Exotic Hotel

Bittersweet Coffee

"Exotic Hotel. Hmm...," Seo Chan and I stood outside of the cafe wondering where it was as we spotted a tall guy with panda eyes walking in our direction.

"Um mianhe... Where is Exotic Hotel?," Seo Chan pointed to the catalogue she was holding. I stifeld a laugh as she threw in random Korean words. The tall guy pointed to the building next to the cafe we had just left and we thanked him as he disappeared into the sea of people as morning awoke.

---

"Amelia~~~Where are you going?," called Seo Chan from the bathrrom

"I'm going out for a jog," I yelled back as I finished lacing up my sneakers.

Seo Chan's head popped out from the bathroom. She glared at me with mock disapproval.

"We came here to breathe the same air as Kim Myung Soo not to exercise. Wai---!"

I was already out of the room and on my way to the elevators.

---

The doors of the elevator opened and I walked out, yawning as I hit something or someone.

"Omigosh! I'm so sorr-MIANHE MIANHE", I remembered I was in Korea. The someone or something I bumped into gave a low chuckle, his laugh soft and warm. I looked up, surpiised to see the guy from the cafe.

For some strange reason, he also seemed like he was dressed up for a run too. He must've noticed becuase at that moment he said"You out for a run?". And I nodded, much to my stupidity. I wondered if he was out to kidnap innocent tourists.

You could never trust strangers. No matter how good looking they were.

I began to run out of the foyer, sharply turning left and heard a series of footsteps matching mine. Looking over my shoulder, I saw the guy from the cafe running behind me with an amused smirk on his face. Clearly, he was those types of people who liked to see their victim in distress.

I was scared. If only I knew this neighbourhood, I would have been able to lose him. I began to run faster and I heard him quickening his pace to macth mine. I kept quickening my pace, knowing that I wouldn't reach my limit yet- I was one of the best runners in my grade when I was in highschool. Realising that my efforts would prove to be futile in evading my pursuer, I suddenly stopped NOT expecting him to crash into me. For someone who could run so well, he sure had slow reflexes. I groaned and whirled around, glaring at him.

"What do you want?"

"Gwenchana?"

"Yeah I'm fine. What do you want?"

"You lost here?"

I glared at him. Obviously I was lost. I decided to change tactics.

"Can you help me to get back to Exotic Hotel?"

"Mmkay," he replied, his face lighting up to a smile.