before.

“IT. COULDN’T. BE” she half yelled half whispered as she tried to cover herself more with the blanket even if she was the only soul in the room.

Oh she’ll skin him alright – hard.

 

But when the figure of his cousin emerged from the – was that white curtain? – Right side of the room holding a tray of food while wearing his usual coat when in duty; her eyes widened a little bit more – even she thought her eyes couldn’t go any wider but there it goes.

“Hey princess, here eat up” Siwon smiled his most gentle smile to the brunette though she can also see that tinge of amusement behind his gentle smile.

“What are you doing here?” she asked still not picking up the pieces.

Siwon gave her a scan.  He started to laugh heartily upon the appearance of his cousin – arms across her chest while holding the blanket, eyes as wide as saucers, mouth hanged open and her hair that was sticking out all over her head.

“Hey oppa, stop laughing! Why I’m here? Am I kidna…Oh!” she had started to rant but then it all made sense to her now.

She finally understood her surroundings and the unfortunate part of why her oppa was there.

She was at the school’s infirmary…and her oppa was the new school doctor.

Looking at her surprised expression made Siwon chuckle a bit more.

“Bingo! Now here eat up then after that, take this medicine” he had gently set the small table over Sooyoung for her to eat it in bed.

“Thanks oppa…but why am I here?”  She had asked as she reached for the orange juice first.

Ah that sure hits the spot.

Siwon frowned at her question “You sure you didn’t know? You were taken by aliens and oppa here rescued you”

Sooyoung almost splattered Siwon with the juice she was drinking with his ridiculous answer.

“Oppa! I’m not a kid anymore! Stop with those nonsense what happened?” she whined showing the exact opposite of being not a kid.

Siwon reached for the chair and had sat on it looking at Sooyoung “Well this punk came here with you on his arms unconscious.  And I have heard from his frantic explanation to the nurse that it involved with you swimming in a cold lake at night…” he gave her a pointed look which made Sooyoung halt her breathing “…in which contradicts that you Choi Sooyoung hated the idea of big group of waters much less swim at a lake in the dead of the night so tell me what the hell were you doing out late in the lake getting high fever and passing out huh?”

Sooyoung didn’t know what scared her more the idea of her oppa getting angry – which was really scary, he may be nice and sweet but all hell break loose when he’s mad – or the idea that she almost made a mental murder out of Kris when literally he was frantic enough to bring her to the infirmary.

 “Y-yeah…I kind of…slipped?” she stuttered. Oh curse her own tongue for stuttering.

But luckily for her Siwon already dropped the subject as he inched closer to check her temperature.  Sooyoung gulped, she needs another drink from her orange juice.

“So…” she started after gulping her 2nd orange juice “…how long was I out?”

Siwon looked at her and frowned yet again – am I stepping a minefield here or something?

“The whole afternoon, clearly if you’d notice it’s already night time already… You sure have avid friends here do you Sooyoungie” he smiled at that though it was just for a second.

“What do you mean oppa?”

“Well except for the jerk who brought you here, there were more who visited you, to which I found very hard to shoo away.” he sighed remembering how a drama queen entered crying asking what happened to his Youngie accompanied by a scary looking panda and a very, very stoic looking boy.

“That’s funny oppa.  Who were the ones that visited me?”  She asked, of course she knew the jerk her cousin was referring to but who were the others?

Siwon had sat down this time, his hand reaching to massage his temples as he spoke “Well, I didn’t have the chance to ask for their names but there was this overdramatic pork bun looking boy… and a very scary panda looking boy to which is he on drugs or something? The bags under his eyes, is he alright physically I mean? Ah! And there was this very stoic looking boy, I thought he was just a mannequin or a robot but oh boy he spoke so probably not.”

Sooyoung can’t help but to laugh at how her cousin described her friends or some of them.  She held both her sides as she had a quite long laughing fit earning her a confuse stare from her cousin.

“What?” he asked oblivious to the reasons of her laughing fit.

“N-nothing” she started, inhaling and exhaling as she calmed herself from the fit she had earlier.

“The pork bun kid is Xiumin, he’s nice.  The scary panda is Tao, and oh if I’m not mistaken he’s perfectly fine – healthy and not on drugs. And lastly…that’s Sehun according to your descriptions that’s so him but that’s odd, we’re not entirely close so why was he here? But he’s my roommate” she smiled as she finished.

Siwon frowned and shook his head as he stood up and went to incase Sooyoung in a bear hug.

“My poor Sooyoungie being surrounded by these rabid wolves.  And your sharing a room with one of the wolves, I’m in tears. My poor poor little girl, I’m gonna get grandfather for this”

Sooyoung just laughed at her cousin’s display of care; seriously he can be quite a drama queen too.

 

 

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

 

When Siwon let Sooyoung return to her dorm with a mouthful of directions and precautionary measures and a bag full of medicines and a peppermint spray she slowly trudged towards her allocated room.

On her quiet walk, she had let her mind wandered through the things that went on that day when she was still conscious.

“So Kris wasn’t so bad after all huh?  So what was it with his past?” and then she thought of Sica, oh how she wished for her happiness.  She knew that her best friend is still in love with that jerk, but she doesn’t know how they could be together again if Kris will continue to be locked up in his past?

If only she knew so she could have a way to help.

She sighed, she was already at the front of their shared room.

“For now…I guess I‘ll just thanked him” she turned the door knob and was greeted by darkness.

She opened the light to the room and found only Sehun lying on his bed which was just across Luhan’s since Kris took the upper bunk on their side of the room.

She looked around to check if Luhan and Kris were around or was in the bathroom but nada…it was just Sehun and her here. 

She checked the clock on the wall behind them and sees that it was still 7pm, so probably the boys were still hanging out or decided to kill the time outside.

Seeing Sehun sleeping soundlessly had her inched closer to study his sleeping frame.

“Geez. This kid is quite scary sometimes…but he’s quite cute” she giggled upon seeing the once stoic boy sleeping like a gorgeous angel now.

“Sehun…why did you visit me back at the infirmary? I wonder” she thought aloud; slowly she turned around just in time when Sehun opened his eyes.

“Hyung” he started.

Sooyoung widened her eyes in shock.

Sehun was awake.  Did he hear her a while back?  This is embarrassing.

“S-Sehun…you’re awake” she forced a smile.

The younger one studied her and then he smirked.

“Thanks captain obvious…so were you watching me sleep?” he eyed her; a playful smile now decorated his features.

Sooyoung couldn’t believe it; she felt all the blood came rushing towards her cheeks.  She shakily adjusted her glasses and laughed nervously.

“Ha-ha-ha. Why’d you think that? Men don’t watch other men sleep…right?”

“Yeah men do that…are you though?”

Here it is again, the smart mouthed maknae strike again. 

Sooyoung gulped and nodded clumsily.

It was too fast for her liking making the younger of the two burst in laughter.

Geez here really is scary I’ll be taking the cutie part of him back.

“Fine. Fine. I’m just teasing you hyung.  Stop nodding now or your head might break, you just came from the infirmary so you better rest or your fever might return.” He smiled but this time it was more sincere and not playful.

“This brat.  Tsk you shouldn’t tease your hyungs like that.  Anyway thanks for dropping by on me a while ago, hyung told me that” she smiled.

“Sorry hyung, you’re just so fun to tease with.  So the doctor’s your hyung?” he asked.

Sooyoung made a sour face on his statement but quickly answered his question “Yes, well he’s my cousin after all”

“I see.” He nodded. “So are you going to rest now hyung?”

“Nah.  I’ll just go see Minnie and Tao and maybe Kris, you know to thank them.  So yeah bye maknae” she smiled and made a salute towards the younger one before marching out of their room.

Sehun just smiled at the retreating figure of Kangsoh.  And when he was no longer inearshot he had said

“So he thinks I’m cute huh. This will really become more interesting…noona

Then he re his lying position and closed his eyes with a smile on his lips.

 

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

 

Xiumin had just gone out from the cafeteria and was ready to head back to his dorm.  He sighed as he kept munching on the pork bun on his belonging.

“I couldn’t believe that meanie doctor.  He could just have let us or even me check up on Youngie. But no he just won’t let us see him” he pouted as he complained aloud.

He almost shrieked in fright when a sudden hand had found its way on his back, but what made him held back was the voice that accompanied the hand.

“Minnie, found you at last”

Xiumin slowly turned around to find a smiling Kang Youngsoh.

He almost forgot to breathe upon the sight of the smiling boy; his smile is just so breathtaking.

 He shook his thought away and returned his smile of his own.

“Youngie! How are you? That meanie doctor won’t let me see you” he pouted to which Youngsoh giggled.

“That doctor is my cousin, and I’m fine now thanks for worrying Minnie”

Xiumin smiled dreamily upon hearing his Youngsoh giggle.

STOP THIS INSANT KIM MINSEOK he yelled in his thoughts. Oh bother he just can’t continue this kind of attitude from him.

It’s so gay-ish.

Youngsoh on the other hand had formed a knit on his forehead as he worried for the sudden silent Xiumin.

“Minnie…you okay?”

“Y-yeah I’am…wait so that meanie..OMG I’m sorry” he became bashful of all a sudden.  He kept on saying ‘that meani’e when in fact he was related to his lovely Youngsoh.  This is embarrassing.

Youngsoh laugh again.  Oh how his laugh was like an angel’s laugh in Xiumin’s ear.

“It’s fine really! op…hyung really can be a meanie sometimes” he smiled.

Xiumin can’t help but feel warm upon seeing Youngsoh and he didn’t know why.

Do friends feel this way all the time?

Maybe not.

Sooyoung heaved a sigh as she nearly gave herself away, how foolish of her really but luckily Xiumin was now in deep thought that he hadn’t caught up on her minor slip.

“Minnie…you sure you’re alright? I mean you keep on staring off to space.  If there’s something bothering you, you can tell me” she offered a smile.

Xiumin just shook his head in negation and smiled at her in return.

“Nah I’m fine Youngie, thanks for the offer though, but really I’m fine” he smiled making the latter nod.

“Okay…hey you know where to find Tao-ssi?”

“Tao? He’s probably still at school, in the practice room, you know practicing his wushu”

Xiumin frowned, why all of a sudden Youngsoh became close with Tao?  Was it because of his heroic deed of saving him at the lake?

His frown deepened and he didn’t know why he was feeling that way.

“Oh I see. Thanks then Minnie I’ll be going off now, see you tomorrow.”

Xiumin waved goodbye as he sees Youngsoh off, but when Youngsoh was already out of sight he had dejectedly put down his hand and stared off the distance.

“Why am I feeling this way? Geez don’t tell me I’m jealous? That can’t be since I’m…straight” he mumbled the last word as it suddenly felt foreign in his tongue.  He frowned once more and continued to walk towards their dorm room.

 

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

Tao was having one of his late practice sessions in the practice room alone.  He wasn’t hungry to grab something at the cafeteria and he didn’t feel like returning to his dorm room. 

So he kept practicing to ease his boredom.  So when Youngsoh barged in – he wasn’t that much shock upon seeing the petite tall girl/boy – he hastily stops and offered a smile at the visitor.

“What’s up noona, you’re finally feeling better I see.  That’s good you got us worried there all of a sudden”

Sooyoung looked around for people before deciding to shut the door of the practice room. 

“Really Tao-ssi, you still should call me hyung, calling me noona is dangerous…what if others would find out?”

“Sorry sorry noona, I meant hyung”

“It’s fine…so yeah I came here to say thank you for visiting me earlier” she walked closer and sat at the mat beside Tao.

“It’s fine hyung…You got all of us worried there really specially Kris hyung and Xiumin hyung”

“Really?” so Kris was really worried for her after all.

“Yes really.  It’s funny though, Kris hyung was frantic and Xiumin hyung was crying.  I think the only level headed ones were I and Sehun” he snickered upon the image of his hyungs.

“That’s really funny! I didn’t know they were like that” and then they both laugh.

Then all of a sudden Tao’s stomach grumbled followed by Sooyoung’s own grumbling tummy.

Sooyoung blushed and she turned towards Tao. “Wanna grab something on our way back to the dorm?”

“Sure noona” he smirked and stood up fast before Sooyoung can even lay a finger to harm him.

 

 

When they had bought the foods they walked together side by side munching their burgers while talking.  They kept on laughing before Tao halted and pointed towards the other side of the dorm building near the fields.

There was Kris with…Jessica.

“What is she doing here…with him?” Sooyoung had left that question hung as Tao stayed silent as they both watched the two persons in question who were talking from afar.

 

 


Author's Notes: Wassup guys~ thank you very much for the people who joined~ I love you all :3 And Thank you too for your patience for this story.

And I want to thanked the ☁Incroyable Trailer Shop☁ for the awesome trailer..check it out guys and better check them too, they're so daebak really~ here's the trailer:

And I'm very happy for the every subscriber, vote and comment.  For the silent readers juseyo comment something kay? I wanna know your thoughts too~

So basically the three that I chose are :

TAO. MYNMYN
XIUMIN. sooyoungee
SEHUN. SY-JaeHa

Although I loved everyone's response I just could fit all of those members in 1 chapter but don't you worry I promise every member will have a moment with our Sooyoungie soon~


Heads up to the new subscribers! I totally love you peeps~
 

 

And for the lovely upvoter I LOVE YOU :3

 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL~

Please READ. COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE. UPVOTE. :3

Adios~
XOXO