Chapter 20

I'm not okay

Mina's POV

Seungjo slept peacefully on the bed, his lips curved into a slight smile, reminding me of Myungsoo.

I twirled the glass of alcohol gently, careful not to spill any. I looked out at the horizon, the waves kissing the shore gently. It's nice to get some fresh air after what just happened. I can't help but think about back then. 

During the times when Minji and I were hiding, it was such a struggle, I'm glad that she's my sister, I can't ask for a better sister than her. 

The first time I met Myungsoo was when I walked with Minji to school. He walked by and never have I been so awe struck in my entire life. Besides of course, when I found out he was Minji's boyfriend.

I know, how could i bear to shatter my sister by stealing her love? But I saw him first! I fell for him first, and she had a thing for Woohyun back then anyways. I sighed and chugged down the alcohol and reached for more. 

And just like that, the night passed away, and I passed out at the balcony of our apartment. 

"Mina-ah, Minaaaa" someone nagged, pulling onto my gently.

"I forgot some medication back in Seoul, can you go back and grab them for me?" mother asked, pushing up her reading glasses.

"Uh, yeah, sure." I said, stretching and yawning loudly.

Seungjo was watching tv and mother was just reading the news paper. I sighed and smiled as I can't imagine how perfect my life is.

Driving back, I thought about it. Minji's my sister, and she's the greatest sister anyone can ever have, and I should love her, not be at war with her. I'm already married to Myungsoo, and knowing Minji, she would never do anything to hurt me. She's always been there for me, always helped me out, and now, it's my turn to help her out. I can introduce her to some of my friends who have a stable life, and she can possibly find a new love. We've been through so much together, why would we need to bicker with each other.

I stopped by Minji's house and left some flowers and a card infront of her door since she wasn't in. By the time I reached back to our house, it was already dark. I opened the door and sighed in relief to finally get some rest. I opened the fridge and had some water, wondering where Myungsoo was. Maybe he was still at work.

I went to mother's room and got the medication she listed out. I was about to leave, but decided to have a shower and may as well sleep until tomorrow morning and drive back. I walked back upstairs and walked into our room just to see the most horrific sight in my life. Laying in bliss in Myungsoo's arms was no other than my loving sister, Minji.

They slept peacefully with the television on, playing some romance drama. I silently closed the door and raced downstairs and back into my car.

For a solid hour or so, i cried. I did nothing else but wept. My tears couldn't stop. I'm not sure if I'm crying because my sister betrayed me, or if it's because the person that i've loved for so long, will never and have never loved me back. After washing away the tears, I decided to book a hotel to stay in for the night.

I drove back to give my mother her medication, and lied, saying I had to go back to Seoul because I had some dental work needing to be done. For almost half a month, I slept in the hotel, and followed Myungsoo and Minji around. My heart breaks each time when I see them together. Can you imagine how much pain it is to see the person you love with someone else?

For the past half a month, I've been drinking like no tomorrow. The schedule was to follow the two to see how far they were going to go, and drinking when I got back to the hotel. 

After the vacation was over, they still continued. Even though I was back at home with Seungjo and mother, Myungsoo still went out late.

I tried so many times, to keep him with me. I tried to change the way I look, the way I act, dress, smell, talk and eat, just to resemble Minji, but he still will not look at me, not even once. He had the same excuse every time, "clients need me Mina. I'm doing this for the family." and with that, he closes the door and leaves and don't return til odd hours in the morning.

On several occassions, out of curiosity, I followed Myungsoo, to see what he's been up to, to only see him at Minji's place. He took her out on dates, weekend trips, movies, dinners, everything, you name it, he's taken her to. I wept silently in the bathroom on the day of our wedding anniversary as he once again, attended to his "clients". 

These days, the drinking and crying has been almost out of control, but thank god mother and Seungjo are usually together, so they don't notice the sudden change in me. 

I looked down at my phone and texted Myungsoo, asking if he wanted to go out for dinner tonight.

"Sorry. Can't. Busy with clients. See you later." he texted back.

And just like that, my wedding anniversary passed, and so did my birthday. It pained me to see how happy he was, knowing that I wasn't the one to make him happy.

I want to break it off with him so bad, I want to just let him be, let him be happy, but I need to be here for my son. Seungjo often shows me his artwork from school, paintings of the three of us together, and he always ask why he doesn't see his daddy anymore. 

How can I abandon my child when his own father is outside, having an affair and couldn't care less about him? 

I grit my teeth and dig my nails into my skin, trying to hold into the anger, pain and tears, all for my son. I already lost from the beginning. There was never a chance, there was no connection between us, he never loved me, and never will. I was simply a rebound for him, that he unfortunately had to marry.

It's been going on for awhile now, but I didn't want to bring it up and cause any arguments, so i stayed quiet. Myungsoo's smile has been brighter lately, and he even gained some weight. Minji has become more beautiful, her smile radiating everytime I see her, and then I look at myself in the mirror. Frail, ugly, withered, old. How could I possibly win against Minji?

I held in the pain so long that I thought I was used to it, until it exploded one day. It was almost a year that Myungsoo and Minji have been having an affair behind my back, and he's been so occupied with her, that he's forgot almost everything about his family. I didn't caer that he wasn't there for my birthday, or our anniversary, or anything, but, he had to choose today, out of all day to leave. Seungjo sat patiently with all his little friends at the table, waiting for his father. His friends dug into the food, and he sat there, twirling his thumbs together, his eyes locked onto the door and only the door. 

He kept tugging on my blouse asking me if I could call daddy. But the problem is, daddy won't turn his phone on.

It was time to open the presents, the other kids were with him in a circle, giving him presents one by one. Mother was busy taking pictures and Seungjo was occupied with opening his presents. I quickly slipped into my bedroom to call Myungsoo a few more times before he finally picked up.

"You get home right now." I said sternly through my gritted teeth.

"I already told you I'm busy Mina. Please. I'll see you later at home." he said.

"Seungjo is waiting for you! Can't you come home to be with your son just for a day???" I asked, almost yelling over the phone.

'He's my son, I can see him whenever. I have to get back with my clients. I'll come home for dinner." he said and hung up.

I sank down to my knees and cried into my hands. How can he be so ruthless? So cruel? I wiped away the tears and quickly applied on some makeup before taking the large box outside.

"Daddy and I got this for you Seungjo, for being such a good boy." I said and gave him a kiss on the forehead, making him blush.

He opened it to see the toy car he wanted for a while. Truth was, Myungsoo didn't get the present with me for Seungjo. He's been out so much that I couldn't even get the chance to ask him to go get a present with me. I held back the tears as Seungjo smiled widely and hugged my tightly. Mother grabbed a few snaps of us before taking out the cake.

"Mommy, is daddy not coming?" Seungjo asked before blowing out the candles.

"Sorry honey, daddy's a bit caught up at work. But he said he's going to be home for dinner tonight." I smiled, and he smiled brightly when the others began singing happy birthday.

He closed his eyes and blew out the candles. 

~~~~ 

Myungsoo sat down at the table for the first time in so long. I ate in awkward silence as Seungjo told Myungsoo about his day. 

After dinner, Seungjo would not let go of Myungsoo for one minute. I smiled to see how happy Seungjo was just to see his dad.

"Why didn't you tell me it was Seungjo's birthday?" Myungsoo asked, taking off his clothes when he got into our bedroom.

"I tried, but you were busy with your clients." I said.

"Don't try to mock me." he said, giving me a glare.

"Out of all days...today...really?" I asked.

"I told you, I've been busy at work."

"How busy are you that you forget your damn son's birthday??" I said a little too loudly.

"I can't help it alright? I'm doing this for our family!" he argued

"You're doing this for the family? you can't take just one day off? Just one?" I yelled back.

"Do you think I want to work these long hours huh? I'm trying to feed the family here!!!"

"Do you know how much Seungjo misses you? Do you know how many times he asked when he can see you again? Do you know how much I miss you?" i asked.

"It's always about you, isn't it? Ever since you've come to my family, you couldn't do anything. Why can't you be more like your sister?" he asked, his tone changing at the last few words.

"I want you to stay home for the next week and spend it with Seungjo. No other clients." I said calmly and sternly.

"No. I already told you, I have work."

"How much more time of your damn life are you going to spend on your ing work than on your son?" I asked aggressively.

"I HAVE WORK TO DO. AND IF YOU CAN'T EARN WHAT I EARN TO FEED THIS FAMILY, THEN YOU SHOULD SHUT UP!" he retorted.

"WHAT KIND OF WORK DO YOU HAVE TO DO, THAT YOU HAVE TO BE AWAY FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK?"

"WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW? HUH? I TOLD YOU! I'M BUSY WITH WORK. WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?" He yelled.

"What I don't understand is how ing my sister is apart of your work." I said in a defeated tone.

I broke down into tears, falling to the ground. I wiped the streaming tears away with my hands.

"What? What did you just say? Can you not assume? I-I-I had work" he stuttered.

"Why her Myungsoo?" I cried even harder.

He held onto my shoulders and shook me, "what the hell are you on about?"

"I saw everything Myungsoo. I came back to get something for mother one night and I saw you both together." I said, crying.

----

Myungsoo's POV

For all this time, all I ever thought of Mina was a devious person who tried to ruin my happiness, but when I looked into her eyes, I could feel the guilt. Her eyes showed how broken and hurt she was. All this time, I neglected the person who I had agreed to spending my life with. She held everything in for so long.

"I-I-I-....I'm so sorry." i said, letting go of her and fell back. 

She got up and ran out with her bag and jacket. I sat there speechless and empty. I just ruined her life.

"Myungsoo ah! Come down for breakfast." I heard my mother yell from downstairs.

"It's alright, I'll go and wake him." I heard Mina say. 

I thought I was dreaming until I could feel someone waking me up.

Mina stood before me, her eyes slightly swollen, telling me to go eat. We sat at the table eating awkwardly, avoiding eye contact.

After Seungjo was sent to school, I went to change for work.

"I already ironed your clothes." Mina said.

"I'm...I'm so sorry...I just...please forgive me." I said, closing the door behind me.

She didn't say anything, but instead just fixed my tie and pushed the hair out of my face.

"Myungsoo-ah..." she said, giving me a piece of paper.

Divorce was the only word I saw on the paper. Everything else on it was a complete blur. My hand shook and the paper fell out of my hand. i looked up at Mina, hoping for an answer.

"Let's end this here." she said, picking up the paper and giving it back to me.

----

a/n: HEYYY!!! I AM BACK WITH AN UPDATE!! YAYAYAYA sorry, i've just beem all over the place lately :[

but here's an upadte! hope you enjoyed and please comment and subscribe! :)