Dinner Time at The Jung's

Appa Jung, Umma Jung, Aegi Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Yunho; the head of Jung’s little family, has arrived at his house after a long and tiring day at the office. At the time like this, sometimes Yunho hoped his wife (soon-to-be one) and son (adopted; but who cares) would greet him with a warm hug instead of some loud shouts just like now. Yunho knew that he should have been used with the current condition, but apparently he would still sighed over the happening up to now.

“BooJae?” Yunho called- tried to, at least. “Changminnie?”

No one answered the call; which wasn’t a surprise.

“What’s wrong?” asked another person who came with Yunho; his cousin and personal assistant, the only Park Yoochun alive.

Yunho took a glance towards Yoochun for a second before shrugging it off. “Don’t know,” said him.

Both of them then continued their steps, until they finally could see everyone around. Changmin was on the floor; crying aloud as he extended his right hand towards nothing. At the other side, Jaejoong shouted repeatedly at Junsu, who was rummaging the medicine cabinet, while looking at Changmin and the pot on the stove alternately. It seemed that Jaejoong was in dilemma; either letting his cook burnt completely or Changmin cried for a moment.

Looking at the sight, Yunho immediately ran towards his son and took him into his embrace. Yunho’s appearance was making Jaejoong became relaxed and focus on his cook one more time; also making Changmin lessened his cries a bit.

“Changminnie, tell Appa; why are you crying?” asked Yunho while Changmin’s hair gently.

“This, Appa,” Changmin answered between his sobs, showing his right hand towards Yunho. “It hurts. Minnie doesn’t like it.”

Yunho took Changmin’s right hand to see what his son meant, realizing almost right away that there was a burnt skin. Thus, he was immediately blowing Changmin’s fingers out to make him felt better.

“Sorry, Yunnie,” Jaejoong said, knowing that he owed Yunho an explanation though the latter hasn’t said anything yet. “Minnie touched the pot when I wasn’t around; my mistake.”

“Ointment?” asked Yunho instead.

Upon the question, Jaejoong remembered back that he was asking that from Junsu before. In instant, he turned his attention towards Junsu; who seemed to forget what he was asked before. Instead, he was laughing together with Yoochun, who has been standing beside him since who-knows-when.

“Junsu, ointment!” shouted Jaejoong impatiently.

Both Junsu and Yoochun jumped on the places, quickly rummaging the medicine cabinet once more. “A second, Hyung!” replied Junsu.

Apparently, a second for Junsu was a minute for normal people- should blame it towards Yoochun as well. Junsu was slow in searching, and Yoochun’s disturbance was making it even slower. Thankfully, Changmin has calmed down already on Yunho’s hand by now and Jaejoong had things to do. Or else, Jaejoong might have strangled both of them; though it didn’t mean Jaejoong would remain still now.

“Yoochun, leave Junsu alone!” Jaejoong shouted while tasting his cook. “And Junsu, if you can’t find it in thirty seconds, no dinner!”

“Jaejoong, I’m just trying to help-”

“Enough with your help,” Jaejoong said calmly; though sounded as dangerous. “Changmin knew the things he shouldn’t know at his age, thanks to you. You were also called by Changmin’s teacher. And now because of whatever you’ve said, the teacher was asking me and Yunho to come!”

“What is this about?” Yunho asked in disbelief, immediately staring at Yoochun like he wanted to eat the other. “What have you done? I really think that you have an issue with your mouth.”

“That’s not nice, Hyung,” replied Yoochun with a frown.

Yunho was about to reply Yoochun’s words, when someone tugged his shirt. Thus, Yunho decided to leave it for now and turned his attention to his little Min. “What is it, Changminnie?” asked him.

“Appa will come to school?” asked Changmin while tilting his head innocently.

“Yes,” Yunho answered with a smile. “But Appa doesn’t know when yet.”

“Minnie can introduce Appa with Kyu!” said Changmin excitedly. He even forgot for a second that his fingers were hurt, as he accidentally clapped hard with both hands. Soon, Changmin started cringing and sobbing again. “Ah- ah- ah- hurts…”

“Junsu!” Jaejoong shouted again. “Is it there? If there’s no ointment, go and buy it at the drugstore!”

“Coming, Hyung! I've found it!” shouted Junsu back, immediately running towards both of Yunho and Changmin.

Yunho sighed, feeling relieved to know that Changmin’s wound would finally get a treatment. But unexpectedly, it wasn’t as easy as he thought. Soon after Junsu started spreading the ointment on Changmin’s burnt skin, the kid was quickly showing a refusal. He trashed around and screamed loud, trying to make Junsu stayed away from him.

“Shiro! Shiro, Appa! Minnie doesn’t want that! Shiro!!!” said Changmin repeatedly.

Between his panics, Yunho tried his best to hold Changmin back; knew that sooner or later Junsu would get a hit this way. “Changminnie, stop! Don’t- No. No, you’ll hurt Junsu-Ahjusshi-”

“Minnie, stop kicking- ugh.”

“Su! Junsu, are you okay?”

“Oh, God saves this family,” murmured Jaejoong, trying to not get distracted by those noises.

Just like Yunho has guessed, Changmin’s random kick was accidentally hitting Junsu right on his chin. Getting a sudden hit made Junsu lost his balance and fell backwards, which unfortunately resulted with another hit from the table on his head. Looking at that, Yoochun immediately ran towards the latter and helped him to sit up in panic.

“Minnie, don’t do that,” Yunho said while holding Changmin’s legs. “Look at Junsu-Ahjusshi. He was hurt because of you.”

Changmin followed Yunho’s order and looked at Junsu, gasping right away as he didn’t know what he has done towards his favorite ahjumma. He stared back at Yunho, showing that he was sorry- yet he couldn’t help it. “But Appa, Minnie doesn’t like the toothpaste alike. It’s hurt. Hurt, hurt, hurt,” he said, pointing at the ointment on the floor.

“It is, but it’ll heal your wounds faster,” Yunho said with a soft smile. “I’m sure you don’t want your fingers become round, red, and chewy like a balloon.”

Changmin widened his eyes and shook his head right away. He seemed to be hesitant at first, before looking at Junsu; who was still rubbing his head and chin- and sustained by Yoochun on the back. “Su-Ahjumma,” he said with guilty. “Minnie is sorry. Please... Ummm- Please...”

“Can you please treat my wounds?” whispered Yunho to help Changmin.

“Can you please treat my wounds?” repeated Changmin.

Junsu finally stopped rubbing his head and chin, taking the ointment and Changmin’s head. “I’m okay,” he said with a reassuring smile. “Just... try to not kick me- or warn me first, Minnie.”

Fortunately, Changmin seemed to really sorry with his doing before; as he was trying to behave as much. He didn’t kick Junsu; just sometimes cringed and gripped Yunho’s arm harder. After Junsu has done with the wounds, he was smiling proudly as he could see a smile has come back to Changmin.

Before a sound of doorbell was making everyone confused; they didn’t wait for anyone, after all.

Changmin, who was giggling as he watched Junsu’s silly doing, immediately ran back towards Yunho and held his hand tightly. Not only that, Changmin even stopped Yunho from opening the door and letting Yoochun to do that instead. It seemed that Changmin was afraid; not his fault though, since it was a very rare occasion for them to get a guest at night. But who came inside the house was making Changmin gaped widely; didn’t know whether he should be happy or not.

“Minho!” he shouted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter