Murmur

Home Is Wherever I'm With You


Daesungie: TOP HYUNG your babies are about to be named
TOP: Yeahhhh, that's right...

 


TOP: Wait, what are you doing here, Dae?
Daesungie: No idea... Tee invited me.

 


Bae: Tee invited us all here for the name reveals and she hopes that you—
Ri: —YAY! THE TWINS ARE GOING TO BE NAMED :D
TOP: Calm yo , Maknae.
Ri: Okay sorry XD

 


Ri:
I'm so sorry, TOP-Hyung. I just got so excited.
TOP: It's okay baby Ri.

 


Ri:
I'm just really very excited for the babies to meet the world.
TOP: We're excited too Panda.

 

The guys aren't actually making any appearance in this but I just really wanted to use those gifs XD

OK.
HERE WE GO....

 


 

The early morning sun is only just peaking through the fluffy clouds high in the sky, making its appearance for a new day. Jiyong is murmuring away in his sleep, and Seunghyun is watching him and listening to his gibberish like the true creeper he is. Jiyong has always had a bad habit of murmuring in his sleep—during the dead of night, just before he falls asleep or as soon as he starts waking up. He occasionally says a few things he really ought not to and Seunghyun always makes sure to inform him of the embarrassing things he's said, relishing in the deep crimson that flushes his cheeks at the dirty thoughts that run through his dreams.

 

These vivid dreams which Jiyong gets lost in have become one of the many things Seunghyun loves so much about his husband. They've been a constant source of amusement for Seunghyun during long, sleepless nights when he can't seem to quieten his mind long enough for sleep to find him. Jiyong, being the sweet husband that he is, always tries his best to help Seunghyun follow him to the land of sleep but there are nights when those caramel brown eyes slip closed and succumb to the heavy pull of sleep before midnight orbs can join him. Seunghyun doesn't mind too much, taking comfort in watching the peaceful look on the younger's face while he slips into unconsciousness. Over their years spent together, Jiyong's vivid dreams have slowly dwindled down and become less and less frequent—only occurring during those nights when he's had one too many glasses of wine or his sleep has fallen so deep that his imagination takes over. For Seunghyun they've become something akin to a rare gem—something he's come to treat with awe and wonder.

 

Seunghyun notices the first tell tale sign that Jiyong has slipped into one of these cherished dreams is a series of almost inaudible sighs. Next to follow is incoherent mumbling, which are really just tiny sounds of whimpers and mewls. And then there's this expression which takes hold of his face and it's like a swirling mix of all of Seunghyun's favourite emotions the man possesses. He's graced with the sight of a mischievous smile tugging on the corner of Jiyong's lips into a barely there smirk and the faintest of blushes appears over the apples of his chubby cheeks. And then he'll exhale a long breath of air and his limbs sag lazily.

 

But the dreams don't always turn down that naughty, twisting path. A lot of the times they're filled with obvious sweetness and affection—if the lip-biting smile and the way Jiyong shyly tries to bury his blushing cheeks deep into his pillow is anything to go by. It's the sweetest sight to behold. Sometimes his button nose twitches every so often and his hands come up in front of her face and he looks like an adorable little bunny rabbit. Seunghyun watches on, completely transfixed at all the different smiles which light up his sleeping husband's face. His favourite times are when Jiyong makes this strange sound which is somewhere between a squeak and a snuffle and he's delighted every time he's allowed to hear it—whether it's during Jiyong's deep sleep or at other times when they're locked in each other's arms late at night. And then there are other nights when Jiyong rests peacefully, unmoving for hours and quiet as a mouse... and then Seunghyun will be startled awake when a cold hand wanders across the expanse of sheets between them and frozen fingertips wrap themselves around his wrist, drawing and pulling him closer, warmer, together.

 

He's been completely lost in the sight of Jiyong's soft lashes twitching against chubby cheeks, when Jiyong suddenly rolls over on his side and snuffles his face into the pillow. His body has instinctively sought out the warmth of Seunghyun's own sleepy body and Jiyong has almost curled completely into his side, his hand rests against the pocket of Seunghyun's pajama shirt—the colour of midnight blue with white snowflakes on it, a treasured gift from Jiyong for last Christmas.

 

He's always been intrigued by Jiyong's strange quirks. For as long as they've been sharing a bed, Seunghyun can remember random mumblings from the younger man. Even on their very first night sleeping beside each other, Jiyong had interrupted Seunghyun's peaceful slumber. In fact it was the first night they had met and Seunghyun being the responsible hyung he was so naturally born to be, insisted on taking care of the awkward and shy Jiyong who had drunk one too many beers that night. They'd only met a few hours earlier in some cheap bar in the shady part of town which Jiyong only gained entrance to thanks to a poorly made fake ID. But Seunghyun was already falling hard for him. He'd only just met this gorgeous creature but they were both young and so eager to fall hopelessly in love and so he let himself fall. He had been discreetly mapping out Jiyong's soft features with a cautious and curious fingertip, sloping down a cute button nose, over gracefully arching brows and across pink-hued cheeks when suddenly the younger boy twitched away from his touch. If that wasn't enough to make him jump, then what followed certainly was. Jiyong yelled at the poor boy for making his sandwich with soggy bread. Needless to say, Seunghyun had been startled wide awake and just sort of awkwardly laid next to him, his heart beating faster and faster as the confusing silence stretched on before Jiyong huffed and rolled over, whining about the way the tomato slices were frowning at him.

 

Seunghyun continues to lose himself in his fond memories as he takes in the sight of Jiyong's sleep mussed hair and his pouty open lips as they mumble out incoherent babbles every moment or so. He's brought out of his reverie when Jiyong's fist takes hold of his shirt, squeezing the soft material tightly into his closed fist, almost tugging Seunghyun closer towards him. Jiyong's brow twitches and a soft puff of air is pushed through his lips before he whines out Seunghyun's name.

 

"Seunghyunnieee... we can't... no don't eat the peach. S'not... nooo."

 

A grin lights up Seunghyun's face at Jiyong's senseless phrases and he leans in closer just in case he misses any of his husband's crazy. (And for half a second he questions why more often than not Jiyong's sleep talking is about some form of food.)

 

"No more peaches. No... too fuzzy... for her."

 

There's a hard line in the middle of Jiyong's brow and his hand has gripped itself even tighter into Seunghyun's shirt and it's becoming uncomfortable being continuously pulled further into the mattress. Another whine of 'Nooo' and Seunghyun is roughly shoved in his chest, his sleeping husband trying to push him away. His eyebrows are drawn even tighter and his legs begin to shift in slight kicking motions. If Seunghyun doesn't want to accumulate anymore 'mystery' bruises (he calls them his mystery bruises whenever Jiyong enquires how he got them because he just can't bring himself to see the guilt in those brown eyes whenever he learns they're from his flailing limbs in his sleep) he needs to act now and soothe whatever worries may be troubling his Jiyong in his sleep filled mind.

 

With the pad of his thumb, Seunghyun eases those worry lines creasing Jiyong's forehead with a single and a calming 'shhh'. Almost instantly, Jiyong's legs stop their fidgeting and his whines turn to whimpers, desperately begging for more of his touch. Seunghyun politely obliges and runs his finger down the length of Jiyong's nose, trailing over to the flushed cheek and cups his face in his warm palm. In his sleep, Jiyong nuzzles into the warmth and lets out a small sigh that anyone else would mistake for a breath, but Seunghyun knows better. He's spent years laying by this man's side and knows every sharp intake of breath and committed each sigh, moan, gasp and whimper to memory. His thumb traces the apple of his cheek, the supple skin until Jiyong settles down again. A smile starts to form at the corners of his mouth and Seunghyun perks his ears up in case another nonsensical sentence is about to said. And he's right.

 

"No more peaches, Hyunnie..."

 

Jiyong rolls onto his back but still stays close to Seunghyun's side and the older man shifts his position so that he's partially hovering over Jiyong's slumbering form. This is when the fun starts and Seunghyun, ever the five year old man-child, plays a little.

 

"But I like peaches, Yongie."

 

"Noooo." A high-pitched whine and then a frustrated huff.

 

"Yes." Seunghyun has to bite back the chuckle threatening to spoil his fun.

 

"You can't. That's not it no more."

 

"What's not it, my love?"

 

"Her name," he sighs—whether it's because he's almost at his wits end or whether it's a whistful sigh, Seunghyun can't actually tell the difference. But the peaceful look on Jiyong's still sleeping face tells him the answer.

 

"What's her name, my love? Have you found it? Tell me, Jiyong-ah," Seunghyun can't contain his excitement because he has a feeling that Jiyong has found their daughters name trapped in that beautiful sleepy brain of his. In his anticipation, he's shifted over Jiyong's body until he's almost straddling him. Before he can notice how risky that move was, Jiyong stirs beneath him and his limbs stretch out to his sides.

 

Oh no. No, no, no. Don't wake up.

 

There's a hum from the man beneath him and then a pair of groggy eyes are blinking up at him in slight confusion.

 

Too late.

 

"Seunghyun?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"What on earth are you doing?"

 

"Oh," Seunghyun says dumbly and awkwardly rolls away from Jiyong until there's a wide stretch of white sheets between them. He looks up at their ceiling, trying to figure out what just went wrong. They were possibly just about to name their daughter and he ruined it.

 

"What are you talking about, Hyun?"

 

Did I just say that out loud?

 

"Yes, you did and you're still talking out loud. I'm way too sleepy to make sense of your crazy right now, honey."

 

"Oh," he says again. Award for the biggest morning Bingu goes to... "You were mumbling in your sleep again. And I think you were about to give her a name—"

 

"—What? What are you...?" Jiyong interrupts him, practically clambering over his body to straddle him.

 

"You kept talking about 'no more peaches' so I think you almost..."

 

Seunghyun trails off—or depending on how you look at it, is cut off—as Jiyong's eyes go wide as saucers before he pushes off Seunghyun's body and jumps off the bed. The weight of Jiyong's small hands shoving off his chest knocks the wind out of his lungs and he's left laying there feeling dumbfounded at his husband's actions... when it hits him... Jiyong's remembered the name! And Seunghyun is disentangling himself from the sheets and running across the hall just as quickly as his husband had done not three seconds earlier. With a loud thud, Seunghyun collides into the doorframe and hisses at the twinge of pain shooting down his shoulder but pushes on. In his hurry he kind of forgot to untwist his pajama bottoms and the traitorous pants had been the cause of his clumsiness.

 

Thankfully Jiyong didn't even notice the embarrassing moment. All his attention is on the still sleeping baby girl in his arms. Jiyong looks up at Seunghyun with that bright grin of his and the sight of seeing the man he loves with so much light and love in his eyes is enough to bring forth the sting of tears. There's an anxious flutter settling deep in his stomach and he doesn't even notice he's been holding his breath until his lungs are gasping for air. Without conscious thought Seunghyun slowly steps closer to Jiyong and Peaches. He stops just in front of them and the anticipation bubbling through his veins is making his fingers twitch. There's that gummy smile of Jiyong's lighting up his face and his husband looks up at him with tears in his eyes. It's a look that he's seen on Jiyong's face before but this particular expression of love and true happiness is as rare as they come. Seunghyun doesn't think he's felt this elated and felt so much joy just from one look from Jiyong since the day their twins arrived. And before then it was their wedding day. And before that it was the day they moved into their house together. And before that it had been the night they met.

 

The sound of soft laughter brings Seunghyun back down to earth and a warm hand is his cheek, wiping away tears which he didn't even realise were spilling over.

 

"Tell me, Jiyong. Please."

 

Jiyong bites down on his lip, attempting to settle that bright smile down enough to answer him. And when he does, that soft voice fills Seunghyun's heart with immense warmth until it trickles through his bloodstream, all the way down to his toes.

 

"Seunghyun... I'd like you to meet your baby girl, Soo Min."

 

Soo Min...

Seunghyun looks down at their daughter with a smile that threatens to split his face in half. Reaching out with a shaking hand, he the soft tuffs of hair on her head and leans down to press a sweet kiss on that rosy cheek of hers. "It's beautiful, Jiyong. She's so beautiful."

 

Jiyong doesn't say anything, just pulls Seunghyun close to him and presses their foreheads together as silent tears trail down both of their cheeks. Seunghyun could have happily stayed like that, peaceful and happy—but something tugs on his heart and without warning he pulls away from Jiyong's touch. Some gravitational force takes hold of his body and the only thing he can put it down to is a strong, deep-rooted paternal instinct that up until now had left itself undiscovered and buried deep down in the bottom of his heart. Seunghyun somehow manages to calm his breathing down enough to get his body to function again and with gentle, careful movements he scoops up his tiny baby son into his arms. Silent tears had made their presence known as soon as Jiyong had whispered out that sweet name but now Seunghyun lets his tears flow freely and he can't fight back the sobs and whimpers coming from his shaking form.

 

"Who is he, Seunghyun?"

 

There's a desperation in Jiyong's voice that Seunghyun recognises because he'd felt that same way just moments ago. He doesn't have to look up to know that Jiyong is crying too, so he continues to gaze down at his youngest twin who's just waking up in his arms. He knew he wouldn't get away with all those noisy tears for much longer. His Jelly Bean finally opens his eyes and those big brown eyes immediately find his and a tiny hand stretches out close to his cheek. Seunghyun asks himself if his tiny boy could be any more precious and the answer is of course no.

 

"Hyun," a soft whisper beside him causes his attention to slip away from his baby boy for just a moment and Seunghyun looks into Jiyong's eyes, finding the strength and courage to listen to his heart and find what's locked inside it.

 

"Jae Sun."

 

There's no wide grin, or surprise balloons falling from the ceiling or string orchestra playing the soundtrack to their lives. There's just a soft smile on pink lips and a twinkle in brown eyes and a warmth in the hand that settles on his cheek.

 

"Choi-Kwon Soo Min and Choi-Kwon Jae Sun."

 

"They're perfect."

 

"Our family is perfect."

 


 

So there we have it! I'm sorry it's so short :( reading over this I didn't realise just how sappy I had made it. Is it too much?? >_< I'd really like to know what everyone thinks of the names because I have seriously angsted over this for weeks and I feel like I've finally chosen the right names. To the best of my googling abilities, I found meanings for both names but I don't know how accurate they are. A part from a few random German words I have stored in my vocabulary—I only speak English and no other language. There's probably much better translations of the meanings but I'm just a humble VIP/Gtop shipper with google as her only friend ;_;

Soomin—excellence and cleverness

Jaesun—respect and goodness

 

Oh! GD and TOP stopped by and wanted to say hey to you guys ;)

 


GD&TOP: YAY SOOMIN AND JAESUN!

 


GD&TOP: *dances in celebration*

 


GD: We have such cute babies!
TOP: I know!
GD: And now they have cute names!
TOP: I know!

 


GD: Yay! *spazzes*
TOP: Why are our babies so cute, Yongie XD

 


GD: Because they're OURS, Hyunnie. We make beautiful, beautiful babies together.
TOP: *laughs affectionately at his adorably excited husband*

 


GD: *surprised* :O
TOP: I love you, Yongie.
GD:  ... ^____^ I love you too, Tabi.

 


GD&TOP: We hope you guys like the names we chose for the twins :3

 


TOP: Because we love 'em *wink*

 


GD&TOP: Now if you'll excuse us we have some serious celebrating to do...