When The Parents Have A Fight

Appa Jung, Umma Jung, Aegi Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On Sunday morning, Jung’s Residence was pretty quiet. There was no one ran around the house, no one yelled towards the others, no one had a glaring competition, and no one spaced out alone. It was just... plain.

Yunho was sitting neatly on the dining chair, ate his breakfast peacefully. Meanwhile, Jaejoong was cleaning the kitchen right after he has prepared the breakfast for Yunho before.

There was no Yoochun, nor Junsu, or even Changmin at the moment.

Very rare, right?

Actually, it was just a normal moment in Sunday. Only on Sunday, Yoochun and Junsu were allowed to go out anywhere by themselves. They didn't have to come to Jung's residence at the day. Besides, Changmin was also able to sleep as much as he wanted to.

 

“Yunnie, where are we going today?” asked Jaejoong, circling his arm on Yunho’s neck.

“Where do you want to go?” Yunho asked back, turning his head towards Jaejoong and kissing his lips slightly, “We can go to anywhere you wanted to.”

“Cheesy,” replied Jaejoong, faking his pout right away.

Before both of them could continue their talk, sudden there was a sound of doorbell. Yunho felt more than annoyed, knowing that his rare moment alone with Jaejoong still had to be disturbed. Looking at Yunho’s disappointment clearly on his face, Jaejoong couldn’t help but chuckled.

“Just wait, I’ll be back,” said Jaejoong, before kissing Yunho on the cheek and leaving him behind.

Within some seconds, Jaejoong already recognized the man who was standing right in front of him. Well, who doesn’t? The man was wearing his uniform, after all. An ordinary postman.

“Is there anything for us?” asked Jaejoong directly, as he wanted to go back to Yunho already.

“You have a package from Park Yoochun-Sshi,” said the postman, taking out a thick envelope from his bag. He quickly gave the envelope to Jaejoong and asked him to sign the receipt, trying to ignore the confused look on Jaejoong’s face.

After the postman has gone, Jaejoong was impatiently opening the envelope on his hands. He really couldn’t guess what the package was. But as the time passed while he was reading it, Jaejoong’s eyes started getting bigger and his lips curved an excited smile right away.

“Yun! Yunnie! You won’t believe this! This is the VERY big news from Yoochun and Junsu! Gosh!” shouted Jaejoong, running towards the dining room to tell Yunho what he has just read before.

Yunho was almost crashing into Jaejoong, too surprised to maintain his composure as he heard the tone of Jaejoong’s voice. “Jae, what-?”

“The two have an engagement party!” Jaejoong said excitedly again, humming the popular notes of one of the wedding songs, “This is so sudden, right? I’ll make sure to scold them tomorrow! They should tell us beforehand already!”

As much as Jaejoong were excited upon the news, he never failed to notice the change in Yunho’s expression. Jaejoong was sure that Yunho looked hesitant somehow, not showing any excitement as he did just now. “Yunnie?” called Jaejoong softly.

“Nothing, BooJae. Just... I’m not sure if we really have to come,” replied Yunho nervously, knowing that Jaejoong wouldn’t like the answer at all.

“But why?” Jaejoong asked with his widened-yet-dangerous eyes, “Yoochun and Junsu are our best friends and family, Yunnie. Of course we have to come.”

“What I meant is... I don’t know if Changmin will be ready to meet-” Yunho released another sigh. “His real umma, BooJae.”

Jaejoong made a big ‘O’ with his mouth, as he finally realized what was making Yunho so worried.

“She will be there too,” Yunho continued, ruffling his hair in frustration, “It’s Yoochun’s party, right? She will never miss any family events, even though Yoochun and her weren’t close at all. Of course we can’t leave Changmin alone in the house too. So... Don’t you think it’s too fast?”

“I understand your reason, Yunnie,” Jaejoong answered after he has thought for a moment, “But I think we still have to come. All THREE of us.”

“Jae, you don’t-”

“Changmin will meet her someday, nevertheless. Now, sooner, or maybe later,” Jaejoong quickly continued his words, “Besides, we can’t also sacrifice our relationship with the others.”

“But... Changmin was broken. You knew that my noona never loves him; not even for a bit, right? She said that Changmin was a mistake and shouldn’t be here at the first place,” Yunho tried to explain slowly, “Maybe you don’t quite understand it, but-”

“Don’t say something like that. EVER.” Jaejoong suddenly cut Yunho’s words, “Don’t you dare to act like I never understood about these, Jung Yunho. I knew clearly about what has happened between all of you. I knew what the effects were for Changmin at the time. So, just- Don’t.”

***

Changmin opened his eyes lazily; trying to figure out what time it was at the time. He was feeling upset and sleepy at the moment. Weird combination? Well, that was just because Changmin still wanted to sleep longer than now. However, he couldn’t sleep anymore since there was a loud noise.

“Appa?” Changmin called while rubbing his eyes, “Umma?”

Changmin was frowning right away, as he could feel that there was something wrong. Still between his laziness, Changmin was finally getting down and walking towards the dining room. Even though Changmin realized that the voices were Yunho and Jaejoong’s, he was secretly hoping it was wrong.

But unfortunately, Changmin was right in the end.

Changmin saw that his umma and appa were both standing firmly. They were practically facing towards each other; each with an anger in the eyes. At the time, Changmin could watch how Jaejoong was pointing his finger at Yunho. Jaejoong was yelling towards the latter, sometimes even pushed Yunho slightly.

“Stop saying things like that! I hate it, Yunho!” Jaejoong shouted aloud, didn’t notice that Changmin was there as well, “I understand every single things clearly! How many times should I repeat myself? He will be fine, since he has us already. Besides, he has to meet everyone!”

“Umma?” called Changmin slowly, blinking his eyes in process.

“That was exactly why I said that you don’t understand!” yelled Yunho back right away. Just like Jaejoong, Yunho didn’t have a chance to notice Changmin’s existence around them. “Changmin’s condition was worse than you think! He’s not strong enough and he’s too young!”

“Appa?” called Changmin again, turning his attention towards Yunho this time.

“Oh REALLY?” Jaejoong replied sarcastically, still ignoring Changmin at his place, “Because I think it’s not about Changmin, but YOU! Maybe Changmin is stronger than what you thought. Maybe he is able to face it already. Why can’t we try about this?”

Changmin didn’t understand what they were talking about. But nevertheless, Changmin still could get that his name was slipping out from his parent’s mouths several times. To be honest, Changmin was actually afraid. What if they were actually tired of Changmin already? Maybe they were trying to get rid Changmin off, but they still couldn’t get the right method.

“Umma, Appa... I’m sorry,” Changmin said softly in fear, trying to get any attention from the others, “Please. Please stop fighting already. Minnie’s really sorry, Appa. Minnie’s sorry, Umma. Please stop. Minnie won’t be naughty anymore. Minnie promises.”

“Just because I don’t want to see him broken again!” shouted Yunho.

Changmin couldn’t handle it anymore. He suddenly started crying desperately, as he could feel a huge pain in his chest already. “Appa... Appa, please stop yelling already,” Changmin begged once more, tugging Yunho’s shirt as hard as he could, “Remember that I’m going to hate you if you ever hurt umma, Appa. Please don’t fight. Minnie’s sorry. Minnie’s wrong...”

That was the very first time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter