Chapter 1

Goldilocks and the Dragon

"Ya! Cl-roo. Where exactly is this address you've given me??"Dara asked Cl on the other line while walking on the streets of Hongdae.

 

She just came back from Tokyo where she was living with his brothers.

 

She ran away after feeling suffocated by their over protectiveness and the way they pamper her was too much.

 

Some girls would have loved the treatment they do but she wasn't that type of a girl so she decided to sneak out making sure her brothers can't track her 'fast'.

 

So her arrival was supposed to be a surprise and now she has nowhere to go because of her stupid surprise. She contacted her friends only to know that Cl, Bom and Minzy are in jeju for a vacation leaving her with no place to stay at for a week. Gladly CL told her about the unit she is staying at in seoul. And now she's here with her two fully packed bag to find that place if she doesn't want to end up sleeping on the cold asphalt ground.

 

 

"That's just along the street! Why the hell did you not ride the taxi anyway!" Cl shouted at the other line.

 

 

 

It was hard to hear what she was saying because of the loud booming sound of music and speakers at the background. They must be partying at this moment she was suffering bearing the coldness of the night.

 

 

She shivered slightly when the wind blew. "I told you I can't use my cards and i do not have much cash with me." she said pouting while rubbing her arms. CL can really be mean sometimes.

 

 

"Aish. What are you even thinking running away like that. As if they wouldn't find you sooner or later"

 

 

"That's the main reason why i told them i was going to paris. To buy time and be free before they find me." she said matter-of-factly

 

 

"May I remind You that the life you are leaving is a life any one would like for pete's sake, Dara."

 

 

"I told you i don't want to live comfortably not learning anything.So now, if you just tell me where your place is. I am dying out of coldness here CL-roo." she said making her voice pitiful to stop her friend from nagging.

 

 

"Aish! Just don't tell the oppas i helped you. They would kill me."

 

"Yeah yeah! I'm freezing here you know."

"Alright! Now go straight along that road. You would see the sign immidiately. If not then try asking people around. Tell them you are looking for Ginji, GINJI Towers!" she shouted at the other line making Dara put the phone away from her ears.

 

 

"Kinchi?" She asked making sure of what she heard.

 

 

"Yeah! Ginji! Room 201! Got it?? And please remember it correctly." then she heard her sigh.

 

 

"What am i gonna do with you, ssantokki!" she complained shouting at the top of her lungs hurting her ears.

 

 

"Ahh! Appeo! Arasso! My ear hurts already. Spare me from the nagging. I'll just ask anyone around. And Come home faster! I miss you guys!" Dara answered back then bid goodbye to her friend.

 

 

 

She looked at the phone while rubbing her ears. "Aiyoo! My ear hurts." She spoke to herself. Its been what? 10 years? She missed her childhood friends though they're communication never stopped thanks to the internet.

 

 

She grabbed the handle of her bags and started walking to look for a person to ask. She just kept walking until she saw a small stall. Luckily there is still an open store even at this time of the night.

 

 

She approached a guy eating delicously at the ddukbokki stall.

 

"Ah, excuse me." He was busy eating so Dara tapped the guy.

 

He turned to her. He was wearing a hooded shirt and a pair of glasses.

 

He looked at her while chomping on his food. Seeing the food she remembered she hasn't eaten anything yet since she arrived almost two hours ago.

 

"Yes?" the guy asked with a deep voice making Dara turn her eyes to the guy and off the food.

 

 

She cleared first before talking.

 

 

 

"Ah, neh. I just wanted to ask something." The guy nodded as if telling her to go on.

 

 

"Do you happen to know where Kinchi towers is?" The guy then smiled boyishly.

 

 

"Of course i do." he nodded continously making his hoodie fall back revealing his face.

 

 

Now she could clearly that this guy was good-looking and his eyes are cute.

 

 

'Wow~ how could some one be this good looking?' she thought.

 

 

As if he realized something he cursed silently and turned his back to her putting his hoodie back into place.

 

 

She looked at him puzzled.

 

"Ah, chogiyo. Is there something wrong." he looked at her questioningly his back still facing her.  and then a smile crept to his face.

 

"Do you not recgnize who i am?" he asked making Dara's brow furrow.

 

 

"What?" she asked confused looking at the guy weirdly That's when he faced her completely and smiled widely.

 

 

"I see." he said scratching his nape.

 

 

"You really not know me?" Dara nodded as an answer.

 

 

"Well i lived here till i was 14 but we moved to Japan after that. I just came back today so I'm not really familiar with the place now."

 

 

"You're not into kpop or music?" he asked still smiling.

 

"Well i am fond of music but mostly classical ones." she answered with furrowed brows.

 

"Why? Are you somekind of a famous person?" she asked. Maybe he's a celebrity. How the heck would she know.

 

"No, no. I am just a friendly ddukbokki-eating neighbor." he said shaking his head.

 

"By the way, my name is Lee Donghae." he introduced himself and extended his hands for a handshake while his other hand is still holding a stick.

 

 

Dara accepted it.

 

 

"I'm Dara. Park Dara. Nice meeting you." "Nice meeting you too." he said smiling brightly.

 

"You're looking for Kinchi towers right?" Dara nodded as an answer."We'll be neighbors then. I live at Ginji towers. Its just across your place. You know the owners of those buildings were twins that's why they're names sounds alike and paced just across each other" he explained as if he was some guide touring a foreigner.

 

"Really? That's great." she said not wanting to be rude.

 

"The only prnblem is that i don't know how to get there." in a 'thats-the-very reason-why-i-was-talking-to-you' tone. This guy is talkative, i see

 

"Heh, right. Well, just go straight. Its on the left side of the street. You can see the sign anyways."

 

"Oh, gomawo, Donghae-ssi." she smiled at him and readied to leave when she saw the ahjumma give him another set of food. her stomach grumbled looking at the newly cooked ddukbokki.

 

They fell silent while she reddened as a tomato. Then she heard him laugh. It was embarassing! So she just bowed as a sign of gratitude, covered her face and turned to leave.

 

"You could eat first you know." he said restraining his laughs

 

"Nothankyou! I'lljustgetgoing. Thanks again." she said as she bowed again not looking at him.

 

"No problem, Dara-ssi!. You can ask me anytime. I am just across your place." he answered still smiling.

 

"Oh and by the way! I like your hair. Its cute. You look like goldilocks. Only with a red face!" he added still chuckling while looking at Dara's leaving figure.

 

Dara pouted not really sure if he gave her a compliment or . It was really embarassing!

 

She continued waking with her face down not seeing the post she was about to hit.

 

 

"Dara-ssi!!" she heard Donghae call. But it was too late. She had hit her head on the post further making her ashamed of her self.

 

"Gwaenchanha?!" Donghae asked and started walking to her. Even before he go near her she raised her right hand stopping him.

 

"I'm okay, Donghae-ssi! You can go now. It doesn't hurt!" she said shooing him away.

 

"You sure?" he asked amazed and concerned about the girl at the same time.

 

She raised her hand and made an 'O' sign telling him she's alright.

 

And as if proving it to him, she stood straight grabbed her bags and started walking like a model.

 

"Doesn't hurt.Doesn't hurt. Doesn't hurt.Doesn't hurt." she keeps on telling herself as if it would comfort her when the truth is her forehead was hurting like hell!

 

She continued walking and when she was sure she's nowhere in sight of Donghae's eyes. She crouched and rubbed her forehead.

 

"Aaaaah~! Appaaaaa!!" she bawled like a child. 

 

Unknown to her. The guy she was hiding from was watching her while laughing silently.

 

 

"Aigoo, Dara-ssi. This was the first time a girl had made me laughed this hard." he said wiping his tears while stil watching the crying girl. He wanted to help her but he knows that knowing he was watching would embarassed her more so he just stood there watching her until she got up and fixed herself then walked to the building. 

 

When she reached the lobby, that's the time he turned back going to the building just across the place where Dara went into.

 

"Hyung!" he heard a familiar voice calling him. 

 

"Oh, hyunnie." He greeted him then arm locked their maknae.

 

"Hyung! Let go!" he struggled free but Donghae did not let go.

 

"What happened hyung? You look stupidly happy." at most times he woud've spat back but not this time when he's too happy.

 

"Oh nothing. Hyunnie," he called making the maknae look up. "Aigoo, gwiyowo." he then pinched the poor boy's cheek.

 

 

"Ya, hyung! Appeo, appeo!" but he did not let go until they reached their dorm.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dara's POV

 

"Teddy bear on the door, teddy bear on the door." i kept on reciting the text Cl-roo sent me when i told her i was already inside the building she told me. Sometimes I would rob my forehead still hurts.

 

I forgot the room number she told me but i think it is either 201 or 202.

 

So to prevent her from nagging me on how bad my memory is, i just asked her if the room door has something unique on it making her ask why but i just told her it is to make it easier to find the unit And thankfully she seemed to buy it when she replied that there is a teddy bear on her door.

 

 

So now here i am roaming around the 2nd floor of the building looking for a teddy bear on any of the room there.

 

Luckily i spotted a stuffed bear at the end of the hallway. "There you are!" i told myself as i reached the door.

In front of the door was a teddy bear but not only the bear was there. There were gifts, boxes of chocolates, etc.

 

"Well, maybe its from her admirers." i thought to myself as i gathered the stuffs to put it inside.

 

I was about to punch in the code Cl gave me when i noticed the door was open.

 

"Cl told me there was no one inside the apartment though." I stepped inside the dark room.

 

I was about to open the lights when a delicious smell of food welcomed me. I forget opening the lights and tossed the stuffs from outside and went straight to the kitchen.

 

As if on spotlight and calling her attention, the only opened light in the house was the one above the table. There i found a hot bowl of rice, kimchi stew and a new cooked samgyupsal.

 

Without further thinking, i digged in. I ate all the food in a flash. Not a single grain remains. Now my tummy is satisfied.

 

I was relaxing for a bit after a good meal when i heared footsteps coming from the living room.

 

Everything was quiet so I couId hear it clearly.

 

Its getting cIoser, thats when I panicked reaIizing that there should be no one in this house, then a horrifying conclusion hit me.

 

The opened door and the footsteps.

 

A burglar is inside the apartment!

 

"Ottohkae?!" i screamed in my mind afraid to make just even a small sound.

 

I tried to think. Then an idea entered my mind.

 

My hand searched for anything i could use as a weapon against the bad guy.

 

 

I grabbed on what seems to be a figurine and held it tight.

 

Suddenly a light came from the living room. What a very obvious thief. He even had the guts to open the light! 

 

I tiptoed going to the wall dividing the living room and the kitchen and hid behind it.

 

I held the figurine over my head and waited for the right time to catch the thief.

 

"Huh?! Where's my f-" i did not let him finish what he was saying and with closed eyes, hit his head with my weapon forcefully.

 

Then he fell down.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and peeked at the bad guy, only to see an blonde guy lying lifelessly on the floor, face covered by his hair with his white shirt and spongebob pajamas. What an outfit for a thief

 

I watched him motionless for a moment.

 

"Omo! I think i killed him." i panicked and I decided to check if he is still breathing so i crouched in front of the immobile figure.

 

 

I was checkig his head when suddenly his blood shot eyes opened wide directly looking at me.

 

I froze.

 

After that, everything went black.

 

 

 

---------------------------------

A's/N

Hi guys! Now that I had my laptop bak, I edited this chapter. ^^ You guys might want to re-read it because i changed some things besides the format. Please forgive me for the low quality writing. Mianhae~ T.T But i promise to work hard on it since this is my first time writing a fic. Please feel free to give comments. Critic or not I'll take it. I need them for improvement. :'>

 

For subscribing and reading. Kamsahamnida~