Eli's confession

Change can be good

Yunhee sat in the bathtub with closed eyes, humming along to a melody on the little radio that stood on the counter and swayed her fingers to the beat, chuckling once in a while at herself before she gasped when Eli started banging on the door. “Ya! Are you gonna use all day in there, I have places to be” He almost growled in annoyance and Yunhee simply smiled. “You should have woken up earlier then, it’s not my fault you are slow.” She grinned and leaned back again with a hum, while Eli frowned at the other side of the door before he kicked it and walked downstairs. He could of course just used his parents bathroom but it was a rule that no one but his parents used it and even though Eli liked breaking rules, the house rules was some he didn’t; he respected his parents after all. “Why is she even using so much time? Is she going somewhere?” He started to wonder, since she never really took long showers unless she was going out. “Wait.. Isn’t Kevin back now?” A deeper frown and almost jealous look covered his face. “Of course she is pampering up for him.. Aish.” He ruffled his hair before he disappeared into the game room, wanting to play some video games to pass the time and not think about Yunhee or Kevin for that matter, and certainly not them together.

An hour passed before the bathroom was finally free and Yunhee was looking as pretty as ever in her simple style. Hair in a messy bun; a pair of tight yellow jeans shorts, a nice white button up shirt which was rather feminine, plus some leather bracelets and then natural yet feminine makeup. She looked over herself with a pleased look before she headed down stairs and yelled out. “I am done!” Eli immediately came out as if he had been waiting and stood still for a second as he looked over her with big eyes. “You look.. nice” He nodded and looked at her. “Really nice.” Yunhee could feel herself being a little extra giddy as Eli complimented her outfit but ended up simply smiling. “Well thank you, I am also going out with Kevin.” Eli immediately felt a groan bubbling in his throat before he nodded. “Sounds fun, I hope you two love birds enjoy the summer weather.” He rolled his eyes before he got a small idea that made him smirk. “Where are you even going?” Yunhee slightly tilted her head in confusion as she saw his smirk and narrowed her eyes lightly. “Just going out for lunch at the new café down town. Why do you ask?” Eli smiled and shrugged his shoulders. “Just curious.” He disappeared upstairs while Yunhee stood back, blinking her eyes. “huh?”

Yunhee forced herself not to think more about Eli and what he might have planned and instead sat on the kitchen counter, waiting for Kevin to arrive so they could go together. It didn’t take long for the doorbell to ring and Yunhee quickly ran to open the door, smiling widely. “Hello.” She chuckled before looking at Kevin who was looking as handsome as always. “Hello pretty lady.” He laughed before holding out his hand for hers. “Are you ready for hopefully a none fail date?” Kevin asked while Yunhee placed her hand in his. “Yes, though I do worry of course.” She glanced behind herself and called out. “I’ll be leaving now, see you later.” She then turned her full attention on Kevin, making their way to the café.

Eli watched them walk off from his window, smirking as he tapped the glass. “So a none fail date.. I don’t think so.” He chuckled before he took out his phone, calling a friend of his which he knew could mess it all up and hopefully make Yunhee come running back home, so he could have her to himself. “Hey there my friend.. He’s back now, care to make your move? Oh come on.. You two are still meant for each other and everyone knows it… Plus, I think Kevin missed you.” He talked for almost half an hour to his mysterious friend before he hung up and sat on his bed. “hmm.. This ought to be interesting.” He chuckled before slightly biting his lip. “Aish.. This might not be good.. She might hate me if she knew I made it happen but, she would probably not want to date him so that means mine.” He nodded to himself with a slight cheeky grin, thinking about how it would be if Yunhee dated him and if they would change at all. One thing was for sure though, he was madly crushing on her now and he needed to find a way for her to notice his feelings without him messing up.

The date was going smooth and they had talked for hours and both had lunch and dessert. “Are you serious? That’s so lame!” Yunhee laughed happily as she listened to Kevin talk about how he and his cousin broke a bench in church, by accident of course. “We had to help the groundskeeper for three days to make up for it.” She chuckled before leaning back, humming slightly. “Ahh today has so far been fun” She nodded and so did Kevin until their little moment was suddenly ended by a tall pretty looking boy with black hair that looked at them both. “J-Jun..” Kevin stared at the boy with wide eyes as he bowed politely. “I’m sorry if I interrupted a meeting but I really have something urgent to talk with Kevin hyung about, can you excuse us please?” Yunhee simply nodded and watched the two walk a bit away from the table, silently observing them talk from her seat and before she knew it, her hand was over as he watched the two share a deep kiss. She had to look away as the kiss seemed to keep going and felt a small pang in her heart. She really liked Kevin and was actually sad that he had someone else, which was a guy on top of it all. “At least it wasn’t my fault this time.” She mumbled before trying to seem happy as Kevin returned with the boy that seemed to be younger than her. “I’m so sorry Yunhee. I can explain.” Kevin tried to apologize while Yunhee simply raised her hand. “Kevin.. Don’t. It’s okay.” She smiled softly before standing up as she looked at Jun. “You better make him happy or I will kick your , trust me, I can do that.” She poked a finger on his chest before smiling and bowing to them both. “Call me later when you two have caught up.” She chuckled and turned her back on them, quickly walking away and ignoring Kevin calling her name.

She had walked straight home and into her room, closing the door and then placed herself on her bed with a hand over her head, blocking the light from outside from meeting her eyes. “Rejection . Well at least I only need to worry about one guy now.” She glanced at the wall the separated her room from Eli’s and groaned. “I don’t want to worry about him” She whined and rolled around until a knock on the door came. “Leave a message after the bib.” She called and threw a pillow on door so it made a small thud. “I am guessing the date failed?” Eli spoke back before Yunhee slowly got up and opened the door to him. “Yes.. He’s gay.” Eli gasped. “He’s gay? What gave it off? His thin body or perfect skin or maybe the feminine wrists, fingers and face?” He teased while walking in, earning a hard punch on his arm from Yunhee when he sat on her bed. “This is not funny.. I really liked him.” She sighed and moved to sit down on the couch. “I am only telling you this because I have no friends so don’t take it like I suddenly like you..” She curled up on the couch and rested her head on Eli’s lap after he had sat down as well. “I wouldn’t have thought that so don’t worry dear.” He laughed and ran his fingers through her hair, after having taken out her bun so her silky hair fell in his thighs. She had to admit that the feeling of being caressed by Eli was quite pleasant and made her close her eyes. “Jun was even really good looking too, like really really good looking.” She pouted. “Why are all the good guys gay?” Eli chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. “Because guys like me won’t get love otherwise.” Yunhee couldn’t help but chuckle as she heard his statement. “Oh come on, plenty of girls like you, guys only like me for my looks, I am not really girly enough for most of them.” She slightly poked his knee. “You are for me.” Eli whispered, making Yunhee’s eyes blink before she sat up. “What?” She looked at Eli with big eyes. “I said..” He looked back at her while he leaned close, cupping one of her cheeks while gazing into her brown eyes. “You are for me.. Yunhee you don’t need to be girly all the time, the ‘you’ I know by now is perfect.” Yunhee didn’t say a word as she stared at him, feeling her heart race a little from how he looked at her. “You are simply breath taking like this and I..” He paused and looked down before looking back into her eyes. “And I am freaking falling for you.”

Yunhee’s eyes got wide as she looked at Eli in shock but suddenly putting the pieces together. She had always thought he was teasing her just to play with her and just being nice to fool her but right now, that didn’t seem like what had been happening. The honest and sincere tone in his voice made her somehow believe him for the first time. “You.. But.. Why?” She blinked her eyes as Eli rested his forehead on hers. “Because you are everything I want in a girl, nothing like the girls that always come to me. You are different, feisty, fun, a great cook and you look absolutely stunning every day. Yunhee I just.. I can’t stop thinking about you, wanting to hold you, kiss you and make sure you don’t end in anyone else’s arms. I want you all to myself because I really really like you.” It was like her heart was going on overdrive from all the words that slipped his lips and she felt her cheeks heat up. “Eli..” She didn’t get to say another word before Eli’s lips connected with hers, kissing her deeply while she grabbed onto his upper arms, feeling her heart skip a beat from the electrifying feeling that suddenly filled her body and at that moment it was clear to her. She had really fallen for him but how would she ever admit it?