*BONUS SCENE

Home Is Wherever I'm With You

A/N: I can't believe how long it's been and how many of you are still contacting me asking me to update. I'm so touched by the support. You have no idea ❤ Thank you all so much for still subbing and still commenting on my angsty blog posts lol. This is a little bonus scene I wrote ages ago. I wrote it as more of a 'deleted scene' but then... it kind of turned into something a little different. A flash forward and a glimpse into their future if you will. They don't call me Tee~se for nothing ;)
I can't promise regular updates from here but I just want you all to know that I am still alive and I am still thinking of all of you and I am still trying to write something again. I hope I'll have more for you really soon. Leave me lots of love so I'll feel guilty into posting another chapter hehe.
Apologies for any mistakes or if it's boring at all.
 


~Lost Scenes

 

One

The faint smell of bleach hangs in the air and burns Seunghyun's nostrils. He rubs at his temples, trying with all his might to fend off the oncoming headache. Above all the murmuring and hushed voices of the other patient's in the room, his ears pick up the humming of the air conditioner and random beeping from machines can be heard. This headache is determined to settle in deep at the front of his head no matter how hard he tries to keep it from pressing down at his temples. Why are hospitals always so sterile and cold. Jiyong had forgotten to wear a jacket with him and as soon as they stepped into the chilly waiting room, goosebumps appeared on his skinny little arms. So, like the true Prince Charming that he is, Seunghyun immediately took off his hoody and placed it around Jiyong's shoulders. He doesn't even mind that the cool air in the room has settled deep into his body and chilled him to the bone. Jiyong is warm and comfortable and happily smelling the collar which has his scent on it, so Seunghyun is happy.

They're halfway through the pregnancy at this point and it's only a routine check-up to see how the baby is progressing but Seunghyun still can't seem to shake off that small sense of dread burying in the pit of his stomach. Hospitals and doctor's offices always rub him up the wrong way—even dentists make him bristle with fear. It's the white coats and clipboards. Who has so many vital things they need to remember that it requires them to carry a damned clipboard with them. But as uneasy as he feels, especially with that bleach hospital smell stuck right up his nostrils, Seunghyun remains as calm as can be on the outside. He doesn't want to transfer any of his nerves over to Jiyong. Especially with that little cutie growing inside him.

The waiting room is filled with a multitude of single armchairs, all in varying shades of greys and blues. Despite looking hard as rock they are surprisingly soft but Seunghyun still thinks they're ugly and uncomfortable and the fake leather feels way too cold even through his jeans. But he really only hated the chairs purely for the fact that the arms are far too high for him reach over and wrap his arms around Jiyong's shoulders. In the perfectly square room, jam-packed with seats for waiting patients, there are only a few couches large enough to accommodate two people to sit side by side—and they're already taken up and claimed by other couples.

Jiyong frowns at the other couples, focusing his burning glare on one couple in particular who are sitting opposite them a little to their left. The young mother to be is looking at the two men with a distant look of disgust and disapproval, eyeing off Jiyong's growing baby bump stretching out Seunghyun's favourite hoody. The woman turns away from them, murmuring something in her supposed husband's ear. Jiyong makes a hmph noise beside him before reaching over to hold Seunghyun's hand, absently running his thumb over the warm metal of his wedding band.

Seunghyun looks around the waiting room and notices with dismay that every other couple in the room are the traditional man and woman. They are the only all male pregnancy in the room and everyone has noticed that fact. Male pregnancies—while slowly gaining in popularity and becoming accepted in society—are still considered unconventional.

But neither Jiyong nor Seunghyun has been one for sticking to tradition.

Seunghyun's patience is slowly wearing thin as more curious stares are shamelessly thrown their way. It doesn't help that an obscenely fluorescent pink sticker that brands Seunghyun as VISITOR is stuck to his chest and he thinks it's only slightly ridiculous and bordering unnecessary, considering he IS the father after all, just not the one carrying the baby.

A long sigh leaves Jiyong's lungs as he slumps further into his chair. Seunghyun turns to look at him, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm so tired, Hyunnie."

"Come here you," Seunghyun responds, rising out his chair to help Jiyong to his feet. Jiyong can read his husband like a book and knows exactly what Seunghyun is doing, so he allows the older man to pull him up to his feet. They share a brief embrace and Jiyong earns a kiss to his cheek for silently complying, before Seunghyun sits back down in his seat and brings Jiyong with him, carefully lowering his pregnant husband until he is nestled in his lap. Both men ignore all the stares they're probably receiving and lose themselves in each other's warmth, waiting as patiently as they can for their names to be called.

 

~


Two

There are a lot of differences between Jiyong's first pregnancy with the twins and this pregnancy. The main point of difference being that the twins were carefully planned out—well... the pregnancy itself was. The twins were a definite surprise. This second pregnancy however, turned out to be an even bigger and happier surprise than the twins were. Seunghyun and Jiyong never thought it would be possible without Jiyong taking his strictly measured and monitored hormone injections. It was no simple task of falling pregnant the first time around even with all the shots but somehow... someway... he miraculously fell pregnant a second time without them. Okay, so the doctor's said it was no miracle. That apparently even years later some of the hormone therapies remain in the bloodstream or the birthing father's body sometimes begins producing its own hormones and chemicals or some other reasons that Seunghyun can't remember. All he does know is they have another little miracle on the way... and his insanely lovable yet increasingly frustrating pregnant husband is back.

One of the many crazies which has become Seunghyun's normal during Jiyong's second pregnancy is that he refuses to use any elevators. And he makes Seunghyun walk flight after flight of stairs until Jiyong's feet start to swell and his back aches and Seunghyun has no choice but to carry him.

"I still... don't understand...why you refuse to take the elevator." Seunghyun gets out through loud pants and tries to dodge Jiyong's incoming smack to the head. "What crazy excuse has that pretty little head of yours come up with this time?" He glares at his husband who is glaring back at him.

"I just want to extra precautions this time around, is that such a bad thing, Hyun?" Jiyong tugs on his ear and makes him yelp and almost drop him. "You almost dropped me and my precious cargo!" Jiyong wails and kicks his legs hard enough that Seunghyun has no choice but to set him back down on his feet when they reach the landing.

"When I have to carry your pregnant up six flights of stairs, yes! Yes it is a bad thing!" Seunghyun pulls on his hair in frustration and the sight of seeing Seunghyun so worked up makes Jiyong's bottom lip wibble. "Oh I'm so sorry, baby... I didn't mean to yell at you." He soothes his whimpering husband before the waterworks can start.

Jiyong merely shuffles over to him and buries his face in Seunghyun's chest, mumbling quietly, "You really wanna know why, Tabi?" He blinks up at him through teary eyes and Seunghyun swears he can feel his heart melt.

"Yes. Yes I do. Please tell me, darling..."

"Last time round, I rode up and down in elevators all the time and look what happened?! We ended up with twins!"

"Are you trying to tell me that you believe the reason why we conceived twins is because you went inside elevators while you were pregnant?!"

Jiyong doesn't say anything at first, he simply shrugs and folds his arms suddenly looking a little embarrassed. "Well... it could have been one of the contributing factors, we don't know..." his voice trails off quietly as he shrugs again.

"Please, Jiyong... Care to explain to me how exactly the elevator made you pop out two babies instead of one?"

"I duno... Maybe it mixed up your and shook it around a little more or something..."

"You're insane."

"Hyun—"

"No, you are insane."

Jiyong bows his head and looks down at his feet sadly.

"But..." Seunghyun steps closer to him and lifts his chin with his finger, only to be met with a tiny pout and raised eyebrow...

"...But?"

"I love you anyway."

 


Well... there it is.
And here's a photo of Ji looking a little bit... rounder than usual hehe.