The first decision

Exotic (on hiatus)

It had become a habit to observe carefully my surroundings. I think I was quite good at judging the various situations I was confronted with. Of course, I can’t deny that since I came here I was completely at loss. I’ve always been convinced that wherever you may go, human nature never changes. But customs do… and I have to admit I couldn’t quite fathom what was expected from me. Why did Lord Sheffield take me under his care? I was nothing but a burden. Of course, he was rich so what was one more mouth to feed to him? I wanted to believe he was genuinely kind. But my life as a servant at the Choson court had taught me otherwise. Even the most apparently inoffensive old men had hidden purposes.

The King was looking intently at me. I could tell he was intrigued by me. It was probably due to my features: Occidental men are so different from us, Asians. He was beautiful too. Though a kind of arrogance was emerging from him. But he was a King and this fierce look was inescapable I guess.  

Suddenly, Lord Sheffield and the King weren’t talking anymore. Lord Sheffield bowed again and the King tilted his head to me, his eyes planted in mine. I thought I was meant to bow too, but before I had time to do so, he gestured for me to follow him and started walking away.

I wasn’t sure I had properly understood the meaning of this gesture so I looked hurriedly at Lord Sheffield who was keeping his gaze on the floor. When I lifted my eyes to the King, he had stopped in his track and was giving me a quizzical look. So I quickly went after him, glancing worriedly above my shoulder toward Lord Sheffield. Why the hell wasn’t he coming? How was I supposed to understand how I had to behave toward a King if he weren’t coming with me to show me?  I

I followed him along a large corridor, meeting some servants on our way who bowed at him. We got into a room with a huge bed at the bottom and a large table in the right corner with some food on it. I immediately understood what was happening.

He sat on a chair at the table and started to eat some fruit. He smiled at me and gestured for me to do the same which I did.

He kept on talking as if I could understand anything he was saying. Though his voice was steady and calm, you could also sense a hint of deep authority. And I came to wonder what kind of king he was, detailing his every feature carefully. I was deep in thought when he called my name and I was startled. He laughed softly, with a sweet kindness in his eyes. He waved for me to come to him. I obeyed and came close. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me on his lap. I had expected him to do such a thing since I had come in, yet I suddenly felt my heart thumping hard in my chest. I couldn’t possibly refuse a king. He wanted me. I felt rubbing against my rear as I moved on his lap. He whispered something in my ear that sent shivers down my spine. I turned around to face him and planted my gaze in his. It struck me: I wanted him at least as much as he wanted me. Actually, I’d never had any experience in this area and I was a bit scared. But he was so beautiful and I needed so much to let go of the pressure I had accumulated from these last months of unending confusion. Since I had left my country, it felt like I couldn’t make any decision for myself. I was brought here and there, told to smile and how and where to eat, the time I had to go to bed, the way to properly pray or dress… nothing was mine, not even the clothes I was wearing. Even being here tonight wasn’t my decision. But sleeping with that beautiful king in front of me was my choice. I needed release more than anything. It seemed to me that I had lost myself somewhere since I came to live with Lord Sheffield. I couldn’t lose more now. I had no reasons to resist.

*****

Hello dear readers!

I hope you're enjoying  the story so far and that it’s not too slow to your taste!

Actually, English is not my mother tongue so I hope the various mistakes you’ll find won’t prevent you from enjoying the story.

The first chapters lack in dialogue as Mir and Joon can’t communicate but don’t worry, it won’t last long!

Thank all of you for either reading or commenting or subscribing, I hope I won’t let you down!