Dates

Change can be good

“Give it back!” Yunhee exclaimed as Eli was standing with one of her old love letters in his hand. “I didn’t know you had things like this.” Eli had a huge grin on his face as he extended his arm so Yunhee couldn’t reach the letter. “It’s none of your business.” Eli pushed Yunhee down on her bed and sat on top of her. “Let’s see what this is all about.” Yunhee made a nervous expression as she tried to get Eli off of her, with no luck. “Uh it’s for your sunbae. Do you have a crush on him?” Yunhee frowned. “No.” Eli raised his eyebrow. “Then how do you explain this.” Eli turned the letter around and pointed at a line Yunhee had written. “It clearly says that you are in love with him.” Eli flashed a sly smile as he moved his upper body closer to Yunhee’s. “It’s an old letter.” Yunhee just said in a neutral tone. “Why have you kept it then?” Yunhee shrugged. “Never gave it to him and for some reason I never threw it out.” Eli narrowed his eyes. “Are you sure you don’t still like him?” Yunhee nodded. “100% positive.” Eli smiled. “So you’re not off limits?” Yunhee didn’t like the tone in Eli’s voice. Eli leaned further down and locked eyes with Yunhee. “His face is so close…I don’t like where this is going… I need to do something.” Yunhee then got a sneaky idea and leaned up so her lips were only inches away from Eli’s. Eli was taken aback by Yunhee’s sudden move and almost jerked back. Yunhee then changed their position and flashed a superior smile. “You are way too easy.” Yunhee jumped off as she took the letter from Eli’s hand and threw it in the nearby trashcan. “Thank you for reminding me to get rid of the letter.” Yunhee smiled as she walked out of the room, leaving Eli lying with a stunned look on her bed.

“Yunhee.” Mr Kim called as Yunhee was on her way down the stairs. “Coming.” Yunhee walked into Mr Kim’s office with a smile on her lips. “You called?” Mr Kim nodded and gestured for Yunhee to take a seat. “You have been living with us for about a month now and well, I want to give you more responsibilities.” Yunhee just tilted her head, she didn’t quite understand. “You see.” Mr Kim started. “Ellison is on the verge of failing his finals and his teachers have given up on him. So have the tutors, including his brother.” Mr Kim stood up from his desk and started to pace back and forth in the room. “I’ve been told that you are the best student in school and that you are all the teachers’ first choice for a tutor.” Yunhee just shrugged. “I guess so but are you sure Eli would will agree to it?” Mr Kim gave a kind smile. “He was the one who asked me to ask you.” Yunhee raised her eyebrow. “But don’t tell him I said so. He told me not to tell.” Yunhee couldn’t help but laugh. “Unbelievable.” Yunhee looked up at Mr Kim. “I’ll do it.” Mr Kim sighed in relief. “Thank you.” Yunhee shook her head. “That’s the least I can do. After all, you are taking care of me for free.” Mr Kim patted Yunhee on the head as he warmly smiled.

“You have to tutor him?” Kevin looked surprised to hear that Eli was getting yet another tutor. “Yeah… I’m getting Hoon to help me out a little. I’m not quite sure how to deal with Eli.” Kevin nodded to show he understood her problem. “I’ve tutored him once, so has Soohyun and Kiseop. He’s a hard one.” Yunhee threw her body on her bed. “Urgh… I just hope this goes well. Mr Kim is counting on me.” Kevin crawled over and lay beside her. He looked at her with worried eyes. “Don’t let him trick you.” Yunhee met Kevin’s eyes and smiled. “I won’t.” Kevin gave a faint smile back. “If he did anything I would….” Kevin stopped himself and looked away from Yunhee’s chocolate brow eyes. Yunhee gave a confused look. “Would what?” Kevin shook his head. “Oh nothing… Just trying to look out for you.” Yunhee narrowed her eyes at him but let it go. “Don’t worry so much. I can handle myself.” Kevin chuckled. “Yeah I’ve seen that.” They laughed. “Now.” Kevin sat up and looked back at Yunhee. “Picture time.” Yunhee groaned in frustration. “Do I have too? Can’t you just use some other girl to pose in the new school uniform?” Kevin shook his head. “The school paper demands a beautiful model.” Yunhee blushed slightly from Kevin’s words. “It’s just a stupid paper.” Kevin gasped as he held his hand over his heart. “Stupid? The school paper is certainly not stupid!” Yunhee could help but laugh at Kevin offended expression. “Come here missy. It’s picture time.”

Yunhee sighed as Kevin just kept taking more and more pictures. “Are we done yet?” Kevin looked up from the camera. “Almost, just one more and… Done!” Yunhee let her body fall to her mini couch. “Thank god.” She exclaimed as Kevin just smiled at her. “These are great! I think you’ll make the front page.” Yunhee just glared up at Kevin as she sighed again. “Thank you Yunhee.” Kevin said with a voice full of aegyo. Yunhee just waved her hand. “Yeah, yeah.” Kevin sat down next to Yunhee with a pleased look on his face. Yunhee gently laid her head on his shoulder as she yawned. Kevin felt his heart jump and his face getting warm. “Yunhee?” Kevin looked down at the tired girl on his shoulder. “Mhm, what is it?” Yunhee raised her head so she could see Kevin’s angel like face. “Are you free this Saturday?” Yunhee tapped her chin as she was thinking. “I have to tutor Eli that day.” Kevin nodded in disappointment. “But I’m pretty sure that won’t take all day.” Kevin then got his happy face back. “Well then. Would you like to spend the afternoon with me?” Yunhee nodded as she flashed a breathtaking smile. “I would love to.” Kevin smiled. “It’s a date then.” Yunhee felt the blood rush to her cheeks. “A date? I’m going on a date, with Kevin… Okay then.” Yunhee bit down on her lip as she tried to get her mind around the fact that she was now going on a date with Kevin. Kevin could clearly see her expression and smiled to himself. “Time to get out of the friend zone.”

Yunhee waved goodbye to Kevin from her window. Yunhee had a weird feeling in her stomach as she watched Kevin walk away. She couldn’t quite pinpoint the reason, but she did have an idea. “I wonder how many girls who would want to be me this Saturday? I have to study with Eli, pretty much every girl wants to sleep with him. I have a date with Kevin, the guy who is pretty much every girl’s ideal type… Hmm… All of this feels a bit weird.” Yunhee got pulled out of her thought when two hands s their way around her waist. “What were you thinking about?” Yunhee jumped in surprise as Eli chuckled. She quickly jerked away but didn’t get very far, since her desk was in the way. Eli just slowly walked closer to Yunhee while smirking. “So you got a date, with Kevin?” Yunhee carefully studied Eli’s moves so she would be able to avoid them as much as possible. “And what if I do? Jealous?” Eli laughed in a mocking way. “Jealous of that little pretty boy.. No way.. I can get twice the amount of girls he can.” Yunhee hide a smirk. “Sounds like something a jealous person would say.” Eli narrowed his eyes as he walked uncomfortably close to Yunhee. “I’m not jealous.” He pressed Yunhee against her desk as he put his hands on either side of her. Yunhee felt her heart beat faster as Eli’s face closed up on hers. “I have nothing to be jealous of. You live with me, not him.” Yunhee swallowed hard as she met Eli’s playful eyes. He was quite y with that look in his eyes. When Eli’s lips were only a few inches away from Yunhee’s, he stopped and pulled back with a devious smile on his lips. “You look cute when you’re blushing.” Eli winked as he walked out of Yunhee’s room. Yunhee bit down on her bottom lip. “Aish.. I got played again.”

Yunhee was doing some chores when the doorbell rang. She went out to answer the door. Yunhee didn’t expect what she saw. “Thank you Yunhee.” Dongho’s voice was low and shy as she held out a bouquet of daisies. It took Yunhee a few minutes before she realised the situation. “Uhm wauw.. Thank you. It’s Dongho right?” Dongho nodded as Yunhee took the flowers and gestured for Dongho to come in. “How are you feeling?” Yunhee asked as she put the flowers into a vase. “My left side is still pretty sore but other than that I feel fine.” Yunhee nodded and flashed a smile. “That’s good then.” Dongho noticed the bandages around Yunhee’s neck and felt guilty. Yunhee noticed his look. “Don’t’ feel guilty. It was my fault. He was getting back at me and used you to do it.” Dongho looked really sad as he sat there on a kitchen chair, with his head looking to the floor. Yunhee walked over and raised his head with her left hand. “They don’t even hurt.” She flashed a warm smile. Dongho blushed slightly as he looked into Yunhee’s kind eyes. He gave a shy smile back.

“Are you trying to hook up with a first year?” Eli asked as he entered the kitchen with a grin covering his face. “Yunhee shot Eli an annoyed glare. “And what if I am? What is it to you anyway?” Yunhee put her arm around Dongho as she looked at Eli. Eli just chuckled and walked over to them. He took Yunhee’s wrist in a firm grip as he looked into her eyes. “What about you try a real man first?” Yunhee rolled her eyes. “I don’t see any real men here.” Eli narrowed his eyes and let go of Yunhee’s wrist and looked down to Dongho. “Don’t get too close to her. She sleeps with the entire male soccer team.” Yunhee’s eyes went wide. “YA!” Yunhee took her biology book from the kitchen counter and threw it at Eli’s head. He ducked it and just winked at Yunhee as he walked out of the kitchen. Yunhee turned to Dongho. “Don’t listen to him. He’s a big fat liar.” Yunhee patted Dongho on the shoulder. “I heard that!” Eli yelled from living room. “Well it’s true, fatty.”

Both Yunhee and Dongho could clearly hear Eli curse at Yunhee while mumbling that he wasn’t fat. Yunhee and Dongho laughed a bit as they looked at each other. “Sorry about that. It’s kind of every day routine.” Dongho shook his head. “I tease my brother like that all the time.” Yunhee looked at Dongho with curious eyes. “You have a brother?” Dongho tilted his head. “I thought Soohyun already told you.” Yunhee shook her head. “Well, Soohyun is my older brother.” Yunhee’s eyes went wide. “You are brothers?” Dongho just nodded as he rested his head in his palm. “I’ve never seen him so concerned about me before.” Yunhee sat down in front of Dongho. “Aish.. Now I feel even worse about getting you into trouble.” Yunhee made a sad pouty face as she ran her fingers through her hair. “Is there any way I can make it up to you two?” Dongho made a thinking expression. “Go on a date with my hyung.” Yunhee almost chocked on the water she was drinking. “What?” Dongho repeated his sentence. “But why?” Dongho then flashed a devious smile. “Hyung is very lonely.” Yunhee just glared at the younger boy. “Is it because he thinks I’m pretty?” Dongho nodded. “Noona is very pretty.” Yunhee glared once again. “How about I just spend a day at you house instead. I’m not really a dating person.” Dongho thought about it for a second and then nodded. “Deal.” Yunhee shook her head. “I can’t believe that is what you want me to do after I almost got you killed. It seems like an easy way out.” Dongho just shrugged. “I’ll get you back for it one way or another.” Dongho stood up and gave an innocent smile. “What is that supposed to mean?” Yunhee stood up and followed Dongho as he was about to leave. “You’ll see when you come and visit us.” Yunhee now made a worried face. Dongho turned around and gave her a cute smile. “See you soon noona.” Yunhee just stared at the door Dongho just walked out of. “What did I just get myself into?”