The Mafia

The Geisha

 

OMFG, i've taken a looooooooooong time to update i'm sorry~ this is new chapter guys, i hope you'll be not disappointed. i love you guys! thanks for waiting for me~

by the way, this chapter is unbeta-ed hehe~

 


 

 

“Another win for our champion, KRIS!!!”

Yifan threw a smirk to the audience and climbed down the ring. Hangeng patted him on the back.

“Good job, Didi.”

“Thanks, Ge.” Yifan smiled.

His body felt tired and sore all over. But, he felt excited to see Lay that night. It had been a long time since the last meeting, two weeks to be exact. Hangeng agreed to come with him to the club. He practically jumped after they had arrived.

The bouncer, Koki it was, looked stern. Well, he usually looked stern. But, that night was different and it made Yifan feel weird. He and Hangeng passed the gateway and walked toward their usual table. Hangeng stopped at the bar on half-way but they unusually didn’t meet Kazuya. It was just a random tiny bartender. They ordered their usual drinks and sat uncomfortably on their table.

“It’s weird…I smell something fishy here.” Hangeng mumbled, “Kazuya usually never leaves his bar.”

Yifan felt it too. But, he didn’t speak it out loud. The waiter came and served their glasses. The fighter was sipping his drink quietly when the familiar figure of Kazuya appeared.

Kazuya had that serious expression on his face and he wasn’t his cheerful usual self.

“Is there something wrong…?” Hangeng asked carefully.

Kazuya suddenly broke into tears and he covered his face, “They took him…”

“They…?”

“The mafia whom I loaned him to.”

Hangeng frowned, “Who did they take?”

Yifan felt his grip loosen around the glass and he dropped his drink down on the dark floor as he heard a familiar name escape Kazuya’s lips.

 

-

 

“They made him theirs…” Kazuya said, “I didn’t have any power to stop them so they took him away. Oh my God, I don’t even know what they’re going to do to him but I hope it won’t be bad. I hope they won’t force him to be their -slave or something…he’s a , for God’s sake. He has been one since I found him three years ago. He admitted himself that nobody had touched him and I promised him I wouldn’t let anyone touch him. But, what have I done?! I couldn’t keep him safe!”

Yifan gritted his teeth hard and launched a punch right on his rival’s nose. His knuckles felt hurt but he didn’t care. His rival, some Chinese, he didn’t remember, knocked out and fell unconscious on the ring. Yifan had left the ring before the referee announced him as the winner.

In the locker room, Yifan racked his blonde hair in frustration. Kazuya’s words kept replaying on his mind.

“Yifan.”

The called man looked up and saw his trainer leaning against the doorway with crossed arms.

“Get ready. Your brother’s flight is going to land in an hour.”

“Ah…”

Yifan almost forgot about that. He hurriedly showered and got dressed with the fresh clothes. After that, he followed his trainer to call a cab and headed right away to the airport where Luhan’s flight was going to land.

“What time the flight is going to land?” Hangeng asked Yifan who was still busy spacing out.

Hearing the question, Yifan snapped himself out of his own world and checked the time, “In about five minutes if it’s not delayed.”

“Fine. I’m going to buy some drink. What do you want?”

“Coffee will be nice.”

Hangeng nodded and got up from the bench.

Yifan leaned his back again and sighed. His mind was too occupied about Lay that he couldn’t think properly. All he could hope was Lay to be okay and wasn’t treated badly. He had heard how mafia usually treated their geishas and it would be a lie if he said he didn’t care. He was worried as hell, moreover after Kazuya said that there had been no one touching Lay.

“I really need to clear my mind…he’s just a random geisha anyway…” Yifan tried to tell himself. But deep inside, he knew Lay was more than just a random geisha for him.

“God, I’m going crazy.” Yifan growled lowly.

Suddenly, the flight from China was announced landing. He immediately caught up with Hangeng and waited at the gate had said before.

“Yifan!” A high-pitched squeal was heard. Yifan saw a shorter male with bouncing honey-colored hair as he was running toward their position. Immediately, he forgot about the geisha and his heart was filled by so much warm feeling he was longing to feel of.

Luhan practically jumped to Yifan’s embrace as soon as they were close enough, earning weird glances from the others.

“You don’t know how I missed you, you stupid bastard!” Luhan sobbed loudly against his taller foster brother’s shoulder.

“I missed you too, Luhan.” Yifan admitted and hugged the shorter male tighter.

“Don’t ever you leave me or I’ll castrate your by myself!” Luhan threatened as he punched Yifan’s arm. And then he bowed to Hangeng with all respect, “Thank you so much for helping my brother here. I’m sure he would be dead by now if there was no you, Sir.”

“Just call me Hangeng, will you?” Hangeng chuckled, “Or gege, Yifan usually call me that.”

“Gege, then.” Luhan bowed again.

“Yifan has told me about you. And I suggested him that you can stay at my place together with him and of course me. Well, if you don’t mind.”

“Of course, I don’t mind. It’s me to worry that I might intrude your life or something…”

“Ah no. The many, the better.” Hangeng chuckled, “So, I think it’s time for us to go home then. I’m sure you’re tired, Luhan.”

“Thank you so much, Gege.”

 

-

 

“You really have a good friend, Yifan. I’m glad that you’re okay too.” Luhan said as he unpacked his things to sleep.

Yifan just smiled and kept staring at the ceiling.

“But I can tell that you have something bothering you right now. Is it me or…?”

“No, it’s not you, Luhan.” Yifan said, “It’s…something else.”

“What is it?” Luhan threw himself beside his brother and demanded a story.

“…it’s kind of long story.”

“We have much time. Come on! We haven’t met for a while! What did I miss?”

Yifan sighed and shared his story about Lay, about how beautiful the geisha was, how he danced, how he captured all Yifan’s attention, how Yifan missed him…

“You like him.”

Yifan shrugged, “I don’t know if this feeling can be considered as like. No, I think it’s more than that…he has captured me in his grip, Luhan, I don’t think I can escape anytime soon. But, now again, I don’t know where he is, or whether he’s fine or not, or something…”

Luhan nodded and patted his brother’s shoulder, “Be patient. If you are meant to be, then time will meet you up again some other time.”

“I hope so…”

“By the way, Fan.”

“Hmm?”

“Hangeng-ge is handsome.”

Yifan snapped his head aside to see his brother, who was smiling madly, “Are you crazy?! For God’s sake, you’ve only met him for thirty minutes.”

“Isn’t it enough for liking someone?” Luhan pouted.

“You really don’t change.” Yifan sighed.

“But, I’m serious. He looks mature and kind too. And he’s a strong guy. Who doesn’t want to be with him?”

“I don’t want to.” Yifan mumbled.

“Because you have someone in your heart already.” Luhan rolled his eyes, “What is his favorite food for breakfast?”

“Don’t tell me that you’re going to make it if I tell you…”

“You know me so well, brother!”

Yifan sighed, “He usually makes us pancakes or omelets.”

“Pancakes then! Now, good night, Yifan!”

Yifan sighed and stared at the back of Luhan’s honey colored head, “Yeah…good night.”

 

-

 

He didn’t kid me when he was saying he would make the pancakes…

Yifan could only palmed his face as he saw the amount of pancakes on the dining table.

“Wow, they look delicious.” Hangeng said and sat on one seat.

“I hope you don’t mind me using your kitchen, Gege.” Luhan said in sickening sweet tone.

“With the result like these? Of course no! I’ll dig in!” And Hangeng started eating, unaware of the look Luhan was giving to him.

“Stop staring at him!” Yifan hissed, kicking Luhan’s leg. The baby faced male pouted and started eating as well.

“Do you want to drop the fight tonight? I can cancel your fight.” Hangeng asked the fighter.

Yifan shook his head, “No. I want to fight tonight. Don’t mind Luhan, I’ll still fight.”

Luhan almost dropped his fork, “You’re going to what tonight??”

“Fight. And before you freak out, please save it for later.” Yifan said, chewing his pancake.

“Bu-but…”

“Luhan,” Yifan sighed, “I survive because of fighting. I can’t quit, if it’s what on your mind. This is my life.”

“Why don’t you find another better job…?”

“With criminal record?” Yifan snorted, “Are you serious?”

Luhan bit his lower lip and sighed in defeat, “I’m afraid…”

“Don’t be. I’ve been doing it for months.”

“Can I come to watch you?” Luhan asked.

Yifan nodded, “I don’t see why not. But, don’t be freaked out if I get punched or kicked or bleeding.”

Luhan’s breath hitched but he nodded anyway.

So, that was why Yifan’s knuckles were being bandaged by Luhan and not Hangeng that night. His face was full of worries, but Yifan knew his brother wasn’t going to drag him out of the ring. His rival that night was another Chinese that Yifan couldn’t remember the name.

At first, Yifan gave his rival a knee and then followed by the elbow right on the nape. His rival fell down easily. He gave another punch and sent his rival to the corner of the ring. He didn’t stop and kept repeating the punches to the already bruised face. He was about to send his rival down when suddenly his eyes caught a familiar glimpse at the corner of his eyes. He stopped his fist mid-air to get a better look.

Lay.

Yifan widened his eyes and hurriedly jumped out of the ring, leaving all the audience, including Hangeng and Luhan confused.

But, Yifan’s mind wasn’t on the battle anymore. His mind had been blinded by the fact he had just seen Lay, the geisha he had been craving for since the said male gone.

Yifan kept running toward where he thought Lay gone but he still couldn’t find the said male until suddenly he bumped into someone shorter in the turn that made the said male fall backwards.

“I-I’m sorry.” Yifan bowed and helped the man in suit.

“It’s okay.”

Yifan gave an awkward smile and looked at the male’s followers. He found the one he had been searching for there.

“Lay!” Yifan immediately grabbed the geisha’s wrist, “Where have you been?! I’ve been looking for you!”

But, Lay snapped his wrist and took a step backward from Yifan. He lowered his face, avoiding Yifan’s stare.

“Sorry, maybe you’re mistaken me as anyone else…”

Yifan felt his world falling down. He grabbed Lay’s chin, a little bit harshly that Lay flinched, and stared at Lay’s eyes, searching for the truth.

“I’m Yi-I mean, Kris. You know me. Don’t you remember?”

“You’re wrong…”

“Lay!”

“Okay, stop.” The male that Yifan had bumped into earlier slipped between their distance, “I know you’re the fighter here, but my men have guns if you try to do something funny to my geisha.”

“Your geisha…?”

My geisha, Lay.” The man raised his chin high and wrapped his arm around Lay’s waist.

“But…” Yifan looked at the male they were talking about, “I-is that true?”

Lay lowered his head even more, hiding his face from Yifan’s eyes.

“So, if you don’t mind, excuse us.” The male said and pushed Yifan out of his way with Lay beside him.

And there was it. The spontaneous idea popped out on Yifan’s mind and led him into something serious which could harm him and even make him regret it later. He was too blinded by Lay’s presence at that time that he ran to stand right on the man in suit’s track.

“Could I be one of your men then?”

 


 

so yeaaaah~ finally yifan met joonmyeon! nnngggggggg...why did lay pretend that he didn't know yifan? why? i'm curious myself lololol! see you later!