Chapter 9

I'm not okay

Your POV

The anger inside me when I saw Woohyun was boiling, but the fear was literally making me shake. The trauma of last night made me want to burst out in tears and run into a corner when Woohyun's eyes made contact with mine. Out of all people, it just had to be the one person I trusted the most, but the worse in my story is still yet to be told. 

The fear that was running through me made me speechless as the terror made my body numb and unable to speak. 

----

Woohyun's POV

The terrified look in her eyes is tantalising me as I walked towards her. She avoided eye contact and slowly turned her body. I stood beside the bed, confused at what she was doing. She pressed a button on the other side of her bed and a nurse came running in to help lift her off the bed. I stood there in utter shock as she was slowly transferred onto a prepared wheelchair. After the nurse left, she wheeled herself towards the open window, facing her back towards me.

----

Your POV

The silence between us used to be treasured, but now...it's just awkward and tense. I could feel the tears beginning to well up at my eyes as I remembered the image of last night, the men's rough hands, the jagged feeling on my waist as they abused me, the hot tears that stained my face last night, along with the random splatters of blood left on my body as it was thrown harshly on the concrete floor.

"How's it in here?" Woohyun asked as if nothing happened.

----

Woohyun's POV

Her response was pure silence as her hair was slightly blown in the wind, revealing the stitch she had to get on the left side of her jaw. I analyzed her body, looking for the damage done.

Her leg must have got injured along with her arm and a few other bruises. I guess she hasn't been hurt as much as I thought when I saw her last night.

"Come on, speak up a little. it's not like we're strangers or anything." I said, trying to keep my cool.

Minji stayed quiet as she listened to the children play outside.

"Is..is the..is the baby.." I began stuttering.

----

Your POV

"Yeah, the baby's gone. She's really gone Woohyun." I said, looking up to him with a maniac smile.

----

Woohyun's POV

"I didn't need you to take care of the baby. i really didn't. I, I just thought you wanted to build a family together." she said, beginning to tear.

"I already told you that I didn't like yo-"

"Did you have to go to that extent? Fair enough you didn't like me anymore, or ever liked me, but to go to the extent of killing an innocent human being is just too much, don't you think?" she asked, her voice shaky.

"I didn't want you to use it against me later on!" I said and just realizing what I just said.

"Just because your feelings weren't true doesn't mean mine wasn't." she said, wiping her cheeks.

"Such a lovely scene to see, isn't it Woohyun?" Sohee asked, walking in.

----

Your POV

I turned around to see Sohee walking towards me.

"I dare you to speak a word of this to anyone," she said, grabbing my collar tightly, "I would like to see Mina go through what you did." she said, letting me go.

"GET OUT! GET OUT!!!" I screamed, losing my mentality at that point.

She walked out with Woohyun, linked arms, when the nurses rushed in to calm me down.

And that was the last time I ever saw them. It took me a few weeks to begin walking normally again and use my other injured body parts. After recovering phsyically, it was time to begin healing mentally. I've been to a few counselling sessions and that helped me out a little.

I got back on track with life and was able to pick up at uni again, and even scoring a part time job as being the manager for a cafe near by. My parents still didn't know of what happened, they just  thought I got into a car accident. Mina's studying hard so I couldn't really talk to her much lately. I made a few friends, a close male friend in particular. Kim Kibum (a/n: key of shinee for those who don't know~~). 

"Hey, girl, are you alright now?" he would ask every day.

"Kibum, I'm fine." I would say everyday as if I'm annoyed, but I'm grateful that someone at least cares.

He would come over often and do my nails while we talk about the past and cry to movies together, enjoying the chocolate ice cream. He's a friend that I thought I could never have, as if God granted me him because of my sufferings. Kibum and I cried together when i told him about the night that I got . He never mentions it, but always make sure that he walks me home, even if he lived far from me.

A year after being his friend, I did begin developing some feelings for him, but it was obvious that he wasn't interested. Even if we seem like a couple, he's dating someone, and I can tell you straight up that I am damn jealous of her. If only i had found a guy like him first aye?

Anywho, it was just another of uni and I was getting ready to go to work. Uni was definitely tiring, not just because I had to carry a book that weighs like 10 kgs, but also because it was tough to understand everything since they go through the course so quickly. 

Finishing work, I went to wash my face, refreshing myself a little.

"Hey, I need to leave. Like, right now. I'm so sorry I can't walk you home today! I promise I'll buy you soemthing nice! K bye!" Kibum said, rushing into the ladies restroom and giving me a quick hug before running outside.

Laughing at his silliness, I closed the store and walked outside and caught a cab home. Business has been good lately, so my pay rise has been increasing. I've been looking into apartments that would suit for me and Mina. 

Walking towards the door steps of my house made me feel a little weird for some reason, as if something bad is going to happen.

"Minji-ah, Minji. Minji, I, I, I need your help." Woohyun's shaky voice echoed in the night as he grabbed tightly onto my arms.

I instinctively pushed him away, trying to get inside.

"Listen, listen, I need your help. I've just killed my step father." he cried, begging for me to stay back and listen.

I froze in position as I remembered his dad angry's expressions whenever I came over. He would always beat Woohyun, sometimes, so bad that he had to be taken to hospital. He never treated Woohyun's mother well and would always bring other women over, and I guess Woohyun finally became a man and did something abou the bastard.

And then, i found myself catching a cab with Woohyun to the crime scene. He explained to me that the bastard kept abusing his mother and almost stabbed her as well, but Woohyun distracted him and somehow killed the man.

"Well, what do you want me to do?" I asked, looking at him.

"I, I don't know. But I can't get in jail, I really can't. I have to take care of my mother. If I go to jail, they'll never let me become a teacher. Minji-ah, what do i do?" he asked, his words getting jumbled with his tears.

I went inside his bathroom and took a towel, wiping the knife and any other traces.

"What are you doing?" he asked, confused.

"Go, take your mum with you, and leave." I said.

"What? But why? They'll still find me." he said.

"I already cleaned the traces, I'll just say it's me. Hurry up and leave." I said.

"But, you'll never be able to be a lawyer." he said.

"It's alright, I'll figure something out." I said, forcing him to leave.

Why? Why did I do that you may ask. Well, once you fall in love, you turn into an idiot, and honestly, i already knew I had lost everything anyways, but Woohyun, he still has a lot to do.

"No, she'll never do such a thing. She can't even kill a fly, why would she do that?" mother sobbed while dad tried to keep a straight face and Mina was trying to comfort mother.

"Mum, it's okay, I'll be back out before you even know it." I said, turning my back to her.

The two police men took hold of each of my arm, leading me to the prison cell that I would soon be spending the next few years of life at. I looked around and everyone had a mean and tough look. Some had scars and some had tattoos, some, both.

I was petrified of them, but imagine how the men must look.

"What's a scrawny girl like you ought to do?" my cell buddy asked.

"I, I, I killed someone." I stuttered.

"Who? What? Don't lie to me." she said, sneering at me and spat right at my face.

And funny enough, that tough chick became the closest person I had.

"Someone's here to visit you." the guard said in a monotone voice like last week, showing me the way out.

"How are you? Are they feeding you well in there?" Woohyun asked, looking concerned.

"I'm fine." I smiled, as if everytime I saw him coming to visit me, all his wong doings against me were forgiven.

But our conversations were always kept short and it was only a weekly thing that he visited.

"Where's the bloody bastard?" MinHee asked, (a/n: minhee is your friend here~)

"He's probably busy!!" I said, trying to calm her down.

"yeah, that's what you told me the last three weeks when the didn't come and visit." she said, shovelling down the rice.

"You know, he's really an ungrateful person, considering you took the blame for him and he doesn't even come and visit you." she said, mouth full of food.

"If your mouth wasn't stuffed, everyone would hear. Shut up!" I said, glaring at her.

"Tch, I know you. You're pissed off at him for not coming too." she said, taking another spoon full of rice.

"No I'm not, he can come visit if he wants." I said, trying to eat but already lost my appetite.

Mihee's right, I do want to see Woohyun, and I've been worried sick the past few weeks. Is he doing well? Where has he been? Is he with Sohee? I sighed and placed my chopsticks down.

"You gun eat that?" Minhee asked looking at my tray of food.

I pushed it towards her, who enjoyed the meal so happily it was as if she hasn't eaten in years.