Chapter 11

A Vampire Story

It has been almost one month since Kai and the other left. Maybe it's just me, but lately I have been feeling like someone's watching me. Am I being paranoid? Maybe it's the lack of blood. I went to the fridge and saw there was only one pack of blood left. 'Great, now I have to resort to that' I thought grabbing the bag and a straw. I punctured a hole in the top and drank slowly, cherishing the last amount of human blood I had left. Mother told me yesterday that she couldn't obtain anymore blood packs until next week.

After throwing away the empty blood pack, I didn't feel full enough so I went into a cabinet and pulled out a pill bottle and undo the lid. Immediately, I could smell the odor of the contents. I got a glass and a bottle of red wine and filled the glass. I took a pill and let it dissolve in the wine. I quickly drank the red liquid and flinched at the changed taste. Because of the pill the once perfectly good wine became a disgusting thick liquid that left a horrible after taste in my mouth. I regret ruing the good wine but hey, unless I do this, there's no way those pills are going down my throat otherwise.

Those pills are what keep me going when I don't have blood available. They're artificial blood pills created by my father. They help vampires trying to fit in with human society. They help a lot, especially in my current situation, but couldn't father have made them taste any better? It tastes super bitter. Ugh I need to lay down. My body isn't taking the pills really well. I tried my best to reach my room and once I did, I layed down on my soft bed.

I was about to go to sleep when someone knocked on my door. I groaned as Xiumin walked in. I was not happy that he ruined one of my only moments of peace. Tao and Lay have been showing me constant affection for the past month and its getting on my last nerve. I mean I experienced the same kind of affection with Kai and Sehun but seriously, they back off after like an hour. Tao and Lay have no off switch whatsoever.

"What do you want Xiumin?" I asked bitterly.

"...trying to get away from all the crazy I call my 'brothers'" he answered and I was a little surprised he actually talked to me. Xiumin has always been the quiet one but Kris has told me that he was actually really energetic and cheerful. I guess that's only when I'm not around.

"you too?" I said smiling. "So...did you need something?"

"What was that pill bottle?" He asked and I looked at him surprised. Is that why he's in here?

"Oh...those are just fake blood pills. I ran out of blood packs so I had to take them"

"Those pills are suppose to be disgusting right? Why didn't you just ask for blood from one of us?" He said and I just blinked at him. Did he forget that I can't or something?

"I can't do that. You know I have a contract" I said and he pulls out a pocket knife from his back pocket. I gasped as he cut his wrist with the pocket knife. His blood had dripped off his wrist in a huge amount and onto the floor. I should be attracted to his blood right but...why aren't I? It's blood so why don't I want to drink it. To be honest, I actually feel really disgusted by the blood. I didn't know what to do, if I drink his blood then I break my contract but if I don't, he's gonna die. I watched as his face went pale. I immediately got up and grabbed his wrist, moving it to my mouth. I off the blood, cleaning his wrist. Luckily it wasn't a big wound or else he would have been in trouble. It was really strange how the wound didn't heal as fast like it should, I mean, wolves like him should have regenerative powers. I shrugged it off and bandaged the wounded area with the first aid kit I kept in my room.

"Why did you do that stupid..." I mumbled bandaging him. Suddenly there was a loud bang coming from the living room. After finishing the bandaging, I went to check what was going on and Xiumin followed. In the living room there were many men in suits and sunglasses. They were like secret agents I saw on this one tv show and they were looking through all my stuff.

"Yah! What are you doing?!" I yelled and they immediately stopped. I looked as someone walked through the doorway, he had long blonde hair and wore a suit that resemble the 'secret agent' like guys are wearing but it was a different color. He walked closer to me in which I took a step back.

"You're Kim _____ right?" The blondie said and I nodded. "You're hereby sentence to death for breaking the contract you had with EOS" he said and suddenly 5 wolves came out of nowhere and came in between the blondie and I. The 5 wolves had changed back into Kris and the others.

"Over my dead body! You're not laying a hand on my baobei!" Lay yelled and the five took a more protective stance. The 'secret agent' men had taken out hand guns and I was surprised the 5 were still not backing down. I stepped up and put a hand on Lay's shoulder to get him to calm down.

"Stop guys," I said and the fives facial expressions softened. "How did you find out?" I said glaring at the blondie. He stepped aside and I gasped at who stepped up.

"Kyungsoo?!" I yelled completely shocked. Why the heck is he here?!

"This guy has been keeping a good eye on you. Haven't you noticed their were cameras planted in your house?" He said smirking at my hurt expression. I guess that's why I have been getting the feeling I've been watched. "Oh yeah, Xiumin, do you have physical evidence?" Xiumin had stepped from behind me and stood next to the blondie. I once again showed a shock expression as he walked by.

"...I had to take extreme measures so I have no physical marks...but I'm sure Kyungsoo has video of Kim _____ drinking my blood" he said looking at Kyungsoo and he nodded. I noticed that unlike Xiumin, Kyungsoo expression showed that he felt really guilty. I looked over at Kris and he looked like he was about to snap.

"So you were the traitor Xiumin..." He said and they looked over at him.

"What do you mean by 'traitor' Kris?" Chen asked and Kris clenched his fists.

"There has been rumors going around the clan lately, saying there was a traitor amongst us..." Kris admitted. "How can you just betray your brotheren?!" He yelled at Xiumin but he just ignored him.

"We have been quite lenient with the wolf clan in china for some time. I think it's time we pay them a visit" the blondie said and then Kris snapped. He lunched at the blondie but he was then held back by four of the 'secret agent' men. "Well, we have wasted enough time already, it's time to finish the job we should have done a long time ago. Vampire scum, time to di-"

"Wait!" Kyungsoo yelled grabbing the blondies shoulder. I was surprised, this was the first he talked since he showed up. "She knows about the book! We can't just kill her yet! If we kill her now, we won't be able to get it!" He yelled and it looks like the blondie was thinking over what he said.

"Fine. Kim _____, you have one week to bring me the book of 'The Tree of Life' and I'll spare your life" he said smiling and I scoffed.

"And what if I say no?"

"Then..." the blondie snapped his fingers and one of the 'secret agent' guys gave him a tablet in which the blondie took and showed a video to us. It was a video of Kai and the other locked up in cells! "...something might happen to these guys" he said giving the tablet back to the one who gave it to him.

"Let them go!" I yelled and I was just about ready to snap just like Kris.

"I'll let them go if you give me that book. I'll be back in one week to retrieve it. If you don't have it by then...I'll kill them and you" he said smiling and I wanted to punch that smile right off his face.  "And until then..." He snapped his fingers again and a bunch of the 'secret agent' guys grabbed the other wolves and dragged them out. "...I'll be keeping these wolves too. And Xiumin will be staying to keep an eye over you so that you don't do anything funny" the blondie said patting Xiumins back and he just nodded. The blondie left with all of his 'secret agent' guys and I slumped to the floor, landing on my knees.

Why couldn't I do anything? Why do I feel so weak? I was strong enough to do something, so why didn't I? I just let them walk off, unscathed, with five of the most important people in my life. Plus, they already have six more. I felt so horrible that I lost more of the people I love and guilty that I didn't even fight back. I regret that I didn't even do anything. I stood up and glared at Xiumin before I ran to my room, feeling betrayed by two of the people I actually trusted and cared for.


Omg that was quite a long chapter

sorry I haven't been updating as much but I'm trying!

anyways I'm glad I have many loyal subscribers T^T

so anyways again as always please subscribe and comment :D