Mei

Bittersweet Coffee

"Luhan?"

An eerily familiar voice called, causing Luhan to turn around. He frowned at the person who called his name.

"Mei?"

Everything seemed to pause. I froze in shock, absorbing the flood of thoughts running through my head. Was it really Mei? And was this really Luhan? Luhan from China? And what was Mei doing here. I thought after she had practised to be European, she’d take off with some European guy.

"Luhan! Long time no see!," She squealed as she ran forward to hug Luhan made no effort to embrace her but to pull her off him and asked in a steely tone ,"Why are you here?"

"I came here to support you! Oh! Who’s this?," She asked, her voice betraying a hint of jealousy. She walked over, her heels echoing on the sidewalk.

I lifted my head slowly and turned around, keeping a cool façade. Her eyes widened as they met mine but she quickly returned back to normal.

"Oh sorry, you reminded me of this girl I once knew. She was called Lee Hyo Rim," She chattered on while clocking my face for any signs of emotion. She was still the same, always suspicious and crafty. Struggling to maintain a stony gaze, I was glad when Luhan cut her off.

"Don’t talk about her like you know her!," he growled and Mei snickered.

"Are you still smitten about her? I’ll tell you. She’s probably living in some foreign place with a hot blonde guy!," she sneered ," Did she even call you after she left? You should forget her"

I wanted to protest in anger but how much could that fix? And would he even believe me?

Luhan trembled slightly, proving that he was still affected by what had happened those many years ago.

Luhan’s POV (Point of View)

Mei was right. Even thought I didn’t want to admit it. Lee Hyo Rim probably didn’t even care about me. She probably even forgot about me. After all, she was gorgeous- already having millions of suitors following her. I was only one of the million men who fell for her.

"How can you say that?"

Amelia shot back at Mei who was equally surprised at her outburst as I was.

"You don’t even know her and you dare to make conclusions from loosely based assumptions? Talking about someone lowly makes you as low as they are."

"You’re right," I said, after finding back my voice ," I should forget about her. I should forget about you too, Mei. I’ll start life all over again." And with that, I linked arms with Amelia and walked off, leaving her to boil in her fury.

Your POV(Point of View)

I stared at Luhan in utter horror and disbelief. How could he easily forget someone and start all over again. What hurt even more was that person…. I was her…

What was even more ridiculous was that he called me? I thought he was mad at me. Angry at me for leaving him… I knew my parents were the cause of this. I had to talk to them later when I came back to Australia.

I bit back angry tears and turned away from Luhan, bearing the guilt and shame.

"Oh look there’s an amusement park!," I said in a hoarse whisper and we both knew that I was feebly attempting to distract ourselves from what Mei had just said.