06: The Game pt. 1

The Rose among the Thorns

06 | The Game pt. 1
a competitive activity where the person plays according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.


That night was exceptionally cold; the dead silence filled the mighty surroundings of both SM High School and its counterpart Genie High School.  Everything seemed fine except the hushed conversations between the group of boys just outside a certain someone’s room.

Each person was wearing a black robe and was hunched in a circle finalizing their plan.

“Okay guys, there’s still a few seconds before the appointed time.  I just want to welcome you to tonight’s show, please follow the instructions that will be sent to you through sms accordingly and let’s welcome the new student…” With a sly smile Suho then breathed out and glance at his watch, he watched as the last seconds ticked by before it finally struck on 12 midnight. “…it’s show time”

At Suho’s statement the group dispersed into different directions only leaving Suho, Kris and Kris’s childhood friend Tao.

Kris looked at the door of his dorm with an amused smile “So it begins”.

 

 

Xiumin couldn’t sleep that night, he knew it was already starting but he couldn’t bring himself to join in his co members in this year’s tradition.  He also knew he couldn’t prevent Youngsoh for experiencing it as it was tradition to the dorm.  So all he could do was to lie restlessly on his bed and hoped for the best that if the heaven permits Youngsoh would be fine.

 

 

Tao opened the door and welcomed the darkness that greeted him as he maneuvered his way towards the new student’s location, as he took a glimpse at the student in question who was currently sleeping soundly at the top of the double deck, he then glanced at his hyungs and back at the guy’s sleeping face and could see why this was his role in his hyungs’ event.

Because he did wushu and other martial arts when he was still young, he kind of adapted on how to stealthily travel in the dark and to abduct people without them any knowing it. For short he was a ninja – a Chinese ninja.

When Tao was about to silently take the guy from his position to his arms, his eyes narrowed at the incredibly lightness of the guy that was now sleeping in his arms.  For the second time that night he glanced towards his hyungs who was smiling creepily urging him to bring the boy out.

Tao suddenly felt confusion yet his face never betrayed him as he brought the boy out with a stoic face.

“Great job Tao-ssi, now let’s bring him to the venue” and Kris could only smirked as he trailed behind Suho.

 

 

Luhan breathed out irritated, with Sehun beside him hiding in some random bush at the forest outside the boundary of their school.

Sehun caught his hyung’s irritation and shrugged “We just need to get this over and done”.

Luhan looked at Sehun and then back at the view displayed in front of them – which was grass, trees and more grass.

“I remembered when I was the one who experienced the tradition…it scared me first but seriously it was fun, especially when I met you guys” Sehun said out of the blue and Luhan couldn’t argue with what the maknae was saying or implying.

He also reminisced back in the day where this said tradition was really a silly play of Courage Test.  It was really silly to find some of the guys who were tested, peed on their pajamas in fright.  He remembered how the rules were just for fun but now, there’s no fun in it. 

“What happened to our fun group Sehun?” Luhan suddenly asked yet his stare was no way near Sehun’s direction.

“Kris hyung happened and…”Sehun halted when he felt the vibration of cell indicating that he just received a text.  Quickly getting the device from his pocket and gave it a once over.

He sighed.

“They’re near” and Luhan nodded as he readied himself.

 

 

To say that Sooyoung was a heavy sleeper was an understatement really, she was like dead to the world.  She never even stirred on her sleep even when Tao carried her and trudges outside the school’s boundary – meaning even when the road Tao was walking on was now uneven making it rather rough and the air was rather cold that didn’t stopped her to just sleep, and sleep she did.

The trio was amused on how heavy Youngsoh was sleeping, they were planning to put a black sack over the guy’s head if ever he woke up early in time but they guess they would not need it anyway.

“We’re here” Suho smiled and instructed Tao to lay the sleeping guy on the grass below – they were now in the middle of the forest.

Only when Sooyoung was laid on the grass did she stir.

“Looks like he’s starting to get up, quick left him the note and let’s hide” Kris said as Suho placed the note just above Sooyoung’s chest.

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

Sooyoung heard the rustles just above her and again stirred on her sleep, she suddenly wondered why the once smooth texture of her bed was now rough and biting and edgy and itchy?

Her eyes shoot open as unfamiliarity greeted her.  She forced herself too quickly into a sitting position which made her regret the sudden movement as she felt dizzy.

“Where in hell am I?” she thought aloud and blinked in confusion as she studied her surrounding which was mainly grass and trees.

Looking down on her thighs was an unforgotten note; she took it and read it aloud.

“Welcome new student! You are now subject to our dorm’s tradition.  If you will not pass this then say goodbye to the comforts of our dorm and your status of being a man –“ Sooyoung laugh suddenly as she cannot control the fits of laughter that dawned on her upon reading the word ‘man’, if only they knew the truth.

“– you need to collect at least 3 X badges and 3 O badges all scattered across this forest to be able to complete your mission.  We are watching you and be aware that there’ll be additional surprise challenge.  Once done return to your staring point and wait for us.  Good luck!...”

Sooyoung sighed so this was just a stupid game after all, she was irritated but she was willing to pass this to show them what she got.  Silent Youngsoh no more she was determined to man it up – to which she laughed again; and after all she loves challenges.

“…P.S. KNOW YOUR PLACE IDIOT!” Sooyoung can’t help but to picture a certain jerk with the post script message below.  She hissed and a new determination filled her, she really can’t wait to finish that . So she stood up as she dusted herself and trudge forward the inner part of the forest not before uttering a silent I’m gonna kill you one day Wu Kris.

Suho and Kris exchanged menacing looks as they watched their target started the mission.  They sent the first obstacle to the first group in waiting for their pray.  Not noticing the absence of one member.

 

 

Kai who was lying down the grass few seconds ago, sat up as he read the text he had just received.

“Hyung, it’s go time” he said in a rather monotonic tone to which the latter smiled widely and stood up.
“Finally” Chen breathed out as he lifted the box he was now holding, smiling widely as he tossed the contents inside the bucket that was connected to a rope which was hung on the tree.  He carefully pulled on the rope as the duo watched the bucket being lifted up and was halted just the right height above.

As they heard footsteps approaching their area, quickly Kai and Chen hide behind a huge trunk, still mindful on the rope that Chen was holding.

 

Sooyoung was walking aimlessly throughout the path; she didn’t know where to start first, and it was quite dark considering the only source of light was the moon.  She then noticed a white X mark on the trunk of a tree just on her left.  Without much thought she walked towards it in hopes of finding her 1st X badge somewhere near that tree.

Kai was bored as he stared at Youngsoh who was kneeling in front of their tree, foolishly looking for the badge.  He tapped Chen to just do the work and leave already.  But Chen was not yet ready to do it as he was amused on how the guy was creeping around to check if the badge was there.

Kai rolled his eyes and tapped Chen for the second time around, and Chen understood as he sighed out of irritation as he waited for Youngsoh to go in the right spot.

Chen grinned as Youngsoh was now kneeling directly above the bucket he had set just few minutes ago and with a long tugged, the contents of the bucket fell all over Youngsoh.

Kai who was bored seconds before was now laughing at the site of the guy who was running in circles, desperately trying to get the worms out of him.  Chen and Kai shared a high five as Kai texted the others a ‘1st Stage Success’.  They were so preoccupied with their victory that they didn’t notice the now seething Sooyoung behind them. 

Chen and Kai stopped laughing as they felt a sudden presence behind them; they slowly looked back and gulped audibly as they were face to face with Sooyoung’s sudden fist, earning both boys with a sore cheek as they stumbled on the grass.

Sooyoung then noticed the X badge showing from Chen’s pocket and an O badge from Kai’s hand, she then quickly snatched it from them and glared at the two boys on the grass.

“Idiots” she huffed and left to continue her search.

Kai and Chen couldn’t even move as they stare at the disappearing form of Youngsoh as they both said aloud “Youngsoh is one violent man”.

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

Sooyoung was stomping her way forward as another white X mark was found.  She looked around first to see if another prank was going to occur.  And indeed she was right, she saw two huddled figures just behind the bush, she was about to approach them when suddenly, a flying pellet was shot her way.

Sooyoung successfully dodged it just and time as she narrowed her eyes to see the two figures were now panicking.  And before the 2nd pellet was shot Sooyoung grab a hold of the two’s collar and lifted them up.

“YAH! STOP GRABBING MY COLLAR! THAT’S EXPENSIVE YOU BRAT!” a black haired boy wiggled from Sooyoung’s hold, Sooyoung arched her brow at the wiggling creature “THIS IS YOUR FAULT DO KYUNGSOO! IF YOU ONLY HAD RELOADED MY PELLET GUN A BIT SOONER HE WOULDN’T HAVE GOTTEN TO US!”

At this the silent guy on her right hold who was Do Kyungsoo according to this loud mouth creature utter a quick apology to the wiggling boy whom he identified as Baekhyun.

Sooyoung wanted to laugh really, this was hilarious.  Is this the so called ‘Tradition’ they were doing? It’s so epic it hurts.

“Where’s the badges so I could finish this useless –“a sudden pellet flew out from nowhere and grazed the side of her face.

Sooyoung looked towards the direction of the flying bullet and could see another 2 figures approaching.

“Let them go Youngsoh-ssi, I’ve got the badges that you want” Sooyoung smirked when she recognize the voice of the newcomer…it was Lay.

“Oh so you’re part of this now, are you? Is Xiumin part as well?” Sooyoung asked.

“Nah, he isn’t he didn’t come.  Yeah I’m sorry, it’s the tradition” Lay stepped out from the shadows and let the moon illuminate his dimpled smile.

Sooyoung just nodded and released the two dweebs from her hold, not before she had snatched the pellet gun from Baekhyun’s hold and the ammos from Kyungsoo’s.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo ran towards Lay in relief and was about to whine when Lay said “Chanyeol-ssi please take these two and I’ll handle this”

The said Chanyeol took Baekhyun and Kyungsoo and stepped aside giving enough room for both Lay and Youngsoh.

“Are you ready?” Lay asked.

Sooyoung nodded as she held firm to her pellet gun. 

“Seriously these two, what the heck, there was no duel when I did the tradition” Chanyeol muttered as he scratched his head in confusion earning Baekhyun’s and Kyungsoo’s sentiments.

“If you manage to hit me, you’ll have the badges, understand?” Lay said explaining on how things should happen.

“Yes” and with that Sooyoung shot Lay right at his torso. Lay looked at her in shocked as the so called duel ended in such a short time…or it hasn’t even started.

“W-what? That’s not fair!” Lay whined.

“Hey that’s not fair you giant freak!” Baekhyun screeched.

“What nobody said about the time, I though it started long ago, you just said the mechanics but you haven’t said about the time it should start” Sooyoung blinked honestly and walked towards Lay as she got the O badge from the pocket of his jacket and walked towards Kyungsoo whom she noticed was now  holding the X badge.

She smiled at the stunned quartet and strut her way towards the next comedy show.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol exchanged wide eye looks as Baekhyun was nagging Lay off about why can’t he remember to clear the rules first and how sly that Youngsoh was.

 

 

Kris was now fuming with what the others had told them through SMS.  At first he thought the KaiChen duo succeed well they did but not really.  Then the quartet obviously failed.  He was fuming while Suho was laughing.  He surely enjoyed the entertainment it was too funny for him that it already hurt.

“Stop laughing you idiot, they failed” Kris seethed. 

But that didn’t stop Suho as he laughed more at the boiling Kris.  Even watching Kris this way was so entertaining to watch.  Suho couldn’t get any more grateful to Youngsoh as to he is now, because of him he had once again witness entertainment.

Kris angrily typed in his message and sent it.  He huffed and dragged Suho towards their next destination.

 

 

Sooyoung looked at the current badges she has now and at the note.  She smiled that she needed only two more. 

Seriously this whole ordeal was too funny for her.  She laughed again for the nth time that night.  Sure she was grossed out with the worms to which she was glad she gave a fist to those two brats.  And the pellet gun fight with Lay and the two brats were so funny.

She was actually having fun with all the boy’s idiocy, she can’t believe how dumb this guys can get.  Those pranks were so late 80’s, if she was allowed to set an event like this with Yoona, Yuri and Hyoyeon by her side; she’s sure it’s much scarier and entertaining than this.

 

 

Sehun again read the newly arrived text and sighed “Youngsoh hyung’s coming this way, Kris hyung seemed furious” at this Luhan smiled, laugh even. 

Sehun just stared at his hyung and shrugged, he and Luhan now then wore their special mask.

They saw Sooyoung just a few meters away from their hiding place and Luhan signaled Sehun to go hide on the other side.  Sehun then silently went to the other side, mindful of his surroundings.

 As the target was nearing, Luhan had counted until the right moment when Sooyoung was just in front of him.

Sehun by then lunged forward from Sooyoung’s left while Luhan was sneaking from her right.  Sooyoung screamed out of shrill surprise as the two who was encircling her was dressed as wolves.

She didn’t know how to react as the two were good at acting as wolves – whoever those wolves are.

They kept on encircling her and at times would pull on her feet which she responded with a strong kick.

Luhan and Sehun were getting quite frustrated on how to scare the guy.  They always had the best screams from the previous tradition with their wolf act but now, they felt quite dumb.  Well he did scream his girly scream at first but now they don’t know. 

Then all of a sudden Youngsoh was stiff as a rocked and thought that they finally had that effect on him but they were clearly wrong, as Youngsoh was staring past them and visible fear was seen on his face.  Sehun and Luhan exchanged inquiring glances before Sooyoung screamed at the top of her lungs and ran with all her might deeper into the forest.  Luhan and Sehun gulped and slowly looked behind them readying their selves if they were to face a bear or a ghost or whatever that made the feisty Youngsoh screamed with all his might.

Alas! All they found was a white rabbit staring back at them.  Both boys released the air they didn’t knew they were holding and both collapsed on the ground not before uttering in complete bewilderment “What a weirdo”

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

 Xiumin can’t and will not sleep even if he has to force himself that night. He was worried and his baozi gut was on code red.  He didn’t really care about the tradition itself since he knew that it was just one silly good play, but what he worries is how Kris and Suho can twist it, well specially Kris since he hated Youngoh from the very first time he laid his eyes on him.

“Get a grip Kim Minseok! You’re being weird…worrying so much for Youngsoh” Xiumin slapped his cheeks to release himself from the stress his been having, but the more his palm makes contact with his cheeks, the more pain he inflicts, the more thoughts of Youngsoh still evades his already Youngsoh filled mind.

Xiumin widened his eyes as he stopped hitting his cheeks as realization suddenly hit him square on the face.

“No………It can’t be………” and all he did was cover his face with his pillow and scream on it.

 

 

Sooyoung halted her run when she saw a lake with a certain familiar white X mark on the lone tree beside the lake.  She first took a greedy amount of air before slowly approaching the tree.

She glance left and right then down to see if there were any signs of human life or worst… rabbits.

Oh how she loathed those adorable little furry creatures.  She gained her rabbit phobia back when she was still a kid, thanks to her crazy old man who was as all we know crave bunnies. 

But that story was for another time as Sooyoung noticed a glint hanging from the lone tree just above the waters.

Sooyoung narrowed her eyes as she studied the foreign object, and to her glee it was the last 2 badge that was inside the plastic and was hung on the tree.

But because of its height, and how it was positioned above the waters, Sooyoung didn’t know what to do.  She tried searching for a stick; after several minutes she had acquired a suitable stick to hopefully snatch the plastic away.

So she positioned herself near the waters while placing her hand on the branch to support her and start swinging the stick and trying her might to reach the plastic.

“Come on, please reach, please reach!” Sooyoung chanted as she keeps trying on reaching her target.

She was so concentrated on her mission that she failed to notice the sudden coming of a presence that was nearing her.  And in a blinked of an eye, not even Sooyoung herself had predicted nor expected.  The newcomer had just pushed her towards the lake – towards the deep cold waters.

 

 

 


Author's Notes: GULLS and GUYS! I'm sorry for the wait OTL School happened and freaking EXO Comeback happened and aksjfklajsklajslakfjklajsklafjkafj /sorry/ Anyway please don't throw bricks at me for this update /le sob/ So here it is and the Tradition that they were doing were just for fun, but yeah sometime it's dangerous if the fun gets overboard.  So this is 2 parts and this is the part 1 /please don't kill me OTL/

By the way I'm so happy for the people who guessed for that someone~ I've seen some of you guessed it right~ SO DAEBAK :3
anyway please lemme love you new sunbscribers and upvoters~ you guys are really brightening up my dull life. LOL :3

New Subscribers with much love :3

♥Hanayaa
♥Kyungho
♥MYNMYN
♥Shikroro
♥anstass
♥momoiro
♥Lemomo
♥KamiliaBBC

And for the sweeties who upvoted:

♥MYNMYN
♥Lemomo

LEMMEEE LOVE YOU GUYS~ So please do share your thoughts and advices and all you want on this chapter .. Read, Comment, Subscribe and Upvote~
Till next time~ Adios! ♥

Oh if you want, do follow me on Twitter: @randomAIYAness ~

XOXO