~Chapter 2~

DREAMER.

 

“Hey pass the ball!” A child shouted.


  “Over here Baekhyun, I’m open.” Another waved his arms.


  “Ok. I’m gonna kick it and you have to make a goal.” A five year old Baekhyun shouted back to his friends. He couldn’t quite make out the faces on most of the younger kids around him, except for Kris.


  “Baekhyun!” One of the other kids yelled at him, getting impatient.


  With all his might Baekhyun had a running start to kick the soccer ball with all his might, but he missed it by inches. The other children around him, excluding Kris, all laughed at him as he fell on his .


  “Yah. It’s not funny.” Baekhyun was on the verge of tears.


  “He’s gonna cry guys.” The kids teased.


  Since Kris was a couple years older he wanted to see if the baby could stand up for himself... so he just watched.   


  Baekhyun looked at Kris with glossy eyes waiting for his hyung to save him from his so called “friends,” but Kris didn't budge, he just watched. Even back then Kris had rough features.


  “Here...” One of the children appeared before Baekhyun. “Take my hand.” Baekhyun looked up at the child who offered the support, but the sun was shining right over him so he couldn't see the others face clearly. As Baekhyun took the others hand his vision slowly faded white.


  “Ayo baby Baek.” Kris nudged Baekhyun’s shoulder waking him up.


  Baekhyun grounded and wiped the goowy sleep from his eyes. He turned to Kris who was sitting across from him, giving the older a glare.


  “Yah. I brought you here so you could study... So study and try not to fall asleep every 20 minutes.” Kris said shoving his face back into his book, that not to mention had a really long title Baekhyun wasn't even going to attempt to read in english.


  “Sorry hyung...” Baekhyun said in a lazy voice.


  Kris looked around the library nervously. “Don't be sorry, just finish so we can get the heck out of here.” He whispered.

  Baekhyun gave the older a questioning look tilting his head to the side. “But you... you just told me to keep studying. Why do you want to leave all of a sudden?”


  Kris ducked his head and put his book up as a barrier so only Baekhyun could see his face. “Ok, don’t look now, but there’s a panda like thing at 3 o'clock.” He tried to whisper. The youngers head shot up, as if on cue to find the “panda thing”? He scoped the library for a split second before Kris yanked his tie close to the table. “What part of do-not-look don’t you get?” He did his best to whisper while still sounding angry.


  “All of it I guess.” He laughed. “Well don't look now, but your panda stalker is coming this way.” Baekhyun smiled, adjusting his tie. He hid his face in his own book when the boy was walking their way.


  The panda was walking, getting closer to them and Baekhyun could tell that his hyung was getting more nervous with every step the mysterious boy took. Has he never seen a panda in real life?


  The boy was now only a few feet away from their table and Baekhyun couldn't believe how much Kris was freaking out. He’s never seen his friend show so much emotion in a public place, he normally kept a straight face if anything.


  “Letsgoletsgolstego.” Kris swiftly shoved everything on his side of the table into his bookbag, collecting Baekhyun after.


  “Yah yah yah.” Baekhyun whispered, while Kris was dragging him out the library. “my books. Lets go back and get them.”


  Kris scoffed. “Like you were really using them.”


  The two were far from the library now and on the path to go home. They were silent for a while. Both thinking about completely different things. Baekhyun could only guess the giant was still thinking about his encounter with that panda in the library. But he on the other hand was daydreaming of his nice warm bed and blanket and maybe even home cooked meal awaiting him at home. Part of him was even thinking of--


  “Ok Baek. I’ll see you tomorrow. I can give you a ride. Just be ready on time.”Kris stressed the last part. “Ok see you later.” Kris waved to Baekhyun before walking to his own house about a mile away. Baekhyun said a quick goodbye while shuffling through his pockets to find his keys.


  When Baekhyun opened the door to his apartment he slipped his shoes off and made his way to the kitchen. Well I guess I have to wait for that meal. He thought to himself since he noticed he was the only one home. He was thinking about going in the freezer to get something sweet, but restrained himself for the sake of getting soft. Instead of finding the sweet treats, he found a note on the fridge.


From Umma,

Going to see your brother in China

Be back next week.

Keep studying for your test

Fighting!


  “She went to see my brother... without me?” He asked himself. Who wouldn’t feel hurt or meaningless if your parent went to go visit your sibling who you’re close with? In China. He decided to call Kris to see what he should do about this situation.


  “Hello?” He heard Kris’ voice on the other line.


  “Kris?”


  “Ayo wassup Baek?”


  “My mom left” He said more depressed than he intended to.


  “...Uh...What do you mean she left?”


  “She went to China to visit my brother.”


  “Without you?”


  “Yeah” Baekhyun sighed.


  “Is everything ok?”


  “Yeah I guess... I’m just tired.”


  “Baekhyun you know if you need anything you can just tell me. You’re always welcome here. My parents adore you. You’re already considered family, you have been for the longest.”


  Baekhyun sighed again. “Thanks, I know...”


  The phone line was silent.


  “Baekhyun.” Kris started again.


  “Yeah.” He said softly.


  “I’m here for you bro... so don’t do anything stupid you babo. I don’t like a depressed Baekhyun, you look ugly.” He joked.


  Baekhyun chuckled. “Thanks hyung. I’ll let you know if anything happens. I think I should go to bed early today. Goodnight!” Baekhyun hung up.


  He through his phone somewhere on his bedroom floor and plopped himself on his bed. “Why am I always so tired lately? He groaned slamming his head against his soft pillow. “I want all this stress gone.” He let out a big sigh. I want to go back. With that last thought Baekhyun closed his droopy eyes without hesitation.


 


  Baekhyun’s eyes were closed, but he could feel a faint breeze on his skin. It was the same one as last time, it gave him the same feeling and everything. He loved this feeling so much he never wanted to let it go. If only he knew he was dreaming he would never bother to think of something so bizarre.


  He took a deep breath in, then releasing it. His eyes were still closed. He remembered his first encounter with Chanyeol when he told him he could hear how beautiful everything is if he’d just listen. It was true. He could hear everything around him. He knew he was back at the beautiful beach from the sound of the small waves that onced danced on the tops of his feet. He could hear the brush of the tall grass on the small mountain side. The sweetest sound he ever heard though was the sound of the soft wind passing by him whispering his name in a barely audible voice, but Baekhyun knew it was his name it was calling.


  “It sound beautiful right?” He heard Chanyeol’s voice.


  Baekhyun opened his eyes slowly, putting his hands up in front of him to protect his eyes from the bright sun. He smiled when he saw Chanyeol. “...Yeah. You were right.” He responded.


  Chanyeol laughed. “I’m always right.” He smiled his normally big happy smile. “So you came back.”


  “I guess I did.” Baekhyun took in the beautiful beach for a second time. He turned back to Chanyeol. “I’m not sure how though. ”I don’t even know where this place is.” He continued to look around from where he was standing.


  “Ah.” Chanyeol placed a hand on one of Baekhyun shoulders. “You’ll find out soon enough.”

  “You said that last time.”


  “Said what?” Chanyeol tried to play dumb.


  “When I asked you how to come back here the first time I came, you told me I had to find out, but where do I start?” He asked.


  “Look over there.” Chanyeol turned Baekhyun around by the shoulders.


  Why did he change the subject? Baekhyun thought to himself just kind of dismissing the whole thing..


  When Baekhyun turned around his eyes had never seen something so beautiful in his whole life. It was a cherry blossom tree, but not a normal one you see in Seoul walking home. No, this one, this one was simply amazing, even calling something so...amazing would be an insult, there was no other way to describe it, but...indescribable. “Baekhyun could have sworn it stood 85 feet easily. The trunk was thick, he could see a bunch of little tree trunks made the massive one. He viewed it as almost like a community all coming together to make one. The blossoms themselves where a soft pink, some almost white. He watched in ah as the flower petals left the tree to be carried by the wind. He followed them with his eyes to see where they would land next. He found a dozen of them in Chanyeol hair. He smiled walking toward Chanyeol who was only centimeters away fromt the gorgeous tree.


  “Do you like it?” Chanyeol asked already confident in the olders answer.


  “I actually love it.” Baekhyun was standing directly under the tree looking up at the it’s thick branches and falling petals. When he looked around him, he saw that he wasn't at the beach anymore, but in a endless black room. The only thing giving off light was the tree. “How did this get here?” He asked in ah.


  “Do you see the tree trunk?” Chanyeol gently patted the side of the tree.


  Baekhyun dropped his gaze to look at the spiral trunk he only caught a glimpse of. “What about it?” He asked.


  “It’s not one trunk, it’s actually twelve.” He said running his hand down the twisted trunk.


  “Twelve?” Baekhyun repeated.


 

"Over a million years ago, some say when the earth was just created, there were twelve small pathetic little blossom trees God had planted and gave to a poor old farmer. The farmer had no money or valuables to give back to God, but God didn’t want anything in return. He just said, “Take care of these twelve trees like they are your own children. God had a lot of faith in the man and knew he would be a good guardian to the trees."


 

 “What happens next?” Baekhyun said with anticipation.


  Chanyeol chuckled. “I’m getting to that.” Baekhyun seemed a lot less tense by Chanyeol’s words. “

 

 

"So the farmer had twelve trees that he called his children. He didn't have much to give him, but he made do with what he had. Every day the farmer walked 10 miles to retrieve water for the trees, but he didn't mind, he would always tell them, “If I walk 10 miles every day we both will get big and strong.” The trees could hear the old man's words and did as he said. All twelve trees grew one foot taller, petals getting brighter, every month until it was 85 feet tall.”


 

 “Why did it only reach 85 feet?” Baekhyun asked looking up at the tree again.


 

"The old farmer was sick. He couldn't walk the 10 miles every day like he used to, but the trees didn't mind. They could hear the farmers prayers to God every night for all of them including himself to grow big and strong, but God only answered half of the farmers prayer. The farmer didn't mind though, he knew he did all he could for his twelve children and he could die a proud father since he knew that.”


 

 “That’s so sad.” Baekhyun almost cried.


  Chanyeol caught this and whipped Baekhyun’s eyes gently with the pads of his thumbs before any tears could fall out of his eyes.


  “Don’t worry. It gets better.” Baekhyun nodded his head and kept listening to the story.

 

 

“After the old farmer died, Gods angels came down to take the farmer to live with God himself. The trees knew the farmer was at peace, but they were still a little sad that God didn't answer his prayer. The trees had no one to talk to them anymore. They all thought about giving up , but they knew that the farmer would be upset with them if they didn't stay strong. So they stood tall.

 

  

One day the trees were starting to degrade and they all blamed each other for the old farmers death and now theirs. “My children.” The trees heard a soft old voice come from the heavens. “Do not fight. To remain strong you must join together all twelve of you, as one.” As soon as the voice came it left just as fast. The trees stopped fighting and did as the farmer wished. They all thought the farmers wish was impossible though. How can twelve unique trees, all different from one another(except them being blossom trees) come together as one?

 

  

To please their late father they started to join together. It took some time to figure out a way for 12 blossom trees to join together, when half wanted to go right and half wanted go left. Eventually they met in the middle and started to spiral in the same direction after many years. In the end all twelve of them had become one.”

 

Chanyeol still had his hand placed on the trunk of the blossom tree, he then did the same with his forehead. “Thank you.” He whispered.


  “Why are you thanking the tree?” Baekhyun let his hand run along side the tree trunk.


  Chanyeol only smiled before saying, “Because it led me to you.”


~*~

 

 

~A/N~ Hope you like. My favorite part was the little story Chanyeol told. In my mind that was the way the tree of life was created^^ And why are little kids butts?

Please comment and sub. Let me know you guys are out there. I feel like I'm riding solo like C-Clown... bad joke I know, but please you don't know how much they make my day.

Next update should be on Friday or Sunday if not sooner.

Have a nice day<3