Closer

In Depth: The Lyricist

 

Closer:Taeyeon (SNSD)

 

Warming her hands in the middle of a busy street, Junmin stood amongst the crowd of people in Myungdong. Her flushed cheeks tinted by the color pink as the cold weather slowly creep onto her pale colored skin. “Stupid.” She mumbled to herself while she continued pushing against the thick mob with nothing to keep her warm except her knitted sweater that was now being drenched by the rain.

 

She eyed her surroundings, carefully searching for a certain coffee shop that she was supposed to go to since half an hour ago. “Uurgh, just where is that place?” And just then her eyes glistened as if she was just able to find a golden treasure in the middle of a deserted island.

 

“Finally.” She released a sigh hopping towards the coffee shop she had been looking for. Her slender fingers reached up to open the glass door and upon entering, some of the customer’s attention landed on her. Faint gasps and murmurs could be heard since she was dripping wet from head to toe but she didn’t mind at all and instead her eyes scanned the place and her lips twitched into an upward direction.

 

“Oppa.” Junmin hummed, taking the seat opposite from the guy. Her smile was all giddy and energetic despite the fact that just minutes earlier she was practically torturing herself without an umbrella under the rain. He then lift his head finally putting his attention to the said girl after sometime of continuously pressing the keys on his phone like he was texting.

 

“Oh, annyeong Junmin.” He smiled. The smile that was always able to send butterflies into Junmin’s stomach. She practically stared at him feeling tupsy turvy before she heard him speak once again. “Eh, why are you so wet by the way? Did you not bring your umbrella Junmin? Gosh, it’s raining so hard outside, don’t tell me you rushed here immediately after I texted you?” He questioned her and Junmin bowed her head in embarssment.

 

“Neh, Changmin oppa.” She answered before she felt her head being tilt upward. Changmin took his handkerchief from his pocket and gently wiped her wet face then he stood up removing his coat before placing it on Junmin’s shoulder. “You should really take care of yourself more.” He told her before returning back to his seat.

 

“G..g.go..gomawo oppa.” She blushed before asking. “But why did you suddenly call me here?” Junmin played with her fingers feeling her self-confidence shrink as Changmin gazed at her. He cleared his throat and she accidentally bit her tongue as she lifted her head to look at him. “I just wanted to talk.”  Changmin stated bluntly and somehow Junmin felt as if something bad was going to happen.

 

“Oh.” She responded while folding Changmin’s handkerchief which was now wet because she had use it to dry her hair and face a little. Since Changmin stayed still in his place and kept his eyes on the scenery outside. Junmin fidgeted on her chair, occasionally pulling Changmin’s coat tighter around her body due to the coldness.

 

Soon the loud chatters filled up the whole place yet Junmin and Changmin still haven’t said a word to each other. “Changmin oppa, do you want me to order for us?” Junmin called for his attention and he glanced with a smile before his lips formed a thin-line. “Ani. I’m fine. I think I’ve been dragging you here for too long already, I’m not even speaking. Mianhe.” He stated and Junmin knitted her eyebrows in confusion on why he was suddenly speaking that way.

 

She stood up and was about to order two cups of coffee for them when the door of the coffee shop opened and came in a girl who was about the same age as her. The girl was really pretty as Junmin continuously observe her yet what confused Junmin more was that when the girl headed for their table. Subconsciously, she gripped on Changmin’s coat and waited for the girl to arrive.

 

“Annyeohangsaeyo, Yerin imnida.” The girl bowed before casting both Changmin and Junmin a glance. She nibbled on her bottom lips, obviously nervous with her present composure and neither did Junmin have a good feeling on what was about to happen next.

 

Changmin then pulled a seat and ordered the girl to seat in between him and Junmin and she obediently followed his instructions. “Junmin.” Changmin called her name and Junmin was trying her best to prevent herself from spilling  thousands of questions towards him. “This is Yerin right here and..” He stopped for awhile, avoiding in all cost to stare at Junmin’s eyes. Junmin gulped in return holding on to the sides of her chair anxiously just in case he would say something that would make her faint. And indeed, he did say something.

 

“This girl right here is my fiancé Junmin.” He ended his sentence. And those words were not just enough to make Junmin faint, it was more than enough to leave her…

 

dead on the spot.

 

Much to Changmin and Yerin’s amusement, Junmin grinned like a fool and stared back at Changmin. “You’re joking oppa, aren’t you? You said you’d never exchange me for another girl, what’s this kind of joke now? You know it’s not gonna work.” She stated, her stare landing onto Yerin. “And miss, sorry if my oppa had to take away your time. You’re really pretty you know but you can go now, as you see your act is not working on me.” Junmin genuinely complimented the girl before gesturing her to leave. However Changmin shook his head and Yerin bowed hers in pity.

 

“Junmin, I’m serious. We were arranged to get married to each other two months ago. I know I was supposed to let go of you before but I use to love you until somethings just changed." Junmin clenched her teeth taking note of how he said use to loved. So she was just a part of his past now? Is this the end?

 

"I didn’t know how but Yerin and I just fell for each other and now I can only look at you like a younger sister. I’m sorry, I really am. So please, I’m not asking you to understand, I just don’t want you to hurt yourself more.” He explained seeing how Junmin flinched with every word he said. She then slammed her fist onto the table making the people on the coffee shop stare at her judgingly.

 

“I HATE YOU!” She hollered before she ran out of the coffee shop with Changmin’s coat slipping off her in the process. Changmin released a low grunt feeling guilty as he buried his face in his hands and he was alarmed to suddenly hear Yerin sniffling. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” She repeated and it didn’t take a minute or two before Changmin engulfed her into a hug.

 

Meanwhile, Junmin continued running not at all aware that there were people who were gawking at how she seemed so imprudent with her actions. She continued to run even though her legs were already feeling weak as if it was about to give up on any given time. Her shoes was splattered with dirt as she stepped on puddles of water made by the rain and her tears were flowing from her eyes like a broken dam.

 

“Stupid.” She muttered to herself like she had done earlier. How could she be such a naïve person and not even notice that her boyfriend was already falling out of love from her? Totally stupid, right?

 

Her expression was crestfallen and not a single minute did she feel bothered by the coldness of the rain that was pouring. She just ran and ran and ran as if she was waiting for a cliff to suddenly appear on her sight so she could jump off it.

 

By then she didn’t notice that she was already in the middle of the road and was about to get bump by an upcoming car. Her body stiffen and she waited for the painful collision. “MISS!” Different voices screamed but a deep and husky voice seemed to be the nearest among those tens of thousands of voices.

 

Junmin felt herself being charge onto the side of the street as her body was covered with an unfamiliar warmth. “Miss, miss, are you fine?”  Slowly, Junmin opened her eyes still feeling shocked due to the sudden death experience she had. She squinted her eyes hoping to get a clearer vision of her savior.

 

“Neh.” Junmin suddenly felt like she was about to stutter. “I..I..I’m f.fi.fine. Thank you.” And after hearing her words, the stranger managed to let out a soft sigh of relief. She was still trapped in between his arms and her head was against his chest. Not meaning to, Junmin felt her heart beat quicken when her gaze continued to linger at the stranger.

 

His nose was sharp, his lips about the color of a pinkish rose and his eyes was charming and warm.

 

The stranger in return bit his lip suddenly feeling like a creep when he also continued to gaze at the girl. Just then the girl giggled against his chest making him unconsciously smile. He lend her his hand and helped her to stand up.

 

“Thank you.” Junmin repeated, this time more confident. The man in return, fixed his eyeglasses first and folded his white long sleeves that was now stained up to his elbows. “Are you sure your fine now?” He checked on her again. She smiled and he felt his heart doing little summersaults. *She’s cute* He thought but was surprised with her puffy red eyes. “I’m fine, thanks for saving me.” Junmin responded.

 

And the guy rubbed his nape awkwardly before he found the courage to speak once again. “I’m Jaejoong by the way.” He introduced himself. “I know it’s really weird to be introducing my name right now and I have no idea why but it seems like you just cried awhile back. So if you don’t mind, would you want to grab a bite with me and tell me your story?” He offered a handshake and Junmin actually felt hesitant.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m a good listener. I could be your friend if you like.” He tried once again not knowing why he felt the need to protect this girl he had just met and save for that fact. Junmin then puffed her cheeks out before shaking her hand with his. “I think I owe you one for saving my life. I’m Junmin by the way.” Her lips curled into a gentle smile before she felt herself being wrapped in warmth as he brought out his cardigan to warm her. He then took out his umbrella shielding them boat from the rain.

 

And this is how a new story starts, a boy meets a girl…

 

& destiny does its magic…

 

--------------------------------------------

A/N:

Gosh, this is my longest chapter yet. My mind's in a deep mess this past days so I hope you enjoyed this one shot and I'm hoping it's good enough. Feel free to comment and subscribe. =)