~Prologue~

DREAMER.

 

  Baekhyun came across the little park about 5 blocks away from his cozy home. Since it was about evening time there were no small children running around with their overjoyed parents. Deciding, only taking baby steps, he sat on one of the vacant swings.

 

  Nothing flowing through his normally busy mind, he looked up at the sky that was turning a light shade of pink and a deep orange. He stayed like that, without one single drop of caution until he heard a voice call his name.

 

  “Baekhyun?” Without having to turn around, he knew it was Kris.

 

  He turned around any way to face the boy. At the sight of his giant older  friend he let his eyes curl into a smile.

 

  Kris chuckled letting the back of his hand brush his nose. As he walked closer he said, “What are you doing out here so late?”

 

  Baekhyun followed Kris with his eyes as he took a seat on the swing next to his. “Nothing... What are you doing here?” He asked in a joking manner.

 

  “Well I was on my way home until I saw someone with  familiar looking sweater and figure sitting on the swings by himself, so I thought I’d join.” Kris tilted his head smiling, earning one from Baekhyun.

 

  The younger looked up at the setting sky again letting out a deep sigh letting steam escape from his mouth.

 

  Kris smiled. “What are you thinking about Baekie?

 

  Baekhyun laughed under his breath at one of the many nicknames the older created for him. He dropped his gaze from the sky to find that the ground wasn't even comparable to the sunset right before him.

 

  “Baekhyun...” Kris swung his swing sideways lightly bumping into the said. Kris knew he couldn't pry any information out of the normally talkative person, nor did he want to force any out, but he couldn't help feel a little hurt more and more each time when his best friend since the age of four would keep something from him- either way he didn't want to force any out for his and Baekhyuns' sake. “Are you thinking?” He knew he would be safe asking this question.

 

  The two were silent. Kris waiting for the answer Baekhyun was most likely not going to give, so he started swinging.

 

  Baekhyun started swinging too. “I was.” He finally answered. Kris stopped his swing, leaning in to make sure he would catch every word the younger would say next.

  “Can I ask you something.” Baekhyun asked. Kris nodded his head in response. “What if we live out our whole life until the day we die, before we are born? Then we relive every single moment over again. But we would forget everything once we see the light to the world we’re entering.”  Baekhyun finished, still looking up at the setting sky.

 

  Kris looked at his friend with a lazy smile across his face. He was so grateful he was able to befriend the boy so many years ago. Baekhyun was smart, smarter than him even. Despite the slight age difference, he knew their friendship wouldn’t be the same if there wasn't. The way Baekhyun was, was how it was meant to be, how the world stayed balance, to Kris anyway. But he knew whatever Baekhyun did or thought, it was always original.

 

  Baekhyun turned his head to look at kris, who was lost in his own thoughts, staring right at him. “What?” He asked bringing the boy back from wherever he was, lost in his mind.

 

  “...Well... I don't know? Everything would constantly be repeating itself, nothing would ever... change, but we wouldn't know.” After giving his answer he tried to rethink it, asking himself it had made any sense.

 

  “That’s what I was really thinking.” Baekhyun said softly looking at the ground again.

 

  At that Kris rose from his swing and crouched down right in front of Baekhyun who was still seated on the swing. “I like the way you think baby Baek.” He flicked the said boys nose with his thumb smiling.

 

  “Thanks Kris hyung slash gege~” Baekhyun said in a cute childish voice putting the ‘v’ sign to his cheeks.

 

  “Ewww. You know I hate when grown people act cute on purpose.” Kris gaged.

 

  Baekhyun scoffed. “Says you Kris. Why don't you show off your aegyo to your college buddies.” He was almost serious, after all he is the only one who got to see what Mr. Wu Yifan was really like under is cold features.

 

  The two were silent now. The sun had completely set turning the sky a violet color with small patches of baby blue scattered across, but they couldn't see any stars, do to the lights in the near city and bright street lamps around them. Still, Kris was going over the words Baekhyun had said earlier.

 

  Just then he thought of a better answer. “Live each day as if it was your last, because so far, it is...”

 

  Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “Where did you get that?” He bit his lip trying not to laugh in Kris’ face.

 

  “A fortune cookie~” Kris showed off his aegyo Baekhyun about. Kris had a big smile on his face that rubbed off on Baekhyun. Keep being you Baekhyun. He thought to himself still showing his rare smile.


~*~

 

 

~A/N~ Hello! I'm back with the new version of DREAMER. I hope this one does better. I'm pretty sure it will ^__^ This is just the prologue it's like the background for what's about to come. Ok so I was looking for pics of Baekhyun and Kris and found all of these gifs of them and their ship? I didnt know anyone shipped them, but the pictures dont lie! Its pretty "hot" as some would say(I'll see if I can find the link later, but it was on allkpop forms). Ehhh I think it's ok, but their only friends in the fic ^__^

***I might be taking request too. Just message me if you are interested. I'm on AFF like 5 times a day. But please read and I hope you all like it.

Have a nice day!