D&M 14

Dreams and Memories
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

                 "Maybe we can have so much more."
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Six years ago, somewhere in Canada ..
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris watched the fluid swirls through the colorless tapered shaped glass. He moves his hand in a spiral manner slowly, senses taking note of the strong aroma of red wine. He lifted it up and took small sips, humming contentedly at the mellow taste.
 
 
 

 

It was December. The start of everyone's favorite holiday in the middle of every student's much awaited Christmas vacation. Praise the  Lord it's finally the beginning of his days rolling around his bed, waking up late noon and an hour to evening. Business school is ty most of the time. He particularly doesn't fancy working in his father's company it's too plain and boring for an outgoing person like Kris. He'd rather walk down the ramp wearing designers clothes and pose garments with a blunt face than be inside a secluded four walls of his soon to be office all busy with papers he isn't willing to read word for word. But what else was there for him to do? no ones gonna take over his father's company but him anyways. He could only say how being an only child .
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Dude, I seriously don't understand why your mother is working her off in conceiving. How old is she again? Sixty what the hell something?"
 
 
 
 

 

Kris clicked his tongue annoyingly at the person who disturbed him in his own tiny solitude. It was suppose to be just him, sitting over a high stool in one of his uncle's bar house drinking by himself with his serene thoughts on hand and a glass of liquor on the other but no, his obnoxious of a cousin had to tail behind after finding out he's out to have fun by himself for the night. He shoots his blabber mouth of a cousin a hard look after almost smashing his glass. "Watch your mouth, it's my parent you're mocking Amber .. " He scowls, index finger tapping on the rim of his glass. He'll dunk the remaining liquor at the other's face if his cousin wouldn't choose her next words well.  And his mother is not that old by the way.
 
 
 
 

 

"I'm sorry! I just find it really silly .. I mean, they could adopt." Amber snickers, pulling her baseball cap up for Kris to see how she finds his parents desperation in producing another heir to the Wu corporations a laughable thought.
 
 
 

 

"They're not infertile Amber." Kris rolls his eyes. He's exhausted enough to even bicker with Amber regarding his parents wishes of giving him a sibling. He couldn't blame his parents. All his life he was an only child privileged enough to be born in a well off family. He was loved by his parents and taken care of by many. It's only natural for his mother to want another tiny being to care for now that Kris's matured enough to think of leaving the country and studying abroad. Plus their house grew dull over the years, it's as if no one even lives there at all. It needs a little noise, like a tiny baby's cries perhaps.
 
 
 
 

 

He too wanted a sibling, though he'll never say it to Amber's face knowing what kind of a person his cousin is.
 
 
 

 

"You don't know that, your probably just an adopted child and their clenching their fragile hearts because they can't bear telling you when they know their baby Yifan will get hurt .." A crumpled face, a whiny voice and a pouty lips was all Amber have to conjure for Kris's temper to burst.
 
 
 
 

 

"Will you shut up?" Kris glares all out. He's not the most patient person on the planet when his cousin(s) are around. They always stir trouble, intentional or not. Waking up with both Amber and his other childish cousin half- behind bars that night after their high school graduation was still gleaming inside his head.

 

 
 
 
 

 

The offended look in Kris face's what causes Amber to blast off like a rocket, laughing hysterically on the floor. The surrounding people were giving them pestered look and Kris groans, affronted at the latter. The way the other snorts and flail her limbs on the floor like a pig lost in some obscure happiness, he don't know her at all. In fact, they're not related by anything.
 
 
 
 

 

Amber collected herself and was about to sit on her claimed throne when a high pitched voice screams high above anything else. "Yoeh..  Josephine, Kevin Ge!" The voice says, pausing Amber from sitting. Kris grumbles, forehead creasing immensely annoyed. He went out to be by himself, not to be tangled up with his mentally challenged relatives. He didn't have to look back to know who the shilling person was. Amber's offended profile was enough to put a face on that irritating voice.
 
 
 
 

 

"God dammit Henry!" Amber professionally swears, snapping at the new comer blonde boy with tiny eyes that made himself at home beside the other. Amber lowers her head, shielding her face from the onlookers who have heard their cousin bellowing her real name and sniggering at her.  
 
 
 
 

 

"Now, do you always have to be so harsh .." Henry, the other childish cousin of Kris, whines petulantly at Amber. The boy was trying hard to look cute. It was nothing else's but ridiculous .
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Great. Another idiot.. " Kris whisper through the thick indoor air.
 
 
 
 

 

"Do you always have to address me by my birth name?!" Amber cussed frustratedly, startling the Barista who just broke a glass.
 
 
 
 

 

"Uh-huh, it sounds pretty." Henry chirps, looking around the bar counter like a little boy shopping for toys before looking over at Kris and giving the older male a wink. Kris rolled his eyes incredulously.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"I'll give you a pretty beaten up face how's that sound?" Amber threatens, " And what's a little boy like you doing here anyways? It's way past your bedtime baby, you should be at home waiting for mommy to read you a bedtime story .. " Amber pats Henry head, sarcastically cooing the teenager baby.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris mentally facepalmed. After fifteen minutes the two went from bickering like childish preschoolers to talking about hot girls, pink laces and the next two minutes. Yes. They're idiots like that. Such neurotics to be recognized as children of one of the most respected business people in Canada. "Agh.. These amateurs. Seriously. " He grunts. He decided to pay attention to his disregarded drink. It was rather more entertaining that the two idiots he's with. He took a hold of his drink with right hand, lips barely touching the rim of the colorless glass. His mouth and throat were ready to savor the bittersweet of red if it haven't been for his brown eyes that have caught a glimpse of something that deliberately made him stationary on his sit with his breath all held back.
 
 
 
 

 

Something, Someone.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Right across from where he was seated, on the other side of the bar counter sat a black haired male in a white cardigan sweater. The male was leaning on the bar, both elbows resting flat on the table with a hand on what appears to be a bottle of a particular brand of liquor. Kris's eyes can hardly decipher the brand of alcohol the male was holding since the male was sitting at the dimmer part of the place.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris didn't know what or why but his eyes couldn't stray away from other. He was never the one to be stunned at someone he just met or saw for a brief encounter, but maybe he's about to meet that one person who will. Hence, his attention retained on the male, looking at the him with his drink left, ignored again on the table.
 
 
 

 

Kris observes how the male stares at the bottle in front, seemingly deep in thought. Kris stays still as the male suddenly grabs the bottle and tosses it up, gulping the alcohol on one go that Kris, even for a person who's sitting from a distance could sense some desperation on the other male by the way the male all the fluid out of the bottle's tiny orifice like a thirsty beggar, closely leaving it on the table half-empty. The grimaces and displeased winces tells Kris that the other male isn't a drinker, and probably have a low alcohol tolerance. He smirks. Kris could bet his all that the male is already drunk since he looked dizzy and slightly disoriented. He see's the other as one of those college boys who merely wants to go out for a massive drinking, since it's the all time trend.
 
 
 
 
 

 

When the male across Kris nearly hurls all the irritant fluid out and sharply chokes, Kris bent his elbows in interest and continued staring at the latter with amusement in his feeble chuckles. Why was this male trying hard to intoxicate himself was both a mystery and a doing of a reckless fallen out boy for Kris. But nonetheless, the latter caught his attention. He chuckles for awhile as he thinks of reasons why the male was wasting out like . He probably failed a subject, crashed his parents car, impregnated some random women or, the most famous problem of young adults: Brokenhearted. He inwardly smirked. Wondering was a much better thing to think about rather than listening to his cousins talk about their most embarrassing moments in life which by the way, Kris have heard already over a hundred times. His faint laugh stops down when the other male sitting across him looks up, scanning his surrounding until his black narrowed eyes inadvertently locking gazes with Kris's observant ones.
 
 
 

 

And .
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris shivers down.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

The male in white cardigan sweater was stunning, no, erase that. He was pretty, flawless, his features were remarkably angelic. Lighting might be dim but Kris knows beauty when he spots one. The male's extremely fair complexion matches perfectly with his dark slick hair that covers half of his eyes when he looks down. His slight flushed cheeks, those deep dark eyes blinking temptingly, and those captivating moist pinkish lips. He could almost feel how cold those lips are from the iced liquor. Kris gulps, out of the blue he unexpectedly couldn't sit still on his seat. The male was nudging something inside Kris's rib cage in a fluttering, pounding thrill he couldn't explain it well himself. The way the male blinks those round black eyes somberly and how he stares disinterestedly away, breaking their subtle eye contact, made Kris widely  whimper inside. Pleading the other to look back at him again. C'mon.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Truly, the male looks like a fallen angel sent to earth to hypnotized mankind. But something, something was sinfully wrong about him. Angles were suppose to be all smiling with shine, lovely and vibrant but this one over there was different. Kris hears his heart beat dully when his own eyes saw drops of tears steaming down the male's white perfect face. He held his breath at how the male's cheery lips wobbled, how the face he admires in less than a minute breaks into a crying masterpiece, silently weeping. Mindless of the bitter liquid cascading down his flawless cheeks. The tears looks so wrong in his face and Kris can't help it. He can't help but to angrily ask.
 
 

 

Who hurt you? What's making you cry? Tell me.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Might be due to the eagerness to comfort a stranger, to drag him out of his forlorn state or maybe Kris just can't take the heaviness in his heart by only watching the male sob in melancholy, he found himself on his heels and ready to walk around the counter that separates them just so he could approach the other. He wanted to talk to him so badly it was crazy to even feel that kind of emotion towards a stranger and he's never been that kind of person in the first place. And now he can't even help himself. His feet were asking him to move and all his being wanted was to follow.
 
 
 
 

 

He was about to walk off when his immature of a cousins pulled him disapprovingly. "Just where are you going Yifan..?" Amber looked confusedly at him.
 
 
 

 

"We'll crush into a friend's party wanna come?" Henry asks, all smiling and dangerously excited.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris looks at both his cousin with an irked expression on his face. "No :. just-just go without me. " He waves his hand dismissively. He pulled his arm back, turned his head around and pivoted on his heels away from his relatives. The other two were left wondering but both then shrugged it away and left in a hurry. Kris returned his eyes on that particular spot by the counter, wholeheartedly expecting to see a pretty male in white. As his eyes transfixed on a certain chair, he grumbled curses in both English and Cantonese.
 
 
 
 
 

 

The male was gone.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

His heart shrunk he doesn't even get why it's so. "Where is he?" He asks no one in particular, brown eyes wandering and head kept darting at all the different corners of the said bar. He even checked the comfort rooms, ignoring the women who seduces him to stay and have fun with them, approaching all the men in white to only sighed in dismay. The male was nowhere to be found. How could he lost him in a moment?
 
 
 
 
 

 

He frustratedly sighed. He couldn't believe he nearly raid the entire place just so he can ask a despondent male what the hell was wrong with him. He realized his unreasonable reasons was beyond intelligible. With both his head and shoulders hanging in disappointments, Kris scuffles out of the bar decided to head home. He passed through people trying to walk in the bar, skidding out of the entrance. As soon as his feet sets foot on the long cold street, he begun lumbering down the cool alley, hands tucked into his pockets for warmth, mind audibly groaning to himself. Maybe the male was still nearby. He could still catch him and probably ..
 
 
 
 
 

 

And probably ..
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"What.. " He questions himself pensively as he stops at the next street post. Then after he found the male then what? He was unsure on what to do later on. How can a stranger like him ask another stranger what damn was wrong with him? He'll probably thinks he's a freak snooping on someone else's business. Feeling strangely agitated, he ran a hand down his face in contemplation, finding himself rather recklessly pathetic for chasing a guy he haven't even formally meet.
 
 
 

 

Finally thinking he should go and find his car, he padded towards the parking lot where his vehicle is safely kept. He'll just sleep all the odd thoughts off once he gets home. He'll try, at least try not to think of that particular male.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

The parking lot was empty and silent when he got there. He found his car at the third row, he speedily unlocked the security and goes to open it. With one long leg he was about to get in, wanting to leave the soonest only if a certain person's flawless features with round crinkled eyes crying crestfallen tears did not crossed his mind like a bolt. Great.
 
 
 
 
 

 

He closes his car back again and rest his back against it. He breathes out, ruffling his short black hair after rubbing both his gloved hands for a comfortable warmth. He was hoping the male was alright and-
 
 
 
 

 

This is ridiculous. It doesn't concern me of whatever that guy's problem is.
 
 
 
 

 

Kris was in the middle of watching the fast car lights ran down the Main Street  while condensing himself for acting out of ordinary, when his ears suddenly picked up faint sounds of metal clanging and stifled whimpers. At first he thought it was nothing and goes to ignore it. But when he hears the suspicious clangorous noise loud and clear it got him pretty much intrigued. The disturbance was coming from the other dark corner of the parking lot not so far from where he was situated. The succeeding alarming sounds made him straighten up in an instant. With curiosity he can't ignore he trundles down the pathway cautiously, careful steps to not make a single stirring sound. Upon reaching the corner, he carefully peered behind the blocked wall to snoop. The scene he saw got him flabbergasted. It made him grit in madness after mere seconds of shocked.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Two figures came to his view despite the steamy air covering the empty alley. One was a taller man clad in dusty thin winter clothes with a black beanie on top of his blond perm head. One look and anyone would know that the man can't do any good. The male was gloriously grinning wide while his hands were seizing up another figure. A person, a frail looking male plastered against the wall with his head limply hanging at the sides. Kris thinks the male lost his consciousnesses. It explains why the frail male's just allowing the other bastard to him with those pair of filthy hands.  
 
 
 

 

Kris felt his entire veins swelter in rage right then and there when he understood the whole commotion. The filthy man was a street thug, sinfully robbing an innocent male. The victim was barely resisting. It was hard for Kris to clearly view the unresponsive victim because of the heavy fog that December brought with it. Needless to say, Kris didn't wait for another second to past before he storms towards the assailant male and tipped him off with a punch, his fist coming in contact with   the robber's jaw toppling the taken aback criminal off the cool ground.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"The son of a !" The thug hisses on the dusky snow ground, spilling the victim's belonging's that he managed to snatched from the innocent male before being startled by the sudden intrusion. Kris looks down, towering the male with rage in his eyes. He could sense that he intimidated the street rat Before him. The thug made an action of crawling away but Kris didn't gave him a chance to do so. He grabbed the man by the collar and without any short talks he thrashes another hit, fast, hard and bruising. Kris was taller than the criminal, fully in advantage to slaughter the other. Kris's grits his teeth more from hearing the man wail in pain after his every buffet strike, hitting the thug in any portion his fist wishes to land. Kris was particularly angry and he can't stop feeling outrageous.
 
 
 
 

 

He watched as the thug sprawls on the ground again, blood dripping out of his teared lips and broken nose. The poor thug looked terrified as he could be pissing on his pants already. Feet pushing off the ground, the beaten up man scrawls away once Kris dangerously took another step to grab the other up.
 
 
 
 

 

"S-Stop .. "
 
 
 
 
 

 

The thug shields his arm for Kris upcoming beatings after being caught by his collar by a seething collage student. When the punches didn't come the street thug stood up, gleans and pocketed all the belonging he managed to snatch from the innocent male. He scurries off taking advantage of the chance when Kris was left distracted on the spot.
 
 
 

 

Kris heard the animal fleeing away but he didn't bother running after him. His attention was tied around the breathless male glued against the wall. The stinging pain localizing on Kris's knuckles slowly fritters away. His bawled fist gently uncurls and his flaming senses became to nothing as his brown eyes wander over the figure next to him. He was right. The male was indeed beautiful, even more beautiful up close despite the pained gestures.
 
 
 
 
 

 

It's him.
 
 
 
 
 

 

The male in white cardigan sweater. The one his eyes were looking for.
 
 
 
 

 

Kris's trance of admiring thoughts broke when the angelic male weakly fell on the ground on all fours. Kris gasped in shock, he deliberately kneeled and worriedly held the male." Hey, are you alright? Are you hurt somewhere?" He urgently asks, concern in his every word. He couldn't help the chance to study the other's features up close. He found himself at awe. He's just so beautiful, he could just stand there and stare at him all night.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris held the male up. The guy was lighter and nearly scrawny. Kris wonders if he's swallowing any nutritious food at all. Well, he saw him drinking like a pro so maybe no, and the male's smaller than what he have thought. His worry changed into horror when he saw a fresh purple discoloration at the corner of the male's lips. That prick of a robber hit the male in his arms. Now he regrets ever letting the ing thug get away with just his punches. He could've just murdered the guy when the chance was there for him three minutes ago. His worry rises when the male starts grasping for air. Kris would've felt butterflies in his stomach when the pretty male lunges onto him for support, he would've stare longingly at the latter's opened lips that were tiny small spaces away from his: he found them full and kissable. He would've let himself get lost in the latter's eyes but he didn't because the male was practically inhaling needy sharp fast breathes, chest heaving fast, tears and pained cries rises as the second passes by.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

The angelic male was barely breathing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

He rushed the male inside the emergency room after going through a crazy long drive that tipped the hand of his speedometer. He was shaken as he frequently glances at the male curled palely in his arms. No one ever made him feel rattled and sick worried like he does towards the other male. It feels new.
 
 
 
 
 

 

The moment he arrived at the receiving area with a struggling male in his arms, the medical personnel's took over instantly. They cooped him up and placed him securely on a stretcher. Kris was striding along as they wheeled the male to the nearest empty bed, not daring to look anywhere else's but at the male.
 
 
 

 

Kris stood anxiously at the sides as the nurses assess the condition of their patient with a nurse patiently asking Kris informations he barely managed to reply to out of agitation. The attending nurses gave way to a tall blonde women in white coat who removes the stethoscope slinging around her neck and hover over the patient. The curtain was asked to be closed.  Seeing the weak male closing his eyes as he desperately gasp air through the face mask was that the last glimpse Kris saw before he soon fell in a Pitt of fear.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

For thirty minutes Kris sat impatiently on the waiting area, occasionally standing and pacing back and forth with a hand rubbing his nape or running his fingers nervously through his black hair. He's never been that nervous in his life, even when he first walked down the stage modeling clothes in front of hundreds of people with scrutinizing eyes. He didn't even snapped at the medical personnel's who unintentionally bumped into him in hurry. He kept looking at the area where the medical team were attending to the male. He hopes that the male was somehow okey.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Not long after, the curtain finally spreads open and the women in white coat walks towards him.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"How is he doctor?"
 
 
 
 

 

Within the span of ten minutes, Kris found out that the male was asthmatic. And asthmatic people shouldn't be drinking wine (It contains component that triggers an attack) or that, they shouldn't be drinking excessively at all. Also considering the cold weather of December that isn't conducive to these type of people with such lung condition. Stress and traumatic events could aggravated it too. Kris could only nod while eyeing the calm unconscious male from a distance.
 
 
 

 

"He'll be alright." Were the words that relieves Kris from his anxieties. "But I need to talk to his guardian, we need to admit him for close observation Mr. Wu." The doctor says. Kris looked dumbfounded. How was he going to contact the male's parents? He doesn't even know the guy's name.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"These are the only item we found in his pocket Sir." Kris extends his hand when a nurse came to his side proffering two small items. Kris remembered that the prick thug took all of the male's possessions. Be it Cellphone and wallet. He stares keenly over two cards he received. One was a membership card and the other was an identification card. The male's school ID.
 
 
 

 

His thumb lingered a bit on the smiling profile picture of the male. He's even more stunning when he's smiling, mentally notes. His eyes went below the laminated picture and there. The male's birth name.
 
 
 

 

"Joonmyeon Kim .. " The male's name was.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 Joonmyeon..  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

He mentally pronounced the name, memorizing it in his mind. So the male is Asian. Of course. He could either be a Japanese, a fellow chinamen, or Korean. Kris strongly believes that the the male is Korean. Despite the unfortunate event, Kris found himself smiling for finally knowing the male's name.
 
 
 

 

The nurse's interrupting coughs were Kris's cue to turn the card over for any contact numbers of Joonmyeon's immediate family relatives. Kris turns it over while covering his embarrassment with a serious furrowing of his brows. He particularly checked the back portion on who to contact incase of an emergency. At the bottom he saw four contact numbers. He was certain two of which were contact numbers used abroad so he opted for the third one.
 
 
 
 

 

The person named."Byun Baekhyun."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

It was already three hours past midnight so seeing Joonmyeon's "relatives" rushing inside the private room (Kris chose) in their animated pajamas was understandable for Kris. Baekhyun, the one he contacted and Luhan, the taller male with feminine features, panicky trudges towards the bed crying once they saw their friend- Kris found out they're only platonically related afterwards- Kris stood behind them patiently, waiting for their cries to smoothen down. Specially Luhan's who was bawling like an infant.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Thank you .. For saving Joonmyeon.. "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"It's nothing .. " Kris replies to Baekhyun when the male finally felt another presence in the room. Luhan, which Kris recognized as Chinese only gave him a grateful nod before caressing Joonmyeon's fridge away, silently sniffling as he whines in sobs.
 
 

 

"He wasn't allowed to drink much it's -"
 
 
 

 

"His asthma. The physician told me about it. " Kris says, looking over the sleeping one on the bed. His eye twitch as he saw that bruised blow at the corner of his lips. He fisted his hands behind him.
 
 
 
 
 
"He wasn't even suppose to be out of the house Baek. It was your turn to watch him right? where we're you?! none of this would've happen if your only following our agreement. He wouldn't be hurt like this!" For a moment, Kris almost didn't recognized the innocent looking Luhan he initially categorized as childish after hearing him sob hysterically. His voice sounded sharp and rude with pretty face crumpled in miffed and judgement. He was blaming Baekhyun.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"I texted you Luhan. I told you I'll be staying in a friend's house to finish a group report and-"
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Lies." Luhan counters before Baekhyun finishes talking. The firm hand clinging around Joonmyeon's wrist was a clear indication to Kris that Luhan's the possessive/protective type of friend.  
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Joonmyeon needs a quite environment. " Kris starts before the two begun shouting at each other. The other two turns in surprise to Kris as if they forgot they weren't alone.
 
 
 
 

 

"It's okey Kris. We can take it from here. You should go home it's already three in the morning. And you look tired. We'll take care of Joonmyeonie.." Kris felt a tad bit jealous hearing Luhan muttering the Joonmyeon's name in his own endearment. He secretly wished he'll be able to call Joonmyeon other endearing names in his own liking too. Though he can't be so sure why he wants to.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris honestly wanted to stay behind and watch as Joonmyeon slumbers up till he opens his eyes. But the dark gloom hanging over the two males made Kris nod. "I'll swing by in the morning .." He announces, walking straight to the door. He hears a handful of thank you's from the two on his way out. Kris smiles amiably. And just before he closes the door behind, he made sure to catch a glimpse of Joonmyeon's sleeping form.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

What Kris's meant by "I'll swing by in the morning .. " was exactly three hours after he left the hospital room. He wasn't a morning person so his mother looked very much startled finding Kris all dressed up and ready to go at six in the morning. He actually didn't got any sleep.
 
 
 
 
 

 

He was up thinking too much of Joonmyeon. The only remedy he thought of to alleviate these unusual tidal emotions was to drive in haste to the hospital, the buttons on his way up the floor to where Joonmyeon's suite room was situated. Taking long quick strides to reach suit room 332 in no time to only stand idly outside the door as he nervously thinks of any appropriate words to say to Joonmyeon- How is he?- he hopes he's awake and alright.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Baek .. Stop. Just stop!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"No .. He needs to hear this!" 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

The door was slightly ajar. Kris heard loud voices arguing inside. It was both Luhan and Baekhyun again. Kris irritatedly groans, why can't they just bicker outside the room instead if screaming at each other's face with a patient recovering inside?
 
 
 

 

"Baek .. "
 
 
 
 
 
Now Kris never have the intention to eavesdrop, but the smoothening voice that softly echoes, slithering out of the slightly opened door changes his mind. He carefully peered inside. There he was, the boy he's been thinking about. Sitting on the bed with Luhan looking defensive and fuming by his side. His eyes were open. He's awake now.
 
 

 

Joonmyeon ..
 
 
 

 

Kris gulps, heart's beating fast as he gave himself a minute to just stand there, silently admiring Joonmyeon's features. The delicate and fairly kind contours of Joonmyeon's face were something Kris haven't seen anywhere else before and God, he's voice sounded thin and light it might lull Kris to sleep if Joonmyeon continues to talk.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"He's not coming back. It's been months since the last time he talked to you. It's over, accept it!" Baekhyun screams at the top of his lungs. Eyes angrily glazing at Joonmyeon. The reverberating words sent Luhan across the room, on his feet face front to Baekhyun with his jaw closed tightly.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Stop this Baekhyun .. one more word and I'll throw you out of the window .. " Luhan snarls, voice dangerously low. Kris was confused with the whole situation but he agrees with Luhan. His grip on the basket of fruits firms as he furtively watch Joonmyeon's face painfully breaks, like a million worth crystal being bulldoze by Baekhyun's spiteful words. Kris actually wanted to shut Baekhyun's mouth up.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"You don't understand Baek .. "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"no.. It's you who doesn't understand Joonmyeon. Do you realized the risk your taking here? You've been drinking, crying every ing day aren't you tired? You've been missing periodicals, never minding paper deadlines, skipping classes to go work saving money so you can afford a ticket back to Korea. Don't even think I don't know that. All of that for what? A boy?! You're throwing what you came here for him?!"
 
 
 

 

Him.. There's a boy.
 
 
 
 

 

Kris closes his eyes as he feels his own  heart slows in disappointments. Joonmyeon was dating someone, a boy. Of course, someone so beautiful wouldn't be free from any type of affectionate relationships for long. He envies that boy who holds a special spot in Joonmyeon's heart at the same time crazing to beat him for making someone like Joonmyeon cry.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Baek .. You don't know how it feels like to wake up everyday not knowing where or how he is. You don't know how it hurts to miss someone or -" Joonmyeon's words trails off as soon as realizations washes over him. He opens his mouth hurriedly like he was about to take it all back, but words were already said. Baekhyun had heard it already.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"I don't know how it feels to be loved by someone like how he pours all his affection on you? I don't know how it feels to be in a serious relationship with someone for more than a month? I don't know how ing heaven it feels when someone makes love to me everyday or kiss me even in front of many, I don't know how it feels to Miss someone because I don't have that kind of guy who'll stay with me after he ed me. Why can't you finish your words and say it straight let me hear it Joonmyeon!" Baekhyun's hands were bawled in a fist. His expression turns red, tightly suppressing any words he might regret saying later. Luhan looked powerless in between his friends, helplessly breathing.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"I'm- I'm sorry Baek, that's not what I was implying ." Joonmyeon's voice cracked at his heartfelt apology. His eyes begging for forgiveness. The apology softens Baekhyun's heartless expression, his bawled fist slowly unclenches. Luhan stood in between the two, eyes becoming teary. "I love him Baek .. " Joonmyeon professed in a faltering tone. Tears welling inside his eyes as he enunciates every word to the others with emotion. Kris felt a pang of something over his heart at the confession. "I think I'll go crazy waking up another day without hearing his voice, seeing his face or even just reading his texts ..  " His shoulder's starts shuddering, his sniffles becoming a sequence of loud devastating sobs and hiccups it was heartbreaking to hear. Even for someone like Kris. "I miss him .. " He says, clutching a portion of his chest.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Well too bad I can't handle you anymore. I'm calling your brother. " Unaffected, Baekhyun moves to delve his fingers into his pocket for his phone. Luhan actioned on stoping the latter and Joonmyeon looked stricken in panic.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"We can handle this Baek you don't have to. " Luhan protests in desperation.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"I had enough." Baekhyun ran his long fingers through his hair, sighing heavily in exhaustion. "You said I don't know how it feels to lose a lover huh. We'll you don't know how it feels to be toss behind by your own best friend  .. " Joonmyeon and Luhan looks puzzled so Baekhyun went on. "We talked about this didn't we Joonmyeon? We dreamed about this. We promised each other we'll fulfill our dreams of becoming sought after authors, together. It's here Joonmyeon. It's right here. We're so close all we have to do is work for it to happen. " Baekhyun sternly points. "And you don't care about it anymore because all you think about is him."
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon was speechless. The three of them were speechless till Joonmyeon poured his tears while saying "I'm sorry Baek .. I didn't know you see it that way.. " Luhan looks weak as he ran to his friend and hugged him, running a hand down his back. "I'll try .. " was all Joonmyeon have to say for Baekhyun to skitter close and embraced him as well.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

And if Kris stayed a bit. He would've heard Joonmyeon longingly crying someone's name. The boy he misses the most.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Two months. It had been two months since the last time Kris saw Joonmyeon and his friends. And it's been two months he's been cursing himself for wanting to see Joonmyeon so badly. He wasn't a fool not to realized how he's head over heels smitten with Joonmyeon. The only lonely fact that creates a bitter taste in Kris's tongue is that, the person he might as well in love with, was still in love with his long distance lover. Oh how Kris kept yelling those words inside his head. Yet stubbornly so, his heart kept retorting that Joonmyeon's hurt and he needed someone to ease the pain. Someone who wouldn't leave him without notice. Someone who wouldn't let a single miserable tear fall from Joonmyeon's round gently eyes. Someone who'll love him for real and wouldn't dare walk away.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Someone like Kris himself.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

He'll be there around four. Good luck.
 
 
 

 

For two months he shamelessly called Baekhyun and Luhan, persistently checking up on Joonmyeon asking if he's okey, if he's eating well or is that guy finally called Joonmyeon or if not, "I-is he seeing anyone?" Kris's straightforward and unabashed like that. They kept teasing him with Kris denying the obvious reason that: He likes Joonmyeon. He wanted to see him again and the latter's friends weren't fools to not figure out Kris's unuttered likeness towards Joonmyeon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Yifan honey, you have a visitor. "
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris feels his mouth drying. Joonmyeon was in his house. In his darn house. Probably waiting for him down in the living room. For two ing months he's finally gonna see him again. "Ye-ah.. " He stutters as he walks out of his room. Amber would laugh at his face endlessly once she sees him blushing like he does now. Because Wu Yifan never blush in front of anyone, he never have. Becasue Wu Yifan wouldn't spent three hours in his walked in closet scrutinizing his clothes on what perfect to wear to look good for someone. Because Wu Yifan wouldn't walk down the staircase looking like a marshmallow stick in nervousness and unexplained furor.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

His hands were sweating as he stood unsure of himself. He saw the familiar small figure, the familiar clear flawless skin, the same black hair. Kris gulps as he choked a breath seeing Joonmyeon's admiring their family portrait with his back facing him. Kris was thankful for that portrait. It buys him some time to gathers his s up. He drags his feet causing a disturbing sound that startles the other. And every second it took for Joonmyeon to swivel his head was like time bombs detonating inside Kris's chest.
 
 
 

 

"Hi .. " The melodious voice says, impaling Kris's ability to speak. "Kris Wu?"
 
 
 

 

Kris didn't seem to hear those words. He can't help but be enchanted at the male before him. The pale glow he remembers was now replaced by a different one. He looked healthier under the light of morning than the last he saw him drunkard and wasted. Even if Kris could still see glints of sadness in the latter's round clear eyes, he knows he's bits by bits recovering. "Ummm? Hello?" Joonmyeon leans. Neck craning to interrupt Kris from his own thoughts.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Yifan.. call me Yifan .. " Kris will throw a feast for not stuttering in front of the male he likely wants to be his. But when Joonmyeon's smile outshines all forms of beauty's Kris have seen in his life, he doubts he'll ever be the same again after that moment.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Yifan .. " Joonmyeon repeats the name as he nods with that smile that crinkles up his eyes. Kris was melting inside for hearing his own name rolling out of Joonmyeon's mouth.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"My friend Baekhyun, he told me you can help us out."
 
 
 
 
 
 

"Oh Yes Baekyun.. he called me. So, when can we start our session?"

 
 
 
 
 

 

"Today would be nice. I mean, if you're free."
 
 
 
 
 

 

"I'm free. Perfect then."
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon needs someone.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

And Kris will make sure it's gonna be him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

               

 

                "Cause i wan't to love you."
                             
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Silence.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

There's a pregnant silence wafting above the horde of listeners once Kris's words came to a tortuous pause. The blonde male chuckles, eyes still on the wine. He carefully turns his head to see his lover's reaction. His chuckles gradually springs out into smiles and gummy grin upon seeing Joonmyeon staring at him, eyes wide and glassy.
 
 
 
 

 

"Yifan .. how .. could you?"Joonmyeon floundered, he honestly doesn't know what to feel. He couldn't believe Kris hid it from him for the past two years. "You should've  .. told me .. " Stinging moisture at the corner of his eyes. It was such a scene to be even caught crying in front of his friends, in front of Jongdae. But his heart couldn't contain the tight lidded emotions that was becoming more and more hard to control.
 
 
 

 

With the tip of his thumb, Kris fondly wipes the tears that drips from his lover's eyes. He smiles, "And then make you feel uncomfortable around me? " He retorts skeptically. Joonmyeon wants to say something back, anything at all but then Kris gave him a simple shook of his head. "Later, we'll talk about this later."  He says with finality in his tone.
 
 
 
 

 

"Joonmyeon .. " The soft voice steals the couple's attention. Joonmyeon wanted to swear himself for shredding tears. For a short pace he forgot he's in a friend's place with his ex around. He exhales, calms his chest to regain his composure. He focused on the one who called him in a querying tone, Yixing.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"It's okey if you don't wanna tell us about .. it .. but I'm just wondering what happened to your ex?" Yixing inquires, brows furrowed with facial expression contours in nothing else but innocently curious. Joonmyeon's face drains from any vibrant colors with the question his heart isn't ready to answer. Now it's quite clear that Jongdae didn't mentioned anything about their past relationship to Yixing same way he didn't to Kris. He's confused if he should feel relieved or disappointed about it.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon's doe eyes fleeted to the still person besides Yixing as if the action would make the Chinese male understand. The boy he loved left him before. That boy came back and is now sitting beside Yixing as the Chinese male's boyfriend. Simple.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"I-" Before he could give a decent response to Yixing, if a lame make up excuse to veer the subject away can be even considered decent ( He can't just tell Yixing. It would be suicide) Luhan was already on his march to answer the question in behalf of Joonmyeon.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Joonmyeon's ex is dead. Cold, lifeless and rotting in his grave. Curse his soul ..  " Luhan impudently says that made Yixing gasp incredulously at Joonmyeon, eyes asking for confirmation. Joonmyeon gave him a strangled smile. "Our Joonmyeonie got all over him decades ago so to talk about that guy here is a waste of time. But Kris, " Joonmyeon doesn't know how hard he had been gripping on the sides of his chair until it felt cool and tingly. Luhan and his mouth have got to be sew permanently. He can't sit still waiting for the forthcoming words Luhan have for Kris. He'll bet his life it's all bulls.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Xiumin looks like he wants to ask something too but goes to his sweet silence when Luhan talks in. He knew more than to cut Luhan off. Occasional attempts were enough to make him sit there in silence. Yixing was also waiting, with his brows meeting in wonder. Jongdae was plainly sitting there, he's lost in the depths of unfurling emotions, eyes gazing at Baekhyun who in turn stares back chin up with all his inside guts nervy. Kyungsoo was bitting his lip, breathing in shallow huffs while Chanyeol was reaching for a kikimbap roll. He tastebud's likes it much.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"If you'll ever get the chance to meet the person who left Joonmyeon .. Face to fa-" The honey haired male tentatively pause from talking, taking note of how Joonmyeon eyes him, dangerously. His friend was glaring at him, dark eyes filled with bloodshot warning. He knows he'll get his whipped once Joonmyeon get's a chance to drag him to a lone place. But right now? He doesn't give a .
 
 
 
 
 

 

Luhan .. Stop this right now.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Luhan smirks at Joonmyeon with all the iness he's bestowed with.  
 
 
 
 
 

 

You wanna know how Kris will react right? Well listen very, very carefully baby.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

" .. what will you do to him?" Luhan chimes excitedly. Giving Jongdae snippets of his wicked grin.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris hums thoughtfully at Luhan's question. He looks over his shoulder, eyes intently locking with Joonmyeon's, taking all his time to answer. Joonmyeon trembles on his seat, he couldn't take the twisting and churning of his stomach as he waits for his boyfriend's answer. He took quick glances at Jongdae worriedly and he must have gulped his tongue down because having to see Jongdae looking all over Kris earnestly is dreadful to watch. His heart and mind both suggesting for an early flight away from all mess the world conspired against him yet he remains stapled on his chair.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Thank you .."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Two words stopped Joonmyeon's lungs from breathing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"I'm sorry what." An offended face and voice bellowing every airy words. Luhan snarls like someone just said his mother is ugly. Everyone could tell Luhan wasn't pleased to hear such unexpected response from Kris. Across the circle, Baekhyun breaths out heavily, like a puppy who got drown deep under heavy water that thank GOd for some miracle it managed to swam ashore. Meanwhile, there's an awaiting upturn curve at the corner of Jongdae's lips as he took minuscule sips of wine, indulging himself with it as he listens.
 
 
 

 

"I don't know what his reasons were for leaving Joonmyeon, but I'm thankful. If he didn't let him go, If he didn't then i wouldn't meet Joonmyeon sitting on that stool that night in Canada. I wouldn't have him in my life right now .. " Kris mutters every words with his eyes only set on Joonmyeon. "But I feel sorry for him though .. he left a beautiful and amazing person.." He said those words with emotions that got Joonmyeon silently sniffling. Kris is never the man to publicized his inner feelings but his doing it anyway. For him.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"He's in Joonmyeon's past. But now, I'm Joonmyeon's present .. " Kris said, ".. and will be his future." He secondly announced.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon's stomach moils at those words.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

There's clapping everywhere, y whistles from Baekhyun and a proud grin from Luhan. Yixing and Xiumin were teasing the couple how Joonmyeon's such a crybaby and Kris for being criminally greasy it wasn't allowed. Chanyeol notices all the loud noise and thus, screams his rough voice to blend in. Jongdae smiles enthusiastically, clanging every silverware while Kyungsoo was the only one with the straight lined lips and a conspicuous frown who inwardly finds everything less amusing.
 
 
 

 

"Time for desserts! " Kyungsoo snaps, voice reaching to impossible decibels to get everyone to stop all the ruckus. Luhan sent him dagger looks that could potentially give the shorter male internal hemorrhage but aside from Luhan's nagging mouth, everyone rooted for desserts.
 
 
 

 

"I'll get it! " Chirpy voice and bright blinding smile, Jongdae stands on his heel before Kyungsoo makes his way to get the sweets. He placed a hand over the shorter's shoulder, saying Kyungsoo's muscle were underdeveloped so let the toned one do the heavy work. Kyungsoo looks hesitant and a bit offended, but agrees anyway. "Baek, care to give me a hand .. ?" The words were kind and askew to pleading.
 
 
 
 

 

The bristling atmosphere stills in a burdening tension that only Joonmyeon, Luhan and the called male Baekhyun were able to feel. Joonmyeon wants to say a thing or two but words were nonexistent for him to spiel. Luhan crosses his arms with sass, a brow perched and lip corners lifting off a dark threat "You better kick his diamonds hard, or else it's yours that I'm gonna pummel.." to Baekhyun.
 
 

 

The brunette male grudgingly took his precious time in standing. Jongdae also took his time waiting for Baekhyun to saunter towards him, an inviting smile across his bow lips. "Sure .. " Baekhyun casually says, walking around and scurried towards Jongdae leisurely. They stood side by side, their gazes collide for a moment. Jongdae tilts his head to the direction of the pantry, sly smile widening every second. Baekhyun clenches his jaw, suppressing his temper from erupting.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Glints of vibrancy between the two males begun fading as the they traipse towards the pantry away from everybody else's eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon perturbingly watched Jongdae and Baekhyun leave. The tapping sounds of their footsteps slowly fainting compels Joonmyeon to follow the two. He was worried and scared because what if something goes wrong between them? "Babe..? " Joonmyeon jerks, startled by Kris's warm breath hitting his cheek. He smiles at his boyfriend who poured water on his glass. He resolved on staying beside's Kris where he should rightfully be. He looks back at the now empty hallway, places his faith that even though it's been years, Baekhyun and Jongdae wouldn't just punch each other randomly. They were once good friends after all.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Yeah.. the-y, they wouldn't."
 
 
 
 

 

"I'm gonna go pee. " Luhan excuses all of the sudden, cooing in Joonmyeon's ear bringing the latter's attention on him. Luhan receives a reluctant nod from Joonmyeon as he watched him looking pass Kyungsoo, feigning ignorance and asking Xiumin to accompany him to the comfort room. Xiumin nicely says a no. Learning from his mistake for falling into Luhan's innocent tricks.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Luhan left the table puffing his mouth in dismay. Guess he won't be having a make out session with Xiumin.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
 
 
 

       

 

           "You came and the sun did shine."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"That little ."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

" him and his treacherous soul."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Xiumin twisted the faucet closed. The squirting shriek of metal and the long exasperated sigh that came out from his mouth harmonized well as he turns his head, glancing over his shoulder to see the taller honey haired male Luhan, hands lost under the bubbly studs of dishwashing detergent, scouring the dishes brutally and slamming every silverwares on the dry clothed lined tray once he was done washing them clean. It's been the fifth time he heard Luhan whispering filthy curses. The foul words and stifled uproars were pretty much giving Xiumin some serious shivers down his bones. Luhan must have been unaware how his soft incautious voice and imprudent words were impairing and shattering enough to be heard by the people cleaning the table in the other room. Xiumin depressively puffs his cheeks when Luhan groans and grumbles again, now with a struggling twitches at the corner of his lips like he's smothering someone inside his head.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Probably he is, and maybe it's Xiumin.  
 
 
 
 
 

 

Is he still mad because of the shirt?
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

The innocent one asks himself as he took another foamy glass and rinsed it.
 
 
 
 
 

 

" he's dead before he-"
 
 
 
 

 

"Um, Lu-luhan ..?" Xiumin asks, voice cautious and a bit scared.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Xiumin gaze stills as he watch Luhan's hands pauses under the cloud bubbles and doe eyes shifting from the wall to him. "Yeah .. Baozi?" and just like that Luhan's face turns from an ultimate creepy criminal to an adorable toddler. Like the kids he saw in his little sister's school play, dressed in fruit costumes, all cuddly and squishy. Xiumin swears Luhan have multiple personality issues.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Um, yeah of course why?" The honey haired male gleefully says with a piece of his radiating smile, too bright that Xiumin needed to close his eyes for a millisecond to save his eyes from blindness.
 
 
 

 

How was he going to say it without offending Luhan, or snapping at him for pointing it out. "Because you were cursing and .. " He gulps fearfully, clearing his throat as his eyes drops on the floor. "You broke two of Yixing's glass casseroles." He points his index at the shreds of glasses inside the opened trash bin. Xiumin decided to swipe and clean the broken crystals on the floor himself when Luhan was too occupied grumbling evil incantations.  
 
 
 
 

 

Luhan follows his line of vision. The honey haired male gapes for another three seconds before clasping a hand over his mouth covering his shock off. Luhan forgot his hand was still foamy, Xiumin also forgot to restrain the smile that came across his lips from seeing Luhan's rather cute reaction. "Oh .. I'm sorry! Sorry I was thinking of .. something .. " The adorable startled expression shimmer to an angered one and veering back to his happy self in an instant. The change of moods is totally confirming Xiumin's suspicion regarding Luhan's personality issues.
 
 
 
 
 

 

He doesn't know if he's in the position to ask but he want's to know what gotten Luhan upset in the first place. Because even if Luhan won't admit it, he's actions shows it all. "What made you upset Lu-Luhan?" He carefully pries.
 
 
 
 
 

 

When he got a deafening silence as an answer, he figured it's something he's involved in because he doesn't know what could've made Luhan mad when he was all giddy over Lunch. It must be the shirt and .. Kyungsoo.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Ahhh .. Kyungsoo.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

The piteous big eyed male couldn't stop looking at him with those pitiful frown and begging eyes. Kyungsoo was abused by Luhan's over the counter bullying plus the honey haired male made the pure Kyungsoo's drunk and wasted all over the table. He should have just sat with Luhan and Kyungsoo wouldn't be all red and hiccuping all over the place outside.
 
 
 
"Kyungsoo's drunk." He said, popping Luhan's bubble.
 
 
 

 

"I know. " Luhan chuckles deviously.
 
 
 

 

"You should have-"
 
 
 

 

"If you're gonna start talking about that owl eyed dwarf, just leave me alone I'm not gonna listen to any of it. " The rummaging and clanking sounds of the dishes being smash together made Xiumin cower on his knees. Luhan ignores Xiumin with a stiffed shoulder.
 
 
 

 

Xiumin roughly gulps before muttering an "I'm sorry Luhan .. " Why did he ended up at fault he doesn't what to figure it out. His feelings is always mixed up confusingly when it involves Luhan, he observes. He rubs his nape regretfully as Luhan brandishes the faucet sprayer hose, sprinkling water everywhere like it's some kind of water gun." Sorry .. is there anything I can do .. to cheer you up? " He gave Luhan his resigned apology. He regrets every word he just said because apparently, how the rosy cheeks of the Chinese male lifts into a creepy grin warns him about his foreboding ..
 
 
 

 

"Kiss me on my cheek. "
 
 
 
 
 
"Wh-what?!" Xiumin shrieks, even though he have seen it coming.
 
 
 

 

"Can't do it? okey." Luhan shrugs, titling his head side to side disappointedly. Xiumin inwardly cries. If he doesn't do it then it will be even harder for him to work with Luhan during filming cause he's sure Luhan's tantrums won't end that same night. He stands there beside Luhan, finger fidgeting and teeth chattering on his lips. His eyes roams at the entire unbleamish expanse of Luhan's fair cheek and damn he's blushing like a high school girl in prom why the hell is he even blushing? Without rational thinking he let his face fall, leans his pursed lips in and presses them at a certain spot on Luhan's cheek. All with his eyes closed.
 
 
 

 

It lasted a little while, longer enough for Luhan to smile with his Boazi's lips still lingering on his cheek. Xiumin draws his face away and looks down on the floor, hands blindly groping for the sponge and plate that needed washing. He looks so stunned, maybe even baffled by his own acts. The shy crimson tinges causes Luhan to smile.
 
 
 

 

"I wasn't referring to my facial cheeks you know .. But, what you did is enough. For now ..  " Luhan mischievously coo's, he nearly died in laughter when Xiumin drops the silverware he was trying to wash off. Luhan pointed the faucet sprayer at Xiumin, willfully wetting Xiumin's front because he so wants to and not because he feels something ticklish inside his stomach he needs to keep his attention occupied to something else than that feeling. Xiumin exasperatedly whines because the water is damn cold and numbing a great portion of his dry skin but then he found himself laughing gleefully when he saw Luhan smiling broadly, eyes slitting and giggles melodiously bouncing inside Xiumin's ears.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Once the two both of them calmed, Luhan resumed on wiping the dishes dry while Xiumin washes the remaining silverwares.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Luhan .. "
 
 
 
 
 

 

The Chinese male looks over Xiumin.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"My.. my shirt is kinda drench. Will you .. umm.. lend me your extra shirt? If - if it's still okey but If it's not I-"
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Be right back!" Luhan delighted squeals were heavenly.  He sprinted out of the pantry, speeding up with his long legs taking wide steps. He didn't  care if he bumped into someone or stepped on Kyungsoo's foot (Who yelped in pain) on his way out of the door. He was too excited to sympathize anyone he even forgets why he was mad boiling in the first place.
 
 
 

 

He shuffles outdoors, fishing his car keys as he beetles his way to his car. He didn't even felt the cold chilly air that kisses his skin for he was too hot looking for his spare shirt, digging down the pile of things inside his car hunting the damn clothe.
 
 
 

 

Once he saw it, which was under Baekhyun's magazines littering inside his car, he pulls it up and gave it a heart to heart cuddle. He's so elated that Xiumin will be using it he'll make sure Xiumin will keep it forever as a remembrance for meeting such an awesome, one of a kind person that is Luhan. "Time to get back .." He giggles like a girl being tickled, swinging it around only to cocked his head down when he saw a lavender colored crumpled paper that flopped itself on his car's carpet floor.  
 
 
 

 

"What's this?" He unknowingly unfolded the paper only to grit his teeth  upon finding out the paper. It's Baekhyun tips into getting under Xiumin's boxer's and pants that was unbeatably, as he can still clearly recall, useless as the person who wrote it. He rolls his eyes in sheer irked, he's about to ripped it into bits when his eyes fell down at his second option which was, by the neat and deft ink , written legibly by Joonmyeon.
 
 

 

2. Ask him out on a date.
 
 
 
 
a) Get to know each other more.
 

 

b.) Keep your hands to yourself. Be nice.
 

 

c.) DON'T BE CREEPY.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Ask .. ask Xiumin ... out?" It was maybe time for him to change his strategy on weaseling his way into Xiumin's boxers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Three things about Luhan is that first, he hasn't been into a normal date. At all. All his sporadic flings and nighty hook up's we're nothing but kissing, groping and satisfying against the wall, or on his door step when he's impatient and unlucky enough to reach the bedroom. He's a certified liberated and male when his job is kind enough to give him a day off. All he ever care was being pleased at the end of the night.
 
 

 

Second is that, he was never the one to demand for someone's attention, hell or ask Someone's phone number, or even to ask someone out on a date. He was the one being asked and begged to be dated. Not the other way around.
 
 
 
 

 

Third thing was, he was fine with how things were because people around him do the worshipping and effort. All he did was indolently wait until his target notices his existence (which normally takes less than a minutes for that person to approach and ask him out. Easy) They always do. Regardless of his gender, they all craved for his pure image. His beautiful face, his y lips, his voice, his body, his everything. With this his life was never boring when his needs calls him in the middle of the night. And the cycle went on and on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No drama, no headaches. It's splendid as it is for Luhan.
 
 
 
 
 

 

And with Xiumin, Luhan is infuriated why all those three are professedly inapplicable.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Luhan stands behind the shorter male who was busy wiping the plates dry. He gulps, shifting his weight from one foot to the other restlessly. He could hear a thumping sound inside his chest. He tries to be deaf of it as much as his conscious mind can cover and focuses on other things than his tampering heart. He fisted his fingers and heck why was he sweating in the middle of winter?
 
 
 

 

"Oh you're back .. " Xiumin noticeably said. Almond eyes looking at Luhan standing awkwardly behind him. He squinted his eyes, wondering why Luhan looks like he's gonna puke on him.
 
 
 
 

 

"Luhan .. something wrong?" Xiumin patiently states, setting the dry article on the table.

 

 
 
 
 

 

How do people ask someone out that'll get them to say Yes straightway?
 
 
 
 

 

He can't really mention like those guys he had. Xiumin would never talk to him again.
 
 
 
 

 

i don't know.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Well he better say something because Xiumin's looking weirdly at him. "He-here .. " Luhan proffers the thick material to Xiumin with a shivering arm. Praise The Lord he remembered the shirt. His hands begun fiddling with the lose threads of his sweater at the edge of his clothe. He feels dumb and it's not normal for a genius prodigy Luhan to feel that way.
 
 
 

 

"Baozi .. ? " He calls, he can't look at him. His ancestors might be all laughing and mocking and condemning him for having his voice crack just by trying to ask someone out. He dives deep in contemplation. Is Xiumin all worth asking out? He couldn't think of any other way to get his hands on the other male. His usual strategies tragically lost it's touches and unicorn sparks. He himself can't believe it. Even Baekhyun and his retarded suggestions ed things up the last time so maybe ..
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Hmm?" Xiumin hums in reply, waiting idly on his spot.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Will you go out .. on a date .. with me?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Wh-at ..?" Xiumin says a long screeched reply, one eye big and the other one bigger. He must have been very shocked.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Luhan furiously whines. Does he really have to repeat himself when he's already embarrassed for initially asking. "You know .." He clears his voice. ".. date, go out with me .. eat dinner .. play at the park, watch a movie and  .... maybe end the day ing .." Luhan blabbers unabashedly. His facial expression looks nonchalant but he's internally pissing himself in all honestly. He just didn't know what appropriate words to say.
 
 
 
 
Xiumin pretends he didn't heard the last word starting with an F endingin a G. It could be something else. A different word. Like 'Fishing'. Luhan's probably into fishes. Yeah. "Ah .. " The soft sound shakes Luhan like he's giving his best not to crumble. Xiumin coughs, gulping something ticklish and itchy he might have swallowed a fly down his throat. He was shocked. The word itself isn't enough to express how astounded he is. After all those assaults, harassment, attempted , lewd texts and pictures he got from Luhan, a date was all too surprising for Xiumin. He even thinks it's a miracle.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"S-o.. will you?" Luhan asks again, his voice sounds impatient, high pitched because damn hell he really is impatient. Contrary to his voice, his eyes were shying away, unable to hold a stare. Xiumin chewed his inner cheek, fighting the heating sensation there.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"S-sure .. ummm .. okey .."
 
 
 
 
 

 

Luhan looks bluntly at him, unsure of what he heard, then he went for a obstreperous "Really?! " Arms flailing, foot jumping on the floor like a bunny seeing a carrot treat.  
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Y-eah.. I um, I'll go out with you and stuff .. " Xiumin sheepishly replied, hand scratching his arm and eyes looking at Luhan's lovely hair instead of the other's glowing face. He'll go out with Luhan, and do stuff's .. except the last F word, he prays.
 
 
 
 

 

Luhan randomly pounced on Xiumin and hugs the shorter one with all he got. He feels lighthearted and happy inside. It's been awhile since the last he felt that way. It nice and warm and he might as well enjoy it. When he pulls back, his heart yip because Yes, Luhan figures he's willing to be condemned by his dead relatives. It's worth it. Xiumin's wide toothy smile tells him everything will be worth it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

         

 

          "My heart would stop without you."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Yeol, hurry up." The lanky male found himself being hurriedly pulled by his tiny lover, dashing off the warmth of Yixing's fireplace towards the cozy outdoor without a farewell. He even forgot to ask Yixing if it's okey for him to take home some black velvet cake. The dark cake was heaven. His taste buds will be craving for it for weeks to come. He can totally tell.
 
 
 

 

"Baek, why are we in such a hurry again?" Chanyeol demandingly asks, a bit over annoyed for being away from those sweets all too suddenly. He pulls his hand away the moment they made it both outside the house. He raised a brow as he watched Baekhyun glaring back at him. He was acting weirdly querulous and irritated like a PMSing woman right after getting all those sweets with Chen. Baekhyun didn't even ate his cake and gave it to him instead. Not that Chanyeol wasn't pleased over the cake.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Stop asking questions and let's just leave okey?" Baekhyun snipes at Chanyeol, breathing heavily. It must be the weather.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Why?" Chanyeol insistently ask, stomping his boot's over the pure snowed street. When Baekhyun said he's tired and wants rest, Chanyeol didn't believe  him so. He could feel his boyfriend conspicuously covering something up.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"If you're not leaving then I am." Baekhyun says condescendingly, clomping his winter boots defiantly in retaliation, shuffling towards Luhan's car and leaving the dumbfounded Chanyeol behind.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"You have me."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Chanyeol sets a foot forward after bellowing those words. Baekhyun stops from inserting a key to look over Chanyeol confusedly. "What did you say?" Not that he didn't heard him, he plainly didn't understood what his lover have said.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"I'll douse all the love I can give. Even more if it's still isn't enough for you to believe me that I love you." Baekhyun's hand that was holding the spare car key's dangled lifelessly at his sides, mouth gaped as Chanyeol waddles on the thickly snowed pavement, balancing himself like a swinging penguin. "And I'm serious. I'm serious about what we have here, you and me." Chanyeol points himself and Baekhyun as he explains. He pulls his feet up from being stuck into the snow then plunging another foot as he trudges towards Baekhyun through  deep snow. He groans at it, helplessly shaking the snow off his garments. Seriously, how did Baekhyun walked that fast at ease towards Luhan's car which was across from his?
 
 
 

 

"I'll make love to you every hour till we're both sore and wasted, that you'll miss me damn much for it when we're away from each other for awhile. I can kiss you in front of thousands of people whether you'll like it or not." He was trying to sound romantic and tunefully fluffy but it's rather hard to keep up with his diligent plans when his right there being encumbered by a great numbing body of snow.
 
 
 

 

"Yeol-" Baekhyun interrupts his lover with a chuckle. It was funny looking at Chanyeol confessing his love when he's looking like an astronaut walking on frost. Still, the cute gesture painted a big smile on Baekhyun's face as his heart understands where Chanyeol's current words's rooting from. It's when he and Joonmyeon were arguing at the hospital not more than six years ago. When he erupted in fury with Joonmyeon's unintended words.
 
 
 
 

 

"And ing you senseless overnight wouldn't satisfy me. It wouldn't be enough for me to leave your side when the sun rises the next day." Chanyeol stumbles when he clumsily stepped on something hard. Turns out it was his foot. Baekhyun exclaimed, attempting to help Chanyeol up but paused when his lover said he's alright. Then comedically stumbling again like the klutz person he is.
 
 
 
 

 

"Yeol, your words are sweet and all but can't you wait till you're here in front of me to say it?" Baekhyun had his gloved hands cover his mouth, snickering as Chanyeol finally stood up, dusting the white snows that sticks on his clothes.
 
 
 
 

 

"Those guys who left you were't meant for you." Chanyeol shrugs his lover's words nonchalantly. He took his one last step away from Baekhyun, now standing tall before his slender boyfriend. His lover's chuckles stops, expression anticipating the next words. "I am.. " Face to face, Chanyeol looks down on his tiny lover with his rarest serious expression displayed as he says those words softly.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Baekhyun's smile diminishes deliberately. He gnaws on his lower thin lip and looks away. He heard those words before. Over and over it only leaves heartaches. He wouldn't take it if Chanyeol decided to leave him too."Yeol, please don't speak any kinds of promises like that. We both know what I've been through with my ex's and .. Just don't say those words if you're not gonna keep it for real." Baekhyun fought but his golden voice still quavered. His chest feels tight.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Didn't you hear any of the words I just said? I told you I'm serious. And I'll prove it to you too .. " Chanyeol looks down to have his hands wander inside his secret pocket over his chest. In his coat he fishes a tiny simple band of silver. ".. with this."
 
 
 

 

Baekhyun's jaw weakens, dropping suite as he mentally curses what Chanyeol's trying to do in front of him. He stepped back, frightened over a ring with three stars twinkling before his very eyes. No, it can't be it.  He can't be doing it now.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kneeling on his knees was hard. Considering all the thick winter clothes he have over his skin. But he'll do it for Baekhyun. Chanyeol bent his knees, slumping on the snow and raising the ring up to his lover with the most heart-moving puppy eyes he could come up with."Byun Baekhyun, I have thought about this. A lot actually. I know it's only been five months since the day we started dating. For five months, when I woke up every morning to see you sleeping cutely beside me, buried in my chest muttering my name in your sleep, or hiding your nose beneath my sheets, you don't know how hard it is for me to get up from my bed and shower, not with you looking all adorable like that. Or when I walked in on you stirring eggs and toasting breads in my own kitchen wearing my own shirt that looks extra huge on you that I could see your shoulder and long pretty legs from a distance, I almost didn't want to leave for work Baek.. " He huffs, breathing mists airs as he exhales. "When you give me a good morning and a welcome home kiss, when we make love passionately, with how you moan my name over and over and how you say you love me. With how you easily get pissed or with how you easily smile with my dry jokes .. Baek, " He calls, his stomach feels ticklish he knew its because of how Baekhyun blushes at him and how he strongly feels towards Baekhyun. "We still have a lot to know about each other, and a long way to go ahead of us but five months, five short months was enough for me to know that I deeply love you. That I want that picture of you sleeping, cooking, laughing, smiling, singing, kissing me, permanently printed inside my head. I want that everyday Baek. And these feelings I have for you told me I can't go on another day if we'll ever lose each other in any circumstances. I want you in my life for good."
 
 
 

 

"Yeol .. " Baekhyun was already crying exuberantly. He didn't want to wipe his tears away. It was a profound evidence of his unyielding happiness and love for the goofy man before him. Baekhyun held his breath, heart beating loudly as he waits and waits and waits for those words he dreamed of hearing from someone who truly loves him.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Baek, will you marry me please?" Chanyeol begs, eyes big and watery with his lower lip jutting adorably at Baekhyun. Appearing like saying no to him would be a great, sinful crime to commit. Anyone wouldn't be tough enough to think twice. He practiced this a lot of times in front of the mirror. Oh he hopes it'll work. He even recited other chessy lines over lunch that kept him from talking with the others. He even feared the others knew about his plans of proposing since it's all they ever talked about over meal.
 
 
 

 

Baekhyun hiccups before he nods profusely, offering his hand. Crying and sniffling over as he feels the engagement band slipping into his ring finger. He couldn't believe it. For how many years did he dreamed of this day? To finally have that someone who loves him enough to ask him for forever. He couldn't keep track. It's finally happening for him now. He's engaged to the man he loves so much that 'overwhelming' was an understatement. "Yes!" He sings joyously. Smiles with the brightest glow. He was happy.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Chanyeol rose up with the biggest grin anyone even seen on him too. He cooped his Baekhyun in his arms, sealing their love with a chaste kiss fast.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"I love you Byun Baekhyun." Chanyeol whispers over the latter's lips. Before kissing his fiancé passionately with all his heart's contains. He's never been unimaginably that happy he thinks he's floating off the damn snowy ground as they kissed fervently. It was one of their best's.
 
 
 
 

 

He understood Kris. He should really be thankful those bastards left Baekhyun. What would his life be if he didn't met Baekhyun at that bookstore? He wouldn't be able to know how it feels like to love and be loved by Baekhyun. With the small male in his arms, he'll make it to a point that Baekhyun will never be left alone anymore.
 
 
 
 

 

Because, "You have me. You have me now." Chanyeol promised. In which Baekhyun nods, his whole heart holding on to those words.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

     "You lose when you give up what you love."
 
 
 
 
              
 
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon tugs the front zipper of his winter coat, bringing it up to his chin to protect himself from the cold breezes whiffling his warm face. He rubs his face with his free hand, nuzzling into the warmth of his layered thick garments. His teeth were chattering, trying to emit heat. It was really cold outdoors.
 
 
 
 
 

 

He pauses to stare at the gloved hand that grips his left securely. Kris was holding him tightly, his feet taking quick steps in order for them to reach his parked car just outside Yixing's apartment. Joomnyeon clutches on Kris's hand, pace keeping up with his boyfriend's long hurried strides. He waddled as he walked, balancing himself as his snow boots spontaneously sinks on the thick bulky snows on the pavement. He shuffles out with the help of a giggling Kris, pulling him up when he saw him brawling down the snow like a sinking polar cub.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They skittered quietly towards the vehicle hand in hand.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris trots around as they reached his vehicle, Joonmyeon following suit with their hands still interlaced. Kris unlocks his red Range Rover and went to open the passenger's seat for his lover to get in. When Joonmyeon stopped him by shutting the door closed again when it was an inch swayed open, Kris glances over his boyfriend with a puzzled creases over his forehead.
 
 
 

 

"Babe?" Kris curiously ask, gazing over Joonmyeon. A hand on the closed door behind the latter.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris found himself pinned against his own car with his lover's body all over him by the next second he blinked. He didn't expect his boyfriend could pushed him speedily. Considering his lover's average height and physical strength that always speaks fragility. Still, Kris was surprised at this while Joonmyeon was on his tilted toes, arms around Kris's neck as he strives to remain up against the other male that is way too tall for him. Kris let out some feeble sounds of his pensive thoughts. He grins pleasingly for having his lover unexpectedly hugging him in the middle of the cold winter evening. He looped his lengthly arms around his lover's svelte waist, steading him."Babe, it's cold here. Let me get you inside.. hmm?" He said in his rasped deep voice that only softens when it's intended for Joonmyeon.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon groans, shaking his head stubbornly with a mulish expression on his face. Making Kris chuckle merrily against his car door. "Just- just let me hug you like this for a second.."Joonmyeon states, voice sadly low as he desperately clings his arms around his lover's neck. Kris laughs behind, propping his chin atop Joonmyeon's head, humming a yes to stay out in the cold only for just a minute.  
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

The surrounding was quite and calming as two bodies in heavy winter clothes remained entangled around each other.
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon tightens his embrace, bites his chapped jittering lips, giving his restrained tears the freedom to roll down his cheeks because he can't take it anymore. He snuggled against Kris's neck. Eyes filled with tears he focused his sight at the dark humid sky, sniffing the air of breezy winter, giving his best not to sob for Kris to hear.
 
 
 
 

 

"You should've told me.." It was perfect that his voice didn't shiver into writhing pain and stuttering cries when he started voicing out his thoughts. And even if he did, Kris would think it's the freezing weather why he's voice sounds broken and hoarse. It's the perfect cover.
 
 
 
 

 

Right in the middle of his vain falling tears he felt Kris's cheeks tightens into a mused smile with his gloved hand grazes up and down Joonmyeon's clothe back. Series of summery breathes, kissing the skin just below his ear.  
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon smiles, spilling more tears from his eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Why didn't you say anything?" Joomyeon asks again after an angelic silence from Kris.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Because, i didn't know how to tell you .. " Kris starts, exhaling. "Luhan and Baekhyun, they helped me a lot back then. Scheming around just so we can be alone together." Kris laughs comically. Bringing Joonmyeon back on their first years of being just friends. Baekhyun and Luhan would invite Kris out to watch a movie at the theaters saying they'll make sure to tag Joonmyeon along. When they're at the cinemas, Joonmyeon and Kris will be left behind awkwardly looking at each other while the two schemers ditched them behind. The tickets were there and it was a waste of money to not make use of it. They ended up watching a romantic movie (specifically picked by Baekhyun) with an equally skin itching dead air between them."You weren't ready for anyone and i didn't want to insist myself." Kris's cheeks feels like a warming metal and he can't be blushing now can he? He was careful not to show too much of himself years ago. But being Just friends with Joonmyeon was harder than he imagined it to be. "I didn't want to scare you off."
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon sniggers softly, his sweet tears never stopped b. He remember those years. He remembered how distant, guarded and quite he is around Kris but warmed up to him in the long run. For being frequently tied together by his friends schemes, Joonmyeon couldn't keep being stoic around Kris who did his everything to be close to him.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"You weren't suppose to know about it." Kris added, thoroughly embarrassed.
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon allowed the ascended blunt surface of his shoes alight on the earth covered by the thick numbing snow. He slides his anchored arms off his boyfriend's shoulders to have his gloved hands cupped Kris's warm cheeks in his clothed palms. He watched how Kris perches his thick brows and his enlarging perturbed eyes.
 
 
 

 

"Why are you crying again?" Kris  anxious concern tangled in a hysterical rough voice that drifts his smile down into a disappointed frown. He lifts his fingers to sweep the tears dry but got held up by Joonmyeon's own hand. He wipes them himself with a smile lying below his nose. He looks back at Kris and softly laughs noticing his lover's blonde locks were almost poking Kris's eyes. He mindlessly tried to tuck it away but it was as hardheaded as the owner itself.  
 
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon kept his silence to leisurely stare at Kris.
 
 
 
 
 

 

When Kris told him that he wanted to be in his life not as a friend, he was perplexed. He wasn't ready and at that time, they were better off as just friends for Joonmyeon. His heart wasn't up to welcome someone new after being trashed by the boy he dearly loved. He rejected him in an instant, apologizing for hurting Kris's sincere feelings, telling him it was best for them both.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris didn't think so.
 
 
 
 

 

Kris didn't gave up after that day. He said he'll wait for him to be ready again. Joonmyeon heaved all his feelings to convince Kris that it's no use waiting. After Jongdae he was just not sure he could love another person without fearing of being at the sidewalk  lost and wandering again. Too bad for Joonmyeon's heart, the Chinese boy was persistent. Kris diligently waited and courted Joonmyeon for three years so he could gain his affection.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Please, give me a chance to love you Joonmyeon.. "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris's shrieking smile when he accepted him was unforgettable, it made him smile too. He gave Kris a chance to show him that he deserves to be happy. He gave himself a chance to be happy again. And Kris didn't give him a single reason for him to regret his decision from the night he said yes up to that fluttering second they're hugging below the heavy winter air.  
 
 
 

 

Today, Kris admitted he actually saw how he drunk himself, helplessly struggling in despair and longing. Knowing before they formally met that he was stuck in his deep-seated love for Jongdae. Despite it all Kris still waited for him, waited for him to open his heart for a new love. For him. That fact alone places a heavy stone over Joonmyeon's heart that he doesn't know how to get rid of.
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon eyes watered just by looking back at Kris. His insides were knotting, squeezing his heart for being so selfish so cruel he wants to hang himself. He'd been caught up with his fear of his own past. His precious memories that pops in and out of his mind with an image of a raven haired boy that continuously haunts his heart, words and feelings that causes him pains that comes and goes like an unwelcome visitor.
 
 
 
 

 

He was so disturbed. He was so focused on that feeling of being hurt and dying in emotional pain, forgetting what kind of pain he'll inflict on someone that didn't do anything else but to just love him.
 
 
 
 

 

Kris.
 
 
 
 

 

He forgot how Kris helped him through the years of uncertainty without demanding to know more about his past. Or even showing interest of knowing Jongdae's name. How he was by his side willing to face tomorrow together. Kris's lingering kisses of love that reassures him that he will never leave him like the other boy did. Kris stood by his side, promised to stay. Kris made him happy. Makes him happy and keeps him happy. He was loved. Kris loves him and all he had to do was say Yes to Kris's proposal and he'll have that happiness well kept in the palms of his hands forever.
 
 
 
 

 

Luhan and Baekhyun were right. Why can't I say Yes? I should just marry Kris. He'll never hurt me. He'll never leave me and he'll only love me.
 
 
 

 

But the pain of his past made him doubtful. It was hard to give away his heart fully, hard to trust someone again. His pains made him realized that relationships are bound to end and the person you love will one way or another find a reason to leave you.
 
 
 
 

 

But Kris is not like that. I trust him.
 
 
 
 

 

But how can you be so sure? a little voice spoke to him like a projection of a part of him that lurks behind his shadow, ready to argue when the chance pops.
 
 
 
 

 

He ignores the pessimistic part of him. A Proposal from an almost perfect person doesn't happen everyday. He knows he's too lucky to have Kris and agreeing to marry him sounds like the best decision he should do, a fairy tale coming true even. He couldn't make Kris suffer of always waiting for him. He needs to decide.
 
 
 

 

"A-about your proposal."
 
 
 

 

Kris's eyes blinks hearing what Joonmyeon said. There was so much hope in his eyes that the way his lashes gleam was hard to put out."Ye-eah?" Kris gulps dryly, heart nervily beating.
 
 
 

 

I'll marry you.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"I-um.." yet he couldn't easily open his mouth to say that one word with three magic letters. The pendant hanging around his neck underneath his clothes was unnaturally warming up, reminding him that a nineteen years old boy didn't even kneeled romantically before him, didn't spoke cheesy lines of will you marry me? But that mere boy got him to say yes without having second, third or forth thoughts. They promised themselves to each other.
 
 
 
 

 

Jongdae left me.
 
 
 
 

 

Kris won't.
 
 
 
 

 

Right?
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris quietly smiled, amused by Joonmyeon's mulling thoughts he can almost hear it."You don't have to give your answer now Joonmyeon." He pinches Joonmyeon cheeks squashily. "I can wait." Kris says, as soft as a wind's whisper.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"But Kris-" The blonde male shushed him with a light peck.
 
 
 
 

 

"Life time commitment is what I'm asking from you and i, i don't want you giving me rush decisions just because you think i'm growing impatient waiting too long for you." Joonmyeon looks at the snow, down casting his eyes. His tears of guilt were too much lately." I don't want to force you to walk down the aisle cause I'll bet my life, you'll see me glaring in tears at the altar." Kris had the courage to joke and laugh. Joonmyeon lifted his chin and stared at Kris snickering. It pains him hearing all of it somehow.
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Why are you so patient and this kind to me Yifan?" Joonmyeon croaks, stepping close. Kris hummed, his smile was shifting into a beseeching pursed of his lips. His eyes found its way back to Joonmyeon after a quick seconds of wandering. "It's really simple."
 
 
 
 
 
 
"It's because I love you so much. I'm willing to wait three, four or ten years just to have you for a lifetime and-" Kris back hits the passenger's door of his car. The moment of shock lasted for only three seconds before he closes his eyes and enjoy two familiar lips moving on his.
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon pressed his chapped lips,  brushes them softly against Kris who was quick with response and grazes his own with Joonmyeon's. The innocent pressing of their lips lasted for four seconds till Joonmyeon lolls his tongue across his lover's lips. Kris smiled as he opens himself and pulled Joonmyeon up by his neck, determined to make their lip locking deep and memorable.
 
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon tiptoed, arms clinging around Kris and pushing him down to take their kiss deep in abysmal, unfathomable enough that he can't go back. It was one of his rare tendencies of kissing Kris aggressively and Kris is always shivering for more.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris turned them over, now resting Joonmyeon against his car. The squeaking sound of Joonmyeon  clothes being pressed too much against the door didn't bother them. Joonmyeon moans feeling too much friction since Kris was pressing too close, their hands pulling each other close, ending with both of them having their growing desperation to escalate everything.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kris pulls a breath away, making both of them pant and gasp for air. Joonmyeon swallows the taste of wine that came from Kris, he kissed him back lightly. They stared at each other with teasing smiles before noticing the tiny particles slowly skimming over them.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

"Yifan it's snowing!" Joonmyeon noted. Eyes darting everywhere with his hands open up. He looks up and childishly widen his eyes like a kid seeing snow for the first time. Kris laughs, admiring Joonmyeon's happiness over the hundrend snowflakes that begun cascading down on them.
 
 
 

 

The surrounding became more colder but Joonmyeon's perky giggles and Kris's arms around the hyperactive one as the two of them watched the snows falling created warmth that hopefully, hopefully stays longer.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Winter mists blew out of Kris's mouth as he looks down on Joonmyeon,"You know, you've been so moody these days. You're way too emotional." Kris remarkably said, waiting for Joonmyeon to look at him.
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon leans on the car and his head. Kris's mischievous smile was a bit bothering."You only have to whine at me to buy you some exotic food,
Some morning sickness and if don't know better, i'll be really convinced that your pregnant with my child." Kris seriously murmured, sighing disappointedly as if he got disowned by his father. Joonmyeon burst out laughing, pushing Kris off for giving him a sulky face and a hanging head as if Joonmyeon just had a miscarriage.
 
 
 
 

 

They ended up laughing with each other's silliness. After a minute or two, Kris pulled Joonmyeon by the waist trapping him inside his embrace and softly pressing his lips on Joonmyeon's forehead.
 
 
 

 

Joonmyeon hands were enveloped around Kris's neck again. His eyes lids hooded his blurring doe eyes the second he felt the warm pressing lips against his forehead. And like the snowflakes that continually rains beautifully above their heads, his own tears were unceasingly falling. He can't stop them.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Just wait for a little while Kris. Let me fix myself first, for you.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

For us.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                            
                           
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

The shuttering clicks and white flashes coming from Yixing's digital camera faintly lightens the dimmed living room. The Chinese model chuckles as he took photos after photos, squealing and shoulders shuddering in jars of goo. Kyungsoo was dying, cooing at the perfect picture shots of the couple. He was still inebriated per Luhan's vicious deeds but he could still appreciate love when he sees it, intoxicated or not.
 
 
 
 

 

"Kris is going to pay me big for this." The Chinese commented, his dimples depressing impishly as his eyes flips over the stolen shots he took. Kyungsoo continues to peek though the window, skulking behind the curtains like an obvious fan of the couple. They've been stealthily watching Kris and Joonmyeon, giggling at how the couple showed their affection towards each other, unaware of two people creeping by the window watching them like audiences with free lucky tickets sitting front rows.
 
 
 
 

 

"They're made for each other. I'll bet Kris will be popping the billion dollar question to Joonmyeon." Yixing mumbled, bringing the camera up to his left eye, squinting and preparing to take another stolen shot as his pointy finger hover over the capture button. Kyungsoo deliberately stops his own hiccuping laughter to slowly stare at Yixing.
 
 
 
 

 

"K-Kris is thinking of proposing?" Kyungsoo wearily asks Yixing, big eyes glowing.

 

 
 
 
 

 

Yixing let the camera sling around his neck and grins at Kyungsoo. "Yeah. The guy is in love, I can clearly hear wedding bells." He answered, sighing with an excited tone in his soft timid voice.
 
 

 

Kyungsoo twiddled with his sweater, face baffled and apprehensive,"Wow.. That's- that's great."
 
 
 
 

 

"I know. They're perfect for each other, don't you think so Chen?" Yixing ask, a smiled on his gentle face.
 
 
 
 

 

Kyungsoo was startled, he laboriously swindled his head at the name. He didn't felt Chen being there with them at all. He looked at Chen who looks like he's been standing beside the window frame this whole time, side reclining against the glass with his kittenish eyes gazing down. His striking features were strangely plain and dull, silent and still as an ocean. Kyungsoo stares as Chen uncrossed his arms and slowly leans his face over the shivering glass. He parted his lips and blew a breath off the crystal barrier.
 
 
 

 

An imperfect circle of cold fog forms on the window, obscuring the clarity of the colorless glass. Chen raises his right thumb and smudges a portion of the blurry fog away creating a noisy rubbing friction. His bow lips spreads across his mischievous gleaming face as his chinky eyes peeps through the pinhole figure he childishly made with his thumb."Yeah, they suits each other and," He pauses to strongly laugh by himself, making the two pout in wonder."I think Kris is going to have some tonight."
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kyungsoo laughs at the top of his lungs witnessing Chen being a battered boyfriend as Yixing sent flying throw pillows at Chen with the said raven haired male dodges with a big smile and a tongue sticking out teasingly at Yixing.
 
 
 

 

Yixing tramps to the kitchen (blushing a tons) saying he'll go check on Xiumin and Luhan. Who knows the two might have caused a mess in his lovely kitchen. Or maybe walk in on something his eyes isn't prepared to see. He left the camera to Kyungsoo who catches it mid- air. The shorter boy flicks the captured photos then gazes back at the couple who were still outside. He smiles, wholeheartedly admiring the two.
 
 
 
 
 

 

His smile slowly fades it's spark when he looks over his right to where Chen is still standing. The male was still leaning by his shoulder beside the window's frame. His eyes seemed to be staring through the thumbed pinhole he made minutes ago.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Chen detaches himself away from the window to sit on the nearest sofa, settling on the armrest with his shoulders slouching. Kyungsoo's hold on the camera's sling loosens. He places the cam on the crystal table and carefully trundles towards Chen.
 
 
 
 

 

He saw a what seems to be a sad musing gaze from the latter as his vision gets closer, nearer to the latter. "Chen .. " He calls, a little bit groggy. Reluctant to even talk to the other male. Chen didn't answer back. He remained quite and continues to stare out. Kyungsoo follows the latter's line of vision only to realized that it was the pinhole shaped smudged Chen have been gazing seriously at.
 
 
 

 

Kyungsoo looks over it.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Through the foggy pinhole circle was a clear image of an angelic male with eyes closed, arms around a taller male. A beautiful smile stretches across his lips out of affection as the flawless male relish the feeling of being kissed on his forehead.
 
 
 

 

Kyungsoo closes his eyes. It's Joonmyeon that Chen's starring. And everytime it happens he couldn't help but look away. Sometimes he couldn't help but feel it too. The painful yearning. "Chen .. " Even his second calling didn't waver Chen's attention away from the male outside.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kyungsoo sees how Chen tightens his jaw, making his features more define and somberly. He sees how the flawless charming expression that never forgets to smile warps into lamented emotions that can be clearly seen in his oppressively, charcoal eyes. He could almost read what's in them. He hates seeing Chen like the way he is now. He wishes he could ease a little bit of what the latter is feeling, even though he knows he's no way of help.
 
 
 
 

 

"Let go .. " Kyungsoo states in his softest voice. He places a warm condoling hand over Chen's shoulder, squeezes it tenderly.
 
 
 

 

"How.. how do you exactly let go Kyungsoo?" Eye's never letting go, Chen finally spoke, and with tone of voice he's using, Kyungsoo can feel the heaviness the latter's been induring so much inside. Too much for too long.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Kyungsoo gnawed on his lips.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

He knows the answer but isn't courageous enough to say it out loud to the latter. He knows what the words will cost.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Be happy for him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

***
 
 
 

 

If you happen to read my latest blog: please pray for us. You'll know why It took me this long to update. We're still relying on power generators. Hopefully, before Christmas things will get back to normal.
 
 
 
 

 

Thank you for reading! Hope you'all comment. ^^
 
 
 
 
 

 

Yours truly,
 
 

 

k.