03: The Pretense

The Rose among the Thorns

  03 | The Pretense
the act of pretending or a piece of make-believe.


 

The early morning breeze greeted Kris when he walked leisurely towards his destination – the president’s office.  Even after a few notable hours have passed since the incident with a certain Choi Sooyoung, Kris Wu’s mood hasn’t still change at all.

He still is irrevocably mad at the woman who dared to hurt his perfect face.  Not that he thought of the reason why she did that, but why would Kris Wu care when he’s the prime example of being a narcissistic arrogant jerk.

He never even cared if he had hurt the girls he have dated before, and Jessica was not an option.  He shrugged at the thought of Jessica and her barbarian friend.

Jessica was perhaps okay, he thought at some point, but he knew he was not ready for a steady relationship, and fooling around is less more complicated than being committed to one.  He also thought for a bit when Choi Sooyoung collided her fist with his nose, that he kind of admitted that he did deserved it for letting Jessica cry that much, when all he got from the girl is pure love.

He paused and widened his eyes as he realize where his thoughts were going, he shook his head vigorously and slap his face awake with both of his hands forgetting that his nose is still swelling badly.

“. Dumb nose…Stop it Kris, I swear were you just thinking about those silly thoughts? Were your head has been dismantled too when that barbarian hit you?” he asked himself, irritation was heard on his voice.

The almighty Kris Wu can never, and I say never should think that way.  He is perfect, and if he did something wrong then that’ll be the new ‘right thing’ in his dictionary.

 Kris snapped from his stance when a few students were looking oddly his way, he glared and strode his way back to his original destination.

“It must be the stupid bandage” he thought bitterly as he was nearing the president’s office.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

“Come in”

Kris turned the knob and entered the president’s office.  The sight that greeted him made him did a double take to really see if it was the president’s office, but the sign on the door said so.

The president’s office was now filled with bunny in different variety and colors.  He sighed knowing how strange the president can be and his not so secret obsession with bunnies too.

“How are you?” the president asked while he placed a small bunny figure on his desk.

“I’m fine now I guess, but it still hurts occasionally” he said in a flat tone.

The old man said his hmmmms as he was still focused on his bunny collection.  Kris got kind of bored and irritated because why the hell should he be here when the president didn’t even speak to him properly?

Kris was about to speak when the president beat him to it.

“Ms. Choi Sooyoung is now suspended, just saying this if you wondered what had happened to her.  And I guess that’s all?” The president smiled briefly before returning his attention to the bunnies.

Kris felt like his vain will pop up anytime, how could he get his revenge if she was suspended and nowhere to be found?  That was way too easy for a punishment! He concluded. 

“So what will happen to me?” Kris asked restraining the irritation he’s feeling.

“Nothing, you’re the victim here right, even though I heard you were a player and all that, but you’re still the victim nonetheless.  I just want to check on you” the old man shrugged.

What? How dare him, that old man.  Seriously if he wasn’t the president he would pry his head off right about now.

“Then I’ll take my leave” Kris stood from where he was sitting and aimed for the exit, but when he was about a few inches away from the door, the president spoke again.

“Oh and Kris-ssi, please call Suho-ssi on your way to class, tell him that I need to talk to him” he smiled and waved his hand to dismissed the man on the door.

And without hesitation Kris Wu walked out from the door, fuming.

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

“Today’s the day, rise and shine sweetie” Yuri shook Sooyoung awake and the latter frown.

“More like rise and rot. 5 more minutes” she huffed sleepily as she raised the blanket over her head.  But Yuri won’t stop there; so she went to her desk and open the drawer to get her special waking-the-lazy-butts weapon.

She positioned herself near Sooyoung’s head, and with one swift intake of air, she blew onto the whistle startling both Sooyoung and Yoona, jolting them up as they were on the same double deck bed.

“What the Unnie!” Yoona yelled from above as her head collided with the ceiling.

“You’re so dead Kwon Yuri” Sooyoung hissed and hastily get rid of her blanket to chase Yuri.

Yuri gulped and went out of the room immediately; as she run through the hallways with Sooyoung just a few feet back, she collided face first on the door when it was suddenly thrown open by a pissed Taeyeon.

“YAH! STOP RUNNING IN THE HALLWAYS ESPECIALLY IF IT’S THIS EARLY!” She yelled, Sooyoung stop on her tracks and quietly tried to tip toe back on her room.

Yuri tried to crawl away from the pissed Taeyeon when the said girl said with a threatening voice.

“Stop right there, the both of you”

Yuri who was on all four froze while Sooyoung who was a few centimeters away from the two halted and turned to her heel to face the pissed elder.

Sooyoung scratch her head and smiled awkwardly at the irritated girl, while Yuri slowly stood up from her crawling position.

“You two, seriously.  Every damn morning, what should I do with you two?” Taeyeon inquired exhausted as she arched her elegant eyebrow.

“We’re sorry Unnie” both girls bowed. 

Sure Sooyoung was not one to call her Unnies, Unnie.  But an angry or pissed Taeyeon is an exception to her book.  You just don’t know how scary this midget can be if you make her angry.

Taeyeon breathed a sigh and dismissed the two, which the two heaved an identical sigh of relief as they run back to their shared room.

Yoona stared at the both girls who just ran back, breathing in ragged breaths.

“I guess.  Taeyeon Unnie huh?”

“Good thing, we were spared today” Yuri voiced out in between ragged breaths that turned into breathless laughter with Sooyoung.

“Who was the kid now?” Yoona arched her eyebrow as she entered the bathroom to prepare.

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

“Seriously Sica, you never changed.  You were still a rock even after that entire ruckus” Yoona sighed as the girls were now on their dorm’s kitchen.  It was still early so decided to eat breakfast together since it’ll be like the last time to eat together.  Well until the president let Sooyoung have her life back that is.

Jessica yawned sleepily as she kept on poking on her cereals.  “Well you know me, my relationship with my bed is very good” Jessica then remembered Kris and she clucked in distaste.

“Yeah yeah we know” Sunny agreed as she take a mouthful of her Bibimbap.

“Unnie please refrain from speaking when eating” Seohyun gently corrected and Sunny turned red in an instant, giving the former her shy smiled.

“Here’s our uptight maknae again, psshhh you should really loosen up” Hyoyeon said as she stood up to refill her bowl.

“Let her be Hyo, you know that’s our cutie Seo’s charm” Tiffany said and gave Seohyun her eyesmile.

Seohyun smiled back and resume to eating her meal.


“By the way, you look great Soo” Taeyeon uttered.

“You’re right Tae, if I never knew she was a girl, I would go for her you know, such a hottie” Hyoyeon agreed as she returned to the table.

“Ewww Hyo! I’m a girl for pete’s sake and please you are not my type” Sooyoung exclaimed.

“Woah dream on girl or mangirl” Hyoyeon countered, laughing.

“But shouldn’t you be recognized by then Unnie?” I mean you just cut your hair but you’re still you” Seohyun asked.

“Yeah she’s right Unnie. Well everyone will still be shocked but if you look closely you are still recognizable” Yoona shrugged as she munched on her third bowl.

“That…what should I do then?”

Jessica stood up and disappeared for a while only to reappear with an object on her hands.

“How about you wear this Soo?” Jessica offered a lined fake glasses to her in which Sooyoung took grateful and wore it.

“Perfect!” Both Tiffany and Sunny squealed in delight.

Now she is not as much recognizable than minutes ago, Jessica is a genius.

“You’re all set to go Sooyoung, Fool them and return safely” Taeyeon smiled a toothy grin and offered Soo her thumbs up.

“Hurray for Sooyoung!” Both Yuri and Hyoyeon cheered while the maknae smiled at her unnies.

“I so love these dorks” Sooyoung smiled and hopes that she’ll return soon.

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

Sooyoung went towards the direction of her grandfather’s office; bags in hand and already in her required boy uniform.

After a few knocks she entered; not so surprise to see the office filled with bunny figures and an animated old man talking to an equally animated Suho.

The president cleared his throat and gestured Sooyoung to sit beside the young man.  Suho stood and bowed in sign of respect and Sooyoung also returned the favor.

When the two now sat beside each other and across the president, the old man spoke.

“So Suho-ssi, this lovely young man here is the new transferee I was talking about.  She…He’s Kang Youngsoh, my cousin’s grandson” the old man smiled.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes at the lame introduction, and also she thought how lame her grandfather was when he was about to expose her when it wasn’t still starting.

Suho smiled at the president and at the new comer.  He studied his frame and thought that he seemed familiar but dismissed it when he realized that this kid was still connected to the president nonetheless explaining the familiarity.

“I understand then I shall take good care of him.  And one thing…may I ask what happened about Ms. Choi, sir?” Suho asked oblivious to the slight paling of the two Chois present on the area.

“Ah that, well even though she’s my granddaughter, she’s still at fault, so I send her away for her to reflect on her wrong doings” the president beamed ever so creepily.

Suho nodded and smiled.  Both Choi sighing in relief.

“So…uncle?  Where should I place my bags then before class start?” Sooyoung who was now Youngsoh asked.

“Oh don’t worry, Suho has it all prepared, just let him guide you.  Well you two are both dismissed now, Suho-ssi please help Youngsoh-ssi okay?”

“Yes sir” Suho affirmed as both teens stood and bowed as they left the president smiling to himself.

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

The walk towards the dorm has made Sooyoung nervous.  This is really is it, she was pissed yesterday and bored earlier today, but really being in the moment can make her nervous.

There were a lot of questions running in her mind right now like ‘What if they recognize me?’ ‘What if I’ll expose myself’ ‘Why the hell did I agree to this?’

Oh wait, I never agreed to this, I was forced” Sooyoung muttered under her breath.

“Excuse me?” Suho asked as he stared at Sooyoung’s wide eyes.

“Ahh…hahahaha nothing Suho-ssi…Are we here yet?” Sooyoung laughed awkwardly as she replied in a forced deep tone.

Suho raised his eyebrow in suspicion, but let it go as he shrugged and point towards the door.

“Yeah we’re here. RM365A, so if you needed anything just call me okay, I’ll just be in the room next to yours, RM365B” he smiled and Sooyoung thought how gentle this young man’s smile was completely opposite to what Taeyeon’s keep on ranting about – but talk about that some other time.

Sooyoung smiled back despite her hatred and nonchalance towards the male population.  As strong as her hatred for men, is her sacred moral beliefs; and one of her beliefs is to be kind to those who shows kindness despite the person’s gender.

Suho left her on the door with a key in hand; she used it to open the room.  It was dark inside.

Great! She was overjoyed to know that her grandfather has not yet abandoned her.  This is the only great thing she has in this whole ordeal, having the room all to herself; No boys in her private quarters.

She threw her bags on the ground not bothering to open the lights and plopped herself on the comfort of her new bed.  She closed her eyes as she savored the last minutes before going to her now all boys’ class.

What she didn’t know was that a certain someone has just stepped out from the bathroom and opened the lights to see her lying there, in his bed.

“Yah! Who are you and what are you doing in my bed?”

The voice startled her as she hastily sat and opened her eyes, only to be faced to face with a semi , dripping wet, blond deer looking charmer.

“YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THEEEEEEEEE COVER YOURSELF HAVE YOU NO SHAME AT ALL?” Sooyoung screeched as she desperately covered her eyes from the wonderful sight, forgetting that she was in fact a he.

“What’s the matter here? Oh Luhan, I thought you were out?” Suho barged in the room after hearing Sooyoung’s scream.

“Who the hell is this person? He sounded like a girl, geez.  Yeah I was out but I felt stuffy from all the running so I decided to return back and have a shower, and then when I walked out I saw this creature” Luhan frowned at the petite boy who was still cowering in his bed.

“Oh that’s the new comer, he just entered school today, Kang Yongsoh” Suho smiled.

Hearing her other name, made her realize how stupid she was for reacting that way. She face palmed herself knowing that there was really no good things in this whole deal, so much of that hope.

She straightened herself and stood up to walked towards the half men forcing her eyes to just look at his face; she needed to do this, if she wanted to stay undercover that is.

“Sorry, you just startled me, Kang Youngsoh by the way” Sooyoung calmly stated, offering her hand for a handshake.

Luhan raised an inquisitive brow and shook his hands. “Luhan, Xi Luhan; its fine I guess, oh and that was my bed, the only available bed here is the bed above mine”

Sooyoung widened her eyes, which only means one thing.  Luhan caught her hesitation and decided to affirm her suspicion.

“Yep, we’re four now, you’ll meet them later girly boy” and he smiled turning his back to get his clothes and went back to the bathroom leaving a astounded Sooyoung there.

“Well good luck Youngsoh-ssi, you’ll need it” Suho said before leaving the room, failing to notice the smirk that was playing on the former’s lips.

Sooyoung’s stance broke by the sound of her childish ringtone, she scrambled for her pocket’s jeans and saw that it was a text for Jessica.

From:  Sica-chu
To:  Sooyoungie
Subject:  Are you still alive?

‘So how was the dorm Sooyoungie? Don’t forget to call us later okay? You have so much to tell us, okay? Hwaiting!
♥’

 

Sooyoung sighed and replied back in a swift manner before getting her bags and placing it on the bed above, not even waiting for the deer boy to reappear from the bathroom.

 

From:  Sooyoungie
To:  Sica-chu
Subject:  RE: Are you still alive?

‘Smiling SC president.  Half boy from the shower.  Plus two more disasters.  Everything’s great I’m gonna die. TTYL’

 

“Hwaiting Choi Sooyoung!…Hwaiting Kang Youngsoh!” she mumbled in a hushed voice as she walked out from the door but she still can’t help to feel helpless.

 


Author's Note: Ayoooo people, you know what? I totally love and adore you!  Seriously I value and treasure each of the comments and subsriptions.  And hey the upvote too really you guys warm my heart.  So here's a new chappy for you with virtual milk and cookies! So let me hear your thought on the new chapter, yeah?

Here's a shout out to the new subscribers /throw confettis in the air/:

♥pykaSY1310  
♥exowuyifans
♥Cororo
♥ilovechoisy
♥GuardianAngelSuho
♥akosiken
♥Lovingyoudeeply
♥nicolechoichris

And to those lovely people who upvoted this story /gives you a big virtual hug/

♥pykaSY1310
♥SY-JaeHa


Please keep on Reading, Commenting, Subscribing and Upvoting! You guys really are the sun to mu shine /what? O.o OTL/
Never mind me, See you at the next update! ♥