~Chapter 3~

DREAMER.

 

   When Baekhyun woke up it was already 10:30 am, the next day. He almost thought he would get a beating from the teacher if he showed up to class late again, but it was Saturday so he had nothing to worry about.

  

   

   Since Kris left for college, Baekhyun realized it difficult trying to find ways to spend his free Saturdays. His mom was in China for the time being so it was difficult thinking of something to entertain himself. Sure he could loiter on the computer, but that would get old fast, besides it was a nice day outside. After putting much thought into it he decided to just take a walk around the neighborhood.

 

  Baekhyun walked blindly down the streets, letting his limbs maneuver him whichever way they pleased. When he came to a stop at last, he realized that he was in the heart of Seoul, about a good five miles away from his neighborhood. So much for a walk around the block. He thought to himself, angry with his legs for making him walk so far. “Since I’m already here I might as well do something-”

 

  “Baekhyun?”

 

  Baekhyun turned around to locate the person who called him. he looked past the fast moving people around him until his eyes met with- “Chanyeol?”

 

  All of a sudden the fast paced people came to a halt, completely frozen. Baekhyun couldn't even see them breathing.

 

  Chanyeol walked pass the makeshift statues walking towards an amazed Baekhyun. “I thought I lost you there for a second Baekhyun.” Chanyeol was now in front of the shorter. Baekhyun completely ignoring the others statement, waving his hands in front of a woman and her child who were frozen.

 

  “Are they still...alive?” Baekhyun asked doing the same to a business man.

 

  Chanyeol chuckled at the sight of Baekhyun’s wide eyes, giving that they were relatively small without the use of eyeliner. “They’re all fine, just frozen in time.” He clarified.

 

  Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol “Is the rest of the world like this?”

 

  Chanyeol simply nodded and walked past Baekhyun.

 

  “Yah, where are you going?” Baekhyun asked following the taller with his eyes as he stayed put. “What are you up to Park Chanyeol?” He asked himself, a bit skeptical of the situation.

 

  When Chanyeol got to the end of the block he stopped. He turned his whole body so it was facing the storefront. He placed his hand on the doorknob. Before he opened the door he turned his head towards Baekhyun who was still standing in the mess of frozen pedestrians. Chanyeol then faced the door again opening it then stepping inside.

 

  “Yah wait for me babo!” Baekhyun ran to the end of the block to find the storefront Chanyeol had walked in, but all he could find was a green door with a shiny gold doorknob.

 

  Baekhyun placed his hand on the knob, he closed his eyes and turned it slowly, almost afraid to look at what lies behind the lone door. When he creaked the door open a little the wind on the other side forced it open all the way making Baekhyun jump, squeezing his eyes shut. He could feel the strong wind hit him in the face now forcing his eyes to stay closed. He knew this wind wasn't like the one he used to feel at the nice warm beach, it was nothing like it. The wind was nothing like the calm breeze and it didn't give Baekhyun that pure feeling. No, this one scared Baekhyun to the point where he wanted to close the green door and never look back.

 

  “You can open your eyes Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said form the unknown.

 

  Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut even tighter when another gust of wind hit him. He started to breath heavy, almost about to hyperventilate, at the sudden contact.

 

  “Just take one step forward . I’m right in front of you.” Chanyeol was indeed in front of Baekhyun, ready to guide his every step.

 

  Baekhyun tried to catch his breath. “You promise you’re in front of me?” He asked truly terrified he would fall if he wasn't.

 

  Chanyeol smiled, but Baekhyun couldn't see. “Yes.”

 

  “Ok... I’m going to open my eyes.” He started to open his eyes slowly until another gust of wind knocked him off his feet forcing his eyes to shoot open. When he saw where he was, he let out a horrendous scream Chanyeol swore could break even shatter proof glass.

 

  “Baekhyun!” Chanyeol met the older on the ground where he fell. trying to calm him down. “You’re not dying relax.”

 

  Baekhyun continued to scream and held onto Chanyeol like a baby koala. “Don’t let me fall! I don’t wanna die yet!” The boy cried, but all Chanyeol could do was stand up with the other on his back, since trying to calm a hysterical Baekhyun down was out of the question.

 

  “Baekhyun...please calm down.” Chanyeol sighed. “I know you’re shorter than me, much shorter,” He said under his breath. “but you’re in a weird position just hanging on me and you’re getting...heavy.” He said honestly. “Just open your eyes.”

 

  Baekhyun calmed down a little, but his heart was still pounding. He tried to open his eyes once again, getting off of Chanyeol’s back. His eyes were now open completely. “How is this possible?” He asked looking at the surface beneath him.

 

  The sight that scared the boy was not the ground beneath him only because it wasn't the ground at all, but the sky. The bluest sky you could think of, complete with white fluffy clouds that almost looked like soft cotton. Baekhyun imagined that this is what the sky used to look like before machines and factories were made. He just couldn't understand how he was on such a beautiful sky and how it got underneath his feet. Did it fall? He knew for a fact that the sky and clouds were not painted pictures because they moved along with the strong wind.

 

  “How can we be standing on this?” He looked up at Chanyeol almost scared.

 

  “Look up.” Chanyeol pointed a finger up to where the sky normally is suppose to be, his head following. Baekhyun did the same.

 

  “But...how is the sky up there too?” Baekhyun looked up at the “normal” sky above him in confusion. “How can there be two? there’s only suppose to be one.”

 

  Chanyeol decided to make a game out of the other boys confusion. “I’ll give you one chance to guess why.”

 

  Baekhyun thought about it for a little while. He was getting really annoyed with the goofy looking giant since he never gave him straight forward answers if any at all, since he met him. “Is this a mirror,” He tapped his foot on the surface he was standing on. “So the real sky above us reflects on the mirror making it look like another sky?” He did his best to make something up that made a little sense.

 

  Chanyeol shook his head, his curls following the movement. “Nope.” He said popping the ‘p.’ “They’re both real skys.”

 

  “Then how-”

 

  “They’re two different universes.” He simply stated.

 

  “Two different...universes?” Baekhyun repeated.

 

  “That’s right Byun Baekhyun!” Chanyeol pinched the olders right cheek. “Each sky is one universe, completely opposite from the other, but where we’re standing is in the middle.” He finished with a big grin on his face.

 

  Baekhyun looked up and down at the dualsky. “Then why are we only standing on one of the sky’s?” He asked.

 

  Chanyeol shrugged. “Beats me. All I know is that this place, the middle, is is the only place the two universes meet at the same date and time.” Chanyeol smiled looking at the right side up sky. “...And that door leads to yours.”

 

  Baekhyun looked up from the sky he was standing on and turned to Chanyeol, but he wasn't there. Almost in instinct he looked towards the green door in a panic. Luckily he found Chanyeol standing next to it holding it open for Baekhyun to walk through. Without any effort Baekhyun walked through the door with Chanyeol behind him.

 

 


 

  The sky was clear with a couple of white clouds like the sky he was once standing on. There was also a patch of grass with a white picket fence surrounding it. In the patch of grass was a brown wooden bench planted right in the middle. Baekhyun smiled at the sweet smell of nectar coming from an unknown source, since there were no flowers in sight.

 

  “This place is so cute.” Baekhyun found himself sitting next to Chanyeol on the wooden bench.

 

  “I come here all the time. It just seems to tell me what I want to know. I just sit here and let my mind go blank, making room for what this place has to tell me next.” Chanyeol bent down and picked a blade of grass.

 

  “...Will you tell me what this place is called?” Baekhyun prayed to God to get a real answer out of the boy this time.

 

  “D.O. Park Avenue.” Chanyeol gave a straight forward answer.

 

  “How do I come back? What if I need answers too?” Baekhyun asked.

 

  “Just read the signs.” Chanyeol pointed up to a green sign with white writing that read ‘D.O. Park Avenue.’ “But you already have all the answers right in front of you.”

 

  “Mr. Byun!” Baekhyun woke up to books being slammed on his desk and his teachers yelling.

 

  Baekhyun sat himself up all the way so that his back was touching the back of his chair, rubbing his eyes into focus he said, “Sorry Mr. Kim, I just-”

 

  “You just need to pay attention. Do you think I care about how many hours you slept last night?”

 

  “Well-”

 

  “It was rhetorical Mr. Byun. Now I’m sorry I had to cut your beautiful nightmare short,” The teacher said sarcastically. “but you are in class now. My class so I suggest you get yourself together.” The teacher spat.

 

  “I think I see steam coming out of that baozi.” A female student said to a group of girls around her causing Baekhyun to turn his attention towards her, which also got the teachers attention.

 

  “Do you want to say something to my face girl?” The teacher said with attitude.

 

  The girl smirked. “Maybe some other time.”

 

  The teacher scoffed. “Go to the principal's office I’m done with you.” He waved the girl off.

 

  The girl huffed and stood up from her desk stomping out of the room.

 

  “And I know for a fact you had that skirt altered to fit your flat !” The teacher said as the girls footsteps became fait. Before he could say anything else the school bell rang signalling the start of lunch. All the students darted out the classroom except Baekhyun who still had the teacher standing by his desk. Maybe I’ll get a beating after all.

 

  Baekhyun was hesitant on what to do next. “Look Mr-”

 

  “Call me Xiumin.” Xiumin smiled.

 

  “Uh...Xiumin I-”

 

  Xiumin cut Baekhyun off again. “Baekhyun you’re a good kid and I like that, you’re in the top 10 of your whole graduating class. So I’m going to let this little slip of yours pass.” Xiumin left Baekhyun’s desk and made his way towards his own. Baekhyun could see his chubby yet handsome teacher scribble something down on a piece of paper.

 

  “What’s that for?” Baekhyun asked out of curiosity.

 

  “...Here.” Xiumin extended his arm with the paper in it, giving it to Baekhyun. “It’s a pass so you can leave school, you know so you can catch up on your sleep.” Xiumin winked.

 

  Baekhyun blushed at the little action taking the note, then politely bowing. “Thank you Mr- Xiumin. I’ll be nice and refreshed tomorrow.” He finished with the fighting pose.

 

  “Well I hope I don't see you or any of my other students tomorrow since it’ll be Saturday, but I’ll see you on Monday instead.” Xiuming waved as Baekhyun was leaving the classroom.

 

  Since Kris was still in class and his mom was in China, he had no choice but to walk home. He didn't mind much, it only took about 35 minutes to get home by foot and that gave him a chance to think. As he walked he thought about a few different things like; what he was going to eat for the next week and if he was being a burden to Kris, but one thing stood out the most... “Was I dreaming since I woke up? Did Kris even drop me off at school? Heck, I can't even remember anything from this morning. I really need to stop this before it gets out of hand.” He spoke to himself earning a few strange looks from passer byers. He wasn't even close to being home yet and he was already tired. He came across an empty bus stop and sat down for a minute, when a silver motorcycle pulled up in front of him.

 

  Baekhyun noticed the bike, but tried to pretend he was preoccupied with his phone in order to avoid contact with the driver.

 

  “You babo. I’m the one who taught you how to avoid awkward moments.” Kris laughed through his helmet.

 

  Baekhyun squinted to get a look at the face behind the tinted plastic. “Kris?”

 

  Kris lifted his helmet up. “Yeah. Yah! Why aren't you in school?!”

 

  Baekhyun waved the pass Xiumin gave him in the air. “I got permission to leave school.”

 

  Kris rolled his eyes. “Ok. I’m not going to question your teachers authority.”

 

  Baekhyun giggled at the sight of his friends face.

 

  “Yah what’s so funny?”

 

  “Nothing. What happened to your car?”

 

  “Oh I got a flat tire and the engine sort of blew up. So I got my motorcycle from my parents house. If you’re not going to take the bus, hop on.” Kris cocked his head to the small back seat on the bike.

 

  Baekhyun got on without second guessing it, since his limbs were tired and he’s to much of a diva to take the bus. “Do you have an extra helmet?” Baekhyun asked trying to look for one.

 

Kris drove off before he could answer the others question.

 

  “Yah! I blame you if I die. If you’re going to give me rides on this thing I want my own helmet... with diamonds.” Baekhyun wrapped his thin arms around Kris’ firm waist.

 

 

  “Don't worry you know I’m a safe driver. Just hold on.”

 

  Baekhyun trusted Kris with his life actually, he always has. He rested his head on Kris’ back still thinking about his dream. All the answers are in front of me...


~*~

 

~A/N~ Wooooohoooo I'm so happy this is done! Sorry for delay, first it took me like three days to even think of something for this chap. Anyway if you are reading this fic because it was tag angst dont worry you will get your angst starting from chaper 4 or 5ish! I think the real story starts next chapter. so stick around please and two new characters will be introduced next chapter and more after that!

Please comment and subscribe to let me feel the love!

OMG on Saturday I bought SHINee's new album "Dream Girl" It's so flipping gooooooood I played it like 50+ times already AND THE PHOTO CARD HAS ALL OF THEM ON IT. I made the korean kid in my class translate it for me, but he doesnt like SHINee>.< And B.A.P. is having a concert in SF on May 10!!!!

I need to calm down! OK... Have a nice day. I might update on Thursday. See ya then!