Chapter 12

I'm not okay

Your POV

In the midst of anger, I thought of all the evil things I could do to torture my sister. I stopped drinking and realized...the person I'm thinking about is my sister...how could I damage her? I paid the stall owner and tried standing up. I waddled out of the small stall and into the night. I leaned against a wall, breathing heavily. I could never handle alcohol well...but that doesn't stop me from being an alcoholic. 

"Hey there, did you want me to take you home?"

"No, i'm alright." I lied, pushing the stranger's offer away and walked off, but fell to the ground.

The next morning, I woke up to see Kibum's face, smiling at me. I squinted my eyes, trying to make out who he is. He changed his hair to black and bulked up a little.

"I see you've woken." he sad, his smile growing bigger.

"How'd you find me?" I asked.

"Someone brought you here last night. You were drinking again, when I told you not to! If that guy was some thug, he could have you!!" he said, nagging on and on.

Althought he talked for a while, he never replied to me when I asked who brought me here. 

"APPAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" a little kid screamed, running into the room, jumping on Kibum.

The surprised look on my made him explain what was going on. The kid turned out to be his son, and his wife, his beautiful wife, walked in, taking the kid out to give us some alone time.

----

Kibum's POV

The sadness in her eyes washed guilt over me. It was obvious she had a thing for me back then, but I could never bring myself to lie and pretend as if I love her too. And I guess because of that...I got married...so I could forget her and not feel guilty.

"Who brought me here?" she asked after a moment of silence.

"Are you hungry? My wife made some breakfast downstairs." I saiad, diverting the conversation.

back to last night

"She's really drunk...can you please look after her?" Myungsoo asked as he carried Minji, his jacket covering her so she doesn't get too drenched, unlike him.

"Why don't you look after her? After all...she is your sister in law, right?" I asked bitterly.

"I..I..can't. She's my sister in law...I can't fall for her when I'm married." he said, and with that, he brought her inside.

My wife offered him a change of clothes, but he refused and rushingly got out.

"Why? Why didn't you wait for her..?" I asked softly, but loud enough for him to hear.

"Because..I...I don't love her anymore." he said.

----

Your POV

"How'd you feel?" Kibum asked in the car.

"I'm fine."

"Really? Are you really fine that Myungsoo is now taken by your own sister?" he asked, his grip on the wheel tightening.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I? I'm happy for her!" I lied.

"Stop lying. Do you actually think you can fool me?" he asked.

"I'm...happy for her...just not happy for me." I said, inhaling deeply to prevent tears.

"Why did you take the blame for Woohyun?" he asked, stopping the car infront of my house.

"I didn't take the blame for anyone." I said, opening the car door so I could get out before he finds out about anything.

He pulled me back and closed the door. He inched closed to me, looking straight into my eyes.

"Why did you take the blame?"

"I..he has so much infront of him...his future...I can't let it go to waste..I had nothing to lose"

"And so you took the blame? Even though you could have taken Myungsoo? Even though you could have been a lawyer by now? That's nothing to lose to you?" he asked, angry at me.

"Those things don't mean anything to me...Myungsoo left, Woohyun left, and even you...you left to. I had nothing left." I said and cried uncontrollably.

He closed the space between us and kissed me through my tears. He quickly pulled away, his eyes widening, shocked by his own actions. I got out of the car and he quickly raced off.

"Where were you last night? I was so worried." Mina asked in a fake tone.

I looked at her and remembered everything. The time we shared bread together after we tried to hide from being orphans, the time we went shopping with dad together, the time we celebrated mother's death anniversary. This is the person that I thought would never leave me...the person I have endured happiness and depression together is now the one that has left me with the biggest scar.

"I went out with a few friends." I lied and walked to my room, my head throbbing.

I opened my door and SeungJo ran out, giving me a massive hug.

"MinJi aunty, do you think I'm handsome?" the kid asked, poking his cheeks, trying to be cute.

"Of course you are. Why?"

"Sohee noona said I'm handsome because I look like Myungsoo appa!!" he smiled.

"Sohee?"

"Hey, long time no see." Sohee said, walking out from the kitchen.

I gave a little wave and went into my room, locking the door behind me. As soon as the door closed, I breathed heavily. Sohee undeniably is one of the people I am actually fearful of. My hands were shaking as I tried to stand and walk to my bed. I laid down and I cried, but felt nothing. I guess I'm just used to this kind of pain now. Sometimes I wonder...what have I done wrong? Why am I the one who gets punished?

Doesn't the phrase go, "Good things come to those who wait?"

So...how much longer do I have to wait? 

I woke up later that night with an empty stomach. Starving, I walked out to get some food just to see Mina resting her head on Myungsoo's shoulder as they watched a romantic movie. They both looked at me and Mina sat up quickly.

"Uh, hey Minji. I didn't hear you coming." she said.

"Just continue watching. I'm just going to get something to eat." I said, walking to the kitchen.

"Minji! How about I show you my wedding photos while you eat?" Mina asked, walking over to the table.

"I don't think that's such a good idea Minji." Myungsoo said, trying to stop her.

"Why not? You weren't there for our wedding because you were in jail, so it's only polite to show you it now right?" she asked, pulling Myungsoo with her.

She sat down with him and showed me the photo album, which was black of course. Inside, the photos were displayed neatly. Photos with the bride and groom, photos with just the bride or just the groom.

"Yah, don't you think this is a great photo? We look like such a great couple." Mina said, obviously trampling over my feelings. Although she is my sister, I don't think she sees me as one.

She always thought I was treasured by our parents and that she was just an accident...but she's not. i tried to be the best sister, trying to protect her as much as I can, but of course, good things don't come to good people.

"Aigoo...look at how cute we look here jagi." she said, giving Myungsoo a peck.

"You two look amazing together." I smiled, which shocked Mina as she expected me to be more negative about their relatiionship.

"I'm so glad that you two broke up, not that way, but as in, you gave me a chance. I don't know how you could let him go. He's just so amazing." she said and bragged about him.

"Have you tried his kimchi stew? It's amazing." Mina said, smirking.

"Yeah, it's delicious, but not as delicious as his dukkbokki." I said angering Mina more.

Two can play at that game Mina. Myungsoo sat awkwardly, watching his wife and sister in law battle it out.

"Aish, Myungsoo is such a superb photographer. He always take photos of me, and it looks so professional!" she said, bragging.

"See this one? yeah, he took that shot!! It looks really professional doesn't it?" she sniggered.

"Wow Myungsoo, you skills really improved! He never used to be this good. He kept telling me to be his model so he could practice more. Look at this photo that he took on our anniversary. Such horrible skills." I said, sticking my tongue out at him. I showed Mina the picture that we took together with my head placed on his chest.

"Well...uh...um, Myungsoo, he, uh, he's an amazing husband. I bet you have nothing to compare to that." she said, happy that she had won the fight.

---

Myungsoo's POV

The flicker of sadness in her eyes made my heart clench. Mina was going way too far. She was walking over Minji's feelings without realizing.

"Jagi, do you want fried rice tomorrow? I'll make sure to make it the way you like it!" Mina said, acting clingy on me.

"Don't put mushrooms though, he hates them." Minji said, washing her plate and going back to bed.

I looked at her figure disappear. I...I...miss her. My life has been so empty without her presence, and now to see her return, I feel like that emptiness is gone. I wish I could've been more considerate of her.

"I think I should go talk to her." I said, finding an excuse to speak to Minji.

"Why? I can just speak to her." Mina opposed.

"Mina, I did have a thing with her once. I'm sure she still has feelings for me. I just need to tell her straight up that we are over now." I lied, knowing that I'm the one who still has feelings.

Mina finally agreed and went to bed with SeungJo. I knocked on Minji's door but there was no response. I opened the door slightly and took a peak to see her reading the book I gave her whilst hugging the teddy that I also got her.

"Can i help you?" she asked, eyes never leaving the book.

"I came to talk to you." I said.

She gestured me to come in as she took out her ponytail and glasses. She folded the page, marking where she stopped.

"Wassup?" she asked casually.

"How are you?" I asked, fiddling with the bed sheets.

"I'm a little tired, so I hpoe you'll keep this short."

"Ah, I see. I'll go straight to the point then. You still have feelings for me don't you?" I asked.

"Nah I don't actually. Why?" she asked me.

----

Your POV

"What do you mean you don't? It's obvious you came back to see if I waited for you." he said, slighting agitated.

"I must admit that I did have some feelings for you, I guess."

"See! I thought so!" he said arrogantly.

"I was aware that you were married when I was in prison, but I still went to check to see if you waited, just in case. So when I got out, I checked, and yeah, you didn't wait, so i just lost feelings I guess." I lied. Well I was honest until the lost feelings part.

"Don't lie Minji. You're sad when you see me, and when Mina was talking about me and her, you had a jealous look in your eyes. You're even reading the book I gave you! The thing isn't even that great!" he said.

"Myungsoo. I honestly don't know what you're on about. I was just sad to see my little sister so grown up, and as for the book, I had troubles sleeping, so I tried to find a way to help me sleep better." I said, lying once again.

"I know you still have feelings for me." he said, giving me a kiss, 

I stayed still, holding myself back, making sure I had no reaction. I can't feed his satisfaction now, especially when he's married to my sister. I can't do anything to hurt Mina.

----

Myungoo's POV

I smiled between the kiss as I felt no struggle. She must be so happy that she can't even react. I pulled away first, but she had a blank look.

"Are you done?" she asked, looking annoyed.

"I-I, as if you didn't feel anything." I said

"Was I supposed to?"

"Yes! Of course! I'm the person you said you loved! It should feel at least something." 

"Well apparently, I'm the person you promised to spend forever with." she said, attacking me with my own words.

"So, you really moved on?" I said, leaning back onto the chair, giving up.

"Myungsoo, it doesn't matter if I moved on or not, what matters is that you have a son and a very happy wife. I trust her in your hands." she said, "And it's getting a little late. I need to sleep." 

I walked out of the room, disappointed to know that she has no feelings left.

"Minji...I still...love you..Just thought I should tell you. it's been bothering me for a while." I said and closed the door.

----

a/n: sobs

awkward ending, awkward plot, awkward everything :( someone tell me this is at least readable. does that even make sense ><