Chapter 5

Goldilocks and the Dragon

Dara sipped on her frappe while looking outside the café she and Ha Yi decided to meet up.

 

She had the idea on how to get to CL’s place without asking CL herself. How clever is she?

 

She was watching the people passing by and walking inside and out of the shop when she saw a light blonde curly haired girl across the street.

 

She was so cute wearing her knee length dress while maybe waiting for the stoplight. She looked like a walking doll with her outfit. She watched the girl walk across until she was gone together with the wave of the crowd.

 

She sipped on her drink again when her phone beeped.

 

She  looked at her phone to see who messaged her.

 

Fr. Cutie Ha Yi.

 

“Unnie, where are you sitting? I’m here at the counter.’

 

Dara turned her head to the counter.

 

There was the chubby girl facing sideways fidgeting with her phone while waiting in line.

 

“There she is.” She thought to herself then stood up and walked to the counter.

 

“Ya! Lee Ha Yi! How have you been? Aigoo, you’re still chubby like back then? I missed you!” she said continuously then hugged the chubby girl.

 

The girl did not respond to her hug which made her brows connect.

 

“Ya! Lee Ha Yi! You could atleast say ‘I missed you too’ to your Dara unnie.” She slightly hit the girl’s shoulder but not letting go.

 

Then she heard her talk.

 

“I missed you too, Dee-unnie.”

 

She hugged her tighter.

 

“Aigoo.”

 

“but that’s not me, unnie.”

 

“Eh? What are you saying?”

 

“You should at least recognize me except for my body size that you last saw.”

 

“Chogiyo. Miss. You can’t go around hugging somebody basing on their body size, you know. Chamna.”

 

Dara immediately bowed and mouthed endless apologies; the girl smirked before walking away.

 

She knew it was offending and she’s really sorry.

 

“That also hurt me, you know, unnie.”

 

She turned to the one who spoke behind her. It was that walking doll.

 

“Jjajjaaaan~” she spread her arm and smiled.

 

Dara’s eyes widened.

 

“Annyeong, unnie!”

 

Her jaw dropped.

 

“Unnie, your jaws going to lock if you do that.” She said then clipped Dara’s chin with her fingers closing .

 

That woke Dara from shock.

 

“H-ha. Ha Yi-ah? Is that you?”

 

“I won’t be talking to you if I wasn’t.”

 

“You had the same sharp tongue as CL-roo. Yeah. You really Chaerin’s small version though your cuter.”

 

They smiled at each other and hugged.

 

“I missed you, Ha Yi-ah.” She muttered.

 

“I know, unnie. Who wouldn’t.” Ha Yi answered making Dara laugh at her imitation of CL’s voice.

 

“Ya, one CL is enough you know.” They were laughing as they headed towards their table.


DARA’S POV

 

“Dara-unnie, you could have at least asked CL-unnie to just text you the address, that way it would have been clearer.” Ha Yi told me after I ended telling my story.

 

“I told you it was hard to hear properly because of the loud music. Besides you do know how hot-tempered she is. I don’t want to end up being kung-fued or such.” I said sipping on my second drink.

 

“Unnie, CL-unnie does Judo not kung-fu.”

 

“Same thing. It both hurt.” I said remembering how I grew afraid of CL and Bom.

 

I was lost that time and when CL and Bom found me eating ice cream while everyone was worried sick, she used all the things she learned in her training to the innocent kid sitting next to me since she can’t hurt me.

 

 I watched the kid got beaten up while she was saying ‘don’t make me call your name twice again Ssandara Park

 

That time I got really worried for the sacrificed kid and scared for myself.

 

“There’s Bom-unnie.”

 

 

“Ya! Lee Ha Yi, you really don’t know Bom do you?”

 

 

“Why?” she asked curiously.

 

 

“Your body won’t be harmed but you would be having nightmares once you make her mad. Trust me. You wouldn’t want to know how.” I said while shivering at the thought of making Bom mad.

 

 

“So because of those fears of yours, you ended up being a penny less maid, working unpaid and you even had Tamtam kidnapped. Am I right, unnie?” she said as if summarizing everything I said.

 

I nodded to everything she had said.

 

 “You’ve grown really smart, don’t you Ha yi.”

 

“I’m not smart, unnie. It’s just that my brain grew congruent with my brain.”

 

“Ya! What are you trying to say? That my mind got stuck on being young?” this kid, really!

 

“You’ve said it yourself.”

 

“YAH!” I was about to stand up when she stopped me.

 

“Unnie, you still don’t know CL-unnie’s place don’t you?”

 

I turned to her and saw her smiling sweetly to me.

 

“You really are becoming like CL you know. And it’s giving me the creeps.” I said then sat down slowly.

 

“Actually you don’t need to work hard looking for that place. It was just in front of you all the while.”

 

“Huh??” I was not able to catch what she said.

 

“You told me your working on a unit in Kinchi towers right unnie?” I nodded as an answer.

 

“Cl-unnie’s place is at Ginji towers, unnie. You’ve misheard Ginji to Kinchi. It does sound the same since they were owned by a twin. That’s why you ended up going to the opposite building and trespassing a different unit.”

 

I have heard that information before from Donghae-ssi didn’t I?

The twin owners of the building should’ve been a clue to me from the very start.

 

Babo! Babo! I screamed on my mind.

 

Wait. Remembering Donghae-ssi. He still hasn’t contacted me to ask for payment.

 

“Let’s go, unnie.” Ha Yi said then stood up.

 

“Wait.” I called her before she could stand up.

 

“Waeyo, unnie?”

 

I pointed to the cake and the drinks. “These things are still unpaid.” I smiled brightly at her. “I’ll pay once I find a decent work and salary.”

 

My poor cute dongsaeng could just sigh. I widened my smile more and thanked her when she pulled her wallet out.

 

Though I already had the oath of not depending on others, I really don’t have a choice.

 

‘One of these days, I’ll pay all my debts with my own hard work.’ I kept in mind as I get my bags and walked side by side with Ha yi who’s shaking her head but smiling.

 

We ended up laughing while walking; catching up stories we missed the past 10 years.

 

Reaching the 'twin's towers', as we started calling them, we went to the building opposite to the one I used to go to.

 

There were girls waiting outside. Many of them. Each holding a placard with different names. 

 

"Ha Yi-ah. What's up in here?" i asked Ha Yi while looking at the crowd of girls with varying ages. Most of them are school girls but some are middle aged.

 

"I heard that Suju moved here almost a week ago, unnie." she explained as we reached the lobby.

 

"Su-what?" 

 

"Suju. Super Junior. You don't know them?" she asked eyeing me.

 

"No. what are they?" 

 

"They are a popular boy group unnie. How could you not know them? They are famous even in Japan." she asked unbelievingly.

 

"I'm really not into TV so how would I know." i said defensively.

 

"so you don't know even Big Bang?"

 

"That I know of course."

 

"Really?" she said excitedly.

 

"Yeah. I learned it in school you know." 

 

Her shoulders fell and eyed me with disappointment. 

 

"You're hopeless unnie." she said as she pushed the button of the elevator.


 

“Ji, it’s still messed up. The base beat’s off and the tempo doesn’t match.”

 

Teddy-hyung looked at Jiyong while shaking his head.

 

“What?! Hyung. Did I hear it right? It’s already the third time you’re making me edit that. I’ve already spent nights awake doing that song.” He said frustrated, raking his hair.

 

“Ji, even I am wondering how the G-Dragon I know made something like this” he said holding the demo tape in his hand.

 

“This is so not you. Look at yourself.” Teddy pointed to Jiyong.

 

“What’s wrong with me?”

 

“You haven’t shaved; you even had eye bags as if you’re competing with Seungri’s panda title.” He joked truthfully.

 

“I told you I hadn’t sleep yet editing that tape, hyung.” He explained.

 

“Yeah, but how could you explain that shirt,” he pointed at Jiyong’s pink shirt.

 

“What’s wrong with this hyung?” he asked brows connected.

 

“It’s the same shirt you wore the other day.”

 

“So?”

 

“Never have I seen you wear a shirt twice, Ji. Never. Besides did you even wash that?”

 

“I just don’t have the time to fix myself and my place while I was writing the song.” He answered monotonically.

 

“What? Even your place is a mess? Ya! You’re a clean freak!”

 

“I told you I was writing the song, hyung.” He answered getting irritated to where their conversation is leading to.

 

“As far as I know, this isn’t the first time you’ve written a song.” Teddy answered back and sighed.

 

“I think you need some time off.”

 

“I’m fine hyung.”

 

Teddy’s last thread of patience is getting thin.

 

“Yeah, Really? Hell Ji! YG have given you guys’ time to relax yourselves a bit but here you are sulking instead of being in Jeju with the gang! What are you, a kid?”

 

“I wasn’t sulking.”

 

“You are, Jiyong! Get over her already. It’s been what? Almost a month. It’s not as if she’s the only girl you’ve dated.”

 

“Stop it hyung.” Jiyong said already losing his cool.

 

But Teddy continued trying to open his closed mind.

 

“Look Ji. She already left for someone more popular than you. She just used you so just accept that fact and get over it! That Kik-“

 

He suddenly stood up and banged the table be cutting Teddy-off.

 

“That’s enough! What exactly do you know, huh? You don’t know anything!” He said while grabbing Teddy’s collar.

 

“You could always tell, Ji.” Teddy answered still calm though he was shocked on how his favorite dongsaeng acted towards him

 

It was the very first time Jiyong got mad as hell.

 

Then Teddy’s phone ringed breaking the tension between them.

 

Jiyong loosened his grip to Teddy’s collar finally realizing what he did.

 

He turned back while Teddy looked at him understandingly and fixed his shirt picking the phone from pocket.

 

He cleared his throat before pushing the button to answer the still ringing phone.

 

“Yobosaeyo.” He said as he answered the call.

 

Jiyong on the other hand packed his things and after fixing his bag on his back he bid goodbye.

 

“I’ll get going hyung.” He was about to walk out when Teddy called his name.

 

“I won’t be taking back things I’ve said.” He answered putting his phone on hold for a while. “About making the song, rest for a while. Clear your mind, after that we’ll talk.”

 

Jiyong could only nod then headed towards the door. 

 

Teddy watched Jiyong’s walking figure until he was out and closed the door. He then heard the person on the other line call his name.

 

“Yes, I’m still here.”

 


After moving her things to CL's unit with Ha Yi's help, Dara went to Jiyong's place to rescue Tamtam in anyway she can.

 

She was used to having Tamtam by her side before she sleeps. 

 

Tamtam was made by CL when she learned that Dara gets nightmares when she sleeps alone.

 

She never get to sleep with anyone when she's in their house because her brothers were always out and there's no one to sleep with her except if the girls are with her or if her cousin, Jihyo, visits her.

 

Since he already told her his passcode, it was easy for her to enter the unit. 

 

Seems like the monster hasn't come yet since everything was untouched, even the food she cooked before meeting up with Ha yi.

 

"Where could that monster be?" she asked herself while roaming around the living room. 

 

It was only now that she can see that place is the spacious. 

 

Its wider than CL's place and his home-theater set was the latest one. 

 

His work must be big-time since he can afford these things. 

 

There were some trophies at the top of the shelves but she can't see it properly because its too high for her.

 

There were frames in the cabinet,some were pictures of his childhood. 

 

"Aigoo. Gwiyowo. I can't imagine that you," she said talking to the kid in the frame smiling cutely, " and some irritating guy I know are the same. Life really is unpredictable, ain't it?"

 

 

Almost every picture were when he was a kid though there were some other pictures but faced down.

 

She was about to take a look at the picture in it when she heard the tinging of the door which means Jiyong has arrived.

 

"Welcome back!" she greeted and waved at him.

 

He stopped at the doorway looking at her weirdly. He was holding two plastic bags in his hands.

 

"What are you still doing here?" he asked going in after removing his shoes.

 

"I was just looking around." then she smiled at him.

 

He looked at her as if she was a lunatic.

 

"Fine. Could you give Tamtam back?" she said lifting her hand.

 

"You're voodoo doll?" he said passing by her walking directly to the kitchen.

 

"YAH! Tamtam is a baby, not a witch's doll!" she answered.

 

"It looks like one to me." he said still not looking at her while taking out the things from the plastic bag he was holding earlier.

 

"By the way, give me you phone number so I could contact you when needed." he handed her his phone.

 

She pouted. She wanted to break his phone to his head, if only it would not add up to her debt. Its going to be costly since its the latest model of iphone.

 

She was about to key in her phone number when his phone's wallpaper caught her attention.

 

It was him with the girl she knows very well. A girl she never really liked.

 

"You know Kiko Mizuhara?" she asked making him stop for what he was doing and turn to her with a serious expression.

 

"Just do what I told you to do and don't ask questions. Don't mind the things that you've got nothing to do with." he said grabbing his phone.

 

"Fine!" she said holding her hands up as if telling him she wouldn't fight.

 

"Just dictate the digits to me." she then started to tell him her number. 

 

After saving it, he put his phone back to his pocket and continued on what he was doing earlier.

 

They were bottle of sojus.

 

"Are you drinking tonight?" she asked while peeping at the plastic bags.

 

"Mind your own business." he told her off.

 

"Then just give Tamtam back to me. You already had my contact. no need to hostage Tamtam" 

 

"Prepare this first then bring it to me after." he said after leaving her with the raw samgyeopsal, unchopped lettuce and some snacks.

 

She could just roll her eyes.


DARA'S POV

I now smell of mixed smoke and sweat after cooking the meat and preparing the snacks. 

 

After putting the chili paste in the saucer I put it in the tray together with the cooked samgyeopsal serving it to the 'boss'.

 

"Here are your foods, your majesty." she said sarcastically as she put the plates one by one in front of him. 

 

She could see that its already the 2nd bottle of soju and it was already halfway finished.

 

"Ya. You've been drinking too fast, Jiyong-ssi."

 

He looked at her poker faced.

 

She froze on her place.

 

"W-wae?" I'm getting concious the longer h looks at me.

 

"Do you really not recognize me?" he asked suddenly.

 

"What?" she asked surprised with his question.

 

"Do you not know me or you're just pretending you don't?"

 

"What? Why? Have I met you before?" Even if we did, I can't remember though.

 

"Nope. I was just asking."

 

"You're very random, you know that?" 

 

"Yeah."

 

Woah, is he drunk already?

 

"Can you give Tamtam back?" i asked taking a chance.

 

"No." my shoulder's fell. He then tapped the space beside him. "Sit."

 

"Why?"

 

"For once, can't you just do what I tell you to do? Stop asking questions."

 

"Fine." I surrendered then sat down.

 

"See. Its that simple. You're making my head ache." he said as he leaned back at the sofa then massaged his temple closing his eyes.

 

"Its not me. Its the alcohol." I answered back.

 

"Here" he handed her the shot glass.

 

"What's this?" 

 

II heard him sigh so I took the glass. "I don't drink."

 

"Just drink it." he said getting irritated.

 

I gulped it one shot and the bitter taste slipped through my throat immediately making me cough.

 

"It will go away sooner or later."

 

"I have a low alcohol tolerance so I really don't drink. Besides, my brothers and friends reprimanded me to do so." i explained while he drank another shot.

 

"At your age? You're old enough to drink." 

 

"Its not that. They told me I have a really bad habit when I'm drunk." i took the glass he was giving me again.

 

"What is it?" he asked then wrapped a pice of samgyeopsal in a lettuce and dipped it in the chili paste then handed it in front of my mouth as if telling me to eat it.

 

Unconsciously I ate it without complaint.

 

"I don't really know. They never told me." I answered his question.

 

"Don't leve the shot glass hanging." I noticed I was still holding the glass so I immediately emptied it before giving it back to him. 

 

He was talking all the while but I can't really decode his words already, I'm already getting dizzy after a couple of rounds. 

 

And at the third shot, I felt my head had gone light.

 

I saw him hand me another shot while still talking, I was about to take it when my sight blurred then everything was black.

 


JIYONG'S POV 

"She was the one who pulled me out of that ma-" my words got cut off when I heard something hard fell on the center table where all the drinks where placed.

 

There it is. The 'thing' that fell happened to be the hard headed trespasser's, well, hard head. She really has a low alcohol tolerance

 

She just had 3 shots but now she fell asleep already.

 

She fell face down so I think that really hurt.

 

"Yah, Dara-ssi." I was about to wake her up when she suddenly sat straight up taking me aback.

 

"Ya, are you okay?" I tried reaching her when she whipped her head towards me.

 

WHAT THE ! She was looking at me while smiling like crazy

 

"Yaah~ Jwiyong-sswi!" she called me.

 

"W-w-why?" she's really freaking me out. Is this her drinking habit?

 

"Ppwaalli~" she continued on flipping her hand calling me.

 

When i didn't move she pouted and glared at me.

 

She's really cute when she pouted but I can sense something not right and I don't know why.

 

She suddenly stood up and walked towards me. I leaned back with my arms supporting my weight to prevent myself from falling  back.

 

She crouched in front of me still smiling stupidly.  She leaned forward while i continued moving backward.

 

She continued crawling towards me while I continued on moving far from her.

 

"Y-ya, yah! Sandara Park-ssi! W-what are you doing?!" I said as I fell when my arm slipped. 

 

She continued moving near me and my eyes widened when all of a sudden i felt her soft lips over mine.

 

I froze on my place and we stayed like that for seconds she then pulled back and looked at me poker faced. 

 

I just looked at her not breathing. Then she smiled widely again before fainting on top of me.