The Right Hand

The Geisha

Kris woke up with an empty space beside him. He squinted his eyes but he there was no sign of Lay anywhere. He got up, cracking his neck, and saw a slip of paper on the nightstand. It was from Lay, an apology that he had to get to his room before someone noticed his disappearance. Kris ruffled his bed hair and got up from his bed, grabbing his boxers, and then he washed the stickiness off from yesterday night activities.

He put on casual clothes and then walked out of his room to get something for breakfast.

“Morning.” Kyungsoo chirped from the kitchen.

“Morning.” Kris grunted and let his head fall onto the dining table with a groan.

“You seem tired.” Junno said.

“I stayed up late.”

Junno narrowed his eyes, “Oh.”

Kris knew that Junno noticed something. But he decided not to think about it. He took a sandwich and started nibbling the pointed side of it.

“Oh hey, Kris!” Kai came into the kitchen with a pale boy Kris had never seen before, “Sehun, this is Kris, Joonmyeon’s new assassin.” Kris flinched at the description Jongin had given to Sehun, “And Kris, this is Sehun. You’ve never met him before since he works for Baekhyun.”

“What?!” Kyungsoo turned his face and saw Sehun, “Baekhyun is here?!”

“Yup, so hurry bring him something strong, you know how he can be a sometimes.” Kai chuckled to see Kyungsoo flustered.

“Baekhyun?” Kris demanded an explanation.

“He’s Joonmyeon partner, you can say he’s Joonmyeon’s right hand.” Kai replied as he took a sandwich and then stuffed it into his mouth.

“Baekhyun is one of the closest men to Joonmyeon.” Junno continued, “He takes care of the branch in Korea.”

“Branch?”

Junno chuckled as he saw the confusion on Kris’ face, “Joonmyeon’s mafia isn’t only in Japan, you know? There are various branches in China and Japan as well.”

Kris gulped nervously. He knew Joonmyeon was well-known, but he had never thought that guy would have that famous.

“What does he usually do, this Baekhyun?” Kris asked again.

“Drugs, alcohol, illegal trade, human trafficking.” Junno answered casually sipping his coffee as he did.

“Human trafficking?” Kris gasped, “Human?!”

Junno nodded, “Don’t be so shocked. It’s usual in this world.”

No, it isn’t. Kris thought. He felt nauseous at the thought of people being sold. He put his half-eaten sandwich on his plate and got up.

“I-I’ll be walking around for a while.” Kris said.

He felt that Sehun guy watching him as he was leaving but he decided to ignore it.

Kris walked toward the small back yard where he had heard Lay playing guitar there and sat beside the pond. He supported his body with a hand on his back as he stared up to the blue sky.

He wasn’t ready if Joonmyeon told him to sell people. It was worse than killing them. He couldn’t even think what the buyers would do to them. Shivers ran down his spine as he thought about it.

He pulled out the gun of his pocket and examined it. He suddenly missed Luhan and Hangeng. He was curious about how they were living without him around. Sighing heavily, he leaned back on the grassy soil and tucked his hands under the weight of his head, closing his eyes.

 

-

 

“Kris.”

Someone shook his body. He woke up and saw Kyungsoo above him. He sat up and pocketed his gun back, he didn’t even realize that he had fallen asleep until the night had come.

“What’s up, Kyungsoo?”

“Get up. Joonmyeon wants to meet you.” Kyungsoo announced as he got up and patted his pants.

“Me? What does he want from me?”

Kyungsoo shrugged, “You better hurry.”

Kris patted his denim jeans and then he walked into the room he knew Joonmyeon was at. After a row of knocks, he entered the room once Joonmyeon told him to come in. Other than Joonmyeon, he saw another man there. He had a baby face but the eyeliner sharpened his eye-lines, making him look bad enough.

Kris thought it might be Baekhyun and he was right.

“Kris, my man, come here, sit beside me.” Joonmyeon patted the space beside him, “He’s Baekhyun, my right hand, and he’s visiting us here. I told him about your work and he’s impressed so he wants to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you, Kris.” Baekhyun gave him a smirk and a curt nod, “So, where’s your new toy?”

Kris felt the anger raising in his chest- he knew Baekhyun was asking about Lay. He fisted his hands unconsciously.

“He’s about to come.” Joonmyeon announced, “I want you to see him first in his perfect shape.”

The sliding door was opened suddenly and Kris saw Lay in his kimono. He had to hold his breath, because Lay in his kimono never failed to impress him.

Lay glanced at Kris before walking towards the empty space on the other side of Joonmyeon.

The whistle Baekhyun blew was enough to wake Kris up from his dazed mind.

“He’s surely something.” Baekhyun chuckled, “Have you taken him?”

“Of course.” Joonmyeon smugly declared, “Show him your back, Lay.”

Lay got up from the sofa and let the kimono slide down his body to let all of them in the room stare at his perfect bare skin and curves. The tattoos were clearly shown on his back.

“Dragon?” Baekhyun chuckled, “I agree with you. He matches those tattoos.”

Kris gritted his teeth. He wasn’t a big fan if it came to Lay showing his body to other people. But he could do nothing. If he exploded then and there, Joonmyeon would kill them both for sure.

“So, Lay.” Baekhyun approached the geisha and lifted his chin with a finger, “Beautiful.”

Kris didn’t miss how Baekhyun his lips shamelessly.

“You should share him to me, Joonmyeon.” Baekhyun looked at the mafia beside Kris.

Please say no, Kris pleaded.

“Of course.” Joonmyeon smirked, “Tonight. I’ll share him tonight.”

It would be Saturday night that day.

“No!” Lay suddenly snapped, “You promised me, Joonmyeon! Saturday is my day off! I need to rest! Don’t you think that six days of is enough to satisfy your ing lust?!”

“This case is rare, Lay baby.” Joonmyeon smashed the cigarette on the ashtray, “I have a special person here.”

“But-”

“You want it or not, I’ll still come to your room. You want it or not, I’ll still you.” Joonmyeon said in warning tone, “Behave Lay, your life is in my hands. Got it? And where’s your attitude? Didn’t I tell you what to call me? ”

Lay lowered his head and glanced at Kris through his bangs, “Yes, Master…”

Kris felt his palms stinging in pain as he buried his nails deeper. His anger was about to explode. It hurt, but he couldn’t do anything. It hurt so much that he felt like crying.

“Good boy.” Joonmyeon said, kissing the geisha’s lips and only released him as Lay panted for oxygen.

“Now get back to your room.” Joonmyeon ordered.

Lay hastily slid into his kimono and ran out of the room, not bothering to take the obi (belt) of the kimono with him. Joonmyeon looked at it and threw it to Kris.

“Give this back to him.” Joonmyeon said with a smug smirk, “Aren’t you happy to spend some more time with him?”

Kris received the obi and got up from the couch. He got out without word. As he reached the hallway, he punched his fist on it repeatedly until all of his anger disappeared and his knuckles bruised and bled. His hurt right hand trembled hard in pain. He leaned his body on the blood stained wall and looked at the obi in his other hand. He brought the obi to his lips and kissed it. The tears started flowing from his closed eyes.

 

-

 

Kris entered Lay’s room without knocking or saying anything. Head was hung low.

“What are you doing here…?” Lay whispered.

Kris felt the geisha’s cold hand lifted his face by cupping his head and he saw Lay’s eyes red and teary. Lay gasped as he saw tears on Kris’ face.

“I…” Kris choked in tears, “I’m here to give your obi back…”

Kris raised his left hand and handed the obi to Lay. But, the geisha dropped the obi as soon as he saw Kris’ bleeding knuckles.

“Oh my God, what happened to you?!” Lay asked with concern, “Did Joonmyeon do this to you?”

Kris shook his head, “No…”

Lay wiped the tears on Kris’ face with his sweater sleeve and kissed the taller male repeatedly, “Let’s treat your hand, okay?”

The geisha sat him on the bed and took the aid kit box from the cabinet near the wardrobe. Kris was only silent as Lay poured the alcohol onto the cotton and dubbed it on his wounded knuckles. He looked up and grazed Lay’s appearance with his eyes. The long eyelashes and the full lips, nose, neck, everything made Kris’ heart flutter.

“It hurts…” Kris whispered.

Lay smiled a little, “Of course it does…your knuckles are bleeding.”

Kris shook his head. He grasped Lay’s hand and held it tight on his chest, “No…my heart, Lay. It hurts.”

“Kris-”

“It hurts to see you being touched. It hurts to see you crying. It hurts to do nothing as Joonmyeon threatened you. It hurts.”

Lay pulled Kris’ head to his chest and the short hair softly, “Kris, it’s okay. I’m okay.”

“No, you’re not…” Kris said, inhaling Lay’s fragrance, “I’m sorry.”

“What are you sorry for?”

“Because I can’t protect you from their filthy hands…”

“It’s not your fault, Kris.” Lay sternly warned and brought their eyes on the same lever, “It’s never yours. So, don’t be sorry, okay?”

Kris could only sigh. Lay smiled and kissed the taller male’s lips softly, letting their bodies melt into another flow of love.

 


 

ugh. i know you guys probably hate me because this chapter is so freaking short. bu-but this chapter is important...why...? BECAUSE IT'S BAEKHYUN'S ARRIVAL! asdfghjkl! i hate this his character already, how about you?