Two am

Home Is Wherever I'm With You

A/N: So I scrambled this piece together from some bits and pieces I had scribbled about (not too sure how good it is >_<) I wanted to say that I write every new update with a lot of love poured into it for each and every one of you who reads this silly fluffy little family. All the commenters and silent readers, up-voters and subscribers. Those of you who I'm close with and those who I'm not lucky enough to know closely yet. Every word is always for all of you.

This started off as something which was meant to be sugary sweet but it didn't end up going quite that way. I guess my own sleep deprivation is catching up on me? But I do hope that you enjoy it nonetheless! And hey... we get to hear a little bit more about how Jiyongie and Seunghyunnie met in this one ^_____^

 


GD:
Heyyyy TABI HYUNG guess what? XD
TOP: Huh, what is it Jiyongie?

 


GD:
*whispers* Tee's about to tell everyone how we first met.
TOP: Ooooooh.

 


TOP:
*whispers* this is so exciting, Ji Baby.

 


GD&TOP:
Enjoy! *kissy kiss*

 

 


 

Two am

 

The twins are being particularly difficult for this evening's bedtime—not to mention Jaesun didn't even take his second afternoon nap because he simply refused to even pretend to appear sleepy and Soomin being the little trickster mastermind that she is expertly wriggled out of her tightly wrapped snug-as-a-bug blanket six times in the afternoon so her nap was completely unsettled. Jiyong has been stomping in and out of the nursery for last three or four hours—Seunghyun's lost count—because as soon as one of the twins settles down and falls asleep, the other will begin to fuss and squirm in their cot. And every time the baby monitor alerts them to even the slightest shuffling sounds—before Seunghyun can reach out to Jiyong, grabbing hold of his arm to keep him warm in bed next to him—the overly attached father jumps out of bed and runs across the hall before both of the babies wake up.

 

This time though, Seunghyun has had enough and follows Jiyong into the nursery. All previous attempts tonight have been met with an overly sweet Oh no, Hyunnie, it's fine. Go back to bed. and he's been shooed back into their bedroom. But enough is enough. He throws the covers off and makes his way over to the nursery. He's tired and he's grumpy and he's cold and all he wants right now is a good night's rest just for once, all warm and curled up by Jiyong's side. He's prepared to fight for it if he has to and by any means necessary. If the only way to get Jiyong out of the nursery and back to bed is to throw him over his shoulder... well then he'll do it. But when he stops just short of the threshold, all the annoyance and frustration escapes from him in a long, drawn out sigh. There's Jiyong, hair messy and Seunghyun's old t-shirt hanging off his shoulder, looking completely lifeless, staring down into the two cribs side by side.

 

"Hyun," Jiyong sighs, sounding completely worn out and the end of his patience.

 

Hearing the way his voice wavers, Seunghyun's face falls at the sound of his husband's weak voice. He's usually so strong and confident and patient with the babies. Sure, he can be the complete and total opposite when it comes to dealing with his man-child husband but he's a whole other person when it comes to taking care of his children. Fatherhood has rewarded Jiyong with the care and patience and resolve to take on just about anything the twins throw at them—whether it be Soomin's temper tantrums (definitely inherited from the Choi side of the gene pool) or Jaesun's tendency to kick anyone who dares come near him when he's in a mood (a fairly common trait found in the Kwon family). So seeing the slumped shoulders and lowered head of his darling husband as he steps into the nursery to lend a helping hand, makes Seunghyun's heart clench and causes a lump in his throat.

 

"I can't do this anymore," Jiyong whispers at the sound of his husband crossing the room.

 

Within a heartbeat, Seunghyun is there behind him, arms tightly wrapping around his small waist. The twins are almost twelve weeks old now and that perfectly round belly they squished inside of for nine months is now completely gone. Jiyong's stomach is now back to its original flat toned self and Seunghyun misses the extra weight his husband was carrying on his hips and thighs. Pulling the tired body of the smaller man against his own, Seunghyun lowers his lips to the sharp angle of Jiyong's exposed shoulder, nipping down gently. His teeth making little track marks across his bony shoulder and up over that slender neck. At the sound of soft whimper, Seunghyun's hand travels up the length of Jiyong's side and over his ribs, fingers running along the protruding bones, following the tracks of his ribs back down to grip onto his waist with both hands. There's a soft moan from Jiyong's open mouth, only made audible by the unforgiving acoustics of the solid walls surrounding them. Encouraged by the sounds, Seunghyun moves one hand over his hip, digging in with blunt nails as he trails down to slip his hand inside Jiyong's pajama pants.

 

"What are you doing?" Jiyong asks softly, leaning away from Seunghyun's hungry teeth still nibbling away on his neck and shoulder.

 

"Worshiping you. What's it look like?" he states matter-of-factly as his fingers move to untie the drawstring of his pants.

 

But before he can claim his prize, Jiyong is pulling away from him and slips out of his arms. Leaning down to look into Jaesun's crib, Jiyong keeps his back Seunghyun who's just staring at him dumbfounded as to why his advances were just blatantly rejected.

 

"Well it seems Jelly Bean has calmed down since but can you check on Peaches to make sure she hasn't wriggled out of her blanket again?" he whispers, still bent over into Jae's crib keeping his back expertly turned away from him.

 

"Of course," Seunghyun says flatly before stepping up beside him, discreetly trying to sneak a glance at Jiyong's face to assess if there's any damage done but Jiyong's attention is captured by Jaesun's tiny mouth ling on his pinky finger. With a long sigh Seunghyun leans over the bars of Soomin's cot and carefully fixes her tightly wrapped blankets, she begins to stir at the prodding hands but a quiet shhh baby and soothing rub to her belly by Seunghyun's warm hands has her settling back down in no time. Straightening his back, Seunghyun moves away from the cribs and reports, "All clear."

 

With what seems to be a great reluctance, Jiyong slips his finger out from Jaesun's mouth and replaces it with his green dummy. He turns back to face Seunghyun, wiping the drool-covered digit on his shirt. "Good," he nods slowly, stepping away from the twin's beds and making his way over to wrap his arms around Seunghyun's back, burying his face into that broad chest he finds so much solace in. "What time is it?"

 

"Almost two," Seunghyun mumbles against his lavender scented hair before kissing his temple, working his lips over the spot trying his best to ease away some of the tension lingering there.

 

"We should sleep but..." Jiyong trails over, looking over his shoulders at the twins, who for the moment seem to be okay.

 

Seunghyun can see the sadness in Jiyong's normally sparkling brown eyes, so he squeezes his middle and sways them from side to side gently. "Mmm we should. You're so tired, Yongie. I can see the light draining from your eyes." He places his forefinger under Jiyong's chin, so that he can look directly at him, no escaping now. "Would you like to spend the night in the nursery instead? We can set up the fluffy bed on the floor again. That way you can rest easy knowing Peaches and Beanie will be alright with us both close by to help them settle down again."

 

Without waiting for a reply, Seunghyun dips his head to catch Jiyong's pouting bottom lip between his teeth, gently pulling on it before his tongue across his lips gently to soothe the ache. Jiyong presses his lips back against his warm mouth a few times, thanking him and communicating his agreement with the suggestion. Slipping away from his husband's warm hug, Seunghyun brings all their blankets into the room and arranges them on the floor so they have someplace comfy to snuggle up together.

 

He buries himself deep under all the fluffy, warm blankets and holds the covers open for Jiyong to slide into. Once the two sleepy-eyed men are side by side, Seunghyun lowers his arm to bring the covers over both of their chilled bodies, enveloping in warmth and comfort. All snug under the thick layer of blankets, Jiyong wriggles in closer and closer, cuddling into his husband's side. Hands make their way over every possible surface of Jiyong's body and he squirms pleasantly into all the welcomed touches. Fingers travelling along his side, down the length of his arm, kneading his thighs, rubbing his pert little bum.

 

"Mmm this feels so nice, Hyunnie," he snuffles into his chest. "But I'm worried we might be too noisy and disturb the twins again."

 

"How can spooning be noisy. Do you think I have a hidden agenda or something?" He whispers into his ear, hot breath tickling his hairs at the base of his neck.

 

"You always have a hidden agenda." Jiyong hates himself for not being able to hold back the smile spreading over his face

 

"Well maybe I do." Jiyong can't see the smirk on his face but he sure as hell can hear it seeping into his cheeky tone.

 

Seunghyun captures his lips in a sweet kiss, earning little soft moans and pleased sighs from his sleep deprived husband. The kiss lingers and eventually Jiyong fidgets in Seunghyun's hold and manages to squirm out his tight grip. With a hand pressed to Seunghyun's chest, Jiyonh leans back far enough from that determined mouth to breath out, "Hyun, we can't... not here. The twins..."

 

"But Ji, I've been waiting for this all day." He exhales against his mouth, burying his words deep inside his mouth.

 

Jiyong pecks him sweetly before shuffling backwards to create some distance between them. "Just go to sleep, m'too tired."

 

"But I miss you, baby. I miss us." Seunghyun tightly wraps an arm around Jiyong's waist, hauling the smaller body back in close until they're pressed so tightly against each other there's not even enough space left for air to flow. "I miss this—actually going to sleep at the same time for once and being able to hold you in my arms while we both fall asleep. I can't remember the last time I was able to fall asleep with you. You're either fretting over the kids and refuse to come to bed and I spend half the night trying to stay up and wait for you. The other times you've exhausted yourself so much that you just collapse on the bed before I've even cooked dinner." Seunghyun's voice is threatening to go beyond an urgent whisper so he pauses to calm himself back down again, eyes slipping closed for just a moment before he opens them to look his husband in the eyes. "Just come back to me, baby. I miss you. Don't you miss me Jiyong-ah? Don't you miss cuddling together?" he whispers low into his neck. Burying his face into his shoulder, placing soft yearning kisses along the bones and muscles, slipping his own old baggy t-shirt which drowns on the skinny frame of his husband down over his shoulder to reach more of his skin.

 

Jiyong can't fight back the soft whimpers spilling from his lips at the tongue across his skin, branding him with his mouth. "Of course I miss you. How can you say that? But... the twins. We can't wake them up."

 

"I promise I'll be quiet unless you're the one making the noises," Seunghyun's voice is muffled against his skin as a hand travels lower to grip onto his hip, pushing him onto his back.

 

With strong hands, Jiyong lifts Seunghyun's face to gaze upon him. "Please, Seunghyun. Stop. We can cuddle and even talk if you want to but I don't..." he trails off quietly, biting his lip and breaking eye contact.

 

"Okay." Seunghyun says flatly and rolls off him to lay on his back, shoving a hand under his pillow and bringing the blanket up over his chest. "Let's just get some rest. You need to catch up on your sleep anyway."

 

As soon as the word's escape from Seunghyun's lips, Jiyong feels a sharp pang of guilt at the curt tone in his voice. It's not that he's rejecting him because he doesn't want him—he's just so tired that the thought of doing anything that requires enough motor function to shift and move and react makes him feel incredibly exhausted. He can't leave it like this. He has to do something, anything, to wipe away that mournful look on his husband's face at his sort-of-not-a-rejection-but-it-kinda-really-was.

 

Seunghyun is actually beginning to fall asleep and feel his muscles loosen into the mattress when Jiyong's soft lips are suddenly pressing down on his. Immediately, Seunghyun's fingers find their way into the mess of bed hair and Jiyong gives a shameless whimper when his hands grip onto his hips for the second time that night, pulling him down until their bodies are flush against each other. But that's not how this is meant to go—so Jiyong finally manages to wriggle away from Seunghyun's strong hands and lies on his side, planting light kisses over Seunghyun's face. A chuckle bubbles out of Seunghyun's chest as tongue and teeth attack the ticklish spot on his neck. Jiyong smiles, nuzzling into his neck, breathing in his smell. Their lips press together again but it's a gentle, sweet kiss filled with all the adoration and love Jiyong has for his husband. And his husband repays him in kind—fingers walk their way up over Jiyong's body, coming to rest on his arm, fingertips running along the smooth skin.

 

"Do you remember the first time we met?" Jiyong's eyes light up in the dimly light room and he shifts in a little closer to the warm body pressed against his side.

 

"How could you ask such a thing? No, sorry Ji... I've totally forgotten how exactly you came to be my husband. Wait, who are you again? Do I know you?"

 

Jiyong scowls, punching him on the arm. Seunghyun rubs the spot, whining out an owww. Jiyong ignores the ridiculous pout forming on those kitten lips and threads his fingers through the tousled brown locks falling over dark brown eyes. "Shall I start?"

 

Seunghyun leans into his touch before smiling up at him and nods, "Mmm. You always start it better than I do."

 

"Okay," Jiyong grins and wriggles his way over to curl into his side, resting his head on Seunghyun's chest. He seeks out his hand, threading their fingers together and Seunghyun places tiny kisses along his knuckles before resting their entwined hands over his heart and gazes down at his husband who already seems lost in the memory. With a shake of their held hands, Seunghyun pushes Jiyong to begin their bedtime story. "It was a Saturday night and my friends dragged me to some divey bar which was hidden down a crooked alley and down a very unsteady set of stairs but it was the only place I could get in without getting carded. It was an open mic night and a terrible one at that. I'd been there for nearly two hours and was way past tipsy and I could feel my stool wobbling underneath me because my head kept lolling to the side and I really just wanted to go home."

 

Seunghyun laughs and Jiyong whacks him in the chest with their joined hands because there's a shuffling sound from one of the babies cribs—possibly Jae's. But a few moments later and the noise stops so he leans in closer and whispers softly, "You were nearly fast asleep, drool at the corner of your mouth when the next act stepped up on stage for the open mic night which so far had consisted of cats screeching and nails down a blackboard."

 

Jiyong leans his head up a little higher on Seunghyun's shoulder so they can look at each other while they retell their tale. "The house lights dimmed down until an orange glow illuminated this beautiful creature standing in the middle of the stage, mic in trembling hands on a pair of trembling legs. He looked just as uncomfortable and out of place in that bar as much as I felt. Before he even took a breath I had committed his face to my memory. Sharp cheekbones that angled down to a strong jaw, clenching with the nerves. Thick solid brow and an elegantly sloping nose which drew my eyes down to a pair of lips lined with the most defined and inviting cupids bow I had ever set my sights on. His shaggy hair kept falling over his black eyes and he just let the silken curtain shield his eyes from the wandering stares of strangers in the crowd. How badly I wanted to sweep those raven locks aside to stare into those mysterious dark eyes. When he finally opened his mouth I felt my breath catch in my throat and my heart forgot to do its job for a few beats until his deep, husky voice echoed so loudly in my ears it sounded like he was whispering dirty sweet nothing's into my ear and his voice rumbled out of his inviting mouth to vibrate down my spine in shivers."

 

Seunghyun takes a few moments to collect himself before continuing, his mouth opens and closes a few times trying to fight against the huge grin lighting up his face. He runs his thumb over Jiyong's knuckles and bumps their noses together. Whispering sweetly, "it was technically Sunday morning not Saturday night when you plucked up the courage to approach me. I was crouched over the bar in the corner, burning holes into the wood of the sticky bar top and my beer was going warm because I couldn't stop gripping the glass so tightly. During my whole performance I could feel someone watching me, their gaze burned into me, prickling the hairs on my neck and shooting shivers down my spine. I could feel the same person staring at me but when I felt that timid little tap on my shoulder, followed by a tiny cough to clear your throat, the last thing I expected to turn and stare into was a set of golden caramel eyes, all wide and hopeful and nervous as hell. I know you asked me something because I was watching those pouty pink lips of yours move and got caught in the trap when the tip of your tongue poked out for a moment to your lips. And then those crooked teeth of yours sunk into the flesh of your bottom lip and you looked so adorable and innocent and beautiful it made my heart ache. No exaggerations. It pained me to leave such a rare beauty untouched –all I wanted in that moment was to be granted the honour of loving you and cherishing you forever."

 

"I tried to ask you if you wanted another beer and I had to ask you three times before you finally flicked your gaze back up to my eyes and away from my mouth." Jiyong's laughter spills over into his voice and he has to bury his face in Seunghyun's shoulder to muffle the sound.

 

"And my dark, intense gaze was so much for you that you fumbled with your drink in your hand and spilt it all over me." Seunghyun kisses Jiyong's hair, trying to coax his blushing husband away from his shoulder.

 

Eventually Jiyong looks up at him through bashful eyes, twinkling in the dimly lit room. "And then I practically jumped into your lap in my stupid enthusiasm to mop up all the amber liquid soaking through your baggy jeans. You laughed at me and the sound literally vibrated right through me just like I had fantasized when you were up on the stage. You had my wrists trapped in your large hands and it sent a shiver right down my spine."

 

"You hung your head, mousy brown hair covering your eyes and refused to look back up at me. So I told you my name was Tempo. And then you looked up at me with blushing cheeks and wide eyes. It was the first time seeing that expression on your face but I knew it certainly wouldn't be the last. And I was going to cherish every moment I got to commit your face to memory."

 

"You brushed my hair out of my eyes so that I had no choice but to look at you properly and your hands smelt like beer and something salty and I stuttered out my name, J-Ji... G-Dragon. GD. Call me GD."

 

"After that you said for the fourth time that night, so can I buy you a drink? And I tried my hardest not to laugh at how totally cute you were. I answered with, are you even old enough to buy me a drink?"

 

"And that was the first time I saw your lop-sided smile and I immediately fell in love. I should have been embarrassed and completely ashamed and ran away—"

 

"—but you glared at me and jut your chin out and said, well I got in here didn't I?"

 

"And you couldn't stop laughing at me and before I could argue you'd already ordered another two beers."

 

Seunghyun leans down to press a kiss to his lips, "And the rest is history."

 

"Not really," Jiyong smiles against his lips. "You left out the part where you got me completely blind drunk. Your underage dongsaeng I should add. And then you threw me over your shoulder and kidnapped me back to your apartment. I mean I'm pretty gosh darn lucky you weren't some crazy axe murderer."

 

"Hey!" Seunghyun whispers harshly. "I did NOT get you drunk. You were already wayyyy past drunk when you stalked over to me, swaying your hips and giving me that sulty look. And I didn't have a choice but to bring you home with me because your friends had already left and abandoned you. You were passing out and drooling on my shoulder... what was I meant to do?"

 

"My knight in shining armour," Jiyong rolls his eyes. "Such a good hyung to me. So caring and protective of his poor little dongsaengie."

 

"Hey, don't start up with that cutesy act. Then we really will have a problem with keeping the twins asleep," Seunghyun grins at him. "You were painfully adorable back then, I couldn't resist those cute chubby cheeks. That was before you even got all your ear piercings or dyed your hair."

 

"Don't lie, you totally had a thing for my blonde hair phase."

 

"Yeah but the makeup drove me ing crazy though."

 

"Good crazy I hope. When we met you still used to wear those fake sparkling diamonds in each ear." Jiyong yawns loudly, worriedly looking over at the cribs but when there's no sounds of fussy babies, he turns back into Seunghyun's chest. "I'm sorry things are hard right now, Seunghyun but they will get better. We're still learning and this still so new to us that we're bound to slip up every now and then. It's hard to balance everything and occasionally something has to be put aside for a while until the balance can figure itself out again. I love our family so much and to me, our lives are perfect."

 

Jiyong's sleepy-voiced ramble comes to an end after Seunghyun allowed him to spill it all out uninterrupted. This can wait until the morning. For now, they need the peace. The nightlights for the twin's create a soft glow around the room and the shadows forming across Jiyong's weary face accentuate all the harsh lines and dark circles peppering his face. Seunghyun runs his fingers over Jiyong's forehead, rubbing in light to help him relax and find the heavy pull of sleep he so desperately needs. Only when he feels Jiyong's chest begin to rise and fall at an even pace, Seunghyun allows his heavy eyes to fall shut.

 


 

A/N: I hope this made sense... I feel like the flow may be a little off with this one and if it is, I apologise. I have the next two updates planned out and mostly written already so strap yourselves in. Chapters five, six and seven will all link together.
This one is for you—Eney, Rui and El. Thanks for everything<3
Also, some of this was inspired by one my twitter chats with carmenfantasy so this one's also for you, dear.

 


GD:
Ahhh, so there we have it, Tabi hyung.
TOP: *cries bcoz too beautifuls*

 


GD:
We are sooo sweet
TOP: *wipes away tears* Really sweet ^_^

 


TOP:
Wait...*reads over their story again* Oh... my... god...

 


TOP:
Guys, guys, guyyyyysss... did you see how freaken cute we were when we met?!

 


TOP:
MY JIYONGIE FELL IN LOVE WHEN I SMILED AT HIM FOR THE FIRST TIMEEE *WEEEEE*

 


GD:
Asdflkhsdgilhnweighefn *spazzes* WAE R U SO CUTE HYUNG
TOP: Eeeeee lol I dunno XD

 


GD:
Tabi I can't handle teh cute. *hides*

 


TOP:
Naw, c'mere Jiyong-ah. Luff chu hubby.

 

Tee: Well... it's past one am over here and I have work again tomorrow so I will come back and fix any mistakes later—

*is interuppted by bossy rude oppa*


TOP:
Omo Tee it's so late why won't you stop playing with my Jiyong and let us rest? *pouts*
Tee: Top pls. Now you know how WE feel. You pretty face never lets me get some rest. Stop begging me with those dark y eyes. GOSH.

 


Tee:
Your handsome face is too much to handle ASDLJLDSGNVFNJWAUTNWTHAUWENF. JUST CMERE ALREADYYYY.