~Chapter 9~

DREAMER.

  “Hello.” One of the little boys said before being shooshed by the other.

 

  Baekhyun was astonished and not sure what to do next. So he stood there frozen with his eyes locked on the two kids who equally matched his facial expression. Then out of politeness and habit, he bowed slightly, but without taking his eyes off them.

 

  There were two of them and Baekhyun could have sworn one was older by a few years (given that one was taller), but they looked almost identical. One had a small round face face with large round eyes with light brown hair, he was a little taller than the other, but was cowering behind the other one, even though he was the first to speak. The other boy was a little shorter and was sitting with one leg crossed and the other dangling off the porch they were both sitting on. He had a face that would have made Baekhyun laugh if he wasn't in such shock, but he had that same look on his face like Kris, which was cold and blank. He also had blond hair that stuck in every which way, he seemed to be younger, but acted like the older one. Baekhyun could tell the younger one was trying to act calm, but he could see how shocked and scared he really was.

 

  “Hello…” Baekhyun finally said with a quick small smile.

 

  By the lack of communication from the two kids, Baekhyun looked behind his shoulder to see if there were any adults around he could speak with. Then he realized, “Oh, I’m sorry for stepping onto your property like this.” He apologized and was about to make his way back to the thick bamboo forest.

 

  “Stop…” The younger boy stopped Baekhyun from moving. “Don't go anywhere…” Even though the the little kid was much younger then Baekhyun, he was kind of intimidating. “Who are you?” He asked.

 

  It took a second to remember his own name. “Oh… I’m Byun Baekhyun… a senior in high school.” He said as calm as possible.

 

  “Omo, I thought he was younger.” The older one mumbled to the younger one, only to get shooshed again.

 

  “What are you doing here?” The younger asked.

 

  “I… don't really know actually.” Baekhyun had to think about it because he didn't really remember anything past walking in complete darkness.

 

  “Aigoo! Look at his feet!” The older one squealed in a high pitch voice, causing everyone to jump and look at Baekhyun’s feet, including Baekhyun.

 

  When Baekhyun looked down he found them covered in blood blisters all the way to his ankles. When he looked up he found the older one latched on his arm, which almost gave him a heart attack

 

  “Sehunnie, we have to help him.” The older complained to the younger.

 

  “No, wait, stop, what are you doing?” The younger questioned, standing up from his seated position.

 

  “I’m Luhan and that’s Sehun.” Luhan introduced himself and his brother. “I just turned 14 two weeks ago and Sehun is 10.” Luhan added. It seemed like once Luhan got to know someone he naturally opens up and takes a liking to them (or at least Baekhyun).

 

  When the two made it to the porch where Sehun remained, Luhan sat Baekhyun down, then crawled over next to his brother. “Luhan hyung , I told you to not to do anything until I said so.” Sehun lightly scolded his older brother.

 

  “Well Sehun ah, I’m your hyung slash gege and just be because you talk more than me doesn't leave you in charge.” Luhan finished, with a pout, crossing his arms.

 

  Baekhyun slightly smiled at the two’s bickering, but he quickly got distracted when he saw rays of sun go through the near by forest and tiny white orbs floating around. “What is this place?” He asked, while reaching his hands out so he could touch one of the white orbs. When one came in contact with his palm, it fascinated him. At first it lightly brushed his palm and made little circles, almost like it was dancing, then it floated away. “This is amazing.” He said smiling at the two. “What is this place?” He asked again.

 

  Sehun and Luhan looked at each other for a brief moment confused and concerned.

 

  “Should we tell him?” Luhan whispered to Sehun.

 

  “Tell me what guys?” Baekhyun asked. he couldn't help but hear.

 

  Luhan sighed after Sehun gave him a nod. “Do you remember anything before coming to this place?” Luhan asked.

 

  Baekhyun still had to think about it. All he could remember was ending up in the never ending darkness, a green light appearing beside him, then finding a warm light that turned out to be the bamboo forest, and having to suffer a horrendous headache. “No I don't remember much, but first I ended up in a black tunnel of some sort and I have this… terrible headache…” Baekhyun stopped talking when he noticed the boys exchanging a glance with each other.

 

  “What is it guys?” He asked a little terrified. He started to panic a little as he looked at Luhan who had a sorrowful look on his face as his hands were clenching his knees.

 

  “Touch your head where it hurts.” Sehun said to Baekhyun, while touching his own head.

 

  Baekhyun followed Sehun’s instructions and touched the back of his head slowly, where it hurt the most. When he touched the throbbing spot his hair felt something wet, but he went further along touching his scalp and felt a thick sticky substance. Scared and grossed out, he quickly retrieved his hand and when he saw what was on his fingers and when he saw what they looked like he felt the need to vomit.

 

  “Baekhyun hyung, are you okay?”Luhan stood up and place a hand on the olders shoulder.

 

  Baekhyun couldn't answer, all he did was gasp for air as he was choking on his tears that were now falling all over his face. The fact that he still felt the need to vomit didn't make anything better. “... Am I... dead?” He said when he could finally breath without vomiting, which he eventually did later.

 

  “You’re not dead.” Sehun answered.

 

  “Oh God…” Baekhyun responded, swallowing a lump in his throat. “Then what’s this?” He showed Sehun his bloody fingers.

 

  “I’m guessing you got in some kind of accident before you came here.” Sehun said.

 

  Baekhyun let out another whail and had a hard time breathing again.

 

  “Baekhyun hyung, stop breathin like that or you’ll pass out.” Luhan did the best he could trying to calm the boy down.

 

  Baekhyun tried wiping his wet puffy face with his clean hand before he spoke again. “Then why am I here?”

 

  “Baekhyun hyung… you’re dreaming.” Luhan said in a soft voice.

 

  “What?” Baekhyun said in disbelief. “How could this be a dream when it feels, so real?” He said looking at the bamboo forest.

 

  “It’s your dream hyung, you get to choose what to do with it and how it looks.” Luhan clarified, taking a seat next to his brother again.

 

  “But you two,” Baekhyun pointed at the brothers, “why are you here?” He questioned.

 

  Luhan and Sehun shrugged their shoulders. “We don't know, you just thought of us and here we are.” Luhan answered.

 

  “I don't understand this.” Baekhyun pulled at his hair, then realized that his fingers were still covered in blood and so was his head. “I’m dreaming right now.” Baekhyun wanted to clear up with the two.

 

  Luhan and Sehun just nodded at the olders statement.

 

  Baekhyun laughed hysterically out of no where after a long pause, causing the brothers to look at each other with worry.

 

  “So all of this is just a dream.” Baekhyun stood up still chuckling a little. “So I’m not actually injured, I’m just dreaming that I am. What a cruel joke I played on myself.” He mumbled the last part hanging his head. “So this is just a sweet dream turned nightmare… The mind of Byun Baekhyun everybody!” He shouted out laughing, stretching his arms above his head.

 

  Meanwhile, Luhan and Sehun were exchanging looks at one another and whispering what they should do next.

 

  “So when do I wake up?” Baekhyun asked interrupting the two.

 

  Sehun was a bit hesitant to answer the question, but he knew he had to eventually because Luhan sure wasn't going to answer. “You can't Baekhyun.”

 

  Baekhyun’s smiles and chuckles stopped altogether when the boy answered. “What do you mean?”

 

  “You can't wake up until you remember what happened to you before you ended up here.” Luhan said as he stood up next to Sehun

 

  “What do you mean?”

 

  Luhan sighed and took a step closer to Baekhyun. “You’re in a coma.”

 

~*~

 

 

 


 

~A/N~

Another update… Sorry for cliffhangers like this, the next update is going to be pretty long so it might take me a while to type it out depending if I start it early.

 

Well I hope everyone is having a good new year so far and this is the first update of the new year so yay!

 

I hope this fic gets a little more popular at least with comments. I’m trying my best >.<


Anyway have a nice day <3