Chapter 2

Goldilocks and the Dragon

 

DARA'S POV

I opened my eyes as i feel the bright ray of sun hitting my face.

 

The unfamiliar ceiling greeted me good morning. I almost panicked when i remembered something. "Right, i am inside the CL's unit." i thought to myself.

 

I relaxed at first but i suddenly remember the incident last night. The thief!

 

I was about to get up when i heard a deep voice talk.

 

"You comfortable there, trespasser?"

 

I whipped my head to the source of the voice.

 

And there he was, sitting comfortably at the chair across the sofabed I was lying in as if he owns the place.

 

"Y-Ya! Who are you calling a tresspasser?! You sure are that thick faced to stay here, huh?! I am calling the police!!" my hand started searching for my phone.

 

"Yes, please do so. Atleast you are making it less work for me." He said still calm making me stop from searching.

 

"I am going to send you to jail!"

 

"For what grounds may i ask?" his brows raised.

 

"Well, for trespassing. Duh." i rolled my eyes. This thief could be an idiot.

 

"Do you own this place?" he asked still calm and its making me nervous.

 

"No."

 

"Then who?'

 

"My friend does!"

 

he suddenly stood up and walked towards me.

 

"Really?" he leaned towards me. His brows raised.

 

I was by alarmed him nearing me so I grabbed the nearest throw pillow and held it tight.

 

Looking closely, he has growing stubbles and mustache. But that did not deny the fact that he is good looking.

 

'Still, he has a messy face.' I said against my own thoughts. He kept on leaning forward while i kept on moving backward

 

He then stood straight before me and crossed his arms across his chest looking at me expresionlessly.

 

He does look georgeously dangerous The way he looks at me with those eyes, same as what i saw though not red anymore like last night is scaring the hell out of me. Even my heart was scared that it is beating like crazy as if it wants to runaway from its cage.

 

He looks like a dragon ready to spit fire at me anytime. I sat there, back still leaned away from him.

 

"As far as i can remember, you" he said poking my forehead "were the one tresspassing here, in my house and you even had the courage to steal my food."

 

"Not only that, you even tried killing me with my precious collection, breaking it hard on my head." and as if further making a point, he pointed to his head with a bandage on it. I somewhat felt guilty. But I still looked up matching his glare believing what i did was right.

 

"Well, you deserve it." i spatted making his eyes form into slits. I still did not backed down.

 

"And what do you mean i tresspassed here? Fyi, my friend lives here. Get your eyes checked. See?" i told him and motioned at the room only to stiffen.

 

The truth is i did not really had the chance to take a better look at the place last night because it was dark and the food caught me as soon as i stepped inside.

 

Seeing it now, the room was nowhere near a girl's place. The interior and designs were far from girly.

 

I looked around and the wardrobe, the gadgets, interior and the messy desk looked like they were taunting me as if saying, 'yeah, a girls room huh?' Then i turned to the guy whose smirking as if saying, now what?

 

I can't do anything but crack a crooked smile.

 

"H-he, he he." i laughed forcefully.

 

Realizing the situation fully, i bowed immhdiately before him still on the sofa.

 

I now how to apologize when im wrong. My mom told me how to bend when wrong and stand strong when i know im right.

 

Plus the fact that I can't be caught now. Not when i was just about to start my life being independent and free.

 

"Mianhamnida, a-ahm, o-owner-ssi! Chesonghaeyo! I did not really mean to enter this private place of yours. I was wrong and mistaken it for my friends place. And for the deed i have done giving you that bandage on your head, i am extremely, terribly sorry. About the eyes, I would have my eyes checked instead. Please forgive me!!"

 


Jiyong's POV

 

"Please forgive me!"

 

I was refraining myself from smirking on how this girl could bend easily.

 

I am pretty sure this girl was not a delusioned fan i thought she would be. I can see it in her actions and expressions that she really doesn't have the idea who i am.

 

I don't know why but instead of feeling relieved, i felt disappointed how this girl is clueless about who i am. Maybe its the ego. Well, i guess this is better anyway.

 

I looked down at the figure bowing before me. Her head flatly laying on the sofabed as if worshipping me.

 

Her hair reminds me of a girl from some story who has gold locks of hair except that hers were brown.

 

"Get up." i told her. She abided fast and looked at me with puppy eyes.

 

She look likes puss-in-boots. But i don't really care, she disturbed me during the times I cannot write properly stressing me and she ravaging my already messy place and broke one of my collection stressing me more. A lesson has to be learned.

 

I looked away and turned my eyes around my unit. An idea then crossed my mind. I am busy this past weeks preparing for my upcoming solo album so i might not be able to maintain my place. That's where she enters. 'Good Timing' I thought to myself. 

 

"Forgive me?" i heard her say. Hands clasped.

 

"Yes." i saw her face brightened. "kamsahamnida, owner-nim. I promise not to disturb you again." then she stood up and was about to go out when i grabbed her arms making her stop.

 

"Not so easily." i said smirking making the girl dumbfounded.

 

"I have a deal to offer as a punishment. Its either you take it or you'll be talking with the bars tonight."


Author's POV

 

They ended up in the living room sitting quietly.

The atmosphere was awkward when Jiyong broke the silence.

 

"Name?" she heard him ask.

 

"Yeh?" she asked confused.

 

"Name." he said impatiently. She had no choice but to answer.

 

"Sandara Park."

 

"Weird name." she glared at him hearing his statement.

 

"You can call me Dara though." she said in an annoyed tone.

 

"Age."

 

"24." she saw his eyes furrowed.

Well that's normal to her. She doesn't really look her age. While she, thinks that he is around 26 or something. She looks young while He on the other hand looks mature because of the growing stubbles and mustache around his face.

 

"You know how to cook or clean?" he asked making her brows connect.

 

"Why?"

 

"You know how to cook, yes or no?" he asked becoming impatient.

 

"Well yeah, i know a dish or two."

 

"Good." he said. Again there was silence.

 

Her eyes was roaming around the messy apartment when he called her and was surprised with the sudden flash from the camera he was holding.

 

"Hey! What was that for, a-y-you!?" she said not knowing what to call him.

 

She tried snatching the camera from him.

 

He pulled away forcing her to reach for it from his back. Her face nearing his. He cleared his throat.

 

She faced him and realizing her face was just an inch away. Their eyes met and as if the world was on slowmo she saw his adam's apple go up and down.

 

It woke her up from her senses. she hurriedly went back to her seat. Blood flooding her cheeks. Her heart was beating erratically so she clutched her chest to prevent her heart from going out of its rib.

 

"Jiyong. That's my name." he said then he cleared his throat.

 

She wasn't sure if he blushed or not because he turned away quickly. They fell quiet.

 

"I'm keeping this picture in case you run away." he said breaking the silence. Dara then had her senses back.

 

"Ya! No need for that. I know how to keep a word you know." she said.

 

"Just making sure." he said shrugging his shoulders cooly. She really must have just imagined him blushing. How could a cold guy blush.

 

"What's your deal anyway, Jiyong-ssi?" she said irritated not really knowing if it was because of what he said or because of the feeling still lingering in her.

 

"So much for someone who has dual personality." she then remembered how she bowed down earlier. Her cheeks mde another blush.

 

"I think you're forgetting the reason why we are in this situation in the first place." Dara just sat back as if surrendering.

 

"The deal is you're going to work for me." Dara looked at him.

 

"W-What?"

 

"You're going to work for me." he repeated.

 

"Wait." she said covering her chest with her arms.

 

"What work are you talking about?"

 

'does he own some kind of a club? No no no. This can't be my fate. I haven't even have my first kiss yet. I want to find my prince first!!' she was screaming on her head imagining horrible things that might happen to her.

 

"Don't think of anything nasty. No one might even look at your body twice."

 

"Ya! Excuse me-" she was about to defend herself only to shut up again seeing him look at her seriously.

 

She laid back motioning for him to start talking.

 

"You're going to housekeep my unit for the meantime."

 

"A maid?!"

 

"Well, sort of, yeah." jiyong answered calmly.

 

"No." she firmly said. She was about to stan up when he talked.

 

"Then i guess i should call the police to you out." he said then picked up the telephone beside him.

 

Dara immidiately grabbed his hand and took the telephone bringing it back to the cradle.

 

"Wait! Let's talk this out, Jiyong-ssi. You know, peacefully. Ke ke." dara sat back forcing her smile.

"So tell me why i would be working for you again?"

 

"Let me remind you then, that the you trepassed inside my house, stole my food, and you just broke a figurine to my head worth a thousand dollars."

 

"Heol! That small figurine? Its that much?" she asked surprised by the amount of her 'weapon'. 'That was too costly for a figurine.' she thought.

 

"That was an antique collection if you must know." he said as if reading her mind. 'What is he? A mind reader ?'

 

"No. Your face just tells it all." her eyes widened.

 

"Stop it!" she screamed lifting her head in front of him stopping him from talking. "Its creeping me out"

He shrugged his shoulders.

 

"So i'm going to work for you until that amount was paid?" He nodded.

 

"how long would that be?" she asked.

 

"A week or two may be enough. I just need someone to maintain this place for the meantime anyway." She sighed surrendering.

 

"Fine, so when will i start?"

 

"Now." he said standing up.

 

"Whaat?! i haven't even eaten breakfast yet." she complained.

 

"That's why you are going to start working. Cook breakfast." he stood up an walked to his room.

 

She unwillingly stood up and went into the kitchen thinking why does this 'freedom' ended up like this.

 

She opened the fridge. Beer, water, herbal drinks, beer, expired take-out food.

 

"How does he survive like this?" she asked herself while ransacking his drawers and cabinets to look for something edible to cook or eat.

 

But there was none. " Aiyoo, is this even a kitchen."

 

She went outside the kitchen and studied the messy living room. Then she sighed audibly. She decided to change into comfortable clothes. A blackcard printed shirt, and a pink cotton pants.

 

After changing she decided to ask his 'boss' what he wants for breakfast.

 

 

She knocked at his door. 

 

"Chogiyo, Jiyong -ssi." she called. No answer. So she knocked again. And again. And again.

 

The door opened suddenly making Dara stumble forward. Jiyong was fast to catch her before she fall down. After regaining her balance she stepped back.

 

"What?" he asked irritated. Looks like the monster woke up from sleep.

 

 

"Were you sleeping?" 

 

He rolled his eyes and was about to close the door when she talked.

 

"Chamkkan!"

 

"What now?! I want to sleep, please! I was not able to because of someone God knows who!" he said and turned around.

 

 

She lifted her hands wanting to hit his back when he turned toher again. She just pretended to catch invisible flies.

 

 

"What are you doing?" he asked looking at her weirdly.

 

 

"Oh, nothing." she answered then smiled sweetly though inside her she was really annoyed of the guy's cold and arrogant attitude. He leaned on the door frame as if he was waiting for her to say something.

 

 

"Oh, yeah!  Jiyong-ssi, What would you want to eat?" she asked remembering why she disturbed the sleeping dragon

 

 

"You're the cook, don't ask me. One more knock and I'll toast you." he said then closed the door firmly on her face.

 

If the door is alive, it must have died already because of the aura she was emanating.

 


(Meanwhile in jeju..)

"I wan't to go home! I wan't to see Ssantokki!" Bom bawled while rolling over the bed repeatedly.

 

 

"I also wanted to, you know." Chaerin said while sitting on the other bed beside Bom's. "But we can't disregard the reason why we are here.

 

 

"Its okay to me, Unnies." Minzy said hearing what her unnies were talking about after going out of the bathroom. " I can look for him by myself. Besides I'm also worried about Dara-unnie. She's not familiar in Seoul anymore and knowing unnie, she might go into trouble anytime."

 

"Well, yeah. She's a walking trouble wherever she goes. So I can't reall blame Sanghyun-oppa and Yoochun-oppa for being too protective." Chaerin agreed.

 

"But still, we can't leave you," Chaerin patted Minzy's head, "our maknae like this."

 

Bom sat up. "Yeah, most of all when we are not sure that that person you are looking for was the person you were describing to us."

 

"Bom' right Mingkki. Are you really sure that Young deuk we saw at the club was the same Young deuk we are looking for?" Cl asked.

 

 

"I'm sure he is unnie." Minzy said with sureness and finality in her voice.

 

 

"But Mingkki, I can't imagine that guy being sweet, caring or any adjetie you have used in describing him to us." Bom said with a confused expression.

 

 

"Its him unnie, I'm sure he is." Minzy said with seriousness reflecting her eyes. They fell silent.

 

 

 

Chaerin's ringing phone broke the silence. She took it and checked who was calling to see it was the very person they were worried about.

 

 

Bom snatched the phone from Chaerin knowing who the caller was.

 

"Ttokki!" she said excitedly answering the phone.

 

 

""MWORAGO!? A maid??" She listened to the person talking on the other line. She began creasing her foehead then her eyes widened in shock. The other girls looked shock hearing Bom shout.

 

 

 

 

"LEND YOU MONEEY?! Right now? Wae-"

 

And the Bominator came out.

 

 

"YAAAH!! Ssandara Paaaark!!!" she shouted to the innocent phone.


Hi everyone! I had this chapter ready for editing while I was waiting for my laptop so I hid it first. :P Thanks for still reading, yeorobun!~ ^^