Chapter 5

A Vampire Story

 

I was sleeping peacefully when I suddenly heard the sound of my phone ring. I woke up and grabbed my phone from my nightstand. I first looked at the time and saw it was 8:00. I saw that I got a text.
Hey _____
Uh hi? What's up Kyungsoo?
Well my culinary class just finished. Want to go for a walk by the river?
Love to!
I'm outside your house right now
Ok, just give me like five minutes
Alright
I quickly and quietly grabbed my jacket and maneuvered myself around the sleeping boys on the floor. I walked out my room door and down the stairs. As I was putting my shoes on in excitement someone walked in front of me. I looked up, it was Joonmyeon. I sighed in relief if it was Kai he would never let me go
"Where are you going?" He asked and I gulped; his voice sounded really angry right now.
"Umm I'm going out with my friend" I replied and he gave me a 'oh really' look.
"This friend doesn't happen to be a guy named Do Kyungsoo? If so then the answer is no"
"What why?"
"Because I don't trust him..."
"Have you been talking with Kai about him?"
"...yes and what he has told me; I don't want you going out with him!" He yelled and I chuckled.
"Oh my god, Joonmyeon trust me he's not that kind of guy. I've known him since I was little and he hasn't given me a reason not to trust him. Let me go please?" I said using aegyo.
"...fine. But you better be back before 10! We have school tomorrow" Joonmyeon said sighing and I hugged him.
I happily skipped out the door leaving Joonmyeon to lock the door. I walked down the stairs and saw Kyungsoo waiting for me. I immediately ran up and hugged him.
"Okay where are we walking to tonight?" I asked looking up at him.
"I was thinking we could go see the Han river"
"Yes! Lets go! I haven't been there in so long" I said excitedly. Luckily, I didn't live that far from the Han river, it took like ten minutes to get there by foot. When we got there we watched the boats on the river pass by us. We sat along the sidewalk, our legs hanging off the side. I stretched out my arms. I haven't been out in so long! It feels good to stretch my legs for once.
"Isn't the view just beautiful?" Kyungsoo said looking to other side of the bank.
"Yeah it really is" I said gazing at the city lights in the background. We pretty much spent the hour talking about what has been happening in our lives lately. Kyungsoo did most of the talking. He talked about how he had a great time on his trip to Japan. He had picked up on some recipes there.
"Oh my god, you have to let me try them!"
"I will don't worry" Kyungsoo said chuckling and he checked his watch. "We better go its almost ten" he said standing up. I sighed, not wanting to go home yet, but I got up anyway. As I was standing up I misplaced my footing and I fell into the river with a yelp. Luckily the water I fell into was shallow. I stood up my body fully drenched and it had to be night time too.
"Oh my god! _____! Are you okay?!" Kyungsoo shouted helping me back up onto the sidewalk. Kyungsoo took off his jacket and made me wear it. We quickly walked home; Kyungsoo wanted to walk me inside but I persuaded him to go straight home, afraid all the guys would kill him.
Fortunately, the guys were still asleep and so was Joonmyeon. I quickly took a warm shower and put on my pajamas. I quietly crawled onto my bed, the guys still asleep on the floor covered in blankets. I quickly tried to fall asleep but that was harder than I expected. When I finally fell asleep, it felt like it didn't last long. Next thing I knew, I woke up to the sound of yelling coming from the kitchen. I sat up in my bed and sighed. It's too early in the morning for this. Why does Kai and Sehun always have to fight? I was about to get out of my bed when Chanyeol walked into my room with a tray of breakfast.
"Oh hey sweetheart. You finally up? That Kyungsoo made this for you before he left for school" he said placing the tray on the nightstand next to my bed. I looked at my alarm clock and saw I was going to be late. I quickly got out of bed and tried to grab clothes out of my drawer. As I was about to head to the bathroom when I suddenly felt dizzy. I started to feel faint and I fell hard onto the floor. I was so tired I couldn't even open my eyes. All I could hear was screaming and the sound of footsteps; I out.
I woke up to see Chanyeol by my bedside. There was a cold towel on my head and I was under a pile of blankets.
"Sweetheart, are you feeling better?"
"Not really but I'm fine. Now if you excuse me I need to go to school" I said trying to sit up and Chanyeol immediately pushed me back on the bed.
"Nu uh uh, you stay right here in this bed. You're not going to school today. You're running a high fever!" Chanyeol said putting on his backpack.
"Then where are you going?" I asked looking at his backpack.
"Duh, school. We're all going. Hey don't look at me like that sweetheart we'll be back at lunch so don't worry. I also asked Kyungsoo to stop by and check on you from time to time so you just stay right there and rest" Chanyeol said before he left and closed my room door. I sighed and decided to go back to sleep, forgetting that I hadn't drank a single drop of blood yet.
I suddenly woke up to the sound of the doorbell. I groaned and got out of bed. I was too groggy to notice my vision began to blur as I walk down the stairs. As I got closer to the door I could smell delicious blood coming from the outside. I was too far into my bloodlust when I opened the door I could attack anybody. My vision was super blurry by the time I opened the door I couldn't make out who was at the door. All I knew was that I needed blood, now... So as fast as I could I leaned up to the persons neck and took a bite. Omg this blood is soo tasty! I thought continuing to the person's blood. After a couple minutes my vision began to clear up and I could finally see the owner of tasty blood. I heard a thud next to me and I saw the person lay on the floor. I gasped and I quickly flipped the person over...crap...
"Kyungsoo?!"