Sunday's

Home Is Wherever I'm With You

A/N: I am so sorry I haven't been around to update for ages :( please forgive me, my darlings! I wrote a quick little drabble on twitlonger earlier tonight and it got me in the fluffy mood so I just had to add a new snapshot to Peaches & Jelly Bean ^-^
I had this one floating around on my computer but was saving it for a later update (because believe it or not, there is some form of order to this chaos. It all makes sense in my head.) but I couldn't wait any longer. It's really short but super sweet!

 


GD: So umm... it's been a while, huh?
TOP: Mmm. Sorry guys <3

 


GD: I just wana say that feel really bad about—

 


TOP: —Screw it, Ji! Don't feel bad. WE'RE BACK BABY.

 


GD: Uhh, Tabi. Can you stop.
TOP: HELL NOOOO.

 


TOP: Ohhhh yeahhh *chooms bcoz so much happy*
GD: *looks away, awkwardly embarrassed*



TOP: Do do dooo do-do-doooo. So happiesss.
GD: Oh god, just stop already...



GD: Seunghyun. Stop.
TOP: *Huffs* Okay fine. //man child.

 


 

Sunday mornings.

 

The mornings reserved for lazing in bed, all warm and snug, wrapped up in your husband's arms; the reason why Sunday's are forever Seunghyun's absolute favourite day of the week.

 

This particular Sunday morning started with Jiyong stirring Seunghyun awake before the sun came up, curling into his side to kiss his husband's cheek before hands began drifting beneath the covers and slipping inside bedclothes. and squeezing and tickling and caressing. First thing in the morning is always meant for losing themselves in each other's arms, surrendering and suffocating. All lazy and sleepy kisses and wanton moans muffled into the pillows. When heady sighs make way for deep, calming breaths, they fall asleep in each other's arms because it's still too early to face the world and the twins haven't made a sound.

 

When Seunghyun awakens a few hours later, Jiyong twisted in the sheets beside him still sleeping peacefully without a care in the world, he has to quell that rising sense of dread that neither of them has woken sooner. A quick glance to the bedside table confirms the baby monitor is still switched on and on full volume—so it just means that their babies have decided they needed a sleep-in too. Carefully extracting himself from the bed as not to wake his slumbering dragon, Seunghyun pulls the door to an almost close and tiptoes his mismatched socked feet into the nursery. He dims the light before switching it on and soundlessly walks over to the cribs and he's certainly not surprised by what he sees.

 

There's Soomin still sound asleep, all twisted and sleeping on her belly in an awkward diagonal angle in her crib. How in the world does such a tiny baby shuffle around so much in her sleep? The soft brown locks of hair on her head are sticking up in all manner of directions and Seunghyun carefully smooths the fine hairs back down. A quiet whimper and shuffling sound draws his attention to the crib beside him and a warm smile reaches all the way up to his eyes. Jaesun is blinking up at him with those earthen brown eyes of his. Why is he not surprised to find his baby son wide awake this early on a Sunday morning?

 

Without hesitation, Seunghyun scoops up the tiny baby and cradles him into his arms. He buries his nose in his son's considerably thicker mess of black hair and breathes in the smell that only babies have—lavender and baby powder and a sweet floral scent with a hint of honey that is a complete mystery. He hoists Jaesun up until he's nestled safely into Seunghyun's broad chest, his head resting on his shoulder. Those eyes are blinking tiredly but Seunghyun can see the determination in his son's eyes to stay awake and not fall back asleep. He chuckles fondly at his son's quirks and bounces him in his arms, rubbing his back in slow circles.

 

"You hungry, baby boy?"

 

Jaesun of course doesn't answer him but he does make a little whinging sound and kicks his legs out. Seunghyun laughs, taking that as a very loud and clear—yes.

 

The pair make their way out into the kitchen and Seunghyun mentally thanks past-Seunghyun for keeping his socks on through the night because the kitchen tiles are cold beneath his feet. Moving with a grace and skill that is never present whenever Jiyong is around to see, Seunghyun prepares Jaesun's bottle with the yawning and fussing baby still in his arms. As an afterthought—or maybe his fatherly instinct takes over for a moment—Seunghyun decides to prepare Soomin's bottle as well, just in case. Once he's satisfied with the temperature of each bottle, he pads over to the couch and flops down into the soft cushions. Jaesun struggles against the bottle pressed to his mouth for only a few moments before greedily opening his mouth and ling the milk down. His tiny hands squeeze into fists as his legs kick out, showing he's happy and warm in his father's arms. Another laugh bubbles from Seunghyun's chest, startling the baby for a moment as the bottle slips from his mouth but with a gentle nudge, he happily accepts his breakfast.

 

"Why are you never this cooperative every time I try to feed you? Hmm?" Seunghyun asks of his infant son. "Is this like a onetime thing or something... Or maybe it's Jaesun's Sunday special for his Appa."

 

Jaesun finishes the last drop of his milk and Seunghyun places the empty bottle on the coffee table besides Soomin's awaiting bottle of milk, before lifting him on to his shoulder, patting his back to ease the milk down. Seunghyun makes kissy lips against his cheek and rubs his nose against the chubby cheek.

 

"Either way, thanks for behaving so well, Jae. Hmm, you precious little thing."

 

"God you two are so damn cute." Jiyong shuffles into the room, squinting his bleary eyes at the brightness from the sun through the windows. "If you were any sweeter I'd need a trip to the dentist. Me and Soomin both."

 

Said daughter is currently in his arms, still sleeping like a log with hanging open and drool dribbling down her chin. Jiyong yawns loudly, slumping into the couch to sit beside his husband and baby son. Seunghyun can't help but notice that same mess of bed hair he'd just fixed minutes before on Soomin's head is back and it's almost identical to the hair sticking up on the left side of Jiyong's head.

 

"You two are so similar, it's ridiculous." There's adoration seeping into his voice as the corner of Seunghyun's mouth pulls up slowly in a lop-sided grin, the one Jiyong loves so much and melts over every time.

 

"I could say the same about you two," Jiyong smiles over at Seunghyun and Jaesun—who are both looking over at him with wide-awake dark brown eyes.

 

Seunghyun tries to flatten Soomin's hair back down, causing the tiny baby girl to wake up. Little hands scrunch into tight fists and she starts to wriggle in Jiyong's lap, face screwing up and turning red at the threat of tears. Carefully cradling Jaesun in his arms, Seunghyun leans forward to pick up the second bottle and hands it over to Jiyong who gratefully accepts the bottle. He hastily presses it into Soomin's mouth before she can start wailing. As soon as she starts crying, Jaesun starts up his own tears, every time, without fail. And it's still way too early on Sunday morning for the Choi-Kwon husbands to deal with two screaming twins.

 

"Someone's being a fussy little darling this morning," Seunghyun tuts playfully, watching his baby girl turn her head away from the bottle tip. Jaesun is still acting the role of the perfect little angel and Seunghyun bounces him in his arms, nudging Jiyong in his side. "Not like my little man, so well behaved for his appa."

 

"Oh my god," Jiyong stares at him, shaking his head slowly.

 

"What?" Seunghyun frowns at him.

 

"Since when did you become fluent in cutesy baby talk." Jiyong laughs, resting his head on Seunghyun's shoulder.

 

"Hey, this is nothing. Wait til I start cooing and goo goo gaa'ing at them."

 

"Please promise me you won't," Jiyong says between his laughter, burying his giggling face in Seunghyun's shoulder, trying to hide his wide gummy smile.

 

They make their way back to the bedroom but Jiyong stops inside the doorway to the nursery and gives Seunghyun a secretive smile as the only clue as to why he stopped there. When the door swings open, Seunghyun's eyes nearly pop out of his head. He sees the most fluffiest and comfiest looking makeshift bed of warm blankets and puffy pillows scattered on the floor just in front of the cribs.

 

"You did all this?" Seunghyun gasps out in shock, awe, wonder—he's just really stunned, okay?

 

Jiyong giggles at his husband's reaction and flops down onto the springy pillows, placing Soomin down gently onto one of the fluffy blankets. "I'm not completely useless like you think I am," he smiles warmly up at his husband, reaching his hand out to him.

 

Seunghyun holds Jaesun in one arm and takes Jiyong's outstretched hand, bending down onto his knees in front of the smaller man to place a lingering kiss upon those lips.

 

"I only think that early in the mornings."

 

 


 

A/N: Well there you go, my lovelys. Hope this filled your need for a bit of fluffy domestic husbands <3 I'll try not to take so long again.

 


GD&TOP: Peace out!

 


GD&TOP: We're goin' back to bed to snuggle ^_______^

Tee: Yeah sure guys... "snuggle" ...we really believe you >_>