~Chapter 5~

DREAMER.
Kris caught Baekhyun's warning a second to late causing the bike to run over the wood. Kris lost his footing on the pedals creating the bike to swerve almost tipping the whole bike over at about 75 miles per hour.
 
Utterly terrified, Baekhyun held himself close to Kris' back with his eyes squeezed shut. Kris did his best to maneuver around the other vehicles on the highway, still with no control of the breaks. "Baekhyun, hold on!" Kris had finally found full control over the bike again, but running over the piece of wood some how disconnected the breaks, there for he couldn't completely stop the bike. 
 
"Kris...please stop! This is dangerous and I don't even have a helmet!" Baekhyun pleaded, tightening his grip around the elders waist.
 
"Sorry Baek, but the breaks got cut so we have to crash the bike." Kris gritted through his teeth and increased the speed of the bike.
 
"Then why are we going faster?!" 
 
Kris had a plan, as the highway was coming to an end, he could see traffic lights. He was going as fast as he could, cross the intersection and make it to the other side without coming in contact with another vehicle.
 
"Baek...just hold on." Kris was getting closer to the traffic now. Going at 80 miles per hour he could see the lights turn from green to yellow and finally...red. His heart stopped. He had a feeling this wasn't going to end very well, but he was determined and promised to keep Baekhyun and himself safe.
 
But he couldn't keep that promise. In the middle of the intersection, Kris lost his focus when a car cut in front of him with angry honking following. The bike slowed down, but not by much, he didn't know where to go any more since the car that zipped by blurred his vision and he was blinded by other zipping cars passing by and trying to avoid hitting the duo on the bike.
 
"Kris." He heard Baekhyun cry in a soft voice and immediately knew something was wrong.
 
Only seconds later Kris and Baekhyun were involved in a diverged collision.
 
Kris didn't know how many seconds, minutes, or even hours had passed, but when he opened his eyes he was facing the dim sky. His eyes were all hazy and he couldn't focus them all the way. He could here distant screams and sirens, he attempted to prop himself up on his elbows, but quickly realized his collar bone was either fractured or broken from the sharp intense pain it sent through his body every time he moved it.
 
"." He cried. His body slammed back on the ground, to weak to move. "Baek." He said with a lump in his throat, he turned his head every which way carefully to find his friend. "Baek-Baekhyun!" He shouted still looking for him. "...Baekhyun..." His heart dropped again when he saw the boys small body on the other side of the intersection, next to his motorcycle. "Baekhyun!" He cried, his voice horsed. With the little to no strength he had he slowly picked himself up off the ground with his good arm (but his legs felt like lead and it was like no other pain he ever felt) forgetting the pain in the other and his leg because seeing Baekhyun's motionless body in the middle of the road was more painful.
 
As soon as he made it to Baekhyun's side he collapsed. "Baek...hyun..." He cried softly. Running his fingers through the boys hair. While bringing his hand out of the youngers hair he saw that it was covered in blood. "No." He said in disbelief.
 
He did his best to sit himself up so he could examine Baekhyun, but he winced in pain every time his crippled arm came in contact with the cold cement or the rest of his body. After man tries he finally sat himself up, when he finally got a good look at Baekhyun he could see there was a pool of blood forming around his head. "Baek..." He picked the boys blood soaked head up (gently) and placed it in his lap. "Baek..." Kris had tears in his eyes, he pressed his hand over the youngers chest so he could feel his shallow heart beats. "No...no,no no no no no." Kris repeated shaking his head still in disbelief of his friends condition. Why was he ok, but not Baekhyun?
 
"Baek...I'm so sorry, please." Kris begged for forgiveness in hopes that Baekhyun would open his eyes in the slightest or make some sort of noise. 
 
The sirens Kris heard in the distances were now loud and ringing through his bleeding ears, he could even see flashing red lights in his peripheral. 
 
"Baekhyun...I'm so sorry..." He continued. He the boys head brushing the fringe out of his face. "I take back everything." He looked up at the sky and let the tears flow. "God. How can I be so stupid?!" He began to yell holding Baekhyun closer. "Baekhyun please wake up! I should have listened to you." His voice cracked. "I'm sorry Baekhyun...I'm sorry..." 
 
That was the last Kris said to Baekhuyn before the ambulance pulled up pulled up right beside them.
 
Kris saw about five paramedics come out of one single ambulance as another one quickly appeared. The paramedics flung the doors open, pulling out a gurney and other medical supplies. There were to many flashing lights and things going on at once for Kris to focus on anything around him.
 
"Sir stay where you are. Are you okay, are you hurt anywhere?" One of the paramedics rushed up to them and knelt down next to the two.
 
"Baekhyun." He choked.
 
The paramedics looked at the motionless body in Kris' lap. "Is this boy unconscious?" He asked.
 
"I- I don't know. His head is bleeding all over the place. I cant hear him breath." He looked up at the paramedic with fear in his eyes .
 
"Sir wait here while I get-" Kris cut the paramedic off.
 
"I need your help! He wasn't wearing a helmet! Please don't leave...!"
 
The paramedic nodded and called more medics over to the duo.
 
"I think my collar bone is broken too." Kris shouted as he could see more medics with gurneys. He didn't pay much attention to them, the only thing that mattered at the moment was Baekhyun. "Baek. Please please please open your eyes." He whispered in the youngers ear (which was also covered in blood).
 
Kris knew the accident was his fault entirely. He couldn't even remember why he was mad at Baekhyun in the first place. His conscious was guilty and he knew why, if he had actually listened to Baekhyun then and a couple of days ago, the boy could have walked away from the accident with only a fractured arm or nothing more, but if Kris wasn't already having a bad day there would be no accident to walk away from.
 
"Sir, can you move at all?" The medic said beside him and another one standing by Baekhyun.
 
"My collar bone, but Baek...he's bleeding every where."
 
"Check the boy, check the boy." The medic next to Kris ordered the other.
 
"He's already lost a lot of blood, he's unconscious, but not dead. We need to get him to intensive care now or we'll lose him."
 
"Ok lets load'em in!" The medic said to the rest of his team, who quickly obeyed. The paramedics lifted Baekhyun off of Kris before he could process the transfer causing him to argue with the other medics helping him up.
 
"No! Where are you taking him?!" Kris asked panicked.
 
"Sir calm down. He's going to be taken to the nearest hospital. But we need you to calm down and cooperate and get into the ambulance so we can take care of your injuries." The medic assisting Kris said as the team behind him loaded Baekhyun onto the gurney then in the ambulance. 
 
"Please. I have to be with him, let me go in the same one. He needs me!" Kris pleaded with his soul, his voice broken up from tears running down his throat and face.
 
"Sir you cant. My team will take care of-"
 
"You don't understand!" At this point Kris lost his emotional control. "This was my fault! He needs me there with him." He confessed. 
 
"Sir please just calm down." The medic kept repeating the same thing and damn it was getting on Kris' nerves. He could perfectly see Baekhyun in the ambulance over the medics shoulder while he was seated in the back of his own ambulance.
 
"What's your relationship with the young man?" 
 
"I-im...im uh" Kris couldn't think clearly with all the commotion and worry going on around him and in his still hazy mind. "I'm his his- friend." He finally spat out.
 
The medic shook his head. "I'm sorry but only family members can ride in the same ambulance and you two are going to different places." He clarified.
 
Kris could now see the ambulance doors close with Baekhyun inside. "No Baekhyun!" 
 
"Sir!" Kris thrashed his arm around punching the paramedics around to reach Baekhyun.
 
"Baekhyun!" He screeched reaching his hand out.
 
"I need assistance!" The medic restraining Kris yelled out in a stern voice. Again the team obeyed quickly to his advantage and a man with latex gloves rushed over to them caring a needle.
 
"Sir are you allergic to any type of medication?" The man with the gloves asked.
 
"What? No why is that important?!" Kris couldn't understand why that would be important information now.
 
"Take him away!" Another medic yelled from who knows were, but then suddenly the ambulance Baekhyun was is started to drive away.
 
"No!" Kris cried out.
 
"Do it." Kris wasn't sure who said it or why, but as soon as the words were spoken he felt another sharp pain coming from his good arm and he was feeling light headed.
 
"Wh...what?" Kris put his good hand on his head, rubbing his temple. "What the hell?" He could feel himself being lifted and hoisted onto something soft. "You cant...you cant do this..." He said as his voice began to slur. 
 
"Sir we're taking you to the hospital now. We just injected you with a relaxing tranquilizer so you can sleep. We'll be at the ER soon." 
 
"But Baekhyuuu..." Kris tried to keep his eyes open, fighting the sleep.
 
"Your friend is going to be alright." The medic said sincerely.
 
"Baekhyun...I'm sorry." Kris couldn't keep his eyes open any longer. He long forgot the striking pain in his collar bone and leg, because he knew Baekhyun was in much worse condition (and the tranquilizers where kicking in).
 
What Kris didn't know was Baekhyun had long left this world the moment they crashed.