Chapter 3

Goldilocks and the Dragon

Dara's POV

 

I was looking helplessly at my phone after calling Chaerin. my ear even hurts. Out of all people who could answer Chaerin's phone why does it have to Bommie. I am helpless. So in the end I told her I was joking but knowing her, I know she was not convinced telling me we'll talk when they get home.

 

'Now what?' I taunted in my own thoughts

 

"Eeey! Pabo!" i hit my head frustratedly whena voice brought me bak to my senses.

 

"Excuse me, Miss. If you are not going to pay for the things you've got please step aside. You're causing delay and you're disturbing everyone who's in line."

 

I turned to the cashier who is now looking irritably to me and to the people behind me who were waiting impatiently. 

 

Why is this happening to me? Is problem and trouble my shadows?!  

 

Trespassing a monster's place, being the monster's maid, getting scolded by the Bominator and now losing face because I do not have money to pay my fully-packed shopping cart.

 

I want to cry a river! And the worstthing is that all of these happened just within the sphere of 24 effin hours! TT ^ TT

 

Why did I ever left my card behind?

 

"Chesong hamnida. Chesonghamnida." I bowed down to them repeatedly. 

 

I caught the cashier roll her eyes and murmur something about trying to be cute or what that I don't understand.

 

"Miss, if you really don't have the money, pull you cart and let us continue with our lives." she said embarassing me more.

 

I was about to pull my cart out of the line when some one caught it first before I do. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders.

 

I looked at the person who dare trip on me. He was wearing a cap, a mask covering the lower part of his face and a sunglass making his face hard to see.

I was alarmed so I stepped back.

 

"Yaaa-" my words got cut off when the guy talked and pulled me in.

 

"Yeobo~!" he said closing my mouth with his hand. My eyes widened at what I heard.

 

'Mworago!? Yeobo?! This guy is nuts!'

I struggled free while he kept me in place with his arms wrapped around his shoulders.

"I know, i know. Mianhae." he said. He looked at me and lowered his sunglasses revealing a pair of eyes strikingly familiar.

 

His gaze caught mine as if telling me to just go with the flow. That made me stop struggling. I don't know how this weird looking guy is not making me feel scared.

 

People are now looking at us. He turned to the cashier.

 

"Sorry for the disturbance." he bowed, removed his mask and flashed a boyish smile.

He did the same to the silenced people line up behind us. I can't still think of what to do or say as if he casted a spell on me.

 

"How much was this all worth, miss?" he asked the cashier who's still looking at him flustered. He chuckled slightly at the cashier's reaction.

 

"D-dong--" I heard the cashier talk wide eyed only to shut again when the guy lifted his point finger and placed it on his mouth as if telling her to be quiet and all red. 

 

'What's wrong with that cashier?'

 

"A-ah. No, Its fine, Do- I mean, sir." She said shyly then clipped her hair on her ears acting cute. She must have a dual personality.

 

A b*tchy one and a freaky other. 

 

"So how much the things my 'girl' purchased." he said emphasizing on the word my girl. The girl's smile faltered.

 

I could just smirk. 'Wait? Did I just do that?' I asked shocked at myself.

 

I was about to let go from his arms when he did not let me. Ok, this guy is getting a little overboard.

 

After paying for what I've bought, he took the bags and pushed me out of the market. 

 

"Chogiyo!" the cashier called. "Can I have your au-"

 

"MISS!" everyone shouted cutting off the now embarassed girl.

 

The guy beside me chuckled as we continue to walk out.

 

While heading to the exit, I heard an old woman talk while walking behind us.

 

"What a cute couple." I turned to her seeing her look at us as cutely as if she was looking at a cute little puppy.

 

I shook my head and hands shaking in rejection.

 

"Ani! We are n--" my words of denial got cut off again when the man beside me pulled me close to him and smiled at the elderly.

 

"Kamsahamnida, halmoni~" he said thanking the old woman then led me out.

 

As soon as we were out of the market I struggled free. This time he did not stop me.

 

"Ya! I know you helped me inside but the skinship you initiated was way out of line." I exploded as soon as I got free.

 

"Mwo?! Yeobo!? Wife?! Chogiyo! I don't even have a boyfriend, you know." i can see him looking at me just standing there so i continued talking.

 

"And about the money. I'll pay you once I've got money. With interest even, so just give me your account number" i said then lend my hand in front of him . 

 

"Paying me with only interest may be enough." he said smiling.

 

"What?!" I couldn't get what he just said. Who would ask to be paid with only the interest?

 

"I was just joking." he chuckled. "You know Dara-ssi, at this point of time, a simple thanks miht be enough." he said smiling.

 

"Wait. How did you know my name?" I asked alarmed.

 

"How could you forget me that easily, Dara-ssi?" he said acting hurt while clutching on his chest.

 

"W-what?"

 

He straightened up and smiled.

 

"How stupid of me. How could you possibly remember me when my face can't even be seen properly." he said then started removing his cap, sunglasses and finally the mask he's wearing.

 

"Annyeong, Dara-ssi!" now I can see his face clearly. It was the guy I asked for directions last night! 

 

But what's his name again?

 


Donghae's POV

 

I was really happy when I saw her again at the market. 

 

I was in the middle of executing my punishment when I caught a glimpse of her through the glass door of the market while she was talking to someone on the phone near the cashier.

 

Her expressions were cute while she was listening to the other person on the line. It was as if she was a student being scolded by a teacher.

 

It was amazing how her face show different kind of emotions in a small span of time.

 

I went inside the market to approach her when I heard the cashier talk and said something rather disrespectful for a cashier to say.

 

I don't know why but I got irritated at the cashier's actions towards Dara so I interfered.

 

I could see surprise in her eyes but I could also tell that she doesn't recognize me making me dissapointed.

 

She has already forgotten me when I on the other hand was not able to get her off my head since the time I saw her go inside that building.

 Then I remembered my face was not really recognizable because I am on disguise. 

 

Its the first time I am thankful to those idiot's boredom which led to us to playing rock, paper, scissors.

 

So I removed my cap, sunglass and mask. That's when I saw recognition lit her eyes.

 

"Oh! Ddukbokki!" she said pointing to me.

 

I nodded and waved at her.

 

"So it was you!" she said and smiled at me.

 

"Yeah, it's me." i said and clapped my hands only to hang it low hearing her next question.

 

"But what was your name again?"

 

My shoulder dropped. Then I had an idea. 

 

"Okay. I'll show it to you then you guess okay?" I don't know why but I want to hear my name coming from her.

 

"Ahm. Okay." she agreed an I readied my self.

I lifted my two fingers and motioned two. (Yi or )

"One?" she started guessing saying the number in english. "Yi!" 

 

"Joah! Next." I lifted my hands over my head making a house.

"Jib!" i shook my head and made another motioning a neighborhood. (Neighborhood = Dongnae)

"Du jib?" i shook my head and tried hard gesturing dongnae as hard as I could.

"Donghae! Lee Donghae!" I heard someone behind me answered. That's when I noticed people surrounding us.

I turned to Dara who was also surprised like me. 

"Opppaaa~!! Donghae-oppaa!!" I heard school girls screaming behind us. I hurriedly buried Dara's face into my chest to protect her from the flashing cameras and wore my cap, took the bags and pulled Dara away while running fast.

 

 


 

 

They were breathless as they arrived in front of Kinchi Towers and hid behind the trees in front of the building.

 

"What.. exactly.. are those.. girls?" she asked while grasping for air.

 

"I'll tell you some other time." he said and stood straight and peeked behind the tree they were hiding from.

 

"Dara-ssi. I think I should get going." He said and was about to run across the street when she called him.

"How am I going to pay you?" still not forgetting her debt.

"i told you its okay."

"No. I am paying when you I have my money. You can just give me your account number." she said not backing down since she made an oath not to depend on other people.

"Fine, give me your phone number then."

"Why?" she asked confused

"I'll tell you a way on paying me." he then handed his phone and she started typing her phone number and he saved it.

"There. Just wait for my message. Annyeong!" he said and waved at her running stealthily while observing the surroundings.

"Who is he exactly to be chased by crazy female students? Yeah he's good looking but is he that famous?" she asked mumbling to herself and lifted the things she bought and was shocked on how it was heavy and the way Donghae was carrying it whil runningmade her think its light.

 

She struggingly walked into the building bags on her hand and rode the elvator.

 

As soon as she got off the elevator while looking at the floor, she saw a pair of an expensive looking Fila sneakers.

 

"So buying breakfast takes a whole three hours eh?" she looked up.

"Where have you gone shopping? The amazon?" there he is. Arms crossed over his chest looking at me weidlyThe very reason why she was out at the market buying foods without money, gaining debts while losing face.

 

The monster himself. Jiyong.

Budha bless her.