Sleep in

Home Is Wherever I'm With You

A/N: I've had this small piece collecting dust for way too long. Longer than I'd care to admit. The reason I hadn't posted it until now was because I believed I could turn this into the 3-5k chapter I'm used to writing for these two adorable hubbies. I was determined to continue this until it developed into a whole, complete scene. But that never happened. And I think I finally realised that this scene was going nowhere. The scene is as stubborn as I am. (Truthfully, my writing is more stubborn than I am. I caved. The stupid scene won.) Ugh and now I'm rambling about my own very short scene and I am making no sense. I don't even know anymore. (Can you tell how out of whack I am because I NEVER update anymore >.<)

When I very first started this project, it was meant to be short snippets of their domestic bliss. Unrelated scenes, not necessarily in chronological order (with time jumps to the future and back to their past), funny, fluffy ficlets. I think I hit a massive roadblock when I began to craft this into something much more than that. Sooo this is my attempts at bringing it back to Choi-Kwon hubbies slice of life. Do you love this idea or hate this idea? Would you prefer these fun, silly little pieces... or longer chapters with some semblance of a storyline?

Why do I always feel the need to waffle on in these AN's.


TOP:
umm.. hi guys *waves*


TOP:
I know it's been awhile~ miahne.
Please accept my humble apologies and accept this ficlet as a gift.


TOP
: plz don't hate me and leave me lots of love~ chu chu ❤

(bcoz apparantly I am TOP now. TEE TOP.)


Sleep in

Most people wake up each morning to the sound of a shrill alarm clock buzzing in their ear. The very lucky few may get a chance to allow their bodies every moment of rest it requires before they awaken naturally with the rising of the sun. Jiyong can vaguely remember what life was like when he was younger, those lazy sleepy mornings he would wake up all curled up around Seunghyun's body. Their two bodies cramped in Seunghyun's small single mattress, legs tangled up together in an effort to stop themselves from rolling off the edges. Jiyong's cheeks would flush the moment he woke and his eyes fluttered open to the sight of Seunghyun's hand resting on top of his, holding Jiyong's hand close to his heart.

Every inch of his body would feel so warm and soft from Seunghyun's body heat and he would soon heat up from the sight of Seunghyun's sleeping face. There was nothing but calm gentleness in those slightly parted lips and those long lashes fanning across his cheekbones. Those kinds of mornings have become so rare that Jiyong drifts off to sleep each night reminiscing about those days. Just once, just one more morning, Jiyong would love to wake up without the sound of the baby monitor beside his bed or without his brain switching on in a sudden panic as to why he hasn't been woken by the twins yet.

Which is precisely why, on this mundane Monday morning, Seunghyun makes sure he wakes up first (by drinking a ridiculous amount of water in the middle of the night) and switches the baby monitor off before six am. Jiyong needs a good sleep in, in fact, he deserves it. Seunghyun is no fool, especially when it comes to his husband. Even without Jiyong needing to bring it up in conversation, Seunghyun knew that recently his younger husband has been reflecting on their loved up youth. It's in the way Jiyong would snuffle out a sad little whine and roll over in their bed until his face was nuzzling into his chest. This is exactly the same thing which Jiyong would do when he would stay over at Seunghyun's apartment.

The cold tip of Jiyong's nose would seek out the warmth of Seunghyun's bare skin and he'd nuzzle into the crook of his neck, taking in deep even breaths until his scent invaded his senses. A slender leg would ease itself over Seunghyun's hip possessively and the slight frame resting over his chest would tense up like a sleepy kitten before every muscle would loosen. The only difference being Jiyong would unknowingly snuggle Seunghyun deep in his sleep – at least now Seunghyun can rest assured that his husband will unashamedly latch on to him.

Losing himself in those memories, Seunghyun patiently waits in the nursery for the twins to stir awake and schemes up the perfect plan for waking his darling husband. By some small miracle, the two troublemakers decide to sleep in a little longer and cooperate with their Appa's plan. Which is great, really... it is. But soon enough (by 7:45am) Seunghyun is bored out of his brain. And just a little bit lonely, if he's completely honest with himself. He's just willingly given up almost two hours of sleeping beside his beloved and he'll be damned if he sacrifices another moment without Jiyong by his side. Not to mention, he wants the twins in his arms after keeping a watchful eye on them while they slept.

The moment Seunghyun pushes himself off the comfortable rocking chair—choosing not to acknowledge the groan of protest from his muscles—Jaesun begins his trademark sleepy whimpering. That adorable little snuffling sound he makes, kicking his chubby legs out like a little fusspot. Worried that Jaesun's whines will wake up his sister, Seunghyun swiftly approaches their twin cribs but let's out a surprised ‘oh.’ upon seeing Soomin's round eyes blinking up at him.

"When did you wake up, little miss?" he asks in complete amazement at his little girl waking up so peacefully and waiting for her younger brother to wake up on his own. "You're my little star, you know that, sweetheart?" he coos to her quietly, picking her up when she balls those tiny fists in the air. A soft chuckle bubbles from his chest as Soomin whimpers and fidgets against his chest, if he didn't know any better he would hazard a guess that she's trying to scold her Appa for leaving Jaesun behind. "Don't fret, I'll come back for him in a moment," he soothes her with a kiss to her hair as he walks back into the bedroom to his sleeping dragon.

Perhaps it was a bad idea to bring Soomin first. She's almost certain to wake Jiyong up the moment Seunghyun turns back out the room. That suspicion is proved right when Seunghyun shuffles his feet across the carpet with a very grumpy little boy cradled against his chest. A wide grin spreads across Seunghyun's face at the sight of his stirring dragon trying to fend off the determined fists of their daughter. Soomin on the other hand, is giggling at Jiyong's pouting lips and smacks her hands on his cheeks with an excited squeal when Jiyong peaks one eye open at her.

"Not nice, Peaches." Jiyong mumbles tiredly but shoots his death glare at Seunghyun as the older man kneels on the mattress beside him. "You told her to hit me, didn't you?" Jiyong narrows his eyes at Seunghyun and the very calm Jaesun in his arms before blowing a raspberry directly in Soomin's face to startle her into silence.

"I did no such thing," Seunghyun huffs out as he rolls on to his back, carefully cradling Jaesun's head. He holds his left wrist up to Jiyong, flashing the golden wrist watch in his eyes to show him the time. "The three of us made an executive decision that we should get one sleep in each week."

The softness in Jiyong's eyes already makes Seunghyun's heart swirl with too much emotion that he immediately looks away. Jaesun is still fussing away quietly with a whine here and there so Seunghyun shimmies him further up his chest until his cute baby but is sticking up in the air.

"Thank you, Hyun." Jiyong half-whispers, the smile seeping into his voice.

Seunghyun doesn't need to turn his head to know that Jiyong is staring at him with that stupidly cute, loved-up expression. The one which lights his face up in the sweetest smile. Allowing silence to settle over them, Seunghyun smiles fondly at Jaesun who's now blinking tiredly at his other Appa.

Jiyong wrestles Soomin in his arms as he just watches Seunghyun gently patting Jaesun's bum with his left hand, the gold band of his wedding ring shining in the early morning sun. It's not until he looks at Jaesun's face that he notices his little boy staring at him with a little frowny face.

"Now what is that look for," Jiyong grumbles with a pout, ignoring the automatic flushing of his cheeks when he notices Seunghyun looking at him. How can his husband still make him blush just from a look? Is it even possible? No longer being able to settle Soomin down, Jiyong gives up with a sigh and allows her to crawl over his face to get closer to Seunghyun and Jaesun. "Oh is that how it's going to be then?" his eyebrows shoot up and all he can do is scoff at his twins.

Soomin crawls until she's up on the pillow beside Seunghyun's head. Thanks to Jiyong request, he's been growing his hair a little longer and lately their daughter has become fascinated with tugging on the ends. With her hands curled in to the dark locks, she finally calms down and starts to drift off again.

"Well that makes one," Seunghyun mumbles, fighting back a yawn as he feels the long morning catch up with him. The look Jiyong gives him is one mixed with faint jealousy and disappointment that both twins seem to be seeking him out when they usually cry out for Jiyong. After all, he is the one who carried them for nine months and nursed them. "Hey," Seunghyun calls out softly, his eyes softening apologetically, "I know what you're thinking and no. Just no. C'mere."

Without hesitation, Jiyong inches his way across the bed, eliminating the space between him and his small family. With both hands occupied with Jaesun, Seunghyun can only angle his body slightly to kick his leg over Jiyong's hips and tug him closer. He didn't spend all morning planning this perfect wake-up call for it all to be ruined in one quick moment of doubt. The moment Jiyong's head rests over Seunghyun's shoulder, Soomin babbles away in her happy voice and flops herself on top of Jiyong's nest of morning hair. The giggle which Seunghyun feels being suppressed into his shoulder lifts the worry away instantly and he cranes his neck up to see Soomin making herself comfy, resting on Jiyong's head and he can't help but think they look like a lion cub and mother sleeping curled up together.

Jiyong's gaze meets Seunghyun's and for a moment, the couple reacquaint themselves with that joyful glint in each other's eyes. As always, Jiyong begins to feel shy under Seunghyun's intense look and when his cheeks begin to heat up he buries his face in Seunghyun's chest. A light laughter bubbles through Seunghyun's chest and without asking, Jiyong knows what his husband is thinking. That after being together for so many years, being married to one another, having children together, it doesn't change Jiyong from that same shy boy who met the man of his dreams. How many nights did they spend wrapped in each other's arms, Jiyong avoiding Seunghyun's gaze because of his flushing cheeks? Too many to count.

He can feel his limbs stiffening in embarrassment, so distract himself Jiyong shifts his hand over Seunghyun's chest until he reaches Jaesun's tiny baby mouth. He slips his pinky finger into Jaesun's parted lips and instantly the baby boy les on the tip of his finger. He can feel the steady rise and fall of Soomin's chest as she slumbers beside his head on the pillow and with the knowledge that both his babes are sound asleep, Jiyong allows his own eyes to slip closed. A tender kiss is pressed to his temple and Jiyong thinks to himself 'This is what true happiness is.'

 

A/N: It was a spur of the moment decision to post this and I hope I won't regret it in the morning. I'm trying to gain back some of my confidence and believe in myself again. I don't think I've recaptured my muse again... but I am trying. I hope you all liked this, even though it is short and I cannot thank you enough for STILL sticking by me after all this time. Especially with this fic <3 Because it started my whole journey here on aff.

I'm also going to go back over the previous chapters and edit them, fix mistakes, change the format a bit. The last chapter was written and posted from my ipad while I was in Switzerland (I believe that's where I was at the time..) so don't get excited if you see this updated again over the next day or two XD


TOP: *grumpy tired insecure asdfkjgdlkj mumble grumble*
*huffs*


TOP: *disappears back into my cave*


TOP: loljks its a cupboard not a cave///i've been hiding here all along.


GD: *steps in* da fuq is this. you've lost the plot and I don't know what to do with you anymore.


GD: *joins in on the sleep depraved craziness*


*EVERYBODY ALL TOGETHER NOW*