Bonding

Change can be good

“I’m sensing you are a girl who likes strawberry sauce.” Yunhee smiled. “You are pretty smart aren’t you?” Soohyun shrugged while smiling. “Not really.” Soohyun was in the middle of opening the sauce when the doorbell rang. Soohyun quickly went to open the door and to his surprise, Eli was on the other side. “Hey there hyung.” Eli waved his hand. “Is Yunhee here?” Soohyun raised his eyebrow at him. “Yes she is.” Eli nodded. “Can I speak with her?” Soohyun moved so Eli could enter. “Yunhee it’s for you.” Soohyun yelled and gave Eli an annoyed look. “It’s your house mate.” Both guys heard Yunhee groan in frustration as she made her way to the front door. “What is it? Eli just sweetly smiled at Yunhee and held out his hand. “You are coming home with me.” Yunhee frowned. “No I’m not.” Eli narrowed his eyes. “While my parents are gone I have authority over you and I’m telling you to come home with me.” Yunhee placed her hands on her hips in a sassy way. “Why do you want me to come home?” Eli made an annoyed face. “Why can’t you just do as I say?” Yunhee sighed. “Because I’m spending time with Soohyun and it’s actually pretty cosy.” Eli rolled his eyes. “You are being like this because of the other night, aren’t you?” Since Soohyun had no idea what had happened, he just stood silently and looked at them. “And what if I am? I can keep this up for quite some time.” Yunhee groaned. “Stop being so jealous all the time! You are not my boyfriend.” Eli gritted his teeth and took Yunhee’s wrist. “I’m taking you home by force then.” Eli looked to Soohyun. “I’m sorry but this girl is going home now.” Soohyun eyes went wide. “Well this is a new side of him.”

“LET GO!” Yunhee yelled as Eli kept dragging her down the street. “Nope.” Eli coldly said and tightened his grip. Yunhee wiggled her wrist but nothing happened. “The hard way it is then.” Yunhee twirled around, twisting Eli’s arm so he would let go. “Ouch!” Eli exclaimed as he held a hand over his shoulder. “I told you to let go.” Yunhee just plainly said and fixed her hair. “You weren’t fair to Soohyun oppa.” Eli just rolled his eyes. “I don’t really care.” Yunhee cursed Eli under her breath. “I was actually trying to pay back a debt and you completely ruined it.” Eli rolled his eyes again. “Well if you are so fixed on repaying that debt, why haven’t you repaid me yet?” Yunhee crossed her arms over her chest. “Because I don’t like you.” Eli frowned. “I’ll make you like me. One way or another.”

When they got home Yunhee wanted to take a shower. “Don’t you have an extra practice tonight? Why take a shower before that?” Eli asked as Yunhee found some clean clothes. “No it got cancelled because our coach and goalkeeper are sick.” Eli just nodded and watched as Yunhee went to the bathroom. He smirked when he noticed that Yunhee didn’t lock the door. “Oh now you are asking for it.” Eli leaned against the wall and listened as Yunhee the water. Eli silently entered the bathroom with his lips curved upwards. “Let’s just get rid of all these clothes.”

Yunhee frowned as she looked at the place where her clothes used to be. Only her underwear was left. “Freaking jerk.” Yunhee quickly got in her blue lace underwear and sighed. “Now I just need to get to my room before he sees me… Urgh he’s probably waiting outside the door.” Yunhee bit her lip and looked at the door. “No I’m not outside of the door.” Yunhee jumped as Eli appeared behind her. “Nice underwear.” Eli said with a smirk and came closer. Yunhee took her towel and covered her body. Eli chuckled “I’ve already seen it all and I must say, your body looks amazing Yunhee.” Yunhee felt a blush creep up on her as she clenched her hands around the towel. Yunhee grabbed the doorknob but Eli had locked the door and before she could unlock it, Eli had her wrist in a firm grip. “I don’t think so.” Eli smirked and ripped the towel out of Yunhee’s hand. “I really like this set.” Eli huskily said and looked down at Yunhee’s body. Yunhee’s face was turning red as her mind was completely blank. “No smart comment or violent act?” Eli teasingly asked and forced Yunhee against the door.

Eli stared intensely into Yunhee’s eyes, slowly moving his face closer to hers. “You shouldn’t have teased me the other day.” Eli moved some of Yunhee’s bangs away from her face. Yunhee wanted to push Eli away but her body didn’t listen. “This is the wrong time to be a statue Yunhee! Why can’t I move?” Eli pressed himself against Yunhee’s body and pinned her hands above her head. “I’m gonna step my game up now… Make sure you are ready.” Eli whispered while smirking. He moved her away from the door and gave her a gentle on the neck. “You are in charge of dinner by the way.” Eli unlocked the door and left. Yunhee stood back with a flustered face and stared at the now open door. “.”

Yunhee leaned against the kitchen counter as she sighed. “Stepping up his game… What does he mean by that? Is he gonna be more physical? Follow me around everywhere? Aish! I have a feeling this will ruin my social life.” Yunhee pouted as she looked at the soup she was preparing. Yunhee took out her phone and called up Kevin. “Kevin? I need advice of some sort.” Yunhee heard rustling, like a person was getting out of bed quickly. “Advice? What did Eli do to you?” Yunhee bit down on her bottom lip. “Well you see…” Yunhee started to explain the day’s situation as Kevin silently listened. “For once in my life, I’m actually scared of a guy.” She couldn’t see Kevin but she knew he was frowning. “I would’ve come over but as you know, I’m not at home.” Yunhee sighed. “It’s okay… I’ll just beat him up if he comes too close.” Kevin chuckled. “Yeah you do that.” Yunhee smiled. “I still need to make up for that ruined date with you… When you get back home would you go out with me, again?” Kevin made a small giggle. “Of course.” Yunhee’s smile turned into a big grin. “Daebak. I’ll see you in a few days then. Have fun at your aunt’s.” Yunhee hung up. She looked at the soup again and frowned. “Better call Eli down.”

Dinner went by in silence and none of them looked at each other. The feeling was awkward. “You have a match tomorrow, right?” Yunhee asked and looked at Eli. Eli just nodded. “It’s the same time as your soccer practice, so sadly you can’t cheer me on.” Yunhee glared at him. “Like I would ever cheer you on.” Eli just sweetly smiled at her and stood up. “Thank you for the meal. Could you by any chance help me with my math homework when you are done here? I’m kind of stuck.” Yunhee just nodded and started to gather the plates. Eli smirked as he looked at Yunhee walk into the kitchen. “Time to step up the game.”

Yunhee took her time with cleaning up, since she wanted to spend as little time as possible in Eli’s room. As she placed the last plate in the cupboard she heard Eli yell out her name. “Why is it taking so long? I need this done now so I have the weekend off.” Yunhee rolled her eyes and headed upstairs. Yunhee quickly went to change into her nightwear before entering Eli’s room. She felt more comfortable like that. “So how much do we need to do?” Yunhee asked as she entered Eli’s room. As she looked towards Eli’s desk, her eyes went wide. Eli was sitting in his sweatpants, without a shirt on. “Why aren’t you wearing a shirt?” Yunhee exclaimed and stared at Eli’s back. Eli turned to face her and as soon as he did, Yunhee turned away. “It’s too hot tonight.” Eli plainly said as he rested his elbows on his thighs. “Why are you wearing you pyjamas?” Yunhee kept looking the opposite way of where Eli was. “Because this is really comfortable and I think it looks cute.” Eli chuckled. “It does look cute but I know your underwear is cuter.” Yunhee felt blood rush to her cheeks. “If you want my help.” Yunhee started. “Put on a shirt.” Eli got up from his desk and walked to his closet. “Blue or green?” He asked and looked back at Yunhee. “Green.” Yunhee answered without even looking at the two shirts. Eli simply just nodded and put the shirt on. “Happy now?” Yunhee glanced at Eli and made a relived sigh. “Now what do you need help with?”

“Are you not listening on purpose?” Yunhee asked as she for the 6th time showed Eli the same calculation. “What is the point of me helping you if you are just gonna stare at the paper like that?” Eli innocently looked Yunhee in the eyes. “It’s not just the paper I stare at.” Yunhee wanted to say something but Eli caught her off. “Since it’s Friday night and I don’t have any appointments… Would you like to watch some movies together? There is this place down the street where you can rent movies and they don’t close until 1am. We could go down and pick a few out.” Yunhee was taken aback by Eli’s suggestion. She blinked a few times. “Uhm.. Sure… Uhm I’ll just go change, again.” Eli nodded and watched Yunhee walk out of his room. “How did my plan to seduce her turn into a movie night? What the heck is wrong with me!?”

“Anything is fine, as long as it’s not a chick flick.” Yunhee said and looked at the quite big selection of movies. “Oh I’ve always wanted to see this.” Yunhee pointed to Death Bell 2. “I thought the first one was pretty fun.” Eli glared down at Yunhee. “Fun?” Yunhee just nodded. “You are such a strange girl.” Yunhee just agreed and took the film. “I’ll wait outside while you pay.” Yunhee said and walked out of the store, into the warm night. It took a few minutes before Eli came out as well. As they walked back home, the faint sound of thunder could be heard from the sky. “Was that thunder?” Yunhee nervously asked. “I think so. Why, are you scared?” Eli teasingly poked Yunhee’s side. “Me scared? No way!” Yunhee made an X with her arms. “Okay then.” 

They had been watching about an hour of Death bell 2 when Yunhee had to use the bathroom. Eli paused the film and patiently waited for Yunhee to return. Eli listened as rain started to hit his bedroom window and soon after the clear sound of thunder erupted. Eli looked at the lightning flashes and sighed. “What is taking her so long?” Suddenly the power shot off and the house was covered in darkness. “Better go find a flashlight.” Eli got up and went to one of his desk draws and took out a small flashlight. “This will have to do.” He then went to the hallway and walked over to the bathroom door. “Yunhee?” He knocked. “Are you in there?” No response. “Yunhee?” He called out her name a little louder and turned the doorknob. To his surprise the door wasn’t locked. “Where the hell is she?” As Eli was about to walk downstairs, his flashlight died. “Aw man!” Eli exclaimed. “And I don’t even have my phone on me.” Eli sighed in frustration. Suddenly he heard a faint whisper from Yunhee’s room. “I’m okay… I’m not afraid… I can get through this. Just like all the other times… I’m not afraid…” Yunhee’s voice sounded more and more shaken up the closer Eli got. “Yunhee?” Eli slowly entered her room and saw Yunhee sitting curled up in the corner of the room. The lightning flashes provided just enough light for Eli to notice that, Yunhee was actually crying. Eli had never seen her this way. She didn’t even look this terrified when Taejoon had a knife pointed at her. Eli felt as if he needed to protect her and hold her.

Eli slowly approached Yunhee as he carefully studied her. Eli kneeled before her and placed his hands on her knees. “It’s okay.” Eli caringly said and looked into Yunhee’s puffed eyes. “You aren’t supposed to see me like this. No one is.” Eli moved his hand to caress her cheek. Yunhee just stared at him with sad and scared eyes. A loud bang came from outside. Yunhee whimpered and immediately wrapped her arms around Eli and clung to him like a wet shirt. Eli carefully placed his arms around her as well. “There there.” Eli her soft hair. “Eli I’m scared.” Yunhee’s low fragile voice almost made Eli feel sorry for her. “There is nothing to be afraid of, okay? I’m here.” Eli couldn’t believe what was happening to him. “I don’t comfort people. What is wrong with me today?” They kept their position for quite some time and every time thunder could be heard, Yunhee tightened her grip around Eli. Even though he didn’t know what to do and all this was kind of new to him, he still felt comfortable holding Yunhee tight. “Eli?” Eli looked into a pair of cried out eyes. “Thank you.” Yunhee snuggled up to his chest while a small blush appeared on Eli’s face. “What is this feeling?”