No Complaints

Home Is Wherever I'm With You

A/N: I'm back.
I know it has been too long and all I can do is apologise to those who have been wishing for more of this and offer my greatest thanks to those who are still subscribed and supporting me in this. This one is for anyone who still cares about this silly little mpreg fic.
(and for
chewytabi ❤ for being my muse, inspiration, greatest support, believing in me and giving me sometimes-gentle-sometimes-not-so-gentle shove back into writing)
this is a pretty long one (the longest one so far), but not overly-exciting either but there will be a part two~ coming soon.

 


 

Easy is something which life never is. For Jiyong's life has never been easy. Straightforward (most of the time) and simple... well there are times when life has been simpler than others. He thought perhaps once the baby (make that two babies) arrived his life would take on a whole new meaning and purpose. Something clear cut; an unmistakeable path fate was to lead him down. But life is never as easy as that. Complicated. Now that is the word Jiyong has come to associate with his existence. ual orientation—it's complicated. Married to another man—it's complicated. Fell pregnant... with twins—it's very complicated.

Now with the twins growing more and more each day, time is going so quickly it feels like every time he blinks they've learnt how to hold the handles on their bottle or how to jingle their toys. Jiyong is beginning to feel less sure of what exactly his role in life is from now on. He's already made that mistake with Seunghyun and he's still paying the price for it. It's not that Seunghyun is making him pay the price for his mistakes, that couldn't be farther from the truth. Jiyong is the source of his own atonement. Marriage is a two way street and in the few months which have passed since their... argument... Jiyong has come to realise where he went wrong.

You see, when their one bundle of joy turned out to be two little miracles, Jiyong felt an overwhelming sense of protection and responsibility to his little ones. He supposes a lot of new parents must go through similar things but perhaps he just wasn't well equipped enough to handle it correctly. The days before his due date, Jiyong had already begun to worry about equally dividing his time and devotion between his child and his husband and so when he suddenly had two screaming little babes to take care of; his heart was split into three instead of the much more manageable option of two. Jaesun and Soomin were both depending on him to learn the differences between their cry when they're hungry, the little fussy sounds they make when they're tired, when they want to be held, when they've had enough, when they're feeling unwell or too hot or not warm enough. There was no one else for them. (That's untrue of course; Seunghyun has been the perfect help when Jiyong asked for it, the problem was he never asked for help.) With both eyes locked on the twins, how could Jiyong find the time to turn and look towards his husband who was beginning to feel shut out of his own family?

Before now, Jiyong can't recall a single time when they had grown so distant. Except maybe in their earliest days together, when everything was unclear and confusing and their emotions were easier to ignore than act on. Things between them are good, but not great. He misses it when things were great. More than great. Better than great. They were so giddy and bright only a few months ago. Waking up with smiles on their faces to the thought of another day with their perfect little family. Surely a happiness as strong as that should be easy to get back to? With a little time and care... they can be those two husbands madly in love again, can't they? Carrying on the way they have been, it will never happen. They're happy but not... sublimely happy like they were. It's taken two months for Jiyong to realise it but now he knows exactly how to get back to that.

Time.

Time alone.

Time alone, together.

And to achieve such a thing, Jiyong needs help from someone he can count on and there are only two people in this world Jiyong can count on—his husband and his mother. With Seunghyun busy in the shower and the twins happily kicking around on their play mat, Jiyong finally has the time to make a quick phone call which he has been putting off for far too long. While the phone rings and he waits for the other end to be picked up, Jiyong's mind can't help but to wander back to a recent conversation between he and Seunghyun which was the seed for this plan—

"I just don't want the kids to have all of you—us."

"Well sorry to burst your bubble but this is what we signed up for," Jiyong sighed, sounding much more defeated than he intended to. He passed another soapy dish to Seunghyun to rinse off without looking up from the sink. It was late at night, the twins down for the night and the moon had risen high enough in the sky to indicate today had already become tomorrow and they still weren't in bed. There was always too much to do.

"I know that I just... So long as they only get ninety percent of you and I get what's left." With a nudge to Jiyong's bony ribs, Seunghyun had managed to break off the tension settled into the kitchen. They were both far too tired at the end of another long day to be discussing something heavy like this.

With a wry smile, Jiyong blinked his sleepy eyes up at his husband and replied, "Ninety-nine percent of me."

"Okay fine. I'll take what I can get." Seunghyun grinned at him lop-sidedly as he dried off his hands and turned off the faucet, making the executive decision that for now, the dishes could wait. "I just want some small piece of you for myself only. I know our children come first—of course I know that—but I don't want our relationship to suffer because of that. I'm willing to put my life on hold for them but not our marriage."

Their conversation ended fairly soon after that, with Jiyong too exhausted to muster up any words in response, only a slow nod of understanding and as expected, Seunghyun forced him to collapse in bed soon after.

"Jiyong~ah?"

"Oh! Umma! S-sorry, I was just—"

"My boy what is it?"

A soft smile graces Jiyong lips at his mother's powers of perception. While he looks down at Jaesun and Soomin wriggling about on their play mat together, he can't help but to hope one day he'll be able to read them just as easily as his Umma can read him. To keep them settled, Jiyong lightly runs his fingertips over their tummies, not enough to distract them from playing together but just enough to calm them down with his touch. "Umma, I know you mentioned that you wanted to come down and see the twins again and well... Hyun's parents are coming down to visit and I thought maybe—"

"—Say no more, dear. When are they arriving?"

"Tomorrow afternoon."

"Then I will be there on the next train over so I arrive by morning."

"Thank you, Umma..." His response comes out in a broken sigh which doesn't go unnoticed by this mother. She can tell from his tone that there is more to be said.

"What's the matter, my boy? Has something happened? Are the twins alright?"

"The twins are fine, better than fine, they are perfect."

"Then what is it? Has something happened between you and Seunghyun?" The silence on the other end of the line is answer enough for her. "Jiyong..."

"We... we had a fight. A pretty bad one."

"How long ago?"

"A few months..."

"Have you made up?"

"Yeah."

"You don't sound too convinced."

"No, we have. Everything is fine, we've both apologised and we've moved on from it and it is behind us but..."

"But things still haven't gone back to the same way as they were before?"

"Yeah."

"Have you made up?"

"I just told you we—"

"No, Jiyong. Have you made up?"

"Mother I do not follow where you are going with this."

"Do you want me to spell it out for you because I will? You're married and you went through childbirth I didn't think I would have to explains this to you!"

"Mother!"

"Son, the most important part of any fight between a married couple is making up afterwards. You need to be intimately close again to—"

"—La la la la laaaa, I'm not listening!"

"Jiyong. Would you like me to take the twins for a night while I'm visiting..."

Once again, Jiyong is taken aback by his mother's intuition of knowing exactly what's on his mind. "Ahh well... that was another reason why I was calling. I think Seunghyun and I really need some time to ourselves but to be honest, Umma, I'm not sure I'm ready."

I'm not ready to be away from the twins.

I'm not ready to be close with him again.

"You will never feel ready until you try for the first time. I think you and Seunghyun need to have a night to yourselves with no interruptions."

"I know you're right, Umma."

"Of course I'm right, us mothers are always right."

"Umma! I am not a mother! Just because I—"

"—I'll see you tomorrow dear."

Jiyong knows he should be feeling annoyed with his mother making such a joke out of his situation but he misses her (and her horrible humour) too much. Smiles have been rare in the household of Choi-Kwon lately but at the thought of seeing his Umma and also at the prospect of having one night, completely uninterrupted, curled up in the arms of his wonderful husband and sleeping in late together. And what perfect timing said husband has. If it weren't for the sound of his loud, clumsy footsteps, Jiyong would have known Seunghyun just entered the room from the way Jaesun's eyes went wide suddenly like they always do whenever his Appa is around and from the excited squeak Soomin makes just before kicking her legs.

"Was that your mother on the phone?" Seunghyun kneels down behind Jiyong on the floor and wraps his arms around his middle. The action is slow and erring on the side caution, as he tries to coax Jiyong into his arms and not send him running away like he had been a few months before.

"Mhmm, she's coming in the morning which means we'll have to make two trips to the station tomorrow. Sorry." Jiyong's voice is guarded, worried that something as small as this would break the quiet spell cast over them. Why on earth would Seunghyun mind about having to make two trips to pick up their parents? Since when has that been the type of thing Seunghyun ever minded doing? Jiyong knows it's irrational to worry about such small things but when their relationship is as fragile as it is right now, it could shatter at any moment.

"Don't be sorry, love." Seunghyun places a quick kiss to the side of his head and smiles against his soft hair when he feels Jiyong sway into his body. "It will be a fun road trip for the twins; you were only saying the other day that we should get them more used to being in the car."

It's hard to concentrate on what Seunghyun is saying when his low timbre voice is whispering so closely to his ear and the little shivers it's sending down his spine are causing tingles all over his body. That familiar bubble of warmth is generating enough light inside him to make him feel just a little giddy—like that same giddy boy in love he's always been whenever it comes to Seunghyun. "I didn't even realise how much I missed you, just your touch. I'm sorry for pulling away from you." Jiyong whispers with his eyes closed, not even feeling one slither of anxiety about taking his eyes away from the twins. They're right in front of them, he knows their sounds well enough by now and Seunghyun is by his side. It's so silly to worry about them every waking (and non-waking) moment. Nothing will go wrong if he closes his eyes and enjoys a moment with his husband.

Jiyong feels Seunghyun's lips pull into a Cheshire cat grin as he nuzzles into his cheek, pressing his lips over the smooth skin until they land on his lips. "Morning kisses have always been my favourite," his lips brush over Jiyong's pursed lips.

"Why is that?" he asks with another kiss, keeping his eyes closed.

"Because I get to start my day off by kissing my gorgeous husband." He answers as though it were so simply obvious and it makes Jiyong giggle which was his exact intention. To make Jiyong smile and fill the room with his laughter.

"You are such a cheesecake, Hyun."

"But I'm your cheesecake."

Jiyong sighs against his lips and pulls away only enough to open his eyes. Cupping both of Seunghyun's cheeks, Jiyong his thumbs under his eyes and says softly, "I am sorry. I just started to think there wasn't enough time for this. The twins always need something. I automatically put us last on my list. I thought I was being silly, wanting to give you a cuddle in the kitchen when I could be preparing their bottles. I thought it was selfish to prefer they just sleep through the night so I could spend a whole night in your arms. How could I place my wants and needs before my own children? But I know now that it was even sillier to place your needs last. There is enough time in the day for the twins and for my husband. I know that now. I'm sorry, Hyun."

This is what Seunghyun has been waiting to hear. He could tell that Jiyong had come to this realisation but it's taken him a while to be able to verbalise it to his husband. Instead of following suit and turning this into yet another serious conversation, Seunghyun chooses to make light of it. "Silly Jiyongie. There's always time for morning cuddles." And the warm look Seunghyun gives Jiyong also lets him know that Seunghyun has heard him and understood him.

 

~

 

It's only into the early afternoon and Jiyong already feels like calling it quits for the day. Not only because of the continuous remarks Seunghyun's mother sends his way but also just the mere fact that his mother in law can act so coldly towards him. It's not Seunghyun's fault and lord knows he's stood up and spoken up for Jiyong countless times but for some reason, the woman just can't find it in her to be nice. Even towards Seunghyun she's overly critical and his father, well he just sits there in silence. How the pair can still treat Jiyong like a stranger after all these years is beyond him but not everyone considers family to be as precious as he does. One thing Jiyong is extremely grateful for is the fact that their son—his husband—considers family to be the most important thing in his life.

Things are awkward and uncomfortable at the best of times whenever Seunghyun's parents visit but at least Jiyong has his mother with him today—and the twins. Jiyong swears the fact that he was able to provide Seunghyun with his own children is the one and only reason why Seunghyun's parents even bother to keep in contact with either of them. Before they fell pregnant, the only communication Seunghyun had with them was a phone call on his birthday... if they remembered.

"Still such a shame you couldn't feed the twins," Seunghyun's mother cuts across the room.

The twins are wriggling around together on their play mat and the lights and songs it plays has timed out so there was nothing but silence in the room before Mrs. Choi spoke. She's staring directly at the doorway, waiting for Seunghyun to come back from the kitchen while his father looks up from his paper momentarily before looking back down and immersing himself in the daily news. Both Jiyong and his mother, who is sitting by his side, stiffen at her comment and just when Mrs. Kwon is about to give Mrs. Choi a piece of her mind, Seunghyun enters the room again. With a sigh of relief from both Kwon's, they both give Seunghyun a desperate look as he brings in a tray of tea into the room.

While he's setting it all up on the small coffee table which is serving as the divide between Choi's and Kwon's he replies without looking across at this mother. "We tried, Umma. Both Jiyong and I really wanted it to work but the doctor told us from the beginning that some men have difficulties responding to the hormone shots. It works for some and doesn't work for others." He pauses as he passes a cup to his mother who accepts it with a face that looks like she's just on a lemon and his father only makes a small grunt of 'thanks' when his is placed directly in front of him. When he hands a cup to Jiyong's mother, they share a look and Seunghyun knows exactly what her eyes are saying.

So he sits down next to Jiyong, two cups in hand and looks over at his mother when he says, "It's like a lucky dip thing and instead of getting s Jiyong just got PMS instead." The perfect reaction—Jiyong's mother burst into a fit of giggles and covers with the back of her hand, ('ahh, so that is where Jiyong gets it' Seunghyun thinks to himself) Jiyong turns beet red and Seunghyun's mother chokes on her tea.

Once she recovers, she speaks up, "It just would have been better for the babies."

Jiyong grits his teeth, trying to ignore the fact that his mother in law who found it so unnatural for him to bear children is now lamenting the fact that his body couldn't serve every function a female's would while she's going through childbirth. Things would have been so much easier had he been born a woman. It's a fleeting thought which pops into his head every now and then but anytime he's voiced it to Seunghyun, the look of hurt which flashes in his husband's dark eyes makes his cheeks burn red from embarrassment that he could think such a thing. Seunghyun loves him for him. There isn't a single thing Seunghyun would change—and Jiyong silently reminds himself of that fact several times today when Mrs. Choi's comments cut too deep.

It seems his mother is just as uncomfortable because he hears her click her tongue before sliding off the couch to turn the lights back on for the twins, (accidentally but secretly on purpose) knocking Mr. Choi's foot. Jiyong looks down at his hands when Mrs. Choi sniffs disapprovingly and silently blesses his husband when Seunghyun reaches out to tightly hold his hand.

After dusting off her knees, Mrs. Kwon comes to sit down on Jiyong's other side and says softly, "Don't worry about it, dear. There's no point dwelling on something we can't change now, and besides not every mother is able to feed especially during the first pregnancy. I had a lot of trouble with your sister. But lucky for me I knew what I was doing when you came along." She tucks his hair behind his red tipped ears because she just can't help herself sometimes; Jiyong is her little boy after all. With a warm smile she adds on, "And it certainly helps to have a supportive and caring husband by your side."

Sensing where this is going, Seunghyun leans forward slightly, "Didn't Dami have problems trying to feed as well?"

Jiyong's lips purse in thought, realising he had spoken with his sister after the twins were born and he first found out he wouldn't be able to. "Umm yeah... I forgot about that."

"No matter, maybe we'll have better luck next time," Seunghyun says loud enough for his parents to hear, stressing ever syllable when he says 'next time', before he kisses Jiyong's temple.

 

~

 

The day reaches a point where the Kwon duo can no longer handle the atmosphere and retreat into the room they always feel right at home—the kitchen. Both Jiyong and his mother are making themselves busy, wiping down surfaces, washing up, cleaning anything in sight so they don't have to focus on the conversation echoing in to the kitchen. With a frustrated sigh, Mrs. Kwon throws down the tea towel and marches over to the entrance of the kitchen to partially close the dividing door.

"Finally! Peace and quiet! You know for such a quiet, polite boy, Seunghyun has an unusually loud-mouthed mother. What?!" Jiyong gives her a 'mother, please' look which she waves off. "It's true. She does."

Jiyong doesn't agree out of respect for his husband's mother but he definitely giggles quietly with a discreet nod. Even now that he's alone with his mother, he still can't seem to relax and be himself so easily with the Choi's still in the house. Naturally, no mother likes to see her only son so upset and uncomfortable, especially in his own home, but really what can she do? She knows her son and she knows that no matter how cruel or cold Seunghyun's mother might be towards him, he will never turn her away because she is Seunghyun's mother. When Jiyong allows the silence to take over for far too long, she stands next to him and stills his hands. Now that they are alone, she can take the chance to speak to Jiyong about what's been playing on his mind.

"I won't ask what happened between you because that is private but I can see how badly it still affects you two. I can tell just from the way Seunghyun looks at you. You're sitting right next to him but that look in his eye... you would think you're too far away for him to reach you. I will just give one piece of advice to you, Jiyong. Don't allow your marriage to fall behind your priority of the babies. Make your husband your number one priority as well."

Even though Jiyong has realised this on his own, hearing it from someone outside the situation, someone who doesn't even know the details of the situation, someone who he trusts above all else, solidifies the fact that he really needs to make a conscious effort to repair the damage between him and Seunghyun. It's this last confirmation from his mother that he needs to be able to let go of the twins and give them over to her for just one night. She can tell from that determined look in his eye that he understands so she doesn't push it for now and they continue to clean up together until Jiyong breaks the silence again.

"Have you visited Appa lately?" he asks timidly, twisting his wedding ring around his finger out of nervous habit.

It may seem like a sudden change in conversation but his mother has grown used to Jiyong bringing him up with no prior warning. Speaking about his father has always been something Jiyong struggles with, even with Seunghyun. The first year of their relationship, Seunghyun never even knew Jiyong's father had passed away, he just assumed that his dad had skipped out on his family. The first time Jiyong mentioned his father's grave, Seunghyun felt a rush of immense guilt for assuming the worst of what he would come to discover was an amazing man, doting husband and loving father.  Upon learning that Jiyong lost his father—who had always supported his son even when he was 'different' from other boys his age—when he was only just coming in to his teenage years, Seunghyun understood why Jiyong was that shy, quiet, blushing boy when they first met.

"Jiyong," she says in a stern voice he hasn't heard much since he left home. She knows how badly Jiyong still misses him and how difficult he still finds it to talk openly about him. Jiyong always ends up getting himself too worked up and right now, with the in-law's in the other room, she isn't too sure it's the best idea to speak about him.

"What mother I'm just asking," he shrugs her off and scrubs at the coffee stain on the counter even harder.

"Yes of course I did, honey. And I left yellow roses from you." She stills his hands from scrubbing so furiously and notices them tremble ever so slightly.

"And you tell him everything I tell you about the twins don't you?" he really wishes his voice wouldn't sound so shaky but it's still too hard for him to talk too much about his father.

"Of course I do... but Jiyong—"

"—I know."

"Do you?" she tilts her head.

Jiyong sighs and turns to lean against the counter. "I tell myself he already knows. That he sees every time Soomin giggles... that he laughs every time Jaesun pulls that cute frowny face..." he trails off and looks up at her through his fringe.

"I am sensing a ‘but’ here."

As always, mother is right. "But I don't feel him. I know I'm not meant to feel him all the time but there have been certain times I have felt him close. I felt him a lot when... When I umm— when me and Seung..." the tell tale blush staining his cheeks tips her off immediately.

"When that handsome young man began courting you?" Her laughter fills the kitchen and Jiyong finds it too infectious not to smile back.

"Yes, then," and she can hear the smile warming into his voice. "I guess Appa was just trying to size him up."

"He was seeing if Seunghyun was good enough for you. And he obviously thought you two were right for each other or else he wouldn't have allowed you two to meet." She leans against the counter beside him and nudges his side gently, "So then what's the problem, dear? You know your father loves you both and watches over your family."

"Does he though?" Jiyong whispers to the floor. "I'm not sure if he was here when I was carrying the twins... He might've been there when we found out and a few times at our hospital appointments but... I just don't know."

"Maybe you're not meant to know. Maybe he doesn't want you to constantly feel his presence as though he's bothering you and Seunghyun. Jiyong, I am the only person in this world who knew your father best and who still knows you best. I know he would be incredibly proud of you. Not just you but of your husband as well. I know he would be so proud of his little Choi-Kwon family."

The tears were already threatening to fall but when she says 'Choi-Kwon family' he can't hold it in any longer and Jiyong has to lean against her side as he sniffles back his tears. She tries her best to stay strong but naturally she gets weepy at the sight of her son tearing up. And with perfect timing as always, their little mother-son moment is interrupted by the resident klutz kicking his foot into the half closed door and tripping in to the kitchen.

"Oh!" Seunghyun stops right in the doorway spotting the two wiping their tears away. "Sorry I'll let you two have a moment," he apologises softly but Jiyong smiles at him from across the room.

"No it's okay, Hyun. We were just being sappy wives together," he pushes away from the counter and wipes his cheeks as Seunghyun walks over to him to catch the ones he missed.

"Oh, so you admit that you are the wife then?" He asks with a cheeky smile and slides his arm around his waist. "It is wonderful to see you, Umma and have you back in our house." Despite knowing Mrs. Kwon and being married to her son for years, Seunghyun still flushes whenever he calls her 'Umma' (which was at her insistence even before Seunghyun proposed to Jiyong).

"And it is a joy to be with both my sons again," she cups Seunghyun's red cheek briefly before he can flush even more." But oh my! Those two ratbags of yours... They're growing much too quickly for an old woman like me."

Jiyong opens his mouth to say something about finding her a place to have permanently closer to them when they hear Seunghyun's mother calling out from the other room. Jiyong looks over at his husband with a curious expression.

"Oh right," Seunghyun moves away and rushes over to the sink.

Seeing his husband moving in a flurry puts Jiyong in to a slight panic. "What is it, Hyun? What happened?"

"Uhh," Seunghyun grins guiltily knowing he shouldn't be laughing, "I honestly tried telling her that our little Peaches is a vomit machine but..."

"Oh no, you let her finish feeding Soomin?"

"Um yes."

"Did you give her the blanket?"

"I did... But mother saw how well Jae kept down his milk and said 'oh nonsense she won't bring it all up again.' Don't say I didn't warn her." And he dashes back into the living room with a cloth and clean blanket to clean up the mess.

Once they're alone together again, the Kwon's cannot seem to hold in their laughter any longer. The thought of Mrs. Choi all covered in little Peaches' vomit is strangely satisfying. Especially considering Mrs. Kwon has so far managed to avoid all vomit spat her way. It's true that Soomin is a vomit machine but you just have to know how to read her expressions for warnings—something which Mrs. Choi has yet to master.

Once they've calmed down a little from their giggling fit, Jiyong looks over at his mother and bites his lip before saying, "I think I'm ready for you to take the twins. Are you sure you're happy to take them for a night?"

When Seunghyun walks back in to the kitchen to place the blanket with Soomin's food in their laundry hamper saved for all things made messy from their two precious angels, he walks in to hear Jiyong say this to his mother and it shocks him, to say the least. "Wait. You're taking the twins tonight?" He asks suddenly, freezing on the spot and his deep voice bounces off the walls, making Jiyong whip around in shock.

"H-Hyun! I—you weren't supposed to... I wanted to..." Jiyong sighs and covers his eyes with his hand. When he glances back over at his husband, still frozen in the doorway, Jiyong takes careful steps towards him.  "I-if you don't want to, then it's alright, we don't have to but I... well I just thought that perhaps the two of us could use some alone time together and Umma offered so I... It was stupid of me to decide this without you, I'm so sorry."

"N-no... it's fine. I was just surprised to hear you say it because... well because I didn't think you would be ready to go a night without them." Seunghyun still looks too much in shock for Jiyong to be able to read him carefully but he agrees to just one night without the twins, so Jiyong has no choice but to believe that this is something his husband wants as well.

 

~

 

After the Choi's leave, without a single hug or kiss goodbye, Jiyong tries to stretch out the moment when his mother has to leave with the twins for as long as possible. On the walk to the front door, he picks up more random bits and bobs, toys, books, plushies, anything he can find which might comfort the twins. And every time he adds something to their bag, Seunghyun secretly takes it back out and throws it on the floor behind him. The whole thing is rather amusing to Mrs. Kwon who feels equally excited and sorry for the two new-parents going their first night without their babies.

"Soomin wriggles out of her blanket so you need to check on her several times and make sure she's wrapped up all nice and snug." Jiyong rambles, taking Soomin from his mother's arms for one last hug. "And Beanie takes a while to settle down and won't fall asleep unless you have your finger in his mouth but only the pinky finger for some reason. Once he's asleep though, you should be able to slip his binky in. But make sure it's the green one." He places Soomin in Seunghyun's arms before taking Jaesun off him for a quick cuddle and doesn't see the look Seunghyun and his mother share.

"Usually they're pretty good but if you hear one of them start to cry—probably Peaches—then you gotta get in there right away. She'll stop crying once you're there with her but it's Jaesun who has the power set of lungs on him. If she wakes him up then you're in for a hell of a night. Jae will wake up first and you have to feed him right away—he'll probably fuss for a few minutes but if you're persistent he'll cooperate. You just have to get his bottle in quickly because if Soomin doesn't get her bottle within a few minutes of waking up then you'll have a grump baby on your hands all day. And I'm the one who has to deal with her when you bring her back home."

It isn't easy but finally Seunghyun and Mrs. Kwon manage to have one baby each, leaving Jiyong out of arms reach. He still can't take his eyes off the twins though, or keep his mouth from yapping it seems. "And try to dress them in their matching pyjamas I packed for them. They just seem to settle down easier if they're wearing the same thing. Don't ask me why because I don't know."

Thankfully, for Jiyong's sake, Seunghyun doesn't mention that Jiyong also likes to dress himself in matching pyjamas and forces Seunghyun to wear matching pairs as well. When both babes are tucked in to their car seats safely, Jiyong hovers over them, completely oblivious to the strange little frowny faces they're giving him for acting so weird.

"Okay babies... Daddy loves you. I'm going to miss you, my little darlings. But you'll be home soon before you know it, okay?"

"Jiyong. They will be fine." Seunghyun comes up behind him and wraps his arms around him to try and calm him down but it doesn't help.

Jiyong looks up at him with those big brown eyes of his b with tears. "What if they think we're sending them away or that they'll never see us again??"

"Darling, it's just one night," Seunghyun cups his cheeks and brushes his thumbs just under his tear-filled eyes. "But if you're not ready then we don't have to do this now."

"No..." Jiyong shakes his head and steels himself with a deep breath. "No this is important. We need this. I can do this."

 


 

Well there we have it... the first proper update in months. I hope it's alright and please forgive if there are any mistakes.
(and please forgive me for disappearing for so long)