02: The Transformation

The Rose among the Thorns


                                  02 | The Transformation
change in form, appearance, nature, or character.


 

Sooyoung returned to her dorm room when her grandfather dismissed her.  She needs to prepare especially now that she’ll be entering hell tomorrow.

“Hey what’s up?” Yuri quickly went beside her friend the moment Sooyoung entered their shared room.

“I’m doomed for life” she sighed plopping herself straight to her bed, marveling the last minutes she has with her comfortable bed.

“Who’s doomed?” Yoona went out fresh from the bathroom.

“Eww Yoona, can you please close the door, the stink can be smelled from here” Sooyoung whined as she placed a blanket over the half of her face.

Yoona just laughed her signature alligator laugh “Deal with it unnie, That’s nature at its finest best!”

Yuri face palmed herself as she sprayed some citrus air freshener onto the bathroom, how could she be stuck with these two brats, she’s especially grateful that Sica went out somewhere or she wouldn’t know what she would do if the drama queen will join in the fun.

“Soooooo, what happened anyway unnie?” Yoona cleared as she sat at the edge of Sooyoung’s bed.

“You sarcastic redundant brat, of course it’s great! Not like grandfather threw me out of Genie High and be ship right into the pit of the underworld” Sooyoung rolled her eyes as she placed her feet on Yoona’s lap.

“Stop with the sarcasm Soo, so how bad was it?” Yuri asked as she paced back and forth in front of her dongsaengs.

“Are you expelled unnie?” Yoona asked in a much softer voice.

“No…” and both of the girls released a breath of relief they hadn’t noticed they’ve been holding on before.

“…But expulsion is a more appealing punishment to me than that”

“What exactly is your punishment then?” Yuri presses on.

“Be a freaking boy and transfer to SM High and all that” she said barely audible, just good enough to make both of the girls have their jaws hung wide open.

“Say What!” They both exclaimed and ranted things like ‘but you’re a girl?’ ‘Is your grandfather clearly gone nuts now?’ and other much vulgar words.

“So what’s happening here?” Taeyeon barges in the girl’s room when she heard of a fuss from her room next door.

“Taeyeon unnie, Soo’s gonna dress like a boy“…“She’ll be a secret spy agent!” both Yuri and Yoona exclaimed making Taeyeon furrow her brows in agitation.  She looked at Sooyoung on the bed and the said girl just smiled a weak smile.

“Wait stop speaking gibberish together, you’re confusing me.  First off Sooyoung’s always dresses as a boy so what’s new? No offense Soo…”she paused and looked at Sooyoung again while the latter just smiled said “None taken”

“…and secondly what secret spy agent are you talking about Yoona?”

“What in the world are you girl’s talking about?” it was now Tiffany, Hyoyeon and Seohyun who barged in the now crowded room.

“This kid tells me here that Sooyoung will become a secret spy agent” Taeyeon shrugged and both Tiffany and Hyoyeon laughed like crazy, while the maknae just giggled away.

“Yah! Yoona I know you’re weird but this is too much! And Sooyoung how in the universe could you be an agent, when you’re probably be discovered already while munching you’re way on a kitchen on some random mission” Hyoyeon hollered holding her sides as she can’t stop the laughing fit she’s caught in.

But the trio in question didn’t laugh and that made the new comers awkward and stopped laughing at once.

“So you’re not kidding?” Tiffany asked.

Sooyoung exhaled loudly and sat up “It’s nothing like that really; it’s just this idiot’s weird imagination.  But yep by tomorrow I’ll be transferring to SM High as a boy, don’t ask how it comes down to that, but that’s my punishment”

And again six jaws hung loosely in the awkward silence.

“So call me Kang Youngsoh by tomorrow okay?” Sooyoung finished and the other girls ran towards her.

“B-but unnie you’ll still be staying here right? Seohyun asked meekly.

“About that…nope, I’ll be living in their dorm as well, sigh I’ll be missing each one of you”

“What? How could president let you do that?” Taeyeon shrieked, she can’t let her precious dongsaeng to suffer on the boys’ stinky dorm, that punishment is too much.

“Why undercover? I mean you can just share class with them, but why go such length as pretending to be a boy?” Tiffany asked.

“I dunno, you know how crazy my grandfather’s ideas can get Fany, you of all people should know that” Sooyoung shrugged and Fany widened her eyes as she remembered how she broke the president’s favorite rabbit statue in her haste to go to her class that she neglect to see the president struggling with the big rabbit statue on his hands.  She was thus rewarded with a punishment by wearing an unflattering bunny costume and paraded herself on the school’s friendship grounds for 3 hours in 3 straight weeks.

She shuddered at the memory as she was nicknamed as Bunny Fany after that incident and both school’s has still remembered that humiliation of hers.

“That explains it” Hyoyeon shrugged and sat on one of the fluffy chairs on the room.

“So what will happen if you expose yourself?” Yuri asked all of a sudden breaking the dead air that floats above them.

“I…well I never thought about that, he never said anything regarding that either. But I’m pretty sure my pride, image and sanity will be breaking into pieces if they knew that I Choi Sooyoung pretended to be a boy, and worse I might got beaten up by that jerk”

“Jerk?” Jessica entered the room and found herself face to face with 7 blank faces.

“What’s going on in here? Is there a party or something?” she further asked.

“Nothing Sica, we’re just discussing about Sooyoung’s punishment” Yuri voiced out.

“Jessica looked at her best friend and she could not help but feel ashamed.  She never intended to side Kris earlier that day, it’s just that she panicked, and she hated to see someone hurt; much more seeing blood resulted kind of hurt.

The girls fill her in about Sooyoung’s crazy predicament and she couldn’t help but feel guiltier for her best friend, she stayed silent as tears formed in her eyes threatening to fall anytime soon.

“It’s not your fault, it was I who did it accordingly” Sooyoung mumbled as she glances at the now crying girl.

“But Soo, I’m so sorry! It’s my entire fault and now you’ll be facing the thing you hated the most”

“Well, at least I’m happy I broke the nose of that idiot, so it’s all worth it I guess” Sooyoung shrugged and smiled, Jessica then ran towards her and captured her in a bear hug.

The girls just smiled at the two’s friendship when suddenly a cute girl bobbed her head from the room’s door.

“Hey I’ve got food! Wanna eat?” Sunny bellowed oblivious to all the drama that happened inside the room.

“SUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNY?!!!!!” All the girls screeched when they noticed the once blonde bob of Sunny was now a shade of pink, forgetting momentarily about the drama.

“What? So who wanna eat?” Sunny presses forward as she stepped inside the room with a giant smile on her face turning her eyes into half crescents.

All the girls face palmed as they followed pinkish Sunny into the dorm’s dining room.

While Sooyoung can’t help but smile as she cherished this moments with her dorky friends, before all world crumbles by tomorrow.

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

“How the nose?” Luhan inquired as he sat at the edge of his bed.

After what happened earlier this morning Kris’ mood was sour.  Well who wouldn’t be, when he had this big annoying unfashionable white bandage smacked at the center of his once perfect face.

“It’s broken.  The doctor said it’s broken and that I have to keep on wearing this for 2 weeks. Luhan do you know what does that means? It means I’ll be looking like a dork for these agonizing 2 weeks” Kris whined.

Sehun who was just at the chair across the two looked up from his manga and rolled his eyes.

“Well that girl got you good then” Luhan smirked and dodge the incoming pillow of death thrown his way.

“That girl, I’ll get her to pay for this! Damaging my precious face like this” Kris gritted through his teeth.

“Well you kind of deserve it, Hyung” Sehun shrugged, eyes not leaving his manga while Kris desperately send his deadly glares at the young boy.

“You should have seen your face earlier, it was priceless” and Luhan laughed so loud that Sehun smiled while reading his manga.

“Shut up, and you maknae stop smiling! I will get my revenge just you see, she’ll be begging for her life!”

“Okay if you say so, but then what’s her name?” Luhan asked once the laughing fit subsided.

“That…uhm…all I know she’s friends with Jessica” Kris shrugged clueless at the girl’s identity.

“What a good start to push your plan Kris” Luhan smirked when maknae Sehun voiced something out all of a sudden.

“Her name’s Choi Sooyoung”

“How did you know?” Kris tossed an accusing look towards the still reading maknae.

“Don’t bother Kris, all you do is flirt with girls and forget their names after you break their heart.  It’s a surprise you still know Jessica-ssi’s name after all” Luhan waved and settled down beside Sehun.

“I do not, I’m not that heartless” Kris denied.

“Whatever hyung” Sehun rolled his eyes for the nth time and just shut his manga and turned to face Luhan.

“Hyung I’m bored and Kris hyung is so noisy, let’s have bubble tea now?"

“Yeah sure, I don’t want to get stuck with this drama queen too you know” Luhan nodded and stood up as the both of them walked out the door.

“Brats” Kris hissed and just lied down and let sleep take his aching nose away.

 

♥ (◕‿◕✿) ♥ ( ◉ɷ◉ ) ♥ (✿◕‿◕) ♥

 

Jessica accompanied Sooyoung on the school’s private parlor as the latter decided to just chop her hair off, not that she’s dramatic about it.

“Soo are you sure? Your hair, it’s very beautiful and it’s a shame to just cut it. How about just use a wig?” Jessica tried to reason out but her stubborn friend shook her head as she asked the hairstylist to give her a boyish cut.

“Nah, it’ll be too hot and uncomfortable, and besides I’ll do my best so maybe this torture will end soon” she smiled as she lay a comforting hand a top her friend’s.

“Hey…I’m really sorry” Jessica whispered.

“Yeah it’s fine” Sooyoung smiled as she watched the first set of strands of her being cut off from her.

She then closed her eyes as she knew it was now or never. 

If she’s going to go through with this stupid idea, then she’ll prepare and that hell hole won’t make her ever bend.

If it’s going to be this way, then she’ll fight.

When she heard Jessica’s gasp and the hairstylist signal that she was already finished.

Sooyoung opened her eyes and stared at her reflection from the parlor’s mirror.

She smiled that crooked smile and said “Welcome to this hell hole Kang Youngsoh

 

 


Author's Note: Hey people! Oh my gee, I'm so happy! You guys actually did read it! I so love love love you all! /throws virtual confetti at you/
Lol anyway here's a shout out for my lovely subscribers, you guys are the best! ♥
 

♥ lovelyllona
♥ SY-JaeHa
♥ johanboi
♥ youngiefm
♥ summerlovee
♥ Bobbbi
♥ youngvee

 

Keep on sharing your thoughts and do subscribe. PLease nourish my plot bunnies with your lovely comments and subscriptions ♥
Till next update! Adios! ♥