04: The Modification

The Rose among the Thorns

 


  04 | The Modification
the state of being modified; partial alteration.


 

She decided to kill time by strolling down her new school’s building, she thought she needed too anyway if she wants to know the place and not get lost in it.  Well it’s better than staying on her dorm room, which she was greatly embarrassed earlier.

She shook her head when she thought of that guy’s upper body again.

“Not good” she muttered under her breath failing to notice the new presence by her side.

“What’s not good?” an average, chubby cheek guy asked.

Sooyoung jumped out of surprise to his question.  Seriously are guys always like this? They keep on popping out from nowhere like freaking Ninjas.

Sooyoung arched her eyebrow at the newcomer, not bothering to answer his question, instead she threw him a question of her own.

“Who are you?” she asked.

“Oh sorry that was rude of me new student, I’m Kim Minseok, you can call me Xiumin or Baozi, whichever suites you I’ll roll with it” he said with a big toothy grin on his face.

She studied his stature for a while, he seemed harmless she mewled and a little hyperactive like a certain weirdo she knew from her own circle of friends.

She hated men, she knew that, but she guess if she kept on shoving men away, then that won’t help her on her mission to get out from this punishment.  And besides she can make a few exceptions like this chubby dude in front of her, he seems nice, and can be a big help in the future.

After much deliberation, she swallowed and extended her hand to the Baozi kid and offered her name – the other name. “Kang Youngsoh, just call me Youngsoh” she tried to smile, but her smile is quite forced, you can’t blame her though, she wasn’t that much of a social butterfly anyway even as a girl.

She’s fun within her own circle of friends, she gets crazy and all but outside she can get very awkward and her hatred for men didn’t help her already limited social skills.

Xiumin smiled his goofy smile, making his eyes disappear in the form of half crescent moons and reached for the former’s hand and gave a firm handshake.

“You’re not much of a social person huh, its fine you got Baozi here as your first friend in this school” he laughed as he saw the former’s awkward smile, if it was considered as one.

“I’ll call you Youngie though, since you’re my new best friend”

Sooyoung shrugged at the nickname, she was called like that by her friends too, well with the Soo part though, Youngie was mostly a pet name for Yoona and hers was Sooyoungie.

Ugh. It’s only minutes or hours but she’s already homesick, or friend sick?

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

Xiumin, she decided to call him that from all his supposed names – was indeed a social butterfly like a certain someone she knew, she giggled at the dork in front of her as he greatly reminded her of that one silly blond or was it pinkish now?
 

Either way, she was grateful to find someone, a man at that, that she’ll be friends with; and lucky enough a classmate.

“Not all men are distasteful, I guess” she whispered as she was listening to Xiumin blabbering about food as they sat side by side at the seat by the window on their classroom.

It was free study period that time, since the teacher with whatever business she had, was absent.

“Hey” a new kid stood in front of their shared table and offered a dimpled smile.

“Yo Lay! You gotta meet this kid here~ He’s awesome like me” Xiumin babbled hyperactively as he pointed towards Sooyoung who was now looking at the guy named Lay.

“Oh, hi there, my name’s Zhang Yixing, but you can just call me Lay” he smiled towards her direction with a dimpled smile.

Sooyoung offered her own smile, not as stiff as before though and offered her hand “Youngsoh, Kang Youngsoh.  Nice to meet you”

“Nice to meet you too” a beat passed “Hey Xiumin, Mr. Lee is asking for you from the faculty room, I think he needs you to get…uhm something? I forgot, sorry just go and ask him” he shyly laughed and Sooyoung smiled at his silliness.

“Oh I see, okay then Youngie I’ll be gone for a bit okay, see yah later, Come on Lay, Come with me” Xiumin smiled as he dragged a reluctant Lay towards the door.

Sooyoung laugh at the site of them and decided to just sit there and wait for their return, not that she can go anywhere too since she still has her next period.

She knows she can’t let these guys get to her, since she has this “No Men are Trustful” campaign of hers.  But she softens her heart for this two since they look like kids and gentle and what not.

She decided to change her policy to “Men who’s an cannot be trusted” plus the number one on her list is a certain Kris Wu.

Thinking of that guy made her frown again, seriously she hates that guys guts. How dare he do that to her best friend?

Speak of the devil.

A certain blonde entered the room like he owned the runway and strut his way towards his supposed sit – 2 chairs away from her on the back.

He really do look like a model – just ignore the big white bandage on the center of his face and he’ll be fine.

She scoffed on her seat as she saw the damage she had done to his face.  She wasn’t at all sorry for what she had done, in contrast she was pissed that she hadn’t done greater damage to him.

Kris Wu happened to look at her on his way to his seat, and he hadn’t like that stupid scoffing face of that new transferee.

He stopped in front of the new guy’s table and stared down at him – the whole class by then became quiet as they looked at the almighty Kris and the new student.

Sooyoung looked up and adjusted her fake glasses, she offered a calm tone but her eyes are stating otherwise “Is there a problem, sir?”

Kris stared at the new student for a good whole minute before shrugging “Know your place, new student” and with that he decided to move again only to be stopped again.

“Excuse me?” Sooyoung voiced out.

Kris Wu was known as the Kingka of SM High, and that he has a strange set of mood swings.  So the class was not shocked when Kris’s new target was the new student, especially when they knew that the guy was not on his top mood at all.

But what shocked them was the feisty new student.  He seemed to be a nerd and weak at first glance, but who knew that this tall, skinny nerd has packed a feisty attitude with him.

The other students were afraid for the new student while others decided to watch since they thought it’ll be fun.

Kris turned around saw that the guy was now glaring daggers at him.

“I said excuse me, what place are you talking about?” Sooyoung asked, irritation clearly seen on her voice.

Kris walked towards Sooyoung, until the space between them can be ruled as inched.

Sooyoung held her ground even if the jerk towered over her, determination filled her eyes.

“I don’t like you” Kris stated.

Sooyoung arched her eyebrow at that; seriously not like that she likes him – hell no.  It’s just that this guy has some serious issues to deal with. 

He came up first and talked non-sense now he just dropped off a big hated words.

“Well I don’t like you too” she retorted back.

At this Kris’s blood was boiling in a dangerous point, well it’s just that there’s something about this kid that makes his blood boil, and he retorting is not helping his already messed up mood too.

They held a glare down competition only to be interrupted with a familiar voice or voices.

“Youngie!” a slightly high pitched voice echoed followed by a monotonous “Kris”

They both looked up to find Xiumin and Luhan entered the room, the tension in the room slowly evaporating as the two trudges forward the heated duo.

Lay and Sehun which was still by the door just looked at the four at the far end of the classroom.

“Hey what happened?” Xiumin spoke first, concern filled his voice.

Sooyoung looked at him and offered him a weak smile, while the latter just rolled his eyes.

“Oh it’s you” a beat has passed “Kris this kid is our new dorm mate” Luhan shrugged at both kids who had identical looks on their face.

“A-are you serious?” Sooyoung spoke softly.  this can’t be true, she’s gonna kill her grandfather for this.

“What the hell stop kidding around Luhan” Kris hollered.

Luhan only shrugged at the both of them and signaled for Sehun who was still at the door.

“And oh this kid, is the other dorm mate I’m talking about – Oh Sehun” he introduced Sehun once he was by his side to the still lost Sooyoung.

Sooyoung looked up and saw the poker face of the guy named Sehun.

“His Youngsoh, Kang Youngsoh…I think” Luhan furthered the introduction as he can see that no one was talking.

“This is no time for introduction like that, Luhan, I demand that nerd out of our dorm!” Kris bellowed.

Sooyoung was about to retort back, but Xiumin saw it first and decided to step in “Luhan I think you should take Kris out first, okay?”

Luhan again shrugged but was pissed that he needed to take care of the drama king, and dragged the seething Kris out of the room.  The whole class by now returned to their own worlds.

Lay approached the trio who was left and asked “What happened? You were fine when we left you?”

Sooyoung took a long sigh to cool her nerves “I don’t know.  He just came up to me and his words pissed me off”

Xiumin and Lay exchanged looks and shrugged “Typical Kris?” they asked one another.

“No, this case is another thing than his mood swings” Sehun suddenly said all of a sudden.

Sooyoung then focused her attention to the poker faced dude.

“Remember Choi Sooyoung…” Sooyoung froze at Sehun’s sudden statement.

“What the girl who was the cause of Kris’s broken nose? What about her and Youngie/ Youngsoh-ssi?” both Xiumin and Lay asked, eyes set on Sehun.

“…He looked just like her”

And Sooyoung felt the world was spinning right there and then with Sehun’s final words.

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

Suho was strolling down the hall when he spotted two figures by the bench. He stood a few inches away from them and decided to eavesdrop.

“Calm down would you, why are you creating a big fuss about it?” Luhan asked the still seething Kris.

“I just don’t like him and his scoffing face, I bet his scoffing about me” Kris argued.

“Why is it that you think everything is revolving around you?”

“Of course it is, no but seriously look at this stupid thing on my face! I bet he snickered when he saw this, and plus there’s something about him that ticks me off” Kris pressed on as he folded his hands on his chest.

Suho who was amused at the flow of their conversation decided to stepped out and walk towards the two.

“Maybe it’s because…” He let his sentence hang in the middle as he basked in the delight of seeing the both of them shocked and confused.

“What then?” a beat passed “And since when were you invited in this talk?” Kris ed out.

But knowing Suho, he just shrugged and had a Cheshire smile plastered on his lips.

“Because?” Luhan echoed out, he’s tired of playing games now.

“He looked like a certain brunette” Suho finished with a satisfied smile upon seeing them got his hint.

Kris mewled over and looked at Suho again, this time with a smirk playing on his lips.

“Suho-ssi, I think what happened earlier was rude of me.  So help me welcome the new student with our tradition eh?”

At this Luhan stared at the both smirking kids and shrugged.

Poor soul he thought.

“I thought you’ll never ask” Suho agreed and another Cheshire’s smile formed on his angelic face.

Who knew that the angelic SC president is also a wolf in a sheep’s clothing?  

 

 


Author's Note: Hey gulls and guys! I'm baek! Lols, so here's my new chappie, I hope you like it~ OMG.  I feel like crying! you guys seriously are DAEBAK~ I soo love you guys~ thank you really~ and you all know that Baek's birthday was just days ago, and the whole trending issue /sobs/ but hey at least the 13 Months with EXO was included in the WW Trends in just minutes or was it hours? lol but anyway yeah.  Let me know your thoughts on this Chapter okay, like for our Youngsoh or the lovely devilish boys.

And for Kris, guys please don't hate me on how I portray him, he has some issues here, well that'll be more expounded on the later chapters.

As always I want to shout out to the new lovely subscribers!:

♥lov3s_ang3l_19
♥callmedaddy
♥WiseTroll
♥JEJswagstyle
♥xoxorina
♥sooyoungee
♥Chanelxy
♥JEJswagstyle
♥nameme
♥REJeeLicious
♥haveakitkath
♥charlottechoi
♥mblaq_zzeoyha
♥jstfyi
 

And to the lovely reader who upvoted this story ♥:

♥youngiefm

I LOVE YOU ALL! ♥♥♥♥

So Read, Subscribe, Comment and Upvote okay? Do Share to if you want to :3
See you on the next update~

xoxo