The Owned One

The Geisha

It didn’t take Yifan a long time to use the sniper perfectly and Junno didn’t stop proudly praising him to Joonmyeon. The head-mafia looked at Yifan and nodded approvingly as if he could see it through Yifan’s eyes.

“I see.” Joonmyeon smirked, “I didn’t make a wrong decision to take you then, Kris, or Wu Yifan.”

Yifan flinched. He hadn’t expected Joonmyun to find out his identity ever since his first experience with the handgun. It wasn’t that hard anyway. But, he wanted to know how exactly Joonmyun had found out.

“How did you find my identity?”

Joonmyeon chuckled, taking inhaling deeply from his cigarette, “It wasn’t hard to find a blacklisted foreigner.”

“Blacklisted…?”

Joonmyeon nodded, “Your visa has expired. You’re wanted now.”

Yifan sighed in defeat. He knew it would be like that anytime soon.

“But, don’t worry. You’re working under me. And my men’s safety is my priority. I just need you to show me all your skills and then you’re safe.” Joonmyeon said, “Is it good enough for you?”

Yifan nodded, “Thank you.”

“And here.” Joonmyeon shoved an ID to Yifan’s hand, “Your new identity. Don’t use it too much if you don’t need it. It’s fake, of course. But, at least, you can walk around Japan with that. And then, I used your ‘stage’ name. I hope you like it. For two days ahead, I’ll let you to rest. Or you can use it to wander around to adapt with your new environment. I don’t care. On Monday, I’m expecting you to be all ready for your first real job.”

Yifan looked at the new ID and sighed heavily.

Great, now ‘Kris’ is going to be my real name…

 

-

 

Kris. Kris, Kris, Kris, Kris.

Yifan, or Kris then, raised his ID high as he was sprawled lazily on his bed. He kept repeating his new name until it became foreign on his tongue.

He huffed and stuck his new ID in his wallet safely. He saw the photo of him and Luhan when they had been kids. Kris’ lips curled up a little as he recalled the memory. But his smile vanished a few seconds later when he was looking around his room. He was no longer Yifan. He was Kris then. The assassin, like what Junno had told him. It was hard for him to accept the whole thing at once, but he had no choice.

He turned his face aside to glance at his clock. It was nearly midnight and everyone had fallen asleep.

“Every Saturday night, the third room of the west wing, I’ll be waiting for you. I’m only free then.”

Kris recalled the promise. He grabbed his handgun, hung it on his belt and got up from his bed. Quietly, he opened the door and closed it behind him carefully, not wanting to make any sound. He took a step and stopped to listen for anything he could hear around him. But, other than crickets and wind, he couldn’t hear anything. So, he decided that it was safe to take further steps toward his decision.

It took him five minutes to reach the said room. The door wasn’t closed. The moonlight flitting through the narrow gap from the door. Kris was hesitant. He was afraid that he would meet Joonmyeon or anyone else there. So, he peeked through the slit but he didn’t catch any glimpse or shadow there. Carefully, he pushed the door wider with his right shoulder as his hands gripped his gun tightly.

Suddenly, he felt his shoe stepping on liquid. The dim light made it look like blood. For a second, fear was creeping up Kris’ spine. He crouched down and touched it with his fingers. It was sticky, but Kris knew it wasn’t blood. He smelled it and he couldn’t smell anything like blood. He just could smell something like…paint?

A grunt was heard, making Kris stand up on his feet and steady his gun. And then a soft groan was heard too. Kris recognized the voice. So, he pushed the door quietly and approached the source, the bed.

“Lay…?” Kris called whisperingly.

“Ah…you’re here already…” Lay’s soft voice answered.

“Wait, I’ll turn on the lights.”

“No, don’t!” Lay warned, “They’ll know that you are here if you do that. Just leave it like this.”

Kris put down his gun and helped the smaller figure to get up. Then he realized that there wasn’t a single piece of fabric on Lay’s body. And he also could feel the warm sticky liquid on Lay’s . Kris was sure that it was blood then.

“You’re bleeding!” Kris whispered in panic.

“No, it’s okay. It’s not a big deal.” Lay answered between his painful groan, “It’s the tattoos…”

“Tattoos…?”

Lay sighed and wrapped the sheet around his body, “I’ve been taken.”

“Taken…?” Kris asked again, confused.

“Yes, Kris…” Lay whispered between his sobs, “Joonmyeon has taken me…and the tattoos on my back is the proof that I’m owned by him…”

And then it registered in Kris’ brain. It was obvious. Joonmyeon had touched Lay. Kris couldn’t hold himself from hugging Lay securely in his arms.

“Lay…I-”

“Don’t pity me.” Lay whispered, “Please, just don’t. I’m okay. I’ve known that this would happen sooner or later. Joonmyeon didn’t bring me here for nothing, okay?”

Kris cupped the face in front of him, wiping the fresh tears, which had never stopped. More tears were rolling down Lay’s face, but his dimpled smile was still there. Kris stared at the dark orbs of the one he loved, silently showing his concern.

“I’m okay, Kris…” Lay sobbed, as if he could see the raging emotion in Kris’ eyes, “I really am…”

He brought Lay’s head to his chest so the younger could pour down all his tears there. Kris closed his eyes and buried his nose into Lay’s soft locks, kissing the crown of the geisha’s head and murmuring the comforting words he knew.

It hurt.

It hurt to see Lay crying like that.

It felt like someone had ripped his heart and tortured him.

So, Kris couldn’t hold a single tear that escaped from his eye.

 

-

 

Lay had fallen asleep on Kris’ chest. The tracks of tears were still visible and Kris couldn’t bring help but to capture the soft lips in his. He knew it was wrong to take the advantage when Lay was still sleeping but he couldn’t hold it.

The kiss was chaste and short. It was just a simple meeting of two pairs of lips and then it ended.

Kris pushed some strands from Lay’s sleeping face and tucked it behind Lay’s ear. He glanced at the clock on the nightstand and realized it was already dawn. He had to go back to his room quickly before someone came into Lay’s room. Carefully, he untangled Lay’s arm from his waist. He covered the smaller figure with the blanket and kissed Lay’s forehead. He picked his handgun and hung it again in the pocket of his belt.

“See you later, Lay.” Kris whispered, planting a single peck on Lay’s cheek, before leaving the dark room.

Kris closed his room and sighed in relief, resting his forehead on the cold surface of the wooden door.

“Where have you been?”

Kris gasped and turned his body to see Junno sitting on his bed, his face hard and cold.

“Ah…I’ve been in the…”

“You’ve been in Lay’s room, haven’t you?” Junno asked, not letting Kris lie.

“No…”

Suddenly, Junno grabbed Kris’ collar and slammed him harshly against the wall, “You’re lying!”

Kris grunted because of the pain that seared through his back, “Junno!”

And then Junno released him, taking a step backwards, “You shouldn’t have been there, Kris. It’s dangerous.”

Kris rubbed his neck and gritted his teeth, “It’s none of your problem!”

“It is!” Junno shot back, “You’re my friend…I can’t let you get hurt…”

There was a moment a silence before finally Kris broke it, “Don’t worry…I know it’s dangerous. But, I’ve made a promise and I can’t break it…”

“Kris, please understand,” Junno said, rubbing his temple, “Lay is Joonmyeon’s property. No one can touch him without Joonmyeon’s permission! You could get killed!”

Kris chuckled, “Then just let him kill me if I get caught.”

“Don’t be like that!” Junno hissed, “You know it’s not true!”

“It’s true.” Kris said, rubbing his hurt nape, “I don’t really care if Joonmyeon kills me.” And then he chuckled bitterly, “I don’t have any life anymore, so it doesn’t matter.”

“You still have Lay.” Junno answered, “Isn’t he your life…?”

Kris stopped pacing and looked at Junno, “He is. But, I don’t think I can be good enough for him…”

“If he’s your life, then just don’t get killed.” Junno said, “And don’t talk about life like you don’t need it. You don’t know how precious it is until you lose someone you love…”

Kris snapped his head up, “Junno…?”

“Do you remember Ueda…?” Junno smiled sadly, “He died.”

“What happened…?”

“Got shot, right into his heart. Tragic, isn’t it?”

“He was working for Joonmyeon too…?”

Junno nodded. And then he patted Kris’ shoulder, “Just…just don’t get killed. I’m sure Lay doesn’t want it happen too. Be careful.”

The taller was about to open the door when Kris called him, “Are you not going to report me…?”

“Just pretend I didn’t see you. Good night.” And then Junno left the room.

Kris stared at the sky through the window and sighed.

I promise I’ll be careful, Junno. But, I can’t stop visiting Lay. I just can’t.

 

-

 

“Now, you’re going to learn how to use the knives.” Joonmyeon said.

“I know.” Kris answered, “But…aren’t knives used in short range fights? I know how to stab, so why do I have to learn it?”

Joonmyeon chuckled, “Don’t be so arrogant. Knives have their arts in usage as well. If you can master the handguns and snipers, then I’m sure you won’t find any trouble with these. But, don’t be full of yourself. Your reflex as a fighter will have some benefits though.”

“Is Junno going to teach me again?” Kris asked, playing one of the knives with his hand.

“Ah. No.” Joonmyeon said, “Junno isn’t that good with knives. I’ll have someone else to teach you.”

Kris hated that he had to adapt with whoever new guy Joonmyeon would order to. But, he had no power to argue so he just sigh and took the second knife with his free hand.

“Well, since I think you’ll be happy to meet this guy, I’ll leave you for now. He’s going to be here soon.” Joonmyeon said and left Kris with the knives.

Kris held another knife with a chiseled grip then. The metal of the knife was thin and sharp that Kris was sure it could cut fingers. He was too absorbed with the knife that he didn’t hear the door being opened again. Suddenly, a sharp metal was pressed lightly against his neck. Kris dropped the knife he had been holding and breathed heavily.

“You could get hurt if you dropped your guard like that.” A rich voice was heard beside his ear.

Kris gritted his teeth. He wasn’t going to get underestimated that early. So, he gripped the thin wrist with his hand, spun his attacker around and slammed him against the wall, chest first.

“What the ?!”

“Hi there!” The attacker smiled sweetly like nothing had happened.

He was much shorter than Kris, even Lay. He had fluffy cheeks and wide sparkling eyes. He had fair skin and tiny figure. In Kris’ eyes, that guy didn’t look harmful. He just couldn’t believe it was the same guy who had just placed the knife beside his head a few seconds earlier.

Then Kris realized, the sweet smile the guy was showing him was probably more dangerous than Junno.

“I’m Kyungsoo, or D.O, whatever you want to call me.” He introduced himself as he touched the knives on the table. He looked up and stared directly at Kris. Even though the sweet smile was still there Kris didn’t feel that it was sweet anymore, it was venomous such that Kris felt goosebumps. And then D.O’s lips parted to give him a last threat, “I won’t go easy, just be ready for the lesson.”


...so sorry for everyone who wanted lay's first to be kris...

nngh, no, kris wasn't lay's first so...yeah...

here it was the beginning of lay's reaction of being taken by joonmyeon. oh well...there will be more drama to go...and action...and blood...and gore, or not.

>///<