Forgotten Dreams

Bittersweet Coffee

They surrounded me, their faces taunting me. They muttered obscure words as the leader, Mei, held up her hand. Behind her, several girls bearing pipes walked forward, jeering at my misfortune. Turning wildly, I looked for a route for escape even though I knew it would be useless.

"Any last words?," Mei asked, her words perfectly sculpted- the result od numerous nights practising English so she could catch up to my level.

I whispered ," I’m sorry Luhan…," And I braced myself, waiting for the series of strikes to hit me but it never came. Opening my eyes, I saw Luhan grab Mei’s arm, demanding her to stop but she saw his devotion to me as an excuse to hurt me, signalling for the girls behind her to advance.

Luhan ran over and grabbed my hand, shielding me from the hits that followed. We ran till out hearts were about to burst, our breaths jagged and uneven. I had no times to process my thoughts as footsteps could be heard, echoing something ominous.

Suddenly, a huge hols appeared and Luhan pushed me away as he fell victim to the murky depths of the unknown.

"LUHAN! NO!"

I jolted awake, sweaty and flustered, my night clothes clinging to me like a second skin. I had the nightmare again. It was a long time since I last had it- when was it again? A few years ago? I didn’t want to revisit the past.

Checking to make sure I didn’t wake up Seo Chan, I made my way to the bathroom.

"You’re unusually quiet today," Seo Chan mumbled as she looked at me worriedly. We were walking to the café where EXO M was supposedly waiting for us.

"Don’t worry, I’m fine," I said, not wanting to burden her. I faked a smile but she didn’t seem reassured but she had no time to say anything as we spotted only.. Kris and Luhan?

They waved and yelled," Hurry Up! You guys always take so long!."

Seo Chan rolled our eyes and laughed.

So it turned out that the rest of EXO M was filling in for Kris and Luhan because of today. We caught up on what happened in the last few days but I wasn’t really following what they were saying.

A leek, black limousine pulled up and Kris opened he doors

"Ladies first"

"Wow~," Seo Chan gasped as we climbed inside. I could not help but stare around in amazement at the large interior of the limo, taking in the polished leather seats and assorted refreshments.

Kris tried to hide a smug grin but to no avail. Luhan and I looked at each other, giving each other mischievous looks, knowing that it was obvious Kris liked Seo Chan.

"Why are you so quiet today? Did something happen?," Luhan asked with wide worried eyes. I stared into them, melting into his dark brown yes. I felt as if I could tell him everything. It was as if there was a connection between us.

I shook my head and tried to clear my thoughts.

"I don’t know why but it seems like I know you," he whispered, hisvoice hoarse with emotion.

"Maybe," I murmured as we stared at each other, transfixed by the mysterious aura of the other person.

"GET A ROOM WILL YA!"

Seo Chan hit me with a pillow and I broke out of our reverie awkwardly. I glared at her which only made her throw more pillows at me. Where the hell did these pillows even come from? Did this limo also have a bed? Kris and Seo Chan hi fived each other. They could be such kids at times.

The limo came to a half, causing everyone to jol forward. I landed awkwardly on Luhan’s lap while Seo Chan landed on the floor with one leg sticking up to the ceiling.

Kris and Luhan chucked. Obviously they were used to this lifestyle. They were probably used to everything that happened here, in Korea so why did they want to associate themselves with us? Did they have ulterior motives?

---

Screams could be heard as reality kicked in. I had forgotten that Kris and Luhan were idols. Drop dead gorgeous idols. Smoking hot idols. Kpop idols which ruled the lives of many fangirls. Enough said.

"Meet you guys here in five hours ime!"

And with that, Kris and Seo Chan took off running, trailing hundreds of screaming fans behind them.

Luhan grinned to me and we both knew what we were thinking at that moment.

Run.