08: The Invitation

The Rose among the Thorns

08 | The Invitation
The action of inviting someone to go somewhere or to do something.


Sooyoung had found herself napping on their free period time.  She couldn’t help it as the events yesterday night was beyond tiring.  Even the ecstatic Xiumin had failed to bring her to her peak mood.

She heaved a sigh as she secretly observed the guys scattered around the classroom while slumping her head on her folded arms upon the desk.

After yesterday’s events the others were much friendlier to her than usual, maybe they had gained some respect towards her after winning the tradition.

She smiled despite the bugging head ache that Tao has brought to her.

Speaking of the devil.

 Tao is now looking at her, as she tries her hardest to pretend that she was still napping.

She blew her bangs in distress and all of a sudden decided to stand up surprising her seatmates – mainly Xiumin.

“Youngie you okay?” Xiumin asked as he saw the distress from the boy’s face.

“Yeah Xiumin, I’m fine…I think I’ll just go to the bathroom” Sooyoung threw him a weak smile to which Xiumin hastily replied “You want me to accompany you Youngie?”

This made Lay and Chen who was chatting looked at Xiumin oddly, making the latter realized something else.

“I’m fine Minnie, I’ll be back soon” Sooyoung smiled awkwardly this time since she was sure she didn’t want to reveal her secret to any one than what Tao had found out.

“R-right…yeah okay” Xiumin stuttered as his baozi face went red as he waved towards the leaving figure of Sooyoung. 

Thoughts of the boy and him in the CR alone made him all more flustered as he tried to shake of the hormones that have been bugging him lately.

“Get a grip Kim Minseok” He had chanted silently to himself, not noticing someone had just left the classroom besides Youngsoh.

 

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

 

Sooyoung was about to reach the comfort room when someone had beat her to it and halted just centimeters in front of her.

Sooyoung  widened her eyes upon seeing who had just caught up to her.

“Tao-ssi” she breathed feeling the oncoming headache the boy sure will bring her.

“Why are you here? You didn’t answer me yesterday” he frowned.

Sooyoung sighed for the nth time that time.  She had barely escaped Tao’s inquiries yesterday night thanks to Xiumin who had looked for her.  But now there’s no way out.  Well from the very moment he had confronted her she knew that she was bound to explain her situation to him and hoping to the heavens that he will not squeal or else she’s dead meat.

“I…Tao-ssi…please promise me to not say anything to anyone okay?” she pleaded.

Tao huffed and nodded as he was ready to listen to the former’s explanation.

Sooyoung looked left and right before settling on the fact that no one was around before continuing her explanation.

She was nervous as she retold her story from punching Kris to her punishment to her crazy grandfather’s schemes and all.  Tao seemed to be quiet during the whole talk and Sooyoung can’t be too sure of what was going through the boy’s mind.

“That was it” she sighed again, this time looking directly towards the quiet boy.

“So what now?” Tao suddenly asked startling Sooyoung.

“What do you mean what now?” she had mirrored his question.

“I mean till when do you need to be like this?”

“Till my grandfather forgives me I guess” she shrugged.

They were again enveloped in an awkward silence before Tao had broken it again.

“Hey hyung…that punch was…” Tao halted making Sooyoung felt like a lump as formed on .

“…Daebak! Gege needed it for being such a jerk to Sica-noona” Tao had given her a thumbs up and a big smile that Sooyoung had felt relieved as she returned his smile.

“Thanks Tao-ssi your gege needs it badly…oh you knew Sica?” Sooyoung suddenly asked.

“Yes, Kris gege had introduced her to us, noona was the 2nd girl to be introduced to us among gege’s girlfriends so we thought she was the one” Tao smiled ruefully at this to which Sooyoung asked again.

“Why?”

“Well Gege had a past and we thought Sica noona had cured him from his memories of…”

“Youngsoh-ssi!”

Tao had halted when a sudden new comer jogged towards them.  Sooyoung on the other hand had raised her eyebrow upon seeing the new comer.

“Finally…I found…you…oh hi Tao” Baekhyun –who was to Sooyoung’s memories the wriggly creature – forced himself to stand straight as he took jagged breaths after much running.

“Hi Baek hyung…I better go now, uh bye too Youngsoh hyung” Tao bowed before the two before leaving them.

Sooyoung who was still thinking on what Tao had said earlier was a bit irritated because the wriggly creature had interrupted their talk.

“What now wriggly?” Sooyoung asked not even bothering to hide the irritation from her voice.

“Hey chill man, and stop calling me that geez” Baekhyun roll his eyes out of irritation, really wriggly? He was far from being wriggly as far as he was concerned.

“Okay fine fine…we may have started on the wrong foot…the name’s Byun Baekhyun by the way not wriggly and…sorry for shooting you yesterday” Baekhyun offered a small smile and a hand for Sooyoung to shake, to which the latter had look at the hand offered cautiously before shaking it.

“Yeah it was no biggie, I mean you actually missed me and you and your company looked funny” Sooyoung grinned upon remembering the events yesterday night.  It was really funny except that she almost drowned on that same night.

Baekhyun tried to smile despite the irritation that he was feeling how could this giant kept on mocking him, the great Byun Baekhyun?

“Fine finr, sorry for teasing you too. Kang Youngsoh, nice meeting you wriggly…I mean Baekhyun-ssi” Sooyoung had smiled ear to ear before Baekhyun and the latter couldn’t help but smile too quickly forgetting that he was pissed a while ago.

“So…why were you looking for me?” Sooyoung inquired.

“Oh…yeah, right.  Someone’s looking for you on the president’s office” he smiled.

“Oh…is the president in?” Sooyoung suddenly asked as she was ready to dash towards her grandfather.

“Oh the president’s not in…but someone’s there” 

At this Sooyoung was a bit disheartened upon hearing that, oh how she wish to befall her revenge upon her grandfather soon.

Oh wait.  Someone’s there for her…who may it be?

Baekhyun seems to feel her bewilderment and had patted her shoulders “Go on, that someone is waiting”

Sooyoung smiled and started to walk not before asking Baekhyun her last query.

“Hey how come you and not Suho-ssi has searched for me?”

Baekhyun had understood her question and shrugged “Since I’m the SC vice president, I am able to do the things Suho hyung does too”

“Oh…that’s great wriggly! See you later, thanks again!” she said before running towards the president’s office leaving a stunned Baekhyun alone.

 

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

 

Sooyoung entered the president’s room without even knocking excited to see who was looking for her.  To her amazement she had run towards the standing figure across the president’s table and hugged the person dearly.

“Sooyoung-ah~ it’s been a while” the person had smiled after he had set her down while patting her head.

Sooyoung pouted before fixing her now messed up hair.

“Oppa stop messing my hair! And what are you doing here? I thought you were in San Francisco?” Sooyoung asked.

“I came to visit…and was met with this strange news”

“Oh…you mean this right Siwon Oppa?” Sooyoung had stepped back and presented her new self…as a boy.

Choi Sooyoung was still a man hater even from before.  But there was always an exception to her rule, and Choi Siwon was one of those exceptions.

Choi Siwon was Sooyoung’s cousin from her father side.  And even when they were kids they were inseparable.  To Sooyoung her Siwon oppa would always be her knight in shining armor and to Siwon she would always be his baby sister.

Besides Choi Sooyoung was not a man hater at birth –it was only triggered by a painful accident – and Choi Siwon knew that, but he also knew that in time her baby sister would outgrow the feeling of hating men in general. 

And how he was looking forward for that time, but not now; not in this method, where his baby sister was forced in this whole fiasco.  He could only face palm and wonders how their grandfather’s brain really works.

Siwon sighed and placed a firm hand upon Sooyoung’s shoulder getting the latter’s full attention.

“Sooyoung-ah, come with me to San Francisco”

Sooyoung could only gulp in disbelief at the sudden invitation her Siwon oppa has thrown at her.

 

 


Author Notes:  Yo wassup~ Lol so hey I'm back with my latest chappie~ So I just want to say sorry to lovelyllona for not updating last week although I told you I'll update last week OTL anyway congrats on your ANDANTE beautiful story , check it our guys :3

ANNOUNCEMENT

so guys i got an idea from JSTFYI comment, and because of all of your support and awesomeness.  I decided that Sooyoung's next interaction with an exo member will be up to YOU! :3

The first one to comment who you want Sooyoung to have a moment with will be the EXO Member to be featured on the next updated.

So do comment it okay? along with your thoughts on the chapter :)

Big hugs to the New Subscribers:

 

ginaalala
cldcloud
KPOPLOVERS12
idontevencare

 

 

and a big Hug and Kiss to the newest upvoter:

 ♥lov3s_ang3l_19

 

Please Read, Comment, Subscribe and Upvote~ 
I Love You All! Thank You very much till the next update :3