~Chapter 4~

DREAMER.

 

 “Xiumin, Xiumin, Xiumin.” Baekhyun yelled as he was running through the halls. “Xiumin!” He yelled once more when he entered his classroom.

 

  “...Can I help you Mr. Byun?” Xiumin said in a dry voice. He had his face inches away from his computer screen with his glasses on the tip of his nose.

 

  Baekhyun stood by Xiumin’s desk, a little breathless, waiting for his teachers attention to be directly on him.

 

  “Mr. Byun, I’m very good at multitasking, so you shall speak and I might listen.” Xiumin said clicking his mouse here and there.

 

  There were no other students in the class and maybe even the whole school for the matter since Baekhyun made Kris drop him off an hour before school started. He wasn’t sure how in depth his conversation with his teacher would get and he sure wasn’t going to wait until after school to talk and the thought was fresh in his mind.

 

  Xiumin sighed. “Baekhyun...I know you didn’t come all the way to school an hour early to hover over my desk. So you can either leave and come back when the other babos start to arrive or start talking.”

 

  “Oh...sorry...uh” Baekhyun stuttered trying to find the right words.

 

  “Spit it out Baekhyun.”

 

  “Yah, you called me by my first name.” Baekhyun was shocked. “You never call any of us by our first names.”

 

  Xiumin swiveled his chair to have Baekhyun’s full attention. “I have favorites. Every teacher does.” Xiumin looked around the class as if someone was listening in on their conversation then he whispered, “When we say we like all of you equally...that’s a lie.” He leaned back in his chair. “So, What do you want?” He said reminding Baekhyun that he was there for a reason.

 

  “Oh yeah, sorry about that, but I had a question.” Baekhyun bit his lower lip.

 

  “You don’t say.” Xiumin replied sarcastically. “Do you want me to get fired for slapping a student?”

 

  “Well-”

 

  “Rhetorical!” Xiumin yelled, standing up from his computer chair.

 

  “Ok ok ok.” Baekhyun yelled back terrified of his teachers raised hands. “What can you tell me about dreams?!” Baekhyun didn’t mean to shout that time, but truth is he was scared of his teachers loud voice or maybe even the lack of formality with students...

 

  Xiumin sat sat back in his chair with a dope look in his eyes and his mouth slightly hanging open. “...Are you stupid or something?”

 

  Baekhyun died a little inside from hearing such a statement coming from his teachers mouth. “That’s rhetorical, right?”

 

  “Baekhyun,” Xiumin leaned forward. “ I’m your damn AP Psychology teacher. Where have you been for the these last months?”

 

  “Why do you ask so many rhetorical questions?” Baekhyun shot back.

 

  “Because I can!” Xiumin pushed up his glasses focusing on his computer again.

 

  Baekhyun was silent after that, still standing next to the teacher's desk. At first he thought Mr- Xiumin was cool and pretty understanding, but now he realized he’s just an . He had enough already. First Chanyeol with his indirect answers and now his damn teacher, who by the way looks no older than himself. “Yah!” He shouted.

 

  Xiumin looked up at the boy in surprise from the sudden outburst.

 

  “I didn’t come to school one flipping hour early to be called stupid. You tell me what I want to know now. Since there is no such thing as a stupid question.”

 

  “Actually-”

 

  “Shut up!” He pointed a finger at the teacher catching his breath from his previous yelling, but he wasn’t done yet.

 

  Xiumin sat back in his chair with his arms crossed in front of his chest, almost intrigued at what his student had to say next. But being the person he is, he just had to push the boy further. “You know I can expel you for disrespecting a teacher.”

 

  “Oh yeah? Well I...I’ll-”

 

  “You’ll what?” Xiumin smirked.

 

  “I’ll tell the principle- no the super intendent of the school that you ually harassed a female student the other day.” Baekhyun smiled, knowing he had Xiumin cornered.

 

  “So what do you want to know?” Xiumin asked Baekhyun with a kind smile.

 

  Wow it actually worked? For a second I thought I would actually have to go through with it.

 

  “Well again you obviously haven’t been with us for the past week.” Xiumin rolled his eyes. “But I’ll give you a quick basic one-on-one lesson right now.”

 

  Baekhyun bowed and took the seat in front of Xiumin’s desk, taking out a small yellow notepad and a pen.

 

  “So first of all as you may know, dreams are successions of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.” Xiumin said in one breath.

 

  “But why do we have them?” Baekhyun scribbled down as much as he could on his notepad.

 

  “Well... there really is no content or purpose and they’re not even definitively understood... Well unless you have the religious belief of dreams, but I’m not going to push anything here.”

 

  “But they’re normal to have right?” The boy asked. Since he was dreaming of a certain someone, he felt like it was anything but normal actually.

 

  Xiumin laughed. “Of course it is Baekhyun. People on average have three to five dreams a night, sometimes even seven!” He held up seven fingers. “ Even people who say they don’t dream, dream.” He said knowingly.

 

  “Then why do they say hey don’t dream then?” Baekhyun asked still jotting down notes.

 

  “From my personal experience through surveys and what not, some people are too ashamed to admit their dreams so they deny of even having any or they simply dont recall of having any dreams before they wake up. The second one is more common and happens to everyone once in awhile if never.”

 

  Baekhyun hummed to himself looking over his useful information from his teacher.

 

  “So what made you want to know more about dreams an hour before school starts?” Xiumin pushed up his glasses, focusing on Baekhyun.

 

  Baekhyun shifted in the seat he was in uncomfortable with the question. “Well I just wanted some extra knowledge on the subject if thats alright with you.” He said with his head hanging.

 

  “Damn. Don’t get so worked up about it. Gosh. We were going to go over the history about dreams today anyway and maybe the intro to lucid dreaming, or should we do dream journals?” Xiumin muttered to himself.

 

  “What’s lucid dreaming?” As soon as he heard ‘lucid dreaming’ come out of his teachers mouth he just had to know more, he’s never heard of such a thing before.

 

  “Wow wow wow wow.” Xiumin put his hands up. “You can't be that ahead of everybody else. You’ll find that out in a couple of days. For now we’re just going over the history of dreams and dream journals.” He repeated.

 

  “Well what’s a dream journal?”

 

  “Yah! Didn’t I just say not to get ahead of everyone else?” Xiumin looked at his watch. “Class is about to start in 15 minutes so you can wait. Now go to your seat. I’m done with you.” He waved Baekhyun off.

 

  “But Mr. Kim.” Baekhyun violently stood up from the desk.

 

  “Yah.” Xiumin glared pointing at his student. “I said to call me Xiumin.”

 

  “Can I at least call you Xiumin hyung?” He whined.

 

  “No.”

 

  “But it’s weird calling a teacher by their first name, I even think it not allowed on campus.”

 

  “But it’s not my first name.” Xiumin was typing away on his computer.

 

  “Then what is it?”

 

  “You don't need to know that.” Xiumin was still focused on whatever he was looking at on his computer.

 

  Baekhyun made a short outburst at yet another unanswered question, then walked over to his assigned desk taking a seat, with a huff of air escaping his lips. Why can’t people just tell me what  want to know? That bastard was lying when he said all the answers are in front of me. Next time I go to D.O...whatever, I’ll get my answers.

 

  “Baekhyun.” Xiumin called the boy from his desk. He had his elbow propped up on a stack of yellow papers and in his hand was a green book with a gold lock on it.

 

  “Yes Xiumin?” Baekhyun stood up from his desk(gently) and approached the teacher.

 

  “Here.” Xiumin gave the book to the boy, who gladly accepted it.

 

  “What's this for?” He asked inspecting every inch of the green book.

 

  “That,” Xiumin tapped the book. “will be your personal dream journal, since I have a feeling you asked about dreams for a different much deeper reason. I thought you could write down your real dreams and thoughts in this one and make up some crap in the other one I give you and the rest of the class. The one I just gave you is personal to you, so I won't be checking or reading it.”

 

  Baekhyun thought about the personal journal idea Xiumin proposed, he was really thankful that his teacher even considered it. He knew for a fact that he wasn't going to mention his previous dreams about Chanyeol in his class dream journal. Maybe his teacher wasn’t an after all. “So...that means double the work for me?” He concluded.

 

  Xiumin’s smile dropped. “Yah. I give you a gift and no ‘thank you’? And yes, that’s exactly what it means. Unless you want me to read your personal one instead.” He spat.

 

  “N-no. Thank you Xiumin.” The boy bowed before taking his seat again, packing his journal in his backpack before taking out his needed materials.

 


 

 

 

  The first school bell rang. Students quickly made their way into the classroom, talking among themselves. Baekhyun never really paid any attention to them, he simply thought all the kids in his AP Psych class were arrogant and rude. Except for the boy in the back of the classroom who was relatively quiet. Throughout his whole high school career he’s only had a total of 4 decent conversations with the boy.

 

  “Hey Baekhyun.” The boy greeted passing by his seat.

 

  “Oh, hey Taemin.” He replied. He’s always wondered why he’s never talked to him, but it’s not like he did anything about it.  Over time he’s concluded that... they’re just too different.

 


 

 

 

  The rest of Baekhyun’s day was filled with pointless lessons and a boring lunch, he was just happy when the final school bell rang, signalling the end of the day. Kris even said he would pick him up from school since his classes get out early on Mondays.

 

  Baekhyun stood out front of the school gates waiting for his friend. Not even two minutes later did Baekhyun take out his phone to dial Kris’ number.

 

  “What.” Kris’ voice came through the other line sounding peeved.

 

  “Kris, when are you getting here?”

 

  “I’m like a block away.” With that the line went dead leaving a pouty Baekhyun. Normally Kris wasn’t that quick on the phone and he normally has a cheerful husky voice. Even when he dropped Baekhyun off he was happy to do so, even if it was early in the morning.

 

  About a minute later Baekhyun could see Kris round the corner on his motorcycle, he stopped when he pulled up at the school gates next to Baekhyun. He lifted up his helmet before speaking. “Hey.”

 

  “Hey Kris. Umm, is everything ok?” Baekhyun asked concerned about his friend.

 

  “Oh. Yeah. There was a cop right behind me and I didn’t want to get pulled over for being on the phone or anything.” Kris clarified.

 

  “Oh, ok.” Baekhyun got on the back of Kris’ bike and they drove off. “Hey Kris, what do you dream about when you sleep?” he asked.

 

“I don’t have dreams.” He replied flatly.

 

  “I’m sure you do. Everyone does.”

 

  “I don’t. And you should really start calling me hyung from now on.” Kris demanded more than suggested.

 

  “W-why? I’ve never called you hyung even when we were kids, why would I start now?”

 

  “It’s just out of respect, Baekhyun.” He said dryly.

 

  “No, that sounds weird and I’m used to calling you just Kris.” He smiled.

 

  “Well get used to Kris hyung now.” Kris said forcing ‘hyung’, it even sounded weird to him.

 

  “Fine...” Baekhyun dropped the discussion.

 

  There was quite a lot of traffic on the main routes to get to Baekhyun’s house, so the two decided taking the highway would be faster.

 

  While feeling the wind go through his hair Baekhyun realized something. “Omo. Kris where's my helmet?” He let one hand leave Kris’ waist to touch his free flowing hair. “You said you would get me a helmet.”

 

  “For the last time Baek it’s Kris hyung and I don’t have your ing helmet, ok. Damn you such a ing burden sometime, I swear.” Kris snapped at the younger for some odd reason.

 

  Baekhyun’s heart shattered at his best friends words. “Let me off.”

 

  “What? Why? We’re almost home just hold on.”

 

  “Let me off Kris hyung.” He stressed the ‘hyung.’

 

  “No. I said we’re almost there.”

 

  “Hyung! Let me off the bike, I don’t want to ride it anymore without a helmet.” Baekhyun raised his voice and slapped Kris’ shoulder.

 

  “Baek, we’ll be there in five minutes so shut the hell up!”

 

  “Stop cursing at me and let me off!” He hit Kris on the shoulder again, but Kris started to speed in response. “Kris hyung I’m not joking, you’re going 10 miles over the speed limit. this is dangerous.”

 

  Kris didn't listen, all he did was increase the speed of the bike even more. “Don’t worry Baekhyun.” He said with an annoyed tone.

 

  Baekhyun didn’t giving up. “Kris stop the bike now.”

 

  “No!”

 

  “Kris watch out!” Baekhyun yelled as he saw a long thick piece of wood fly off the back of the truck, driving in front of them.

 

  But Kris caught Baekhyun’s warning a second too late.


~*~

 

~A/N~ This is part one! Hope you like. I'm not setting dates for myself because I can't keep them. *Sigh* I'm a slow typer... I also credit Wiki for the part about dreams.

Please comment and SUBCRIBE. Thank You <3

Part two coming soon!

Next Chapter= Angst!