~Chapter 8~

DREAMER.

 Warmth. Touching every part of Baekhyun’s body as he walked through the tall bamboo forest. He noted that the warmth here didn't quite match the one the beach gave off, but more of a feeling of serenity and peace. He felt at ease walking through the tall wooden poles of bamboo knowing he finally reached his long awaited destination.

 

  When he looked up from the poles in front of him he found the sky, blue with white fluffy clouds and a bright yellow sun off in the distance. He closed his eyes, letting touch guide him slowly, letting every live pole give him direction with a delicate squeeze.

 

  Very faintly he could hear the soft crashes of running water, perhaps a creek and the love songs of small birds. His pace quickened as he was drawn to the calming sounds. Leaves crunched and crinkled with every step in the tall bamboo forest. He came across the source of the smooth sounds of running water, a creek with a small waterfall.

 

  He walked closer until his feet were right on the edge of the water. He took in a deep lively breath, feeling the souls enter his body then freeing them with a long exhale. He crouched down beside the clear mirror like water slowly sticking his hands in, swirling them around in small gentle circles. It almost felt like electricity dancing through his body in this state, it was exciting and it felt good.

 

  After a while of playing with the water, he stood up feeling the need to explore what lied beyond the bamboo forest. He turned around leaving the electric creek behind, entering the soul filled bamboo forest again.

 

  Little did he know, he had a small shadow keeping a close eye on every step he took, but going unnoticed… for now.

 

  He instantly moved along the forest in every direction still the bamboo guiding his way until he came across a narrow path. With out thinking, he let his grip around the tall bamboo loosen and walked staright, fallowing the deserted path.To Baekhyun walking to him now did feel as much as a burden as it did previously in the darkness, matter of fact, the shallow clanking and leaves crunching were quite relaxing to him, which was good for his massive headache that hasn’t seem to go away.

 

  He picked up the sound of birds chirping every so often as he walked through the now shallow forest, he liked it. He never felt so calm, like he could be the only human soul on the island, he felt serenity.

 

  “Baekhyun.” A faint low whisper called his name, pulling him out of his trans.

 

  When he lifted his head to search for the caller he was greeted with a tall lengthy shadow figure that quickly dashed through the wooden poles before him, not letting the other take a closer look.

 

  “Hello?” Baekhyun called out, walking in the same direction as the shadow.

 

  “Baekhyun~” The voice sang in a deep voice. The said looked behind him where the voice came and found the figure behind one of the large poles, but then quickly vanishing again.

 

  This time Baekhyun made an effort to run in every direction the voice called him in.

 

  “Chanyeol, is that you you?” He asked, gripping onto the bamboo out of breath. The boy stayed silent, waiting for a response from who he assumed was Chanyeol (from how tall the figure was). “Why… why are you still hiding from me?” He asked, still out of breath. This wasn't helping his headache the slightest and he felt a little hurt that his friend kept running away from him. “Please come out.”

 

  Baekhyun stood in what seemed to be a soulless forest, but in fact had others besides his. A few seconds later he saw the shadow ‘Chanyeol’ from behind a pole, walking towards him.

 

  “Chanyeol?” He said, also making his way to the distant figure. “Chanyeol!” He tried calling again.

 

  Within seconds he saw the figure again in between the bamboo. The figure reached out his hand and retrieved it numerous times signalling Baekhyun to come closer. When Baekhyun would finally reach the figure it would get farther away repeating the same motions.

 

  “You want me to follow you.” Baekhyun concluded.

 

  Without words the figure nodded slowly, turned and started walking on a path that appeared before them. Baekhyun shortly followed, keeping a respectable distance ways from the figure he was still convinced was Chanyeol. To avoid the figure from disappearing again he didn't speak a word and just let him be guided through the forest.

 

  To Baekhyun, the two had been silently walking for who knows how long  and he was getting impatient, but he was still debating whether he should speak yet or not.

 

  “Where are you taking me?” He thought about it and thought a few wouldn't hurt. Baekhyun thought he was wrong the moment the figure stopped in its tracks and pointed up at the sky. When Baekhyun followed the figures stretched arm, he saw a thin long cloud of smoke that looked like it was coming from a chimney. Baekhyun was glorified with the sight and hope of finding other humans in the forest, but when he looked back down at ‘Chanyeol’ he was gone. “Wait!” He let out in frustration. “Where am I supposed to go?!” He questioned.

 

  Hoping the smoke would lead to a way out, he started running in its direction.

 

 




 

Kris was now back in his quiet shared room, doing nothing but picking at his bandaged fingers. He couldn't get Baekhyun’s mom’s voice out of his head and the look in her eyes when she saw her son laying in the bed connected to five different machines. It was too much to handle all at that moment. The truth is, Kris actually forgot about Baekhyun’s family and how they were in China. Kris only thought about himself and how much he needed Baekhyun. The thought only made him mad at himself and feel worse and he cried after he returned to his room. Now he can't just think about himself and Baekhyun, but now he has Jongdae and his his mom to worry about.

 

  “Mr. Wu Yifan?” The girl interrupted Kris’ thoughts to inform that he had a visitor.

 

  Before the girl let the visitor in, he said he didn't want to speak with anyone, but when he saw that it was Jongdae, he fell silent and let him enter his side of the room.

 

  “Hi Kris.” Jongdae greeted casually taking the empty seat by the window.

 

  Kris slightly bowed in response.

 

  “...Well, I see you’re holding up pretty well, which is good.” Jongdae said not really knowing what to do or say next. “You know… It’s not your fault, it was an accident, nothing could have prevented it.”

 

  “I could have prevented it.” Kris said immediately after Jongdae’s statement. “I’ve heard the words ‘it’s not your fault’ so many times that it makes me sick. I’m the only one who could have prevented all of this if I just listened.” He swallowed a lump in his throat. “Even my parents.”

 

  Jongdae sighed. “I don't want to say ‘ I know how you feel’ because I don't Kris.” Jongdae got serious. “But I do know what it feels like to see your little brother lying in a hospital bed possibly dead.” He raised his voice. Kris never saw this side of of Jongdae, this wasn't the tricky happy troll they used to call Chen Chen he was used to. “You need to man up, quit the tears and know that if Baekhyun doesn't make it, he wouldn't want you live with the guilt and drown yourself in your own god damn sorrow.” He said. leaning forward in the chair clasping his own two hands. “He’s my brother too Kris and I know he wouldn't want to see you or anyone like this.”  

 

  When Jongdae finished, Kris was an emotional wreck on the inside. He didn't want to appear weak on the outside to Jongdae more than he already has, but he didn't want to lie to him and say he won't worry anymore.

 

  “Whatever you decide to do or think is up to you now, but my mom forgives you.” Jongdae rose from the chair and made his way to the door. Before leaving he turned to face Kris. “Don't worry about yours or Baekhyun’s hospital bills, my mom and I have it covered.”

 

  Before Kris had the chance to even process what the younger said, he already left the room.

 

  After that, Kris was left alone again, just thinking of what his next move was going to be after it was time to check out of the hospital and when exactly that was going to be.

 

 




 

Baekhyun nearly tumbled out of the forest after he tripped on a vine and rolled down hill. When he got up he thought his brain would come oozing out of his eyes and ears by the pain, but he pushed that all aside when he found the source of the smoke. A chimney connected to a small cabin that was made out of bamboo.

 

  It was cute to Baekhyun and looked big enough for only one person to live in. Since he found out he was facing the rear of the cabin he quietly tried to walk around it, avoiding all the leaves and twigs on the ground.

 

  When he got to the side of the cabin he noticed a small pond filled with what seemed to be clear fresh water. Without trying to avoid stepping on the fallen debris, he hastily walked up to the pond in front of the cabin and stuck his hand in it. First he took a drink, then he cleaned his hands and then his face. He was debating whether or not to stick his feet in the pond as well because it would be rude of him since he didn't even ask the owner of the property if he could use some of the clean water.

 

  After thinking about it, Baekhyun realized he never checked if the cabin was vacant or not. In a hurry to fill his curiosity he got off the ground and was about to go into the cabin when he was stopped dead in his tracks, stunned by the sight in front of him.

 

~*~

 



~A/N~

 

Wow, Chen Chen was getting serious, but I do think Kris cries to much for a tough guy, but then again his friend is in a coma. And can you guess what or who Baekhyun saw?

 

Anyway~ please comment and sub d(^_^)b

 

And happy holidays! I hope you all had a very merry Christmas


Have a nice day<3